Questions for Voice Actors

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Tenchicast! The Tenchi Muyo Podcast. Questions for Voice Actors

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Which of the cast is your favourite Tenchi Muyo voice actor/tress and why? Also, if you met them at a convention, what are questions you would ask them?

Please, well thought-out responses. No one-sentence replies :) Thank you.

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Replies
      Lighthawk93
      Petrea Burchard without question. I would probabley ask how the role of ryoko was offered to her and why did she decide to take it.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      My first choice would totally be Petrea! After that it would be Sherry Lynn (aka Kiyone, Sasami, Tsunami) and my questions would mainly be about the process of dubbing the show; what it was like on the set and how the cast related with each other.
      But always remember to be polite.
      Thorn
      I think I’m gonna have to go with K.T Vogt as my first choice. I just love her zany portrayal of Washu and the subtle difference in her performance between the OVA, Universe, and Tokyo. If I could ask her anything, I’d probably ask what interested her about the project and if she has any favorite moments from recording that stand out. Alas, as she seems to have fallen off the radar, it’s unlikely that I’ll get to ask.
      Lighthawk93
      I would also ask the same question to the voice actor of tenchi, forget his name
      Thorn
      Mr. Matt K. Miller! :D
      Lighthawk93
      Thank you! Also, has anyone noticed the voices of the characters would change in the middle of the series? Not talking about replacement voices, those are too obvious
      Thorn
      That’s kind of what I alluded to with Washu so I’ll use her as the example. In the OVA she had the same timbre and general sound to her voice, but it was a more subdued quality (fitting of her more pensive character) than in Universe and Tokyo where she’s more zany.
      I would love to ask Yokoyama Chisa about Sasami and if she is as good a cook as Sasami.

Also if playing Sasami made it easier to relate to Iris when she was playing Sakura in Sakura Wars.

Lighthawk93
      I’d like to know how the guy who voiced kagato preped for his role
      Actually I think an interesting question would be what their favorite Tenchi character is other than the one that they play.
      GregTheLion
      I’d timidly go up to Petrea Burchard (my idol) :Tenchismile:

I’d ask her a few things about being Ryoko, as well as other roles she played in films and TV shows like her role as ‘Opening girl’ in Death Becomes Her.

Lighthawk93
      i wish i could talk to the guy who voiced yosho, god rest his soul
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I assume that you mean Takeshi Aono. Yeah, he was a fantastic voice actor! He was the voice of so many classic characters in anime, including one of my favorite characters in my beloved series “Space Battleship Yamato”! As for the English VA, the first one sort of dropped off the map IIRC… :?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

I assume that you mean Takeshi Aono.

Well, Bob Papenbrook’s gone, too. 😥

Quote:

As for the English VA, the first one sort of dropped off the map IIRC… :?

Last I knew (yeeaarrs ago), Jay Hopper was in Seattle.

Lighthawk93
      I really liked yosho’s first voice, the others didn’t really work out so well to me
      Anonymous

Lighthawk93 wrote:

I really liked yosho’s first voice, the others didn’t really work out so well to me

I liked and still respect Bob Pappenbrook as a Voice Actor, but his Nobu/Yosho combo couldn’t even come close to Jay Hopper’s, that mostly stems from the fact he didn’t differentiate the two, even when Jay Hopper was doing them both in OVA1, they were still different enough you could associate 2 voices with 2 characters. One scene in OVA3 distinctly from an overhead angle, they are both talking, and you really don’t know who’s talking.

But lets keep the thread related to actual “questions” you would ask please

Since a lot of questions seem to be aimed at Petrea Burchard,I think one question might be if she

enjoys Ryoko’s notoriety and if she has done any other characters that come close to Ryoko in popularity and notoriety.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Since a lot of questions seem to be aimed at Petrea Burchard,I think one question might be if she

enjoys Ryoko’s notoriety and if she has done any other characters that come close to Ryoko in popularity and notoriety.

I’m fairly certain the Ryoko was her ONLY real role in animation, or even film and TV as well. I know that she’s done some voices in commercials and background characters in tv shows, but that’s about it as far as I know.

WisperG
      She also had a role in Serial Experiments Lain, but that and Tenchi are indeed her only animation roles (that I’m aware of).
      Lighthawk93
      Did anyone else know she was in How I Met Your Mother?
      Nope,I was unaware she was in LAIN which is my #5 favorite anime following the entire Crest/Banner of the Stars Saga.
      Ballsmagee01

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Did anyone else know she was in How I Met Your Mother?

whitch episode?

bkev
      She’s in the Britney Spears episode. I saw it in syndicated reruns and said to myself, “finally! I got to see this!” haha.

The name of the episode is “Everything Must Go.”

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Please, back to the topic of this thread which is questions for the voice actors, should you meet them. I encourage you to watch the episode of How I Met Your Mother Petrea is in, and if you know what she looks like it should be obvious who she is. If I remember correctly, it’s a quick scene.

Henceforth, please do not spam this topic with off-topicness. Anything off-topic may be deleted.

I still want to know if Yokoyama Chisa is as good a cook as Sasami,or does her husband do the cooking or

do they go out or eat take out a lot?

Lighthawk93
      Definatley how did they find the perfect voice for their character or characters
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      If ever the question found its way to K.T. Vogt, I’m curious:

Do you have two little “A” & “B” ego-boosters that you can summon from your shoulders on command?!

p.s. Petrea on HIMYM: Season 3, Episode 19 “Everything Must Go” (pretty sure)

sorry Mitts! M’kay serious I’ll stay on topic now :D

For all of them(Japanese and American and Canadian):Are there are any goofs or flubs you made during the

production that looking back seem hilarious now,but at the time you made them you just wanted to crawl

away into a corner some where and die?

Anonymous
      This thread has been re-christened as the

OFFICIAL TENCHICAST INTERVIEW ADVENTURES question thread,

So here are the guidelines

Whenever an interview comes up and you’d like to submit a question, put this at the beginning of your post

Example

For MATT MILLER

Question”

*Please do note, that all questions are screened beforehand, not all questions will make it in, thank you for understanding.

NinjaboyMMGN
      Question for Mat Miller – How did you get the role for Tenchi? How was it working on the Show? What were the other Voice Actors like?

Take your pick of Questions. icon_gendo

WisperG
      For Matt Miller

What was it like returning to the role of Tenchi for OVA3 after several years and was it hard to “get back in the groove?”

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Questions I would ask Matt are…. What is your favorite Tenchi season/series and why? (i.e. OVA, Universe, Tokyo, movies…) or if he had a favorite episode.

And then also “If there was one thing you could say to all the Tenchi fans, what would it be?”

Those are the only ones I can think of so far.

Crazed
      none
      For Matt Miller

Why do you think Tenchi still lives on to this day? As long as Tenchi has a future would you still be a part of it and voice Tenchi?

jgzinv
      For Matt Miller:

Would you be interested in doing more Tenchi in the future?

Did you ever get to meet the other VAs, like Petrea, or what did you think of their performances.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      For Matt Miller:

What are you up to nowadays? How did voice acting (as Tenchi) affect you/your other acting endeavors (if at all)?

EDIT: 1. via member thiefalos (who hasn’t gotten around to it, apparently): “which girl do you think Tenchi would/should choose???” (goin for the jugular there lol)

2. (via me): How’d the whole Homer Simpson-esque “Doh!” come about? (because those of us as Tenchi fans think Tenchi before Simpsons whenever we hear it).

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.