Question About Mecab

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Translation Zone Question About Mecab

• This topic is empty.
    Im new to translating, and Im installing mecab, but I dont know which to select (Shift-Jis, UTF-8, UTF-16, EUC-JP) can someone please tell me?
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      UTF-8
      Anonymous
      Thx
      ChaudSept
      Hello Jonat. Tenchismile

I use Mecab within the little soft Translator Aggregator, and I don’t remember if I configured it on his own when I installed it.

But

ScumSuckingPig wrote:

MeCab is a free program that separates words and gives their pronunciation and part of speech. I use it to get the information needed to parse words and display furigana. If you have MeCab installed but I report I’m having trouble initializing it, you can try copying libmecab.dll to the same directory as this program. Do not install MeCab using a UTF16 dictionary, as I have no idea how to talk to it (UTF16 strings don’t seem to work). Instead, configure MeCab to use UTF8, Shift-JIS, or EUC-JP. If you have both MeCab and edict/edict2 installed, you can view a word’s translation in MeCab by hovering the mouse over it. Also, JParser can use MeCab to help in parsing sentences.

And to back up the statement https://amaenboda.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/an-aero-gamers-guide-to-using-atlas/4/#Mecab

So everything but the 16 one.

Are your future translations Tenchi related ?

Anonymous
      Ya I”ve been a fan of the anime series for awhile. So when I found out there were light novel I wanted to read them. Problem was there all In Japenese, and I dont read japenese. Which is why I wanted to find a way to translate them. Then maybe share my translations online. They wont be perfect since Im new at this. But im sure I can at least make them readable.
      ChaudSept
      I came here a few months ago and I’ve been interest in translation too. So just like you I’m new in it. If you have other questions about the translation process, I’m pretty sure you can find answers here.

In case you don’t know, the translation team of this forum released last year, for the first time, a full english translation of the first novel of Hasegawa.

You can download it here, at the end of the page https://tenchiforum.com/read/novels/hasegawa01/

Feel free to share what you do. Because I did.

jgzinv
      Yeah I’m more like grandfather time, and Chaud’s more the energetic youngin’ doing all the work now lol.

Nil and Crazed did the one novel and Crazed helped a lot with doujins and some manga we worked on together.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.