podcast help for noobs

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat podcast help for noobs

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    well me and my old man tora thinking of using one of out youtube accounts for vs podcasts and the other one for vs animation. the 1st vs we thought of doing is macross vs space battle ship yamato. the problems we are having is how do we record our podcast, if there are any software what we need to use how do we find it and the side note on how do we upload it with how youtube/ google did their ownership stuff. before the googletube we knew how long each vid had to be for a basic account. he will be doing the animating ill be doing the editing etc. and if there are any tips feel free to comment and if this is in the wrong area again sorry for the misplacement. i think that should be my new phrase sorry for the misplacement. thanks for the help
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      Well if you have a basic unverified account, you can only upload to 15 minutes on youtube, but if you go through the steps to verify your account (they will show you how to do this) you can upload up to an hour and a half.

There are a number of programs you can use

Audacity is free, I personally use Adobe Audition, but Audacity is what a large majority of people use.

Good luck with your podcast!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ookamilord wrote:

i think that should be my new phrase sorry for the misplacement. thanks for the help

lol it’s all good.

Any advice from the man behind Tenchicasts is the way to go (ahem Dagon), so all I can do is reaffirm that if you’re just starting out, Audacity is the best way to go imo. As said, it’s totally free, good quality (for being free), and legit.

Pretty much any microphone will do (I use a logitech headset) as long as the recording space you’re in is quiet.

Animations with your cast sounds like a great way to make full use of youtube! And if they’re your animations, with your voices, you own it, all yours for Google Ad partnership if you make it big (if you throw in any music that’s not yours, that’d be a different story).

(iTunes is a whole different ballgame, so if you start a cast series and want to move it there…well, one bridge at a time.)

ookamilord
      Participant
      thanks well we did plan on since this is the first to have the yamato vs macross have the tv size opening from both like at the beginning play one opening and at the end play the closing for the animation part of it. we suck at voice acting so its just going to be sound effects and other non vocal stuff as much as possible as for the verified i dont know if our account are. then again our youtubes are pretty old well mine is my old mans is a little newer. i had mine since i found youtube i think around the pre teen age. all i remember after google and YouTube became one i had to log on using my email instead of my username which bites. i was 3 shades of red that day. thanks ill go ahead and get the software. as far as a quit area we have few my grandfather has a spare room that he uses as a storage room and i think Charlestons collage seized library has a recording area. sorry if some of the words are little butchured. dont have time to strip the laptop down to fix the keyboard and im not used to my usb keyboard being plugged into a laptop yet.
      ookamilord
      Participant
      well i was talking to the old man and we are needing to find a free movie maker editor thing and a voice changer just in case we want to voice act the two captains in the pilot episode. any ideas for the movie software and feel free to add other software. there are so many voice change software what to choose. we also have decided if the animations dont work out that we will just do pod casts of random stuff like 90’s cartoons from fox kids and kids wb as a example
      ookamilord
      Participant
      well the old man gave me a list and so far i have 2 things i found on the list all thats missing is the vt pilot space uniform, the engergy beams that both the yamato and the sdf1 uses, and the mini beams/bullets they showed in the space fights so far thats all we have left to get. i have the sound effects they might sound a little gundam wing ish because of the site i found them in but they are a good quality. i also found the veratchs. that was the easiest to find surprisingly. so does anyone have any ideas on how to find the fighter suits. i even found the super vt and the other mech from macross. the flightsuit is the only thing that is giving me a on the macross part. i hope my old man has better luck finding the suits and the energy beams models. who knows maybe im wording it wrong in the search engine.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.