Question About Airi and Minaho

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Question About Airi and Minaho

• This topic is empty.
    I’ve been reading and writing up my reviews for the three Shin Tenchi novels and realized that the translations do not mention anything about Airi meeting back up with Yosho after Kasumi died and Minaho’s earlier secret birth.

Where did all of this take place? Is it in the untranslated parts of Jurai or is it another piece of media?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

drillmaster wrote:

I’ve been reading and writing up my reviews for the three Shin Tenchi novels and realized that the translations do not mention anything about Airi meeting back up with Yosho after Kasumi died and Minaho’s earlier secret birth.

Where did all of this take place? Is it in the untranslated parts of Jurai or is it another piece of media?

The translations on the forum are only summaries, details can get left out. A picture of a young Minaho is in here

Shin Tenchi Muyo: Yosho

https://tenchiforum.com/read/novels/shin-tenchi-muyo-yosho/” class=”bbcode_url”>https://tenchiforum.com/read/novels/shin-tenchi-muyo-yosho/

There has been no full translation, I think they are also elaborated in the doujins and GXP novels as well.

drillmaster
      Ah, so that IS Minaho in that picture. So odds are, the reconnection between Yosho and Airi did take place in the Yosho novel, which makes sense but I wasn’t completely sure. We still don’t know as a fact, but I’m going to go out on a limb and assume it.

It’s hard trying to sort through all of the various summaries and translations out there. Thanks Ukinojo92.

susano
      In Astronerdboy’s blog, there is a timeline. The timeline is not fully reliaible since it was created by a fan. On the timeline, Yosho had decided to contact his old Academy friend Kanemitsu Hirata. The year mention in the timeline was 1414. After he had contacted his old friend, Yosho hsd learn that he was the father of Airi’s daughter Minaho.

It is more likely that Yosho had learn about being Minaho’s father before the year 1414. Airi’s family was likely puzzled over the fact that she had given birth to a daughter. Airi’s family may have assumed that Airi had convinced a male friend to be a sperm donor, in order for her to have a child. Airi had change her surname from Magma to Masaki after she had defected to the Galaxy Academy.

Yosho who has changed his name to Katsuhito had married Airi through the act of common law. Yosho’s marriage to Airi is only known to a few close trusted people. According to Tenchi Wikia if the Airai had learn about Yosho’s marriage to Yosho, it will be a political power keg between Jurai and the Airai. An ideal of mine for OVA 4 is focus on some of the Airai learning about Yosho’s and Airi’s marriage. I do speculate that most of the Airai will never care if Yosho and Airi were married. With the help of the Seniwan Empire, Jurai and the Airai began to use diplomacy to improve relations between them sometime after Airi’s defection to the Galaxy Academy. .

There are members of the Airai who will be very upset over Airi and Yosho being married. The Airai religion is the most popular religion in the galaxy. Like all religions, the Airai have a lot of fundementalists.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Please use info backed by facts

Found the part where Airi tells Yosho he has a daughter in the Shin Yosho Novel:

「あなたの娘の水穂《みなほ》です!」

Google translate

“It’s Mizuho” Minaho “of your daughter!”

Cleaned up

“Minaho is your daughter!”

Two things:

One- Minaho is spell in Kanji 水穂 but it also means Mizuho, hence 《みなほ》= Minaho

Two- the place where I took this line was a conversation between Yosho, Airi and Minaho, at the end of the novel just before the afterword.

I did not read the entire novel or the whole part, but I guess that means Yosho did not know Minaho existed until the end of the novel.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.