Planing a Tenchi Muyo Themed Tattoo!

Forums Fan Stuff Tenchi Projects Planing a Tenchi Muyo Themed Tattoo!

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      If I were you I’d go with the one with Ryoko and Ryo-ohki.Though the other two were pretty good as well.

It’s just that I like seeing Ryoko with Ryo-chan. bth_Ryoko1

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum Ninjaboy! Feel free to post wherever you want, or say hi in the introduction thread!

Anyway, I think it’s awesome that Tenchi (and Ryoko 😎 ) has influenced you so much that you want to get a tattoo! I actually know one or two other guys who have gotten Ryoko tats recently as well, and they all turned out pretty cool! If I remember correctly, one of them was actually the pic in the third link you gave (first link doesn’t lead to a pic btw). I quite like the fan art Ryoko in the second link you gave. Sorry I can’t be much more helpful than that, I’ve got absolutely no eye for this type of thing 😆

Let us know what you end up getting, and feel free to show us pics when its all done if you want! I hope to see you around the forum sometime!

NinjaboyMMGN

mitsuki lover wrote:

If I were you I’d go with the one with Ryoko and Ryo-ohki.Though the other two were pretty good as well.

It’s just that I like seeing Ryoko with Ryo-chan. bth_Ryoko1

Yeah their combo does seem like a good option might take it into consideration.

chucklocker wrote:

Welcome to the forum Ninjaboy! Feel free to post wherever you want, or say hi in the introduction thread!

Anyway, I think it’s awesome that Tenchi (and Ryoko 😎 ) has influenced you so much that you want to get a tattoo! I actually know one or two other guys who have gotten Ryoko tats recently as well, and they all turned out pretty cool! If I remember correctly, one of them was actually the pic in the third link you gave (first link doesn’t lead to a pic btw). I quite like the fan art Ryoko in the second link you gave. Sorry I can’t be much more helpful than that, I’ve got absolutely no eye for this type of thing 😆

Let us know what you end up getting, and feel free to show us pics when its all done if you want! I hope to see you around the forum sometime!

I fixed that link so I hope it links you to it now. An I will jump into the intro thread after this and post!

While I was looking around on the web I found these 2 images that I had a liking too –

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m83b1ewxw41rqqmnro1_500.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/64287_10151317118175216_1743243734_n.jpg

The first one is cute, the second one I like a little more. It’s something I can put on my forearm.

Ballsmagee01
      the first one would make a awesome tat. i was planing to get one myself :Tenchismile:
      I agree with chuck,please send pics when you decide on that tat and get it done.It should be interesting to see the results.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Wow this post hid from me somehow!

Remember, them tattoo-thingies are permanent! Bear in mind unfortunately some folks are prejudice against them (like potential employers) but as long as it’s something near and dear to you…well, of course it’s all up to you!

& being a huge Ryoko fan myself, and someone who can also legitimately say Tenchi Muyo! has had an influence on my own outlook on life, I think a Tenchi/Ryoko-themed tat would be awesome!

Personally, I really like the first one you posted (the one with the writing over her a bit, the link you fixed…which doesn’t seem like a deal breaker to me, though I wouldn’t know, maybe print out the pic and ask the artist if she/he can do it as if the letters weren’t there), the Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki one, and the last one you posted https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/64287_10151317118175216_1743243734_n.jpg” class=”bbcode_url”>https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/64287_10151317118175216_1743243734_n.jpg (especially if it’s on your arm, idk but for some reason I imagine it would look very fitting there) but that’s just me of course, they’re Ryoko, so they’re all cool!

If you go through with it, maybe you could shares with us here, yes? imhappyplz

NinjaboyMMGN
      So I almost have enough to get my Tattoo done when I was reading No Need for Tenchi and seen this –

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/2475/04-001.0/compressed/chapter_01.tenchi_muyo_vol.04_ch.01_01.jpg?v=11213523042

I think I could get this done. With or without Ryo-Ohki?

Anonymous

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

So I almost have enough to get my Tattoo done when I was reading No Need for Tenchi and seen this –

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/2475/04-001.0/compressed/chapter_01.tenchi_muyo_vol.04_ch.01_01.jpg?v=11213523042

I think I could get this done. With or without Ryo-Ohki?

Well without Ryo-Ohki would obviously be easier, it all depends on what you want. Great picture choice though.

Thorn
      It’s really your decision, but personally I feel that the image works best with Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki. The picture itself is actually fairly simple as far as designs go. It should be a breeze for an experienced tattoo artist whether Ryo-Ohki is included or not.
      NinjaboyMMGN
      Pretty sure I’m going to get that one, is as you said Thorn a simple design. I also decided to spend 5 minutes coloring it just now and this is what I cam up with:

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w612/Trent_Castle/tattoopossible_zpsb879d128.jpg" />

Not sure about the green though, it’s kinda a place holder until I find a better color I like or that suits Ryoko.

Dizzae
      Participant
      Wow that looks amazing! Maybe try the yellow of Ryoko’s eyes instead of the green.

Good luck :Tenchismile:

Agreed that looks pretty good. :Tenchismile:
      Ballsmagee01
      Realy nice and nosebleed 😆
      😆

Seriously though nice.

NinjaboyMMGN
      So I’m going with the image here on the second page. It’s going to be on my upper right arm… (Biggest and best place for it…) Now this might sound expensive but, I was quoted that this job would take 3 hours at $150AUD per hour… isawitplz
      Anonymous

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

So I’m going with the image here on the second page. It’s going to be on my upper right arm… (Biggest and best place for it…) Now this might sound expensive but, I was quoted that this job would take 3 hours at $150AUD per hour… isawitplz

Thats really not a bad rate, especially if the guy is pretty decent. Make sure to post some pics when you get done!

SnowQueen
      Awesome choice for a tattoo! Best of luck hope it doesn’t hurt to much!
      3 hours.That sounds like it’s a bit more complex than it looks.

Anyway,what’s the current U.S./Australian exchange rate? Just wondering what $150 Australian equates

in American dollars.

NinjaboyMMGN

mitsuki lover wrote:

3 hours.That sounds like it’s a bit more complex than it looks.

Anyway,what’s the current U.S./Australian exchange rate? Just wondering what $150 Australian equates

in American dollars.

The Exchange rate is about 0.92AUD = 1.02USD

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Good luck! Also, congrats on your strong national currency. Ours has been crap against most other developed countries for a long time now. Not that it’s entirely a bad thing mind you, it does mean our dollar dominates the exchange market and people buy our stuff more, but it sure does suck for our vacations! Lol.

Anyway, have fun with your new “arm candy” 😆 and be sure to show us how it turns out!

NinjaboyMMGN
      So I forgot to post this in here but, I have the tattoo booked for Wednesday the 20th of November.
      I do applaud your enthusiasm for such a permanent display of affection. You’re a much braver man than I. Personally I run into two problems:

First, I’d never be able to decide of a picture I’d want to use. There’s way to many good ones to choose from. Secondly, I don’t think I’d ever be able to commit to a tattoo. Not really my style.

Best of luck to you and as always

So now that it’s booked I guess there’s no looking back.Have fun. :D
      NinjaboyMMGN
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1456535_395403793923856_1279804608_n.jpg" />

Still not finished another 2 hours at least to go, but they won’t be done for about a month or 2

Anonymous
      That is an awesome tattoo man! It looks like they did a fantastic job with it so far as well, I would be proud.
      Very nice indeed.
      SnowQueen
      Awesome Tattoo! Wish I had enough guts to do something like that. Nice :)
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Awesome tat man!
      highgear56

SnowQueen wrote:

Awesome Tattoo! Wish I had enough guts to do something like that. Nice :)

This

amen to that.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Beyond awesome! Maddest of all mad props be bestowed upon you, sir, you can say you are a true fan (heck, “worshiper” wouldn’t be out of the question either, if you were so inclined). Ryoko is indeed pleased.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Ryokowink2.png" />

As are we all because you shared it with us! Way to be, Ninjaboy!

NinjaboyMMGN
      Getting the rest of the tattoo finished next week! Excited to get it finished!

Will be getting the hair Colored in, along with tons more shading and definition done to the body.

badass1

It’s be so long since your last update that I had thought everything was all said and done.

Well good luck on getting it all finished.

NinjaboyMMGN
      This Thursday I hopefully get it all finished off. Session is at 2pm AEST. Only problem I don’t get paid till like Thursday at 5pm, so I can just hope they let me pay after it’s done!

That aside what should I get next? I have some room above my elbow still, about 2 inches around then up the back side of my arm. Was thinking about getting Mihoshi laying down around that area.

Or I have my forearm which I was going to get Washu, Ayeka an Sasami done there.

I was going to say Ryo-ohki but then I saw she was already part of your current tat.I would vote for

getting Sasami and Ryo-ohki on the other arm.Twin Ryo-ohkis would be cool to have.

NinjaboyMMGN
      Ok so today I got the Hair/Eyes/Choker and Arm band colored in. It pretty much looks like my profile pic. Only we had to use a slightly darker blue that will get brighter when it’s heals up. So I’m gonna wait a day or 2 for it to heal before post a picture of it.

Will have to go back for one more sesh next month as We couldn’t get to the body tone/shading.

Nil Admirari
      none
      Augh, so close! Can’t wait to see the new progress pics though.
      ZERO-Ryoko
      That is one good looking tattoo! I can’t wait to see its progress.

so jealous. :)

NinjaboyMMGN
      YO, YO! Here’s an update of my tattoo, an how it currently looks like after about a week worth of Healing.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w612/Trent_Castle/2014-02-02162842_zpsce351ce6.jpg" />

One more session after this for shading and touch ups!

Nil Admirari
      none
      Oh man yeah, I love what they did with the shading on her hair. Lot different from how it looks on the show but really gives it that custom tattoo vibe.
      Yosho24
      soawesome1 That’s so awesome dude! I wish I had the cojones to get a tattoo like that. I’d love to walk around with a Ryoko tattoo. Kudos to you sir, you are a true fan.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Your artist did a great job! I can’t wait to see the final version :D

Wear that arm candy with pride man! badass1

Anonymous
      It’s looking awesome man, money well spent!
      Indeed.
      NinjaboyMMGN
      http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w612/Trent_Castle/2014-05-02222509_zps28607413.jpg" />

Hey guys so I got my tattoo finished off about a month ago, in this photo (Sorry about the quality.) I got some shadding done on the body and just a few touch ups done. Hope y’all like it.

Now onto the next tattoo. I’m thinking about getting Ayeka done next. Though this is the only Image I have found that I like –

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100201081459/tenchi/images/7/74/Ayeka2.jpg" />

thoughts? This will be on my forearm btw.

That should be an interesting contrast and it also looks like it’ll take a lot longer than the Ryoko one.
      NinjaboyMMGN
      https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10458709_773969055959869_4783261379334256233_n.jpg" />

Just seen this image. An Thought it’d be perfect for my next piece.

What do you guys think?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I think that’s a fantastic pic, Ninja! It’s a bit busy though… Would you be getting the whole thing done, or just the Ayeka and/or Sasami part?
      NinjaboyMMGN
      Only Ayeka and Sasami. I also had that same line of thought about it being too busy in the background. So before I send the image off I was gonna cut the background out.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

Only Ayeka and Sasami. I also had that same line of thought about it being too busy in the background. So before I send the image off I was gonna cut the background out.

Don’t forget Ryo-Ohki! I agree, it’s a very nice picture of the two sisters together.

If you go through with this, you know what will end up happening (well, apart from two sections of your body bickering for your attention)…you may ask yourself “what about a certain Galaxy Police officer?” and you may say to yourself “what about the greatest scientific genius in the universe?” and before you know it, Bob’s your uncle, you ARE the Masaki household!!! 😯

NinjaboyMMGN

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

If you go through with this, you know what will end up happening (well, apart from two sections of your body bickering for your attention)…you may ask yourself “what about a certain Galaxy Police officer?” and you may say to yourself “what about the greatest scientific genius in the universe?” and before you know it, Bob’s your uncle, you ARE the Masaki household!!! 😯

I do want to get all the main Tenchi ladies. I wanna get Mishoshi in something sexy though, Most likely a swimsuit or Or Battle outfit. Same with Kiyone.

But you must get her in a bikini that matches her teal hair.
Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.