Psycho Pass DVD

Forums Off Topic Buy/Sell/Trade Psycho Pass DVD

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      WisperG
      That box is totally fake, and that website is super fishy. There’s no mention of FUNimation anywhere on that listing, but the biggest giveaways are the fact that it’s listed as only Japanese language with subtitles and is region free. The region especially. Big red flag there. FUNimation is a North American distributor, and therefore doesn’t do region-free releases. They also dubbed it. There’s no way they’d put out a popular show like Psycho Pass sub-only.

I assume you want the official US release? There is no DVD-only set. The Part 1 and Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD combo packs as well as the premium collectors box set are the only releases FUNi has put out of this show. Amazon currently has each part for ~$32 each (which is %50 off MSRP). You won’t find it much cheaper than that.

Just some friendly advice. I would not recommend searching for random websites until you find an believably low price like this, because it’s probably too good to be true. If you feel the need to ask if something is legit or not, then it probably isn’t. When shopping for anime online check Amazon, check Rightstuf, maybe check retail chain websites (Best Buy, Hastings, FYE, etc.), but there really aren’t a lot of legit internet retailers that stock anime beyond that scope. 9 times out of 10 Righstuf (during sales, at least) and Amazon have the cheapest prices for legit anime releases… anywhere, really. You’d be hard-pressed to find better deals elsewhere outside of coupons and big sales.

If you do worry you’ve stumbled across a potential bootleg though, and don’t have someone to ask, the easiest fix would be to simply hop on Amazon or Righstuf, or even FUNimation’s own website, and search for it. You can check what the legit releases look like and their specifications. If it isn’t the same, then it’s obviously fake.

That was probably a lot to process, but I hope this info helps!

Disco Steve
      Participant
      A beautiful reply. Thank you!

I was quite sure it wasn’t the US release. I think there is also a UK and Australian release, and I wasn’t sure how other international distributors worked, but you cleared that up for me.

Since it’s one of my favorite animes, I suppose I’ll have to bite the bullet, so to speak, and get the painfully priced blurays. tenchiahhhhhh

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.