Quick & Random Tenchi-Related Questions

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Quick & Random Tenchi-Related Questions

• This topic is empty.
    none
    The title of this thread implies if you have a random question involving something to do with a Tenchi series–however small, however seemingly insignificant (a minor plot point, or an unanswered continuity question)–if you’d like to group them together in one place for easier access, here’s a place to do it!

Here’s my ‘random’ question that I’ve had in the back of my mind for a long time, but due to it being a fairly minor narrative detail, I didn’t do any following up on it or searching for any ‘official’ explanation and just answered it for myself* and continued the series.

Anyways, here it is: In ova, Tenchi’s pet cat: is the cat Ryoko? Has the cat always been Ryoko? (i.e. a projection of herself in some manner) the former question, based on the rooftop sequence just before Ryoko’s first legendary lines of self-introduction, in my opinion would be ‘yes’ seeing as how cats don’t usually fade through people and disappear. Any other thoughts? Or any other questions, post at your own discretion.

*funny how with the internet nowadays, the meanings and interpretations of certain songs, films and tv shows have lost a certain element of mystery to them, haven’t they? I mean, you type in a song title in google, and auto-fill immediately reveals how many people just listen to a song and then go straight to google/yahoo/internet peoplez to tell them the meaning to [insert song/movie title] which irks me because it’s art, you’re supposed to have your own opinion based on your unique life experie–sorry, I’m ranting again.

Viewing 86 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      The cat died. Ryo-Ohki merged with it’s spirit or some such.

I suppose you could say Ryoko summoned it on the rooftop.

It’s been a oft brought up subject for some reason.

AstroNerdBoy
      Har! The nice thing about being in the middle of reworking FAQ 3.0 is having some of this information fresh.

What was the deal with the Tenchi’s cat in episode 1? Why was it on the roof of Tenchi’s school and why did it disappear?

This was covered in 101 Secrets in question 85 which I’ll reprint here:

[highlight=#ffff00]It was used as a prototype of Ryo-ohki.

More details:

A cat called Chibi appeared in ep.1 but was never seen again. It was used by Ryo-ohki. More ]precisely it was assimilated into Ryo-oh-ki. Therefore. Ryo-oh-ki is Chibi and Chibi is Ryo-oh-ki at the same time. Tenchi found Chibi on the first day of his summer holiday (ie, just before ep.1 starts), lying near the steps and nearly dead. He took care of it, which recovered by the time ep.1 started. But it was Ryoko in her astral body who really saved Chibi. She felt so sorry for Tenchi that she used her energy to keep it alive. When Ryoko eventually revived completely, she had to withdraw her energy from Chibi and allow it to die. She did her best by assimilating it into the second generation Ryo-oh-ki. Tenchi, having seen Ryoko holding Chibi’s bell in her hand (ep.1), may think Chibi was Ryoko herself.[/highlight]

If you’ve seen the Pioneer version, you may not have even known the cat had a name. But in the Japanese, when Tenchi sees the cat on the roof, he clearly calls it by name, Chibi. BTW, “chibi” means small or tiny. Anyway, based on this answer, we now know why Ryo-ohki looks like a half-cat half rabbit combination.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Yeah,I was wondering about that,so anyone reposting said question:

Just wondering but did anyone notice at the end of episode 1 of the first OVA the damage that

Ryoko and Tenchi did to the school?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yeah,I was wondering about that,so anyone reposting said question:

Just wondering but did anyone notice at the end of episode 1 of the first OVA the damage that

Ryoko and Tenchi did to the school?

You mean how they blew it halfway up? 😆 Indeed, it appeared extensive (as did the Seto bridge being sliced in two). But in order to perservere the momentum of the plot, these details were largely overlooked, & for the better imo (I don’t want to hear in extensive detail how the Seto bridge being destroyed affected Japanese economy within the context of the show, nor do I need to; a quick news cap the following morning suffices).

On that note (since ova3 has been a while for me) didn’t they reference the fact that the school had undergone massive damage in ova3? Can’t remember atm.

P.S. our sincerest apologies lighthawk and ML for deleting previous thread, we had intended to merge the two in order to keep things organized. Don’t let it discourage you from posting your own topics in the future, but as Mitts said, try to see if there isn’t one already started. 😉

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

On that note (since ova3 has been a while for me) didn’t they reference the fact that the school had undergone massive damage in ova3? Can’t remember atm.

Yes, indeedy. :Tenchismile:

Kiyoka

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Anyway, based on this answer, we now know why Ryo-ohki looks like a half-cat half rabbit combination.

Then what did Ryo Ohki look like before? =O!

btw I had no idea thats why Ryo Ohki looked like that cat! :WUTH:

Lighthawk93
      Why did ryoko look the way she did in episode 1 of the OVA series?
      jgzinv
      It was a stasis/prison… if memory serves she was pretty much “dehydrated” from her energy and outside sources after Yosho took her last gem.

She could float around after a very long time in her astral form because she collected a little energy, but not do anything else. Tenchi had to break the seal.

Yugi12
      Let’s just say that Ryoko wasn’t wearing her make-up that day when Tenchi met her in the cave. 😆
      Lighthawk93
      interesting. So what was up with ryoko having tendrils in episode 1 along with the mask? Also, how did she becomethe ryoko we see now?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Deep OVA lore isn’t my specialty, but I believe that those “tendrils” that she was wrapped in were actually the roots of Yosho’s Juraian tree, Funaho. Yosho and Funaho had decided to imprison Ryoko rather than kill her after they chased her to Earth and defeated her 700 years ago. Funaho was keeping Ryoko alive, but just barely as we can see by the fact that she is all skeletal. As for the mask, I really don’t know what the deal with that is, as we don’t see it on her in any of the flashbacks to when she was Kagato’s slave. As for her present form, it appears that she has always appeared this way (except for some small sagging issues apparantly 😆 ) because both Washu and Ayeka recognized her after 1000 and 700 years respectively, and that is the form we see her in when she attacked Jurai and battled Yosho on Earth.
      Lighthawk93
      So Funaho had nothing to do with ryoko rejuvinating? I really liked the mask she had, especially on the first ova boxt set where ryoko is taking it off
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

As for the mask, I really don’t know what the deal with that is, as we don’t see it on her in any of the flashbacks to when she was Kagato’s slave.

A little knowledge…

can be more than you asked for. 😉

Is that then because in the original OVA Ryoko is seen as a demon?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Is that then because in the original OVA Ryoko is seen as a demon?

I believe so. In many other, subtle ways, we see–particularly in the ova series–a meshing of the ancient religious and spiritual elements of Japanese culture with fantastic, alien/sci-fi elements that constitutes the backbone of the premise. In my rediscovering of Tenchi Muyo! more recently, I’ve found Kajishima’s strategy of utilizing history, legend, religion and culture in his work fascinating, and applaud his brilliance at being able to pull it off so well to create a masterpiece of fiction I’ll remember my whole life.

(I think it’s a cool idea. It’s like the ‘Ancient Aliens’ concept before the wacky, conspiracist-nurturing program on History Channel existed) 🙄

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/848/ancient-aliens.jpg" />

Lighthawk93
      ^Lol. Btw how did Kagato outsmart Washu?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’ve always assumed that Kagato, being the conniving genius that he is, just got the jump on her when she wasn’t expecting it. I would LOVE to see this period in the timeline animated. We’d get to see young Yosho on Jurai, the creation of Ryoko, HER RAID ON JURAI!!!! It would be epic.
      Lighthawk93
      i second that
      If memory serves me aright,there is a sequence that shows Ryoko attacking Jurai in the movie

Tenchi Forever.In fact that movie does show a younger Yosho in a couple of sequences.

Unless someone decides to do a Washu Ova that might be the closest we get to that period of time.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      The Tenchi Forever movie was part of the Tenchi Universe timeline, not the OVA timeline, which does not have Ryoko raiding Juraii. You’re probably thinking of the flashback in the first OVA (can’t remember what episode) of Ryoko’s attack on Juraii. That and Sasami’s flashback in OVA 2 are all we ever see of the raid itself. As to a Washu OVA, that would be awesome, especially if it would be an animation of the Washu, Yosho, and Jurai novels by Kajishima.
      Lighthawk93
      Episode 3 of the ova Chuck. I would really like to see some episodes where they explain certain events such as washu’s imprisoment and how yosho trapped ryoko in the cave
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Episode 3 of the ova Chuck. I would really like to see some episodes where they explain certain events such as washu’s imprisoment and how yosho trapped ryoko in the cave

I like TLF’s explanation for how Kagato wound up with Washu (like, “with” Washu in their version) & likely how he trapped her. He didn’t outsmart her, he used his sex appeal 😯 😆

But back on topic, those would be interesting as well, Lighthawk93. But with works of fiction, there’s always going to be some things left to the imagination (plus sometimes it’s more convenient for the author)

Also, special thanks ANB for the thorough answer to my original question. Not that I’m unsatisfied with the response, but just for entertainment’s sake: if that’s where the cat part of Ryo-Ohki being a cabbit came from, then where doth the rabbit part come from?

Lighthawk93
      Anyone else curious as how ryoko knew where tenchi went to school and how she knew where he lived?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Lighthawk93 wrote:

how yosho trapped ryoko in the cave

As shown in flashback, he used the sword to extract the gems from her, leaving her quite powerless for the moment.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Anyone else curious as how ryoko knew where tenchi went to school and how she knew where he lived?

Good point. In those instances, I would say she followed him around & observed his routine during the 17 odd years he’s been alive prior to Ryoko being released. & by “followed” I mean using her astral projection, which we see alluded to in a flashback in ep 5 (ova)

(Good “random” questions) :D

Lighthawk93
      ^ I was thinking the same thing, but it was never stated how, tenchi didn’t even question how ryoko knew his name as if somehow he knew that she knew his name. Well, Noboyuki, how was she not able to get out? was it because Funaho used its roots to bind her or something?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

^ I was thinking the same thing, but it was never stated how, tenchi didn’t even question how ryoko knew his name as if somehow he knew that she knew his name. Well, Noboyuki, how was she not able to get out? was it because Funaho used its roots to bind her or something?

Yeah, well I’m sure Tenchi at some point wondered “How did she know my name?” but all things considered, he was dealing with a whole mess of other stressful details and mental strains to sort through at the time (why is there a demon chasing me? How will I get out of this alive? Why is the demon sexy? Am I secretly enjoying this? etc.) 😆

For the latter, think JG gave a great answer:

JGZinv wrote:

It was a stasis/prison… if memory serves she was pretty much “dehydrated” from her energy and outside sources after Yosho took her last gem.

She could float around after a very long time in her astral form because she collected a little energy, but not do anything else. Tenchi had to break the seal.

I think the short answer here is she wasn’t kept at bay primarily by being physically contained as much as it was the fact Yosho somehow–whether it was entirely by removing the three gems or not, but likely imo–drained her of her strength/energy/life. Being imprisoned by the seal, she literally didn’t have the strength to free herself.

However, as mentioned, she had been slowly collecting energy during this time (700 years, not much else to do) and forming her own “pseudo-gems” to replace the ones she had lost (these of course were imperfect imitations, but powerful nonetheless). Thus, by the time Tenchi freed her, she had collected a substantial amount of energy to regain her former strength (& youthful apperance) it’s just that she needed someone to let her out. *cue Tenchi’s entrance, stage right

Again hits on the combining of sci-fi, fantasy and religious/spiritual elements (as seen in Tenchi In Love for example, Washu’s device gaining power from holy places) in a captivating way. How was Ryoko sealed away? Yes, by Yosho, Funaho, the gems & the master key…but did those Buddhist writings and seals have anything at all to do with it??? …

Lighthawk93
      I do remember the writings, in some shows that was a spell to keep demons away or to imprision them. Also, how did tenchi get the keys from his grandpa or were they given to him?
      jgzinv
      It was also said somewhere in there that Ryoko couldn’t leave in her astral form to move away from the cave. She was very constrained.

As to school… we Tenchi often felt comfortable by the cave, in the flashbacks Ryoko has later of her watching over him, he has a school uniform and bag. Pretty easy to assume he came there and did homework, reflected, cried mommy, etc.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Expert advice. :Cheeks:

Quote:

Also, how did tenchi get the keys from his grandpa or were they given to him?

Yes.

Lighthawk93
      Yes to what?
      WisperG

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Yes to what?

You only asked one yes or no question in there 😉

They were given to him.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

WisperG wrote:

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Yes to what?

You only asked one yes or no question in there 😉

They were given to him.

I suspected as much, though personally I always read from that particular scene that Tenchi thought he got the one-up on his grandpa and stole (or, ‘borrowed’) the keys.

When I first watched it, I thought Tenchi really pulled one over on the old man. But in hindsight, speculating on my end, I think Yosho knew Tenchi had obtained the keys, and seeing as how he was becoming an adult, decided to let him make his own decisions and mistakes (though it depends whom you ask if releasing Ryoko was truly a mistake other than it being unintentional on Tenchi’s part) and deal with the ensuing consequences.

That leads to me to ask,do you think that Yosho might have known that Aeka and Sasami were on their way or might have been secretly informed that they were on their way from say…his mother and the whole thing might have been a set up in order to get Aeka and Tenchi together all along?

Or is that plain stupid to think episode 2 of the OVA was simply a set up to get them together?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

That leads to me to ask,do you think that Yosho might have known that Aeka and Sasami were on their way or might have been secretly informed that they were on their way from say…his mother and the whole thing might have been a set up in order to get Aeka and Tenchi together all along?

Or is that plain stupid to think episode 2 of the OVA was simply a set up to get them together?

Very astute observation, and let me start off by saying ‘no’ I don’t think it’s a stupid question at all. I think it’s definitely hinted at in Episode 2 that Gramps is playing matchmaker a bit (he leaves the two of them to be alone…in the woods…hint hint) and Yosho’s intentions seem much more evident in episode five when he very plainly states something to the effect of ‘you two would be great together’ clasps their hands together and everything (then of course, does the same thing essentially with Ryoko and Mihoshi…that we know of, at least) 😆

Before you brought forth this question, ML, I would think Ayeka and Sasami arriving on Earth when they did (or at all, for that matter) was merely the result of Ryoko being awakened, Funaho sending signals into space which Ryu-oh then picked up, and Ayeka followed up on Yosho’s trail…(we know the rest). So I thought no knowledge beforehand on Yosho’s–or anyone’s–part.

However I personally find it interesting to speculate on such matters after seeing the fulfillment of Kajishima’s vision for the Tenchi narrative via ova3. With the introduction of Lady Seto, and the big reveal that she’s been searching for a suitable match for Tenchi, it’s not illogical or a great leap of faith in my mind to think Yosho’s mother might not try the same tactic (Azusa clearly tried the same thing as well, albeit for Ayeka) as it seems typical for royal types to want to monitor and control the bloodlines very meticulously.

& we do know Yosho’s good at keeping secrets…as revealed by the apparent ‘true’ nature of Tenchi’s mother Kiyone (ova).

I’m just being speculative, of course, and I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with asking these sorts of questions (especially, for some of us, having our world turned upside down our first time watching ova3).

Nobuyuki
      Participant

who’dat? wrote:

Episode 2

“Three, sir.” 😉

Lighthawk93
      I wonder if yosho planned for tenchi to have a harem all along
      Lighthawk93
      That’s because his dad wants in on the action 😆
      Nobuyuki(not OUR Nobuyuki though 😆 )is a letch which is why he’d want in on the action.
      Lighthawk93
      Well, his wife did die when tenchi was little, so he did get rather lonely
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Nobuyuki(not OUR Nobuyuki though 😆 )is a letch which is why he’d want in on the action.

hurrplz

Lighthawk93
      LOL

So how is zero related to ryoko? I remember where washu said” I couldn’t controll the mind of a complete unit, so ryoko is going into one body”. She also said that zero was a complete copy. Then again zero was dr.clay’s creation. Anyone else find this confusing?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

The trope of the dad/middle-aged man gawking over younger girls is one of those things that just wouldn’t and shouldn’t be considered funny in real life, but in anime it’s hilarious.

At least Nobuyuki’s pretty tame, imo, as far as anime standards go…

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/kimara.jpg" />

😆

Lighthawk93 wrote:

LOL

So how is zero related to ryoko? I remember where washu said” I couldn’t controll the mind of a complete unit, so ryoko is going into one body”. She also said that zero was a complete copy. Then again zero was dr.clay’s creation. Anyone else find this confusing?

I will say I found it confusing the first time or two I watched ova2. Definitely crosses all kinds of philosophical lines and sci-fi tropes if you have a robot that has the ability to completely copy your likeness–appearance, vocal pattern, memories and emotions–onto itself. How does that make Zero Ryoko different from Ryoko? Or rather, more specifically, if Zero now has Ryoko’s feelings, what makes ‘original’ Ryoko’s right to exist more legitimate than ‘hers’? I think Washu, being a brilliant mind yet ethical and very compassionate, simply eliminated this variable in the equation by merging the two Ryoko’s (which are both essentially Ryoko: Ryoko+Ryoko=Ryoko, right?) into one being.

Lighthawk93
      That and the thing with the gems confused me alot.
      Lighthawk93
      Some things in this show just have the most dificult time trying to be explained, for example the gems were there, but dr clay didn;t know if they existed or not. That didn’t make sense to me at all
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Some things in this show just have the most dificult time trying to be explained, for example the gems were there, but dr clay didn;t know if they existed or not. That didn’t make sense to me at all

That’s no lie, being a dedicated fan of Tenchi definitely requires homework, and there’s NO WAY anyone would get these kinds of details their first run through.

I think Dr. Clay knew the gems existed, much like he seemed certain that Lady Tokimi existed; it’s just he (& Zero) didn’t know exactly how, meaning he couldn’t fully comprehend it. This was, I believe, done in ova 2 largely for foreshadowing purposes with regards to Tokimi’s (& eventually Tsunami/Sasami’s and Washu’s) identity.

Being Chousin “goddesses” the three sisters exist outside of the limitations of time and space within our universe (i.e. they were created/born before our universe). As such, trying to compute their existence purely in mathematical terms (as Zero attempted) is ultimately fruitless, because not only are they beyond our scope of knowledge, but the “vocabulary” and concepts of mathematics are insufficient to describe or define them. Probably like trying to ascertain the colors of a rainbow if you and everyone else you know can (and always have been able to) only see in black and white.

I think the point being driven home by this is there are things beyond us, beyond our very limited understanding of the world/universe in any field, science, philosophy, religion, etc. (not that we necessarily shouldn’t try to understand all we can).

“Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then, what deafness may we not all possess? What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us?”

Lighthawk93
      Masaki knew how to mind@#$% an audiance very well, didn’t he
      In vol.5 ‘Point And Shoot’of the New Tenchi Moyu manga,chapter 2 ‘School Daze’ it’s revealed that

one of the girls a few grades ahead of Sasami in school is actually a Juraian secret agent sent to watch over and protect Sasami.

My question is,are there any other Juraian agents that have been revealed in either the manga or

anime?

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

My question is,are there any other Juraian agents that have been revealed in either the manga or anime?

Mihoshi’s supervisor is a Jurian spy reporting to Seto.

Lighthawk93
      How was tenchi able to generate lighthawk wings?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

How was tenchi able to generate lighthawk wings?

Well…even the great Washuuuu was trying to figure that out 😉

It’s answered in ova3. Have you seen it yet? (okay, well even if you have, it still was probably as clear as mud) At any rate, the answer is:

**SERIOUS SPOILER ALERT AHEAD!**

Tenchi is GOD! 😯

& I’m not joking

http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Kami_Tenchi” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Kami_Tenchi

p.s. for the safety and well-being of our forum members, please let either myself or a fellow board member know beforehand if you intend to watch ova3 for the first time. There’s some, err, ‘things’ you might want to be made aware of.

Lighthawk93
      I remember the god part, it’s just how is he a god? Would that make Z one as well? What about yosho and his apparent ability to generate one lighthawk wing?( Last one I have heard it is and that it isn’t)
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Lighthawk93 wrote:

What about yosho and his apparent ability to generate one lighthawk wing?( Last one I have heard it is and that it isn’t)

He still has his tree, y’know.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

I remember the god part, it’s just how is he a god? Would that make Z one as well? What about yosho and his apparent ability to generate one lighthawk wing?( Last one I have heard it is and that it isn’t)

‘How’ is he a god? Good question, because even the Chousin (who seem to have a grasp on everything else in the universe) don’t really know. One might be inclined to think it’s his ability to create lighthawk wings on his own *(as opposed to, as Nobuyuki mentioned, being merged with a Jurain Royal Tree) but apparently this is not the case. As you are aware, Z can self-generate lighthawk wings as well (two more than Tenchi!) yet he’s not “God” or a “god” but Tokimi says that he’s close but just doesn’t quite fit the bill. Z’s existence emerged through Tokimi’s “randomness of the universe” approach to discover “God” but he didn’t quite measure up. (I interpret this as it was Tenchi’s desinty to be Kami, and it’s not something you can attain…Buddhist implication there? meh I’m just thinking out loud)

*Yosho’s ability stems from this fact and is also largely interconnected with him being of the Royal Family. Most (if not all) Jurain Nobility are joined with a tree that is a descendant of Tsunami herself, which is where lighthawk wings more-or-less come from. All her “offspring” (the trees) have this ability, though it weakens with each successive generation (thus 2nd gen trees are more powerful than 3rd or 4th) and the trees join with Jurain nobility because Tsunami acts as a Matriarch to the Jurain people, because she knew from their line, Tenchi–aka the “God” they cannot comprehend–would eventually be born.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

As you are aware, Z can self-generate lighthawk wings as well (two more than Tenchi!)

At first.

Tenchi’s been getting stronger as the series goes on, to-wit episode 20:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/Six_zps13553ee3.png" />

Lighthawk93
      Ther whole show is a giant question
      Lighthawk93
      Ok, then how is Kenshi able to gnerate lighthawkwings too? Also, is he from Geminar, I’m confused?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

ryokrazy? wrote:

and thats why I enjoyed the show more when there are no bad guys and nothing is really going on.

OVA 3 in a nutshell? 😉

Lighthawk93 wrote:

Ok, then how is Kenshi able to gnerate lighthawkwings too?

Leave it to ANB:

Quote:

September 09, 2010

Want some more information regarding Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari? Of course you do. ^_^

Now here’s some very interesting information from Kajishima-sensei’s 10.8 doujinshi about Kenshi’s LHW generation.

“When Kenshi in the end defeated Gaia with a Light Hawk Wing, it was generated by way of him controlling the focus of Tenchi-ken’s enormous light energy, it was not something Kenshi himself generated from scratch. If he were to try to generate a Light Hawk Wing again, he would likewise have to start from producing compressed matter that holds an enormous amount of energy.”

That settles it then, Kenshi’s power is not like Tenchi’s.

Thanks again to the anonymous tipster. ^_^

Quote:

Also, is he from Geminar, I’m confused?

No, he’s involuntarily sent there.

Ok,back to the Tenchi as God talk.If Tenchi is God or a God then how come nobody,including the Chousin

is quite certain if he is or not?

Why are we not subject then to the “don’t-tell-the-God-he’s-a-god”chat from Tsunami for example,the

way that we are when Yuki and the others have their little talks with Kyon about Haruhi?

And furthermore what would happen if the Tenchiverse collided with the Haruhiverse? 😆

Ok,skip the last question.

But seriously how can the Chousin be uncertain about Tenchi’s status?

Lighthawk93
      Probably bc tenchi existed in a different dimmension, out of reach for even the chousin

Also, was it the chousin who sent kenshi to geminar? If so why him?

i swear, more mind@#$%s continue with every series

jgzinv
      Ok so “Weird Question of the Day”

Feel free to chime in…

No. 1

Limiting it to Earth products… what kind of deodorant would any of the Tenchi characters use? :?

Tenchi… AXE body spray. (secret of the masaki harem revealed?)

Yosho…. classic Old Spice lotion in porcelain bottle.

Noboyuki… BOD shower gel.

Now that I’ve scarred your mind… do continue.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Well, I just lost it laughing reading this 😆 Tenchi uses AXE? What form of it, I havent had any signs of women from outer space show up haha!
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Ok so “Weird Question of the Day”

Feel free to chime in…

No. 1

Limiting it to Earth products… what kind of deodorant would any of the Tenchi characters use? :?

Tenchi… AXE body spray. (secret of the masaki harem revealed?)

Yosho…. classic Old Spice lotion in porcelain bottle.

Noboyuki… BOD shower gel.

I think you nailed it dude! 😆 as far as the rest of the characters, no clue (Iunno what kinda deodorant girls use) :?

How bout this: do you think Tenchi will sport the stache when he gets older? (Grampa, dad, seems like a tradition going on there). How would the girls feel about this? (I think Ryoko would like it, in OVA her fantasy involving cooking for him included one mustache-wielding Tenchi).

Nobuyuki
      Participant

shadowsfall0 wrote:

Tenchi uses AXE? What form of it, I havent had any signs of women from outer space show up haha!

Obvious answer is obvious. 😉

Quote:

do you think Tenchi will sport the stache when he gets older? (Grampa, dad, seems like a tradition going on there)

But of course… nothing less for the manliest of men.

But manly men use Old Spice! 😆

Seriously,I think Washu probably makes her own cleaning and hygenic supplies.It some how makes sense that she would.

As far as Tenchi with a stache goes:Only if Ryoko and Aeka allow him to have one! 😆

jgzinv
      If all the various Yosho’s had to fight each other…. which would win?
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      First one from the original OVA’s. Then again everyone seems to be pretty powerful in the OVAs, but that Yosho in my oppinion could easily beat the others.
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Then again OVA 1 & 2 Yosho has been in training and he isn’t as old as he looks per episode 13 of OVA 2.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Tough, but I’d lean OVA Yosho, solely because he has youth on his side (faker! jk)

What if Yosho had landed somewhere else on planet Earth, other than Japan? Would he have assumed the cover of a religious figure to fit his location? (A Catholic priest, as seen in “Time & Space Adventures” episode of Universe? Or the whole multiple wives thing could have fit with certain sects of Mormonism, no? I kid, I don’t mean to be offensive)

Though OVA particularly suggests that Japanese culture is an offshoot of the “superior” Jurain culture, thus making this scenario all but unimaginable, perhaps in Universe continuity it could at least be feasible solely in the realm of speculation.

Wonder what Tenchi’s name would have been if Yosho hadn’t married into a Japanese family?

I think he deliberately chose to land on Japan because that was his mother’s homeland.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      What is Tenchi’s favorite breakfast cereal?

Maybe Lucky Charms isawitplz Shinto shrine… charms.. though Tenchi isn’t lucky.

Ryoko would like Trix. (I tried lol)

Thorn
      Who’d be the most likely of the gang to star in an infomercial?

I’d say Washu; she’s got the biggest personality in that area.

What do you think it be like if Mihoshi were a bit more hyper-active say Excel Excel hyper? :scared:
      Thorn
      I think it would probably exacerbate her already accident prone nature, so hilarity would probably ensue quite a bit more frequently. Washu’s lab wouldn’t fare too well either; she’d be even more like the “Dee Dee” to Washu’s “Dexter”.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Where was that when I needed it? :(
      I just thought of something:you know that episode in AMG where Keiichi gets temporarily turned into a girl,

what do you think the reaction of the Tenchi Harem would be if Tenchi were temporarily turned into one?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      “Silly demon, trix are for kids!”

Tenchi as a girl…I think the girls would still go for him! (her)

SnowQueen
      What about the opposite? What if Ryoko and Ayeka turn into guys while Tenchi was still a guy? How would that play out? XD
      Ballsmagee01
      😯 well now that escalated quickly lol jkjk buy if that situation turned out that way I can see it turning to both ryoko and ayeka fighting over who’s more of a best friend to tenchi. That or there is gonna be som yaoi herem anime.
      bth_Kiyo2342-1

Please I don’t even wanna think of it.

What if Tenchi had been created by Rumiko Takahashi?

susano
      Here weird question-

What series will be Tenchi’s favorite anime series, and Sasami’s favorite anime series?

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Tenchi: Gall Force or Bubblegum Crisis 😉

Sasami: Akazukin Cha Cha

Sasami:Sakura Wars…..for obvious reasons….Sakura and Sasami are both played by Yokoyama Chisa

Tenchi:Love Hina….he loves to see other people suffer the same way he does…. 😆

susano

susano wrote:

Here weird question-

What series will be Tenchi’s favorite anime series, and Sasami’s favorite anime series?

Tenchi- Ranma 1/2

Sasami- Sailor Moon and Sakura Wars.

For Tenchi, he will have some sympathy for Ranma because he was in a harem situation.

I think we can expand the question and ask what the other characters favorite anime would be as well.

Ok,Mihoshi is easy since from Universe we all know her favorite is Moldiver.But what of the others?

Viewing 86 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.