Participant

JGZinv wrote:

Why did we not know of this sooner?!

They’re bad at publicity? 😉

Cool news, though.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Cool! Thanks for the share JG! Well, who’s closest to MN who can go represent… :Cheeks:
      Well someone has to do something about their PR department getting the word out,that’s for sure.

And totally off the topic but what role did Josh Grelle play in the Wedding Peach dub?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

And totally off the topic but what role did Josh Grelle play in the Wedding Peach dub?

If something is “totally off topic” please don’t bring it up to begin with. However, since the VA in question is attending this con I think this is a reasonable question, just don’t preface it with “totally off topic” 😉 The answer to your question is that he played the key, pivotal role of “additional voices” 😆 . This thread is about Petrea at Anime Fusion though, so try and stick to that discussion.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Kansas… Minnesota. Kansas… Minnesota.

Dangit.

I wouldn’t have posted the question if the VA in question wasn’t in fact listed above Petrea Burchard.It’s hard not to notice something like that when it happens to occur at the top of the page in question.

Anyways,Bloomington,former home of the Twins and Vikings!

I wonder how large a con it will be,it does seem to be a bit disorganized if they’re only getting the information out now.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

If something is “totally off topic” please don’t bring it up to begin with. However, since the VA in question is attending this con I think this is a reasonable question, just don’t preface it with “totally off topic” 😉 The answer to your question is that he played the key, pivotal role of “additional voices” 😆 . This thread is about Petrea at Anime Fusion though, so try and stick to that discussion.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wouldn’t have posted the question if the VA in question wasn’t in fact listed above Petrea Burchard.It’s hard not to notice something like that when it happens to occur at the top of the page in question.

Anyways,Bloomington,former home of the Twins and Vikings!

I wonder how large a con it will be,it does seem to be a bit disorganized if they’re only getting the information out now.

Now, now, there’s nothing wrong with offhandedly prefacing with “totally off topic” as long as you get back around to being on topic 😉

Pretty short notice, and it’d be a six hour drive for me, and getting hotel reservations nearby at this point would not realistically be possible… so I don’t image I’m making it, but just out of curiosity, if anyone here thinks they might, please post here! :D

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

and getting hotel reservations nearby at this point would not realistically be possible…

Expedia saved my ass last year for NDK ’12. Failing that, look for the conventions “Roommates wanted” threads and scour there. Unfortunately for me I just HAD to agree to extend my Task Force assignment through October.

[Hand wringing intensifies]

Anonymous
      According to Petrea she’ll be atrending a con in Texas in winter

Petrea Facebook wrote:

I’ll be in south Texas (Kingsville) for GATOcon February 22-23.

Unfortunately she cancelled her appearance for GATO Con because the website was down for 4 months, which didn’t help with promoting. So sad because I totally wanted to meet with her. wtfisthis1
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Aw, that’s unfortunate to hear. It’d be so great to meet her. Not only as a fan of Ryoko, but as a fellow writer.
      Anonymous

shadow_tyrael wrote:

Unfortunately she cancelled her appearance for GATO Con because the website was down for 4 months, which didn’t help with promoting. So sad because I totally wanted to meet with her. wtfisthis1

First off, welcome to the forum tyrael!

Second, it’s always a shame when a voice actor/ress can’t make it to a con, especially one like Petrea, she says that she has lots of fans in Ohio, maybe Ohayocon will get her some day…

ZERO-Ryoko
      Wow How often does Petrea dip her toes into the convention scene? I always had the impression that she no longer did Cons.

Then again, I’m not the type to research things too often. I’m lazy. Kiyofacepalm1

jgzinv
      She has to be asked… which seems to be the issue as very very few will reach out to an actor

that is largely out of anime and only played one role that is no longer front and center.

julia
      She’s been to a couple in the last few years, hasn’t she? I remember she went to one she announced on her fb and she seemed really excited about it(the “ladies of tenchi muyo”… there has to be more, just can’t think of them off the top of my head). I like how welcoming and kind she is to all the anime fans, she’s so cool! You know… we should request her for Ohayocon…
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.