school rumble

Forums Off Topic Other Anime school rumble

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      SnowQueen
      I love school rumble~! It’s one of my favorite comedy’s. ^-^ I wish there was a season three but that won’t happen. tenchiahhhhhh

I have to say Tenma is my spirit character ^_^;

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ycI9yCAQn1I/SXtwEMUZygI/AAAAAAAAAl8/VM-5JsAqMbc/s400/school_rumble_1_2.jpg" />

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I looooooooooove School Rumble (I prefer the English version; Brandon Potter IS Kenji Harima).

A romcom anime set in a school…yeah, on the surface, nothing new there, seen one seen them all, you may say…but even though its setting, premise, and many of its setups are cliche to a T, there’s a simple joy in seeing it all executed perfectly. Rumble‘s able to juggle multiple love triangles in an outrageously comedic way that’s also buy-able because it’s so dang funny and so dang heartfelt.

Being a fan of both mediums, I felt the anime on all fronts did Kobayashi’s material justice.

Sooo….should we leave the floor open to favorite moments? Favorite pairings? What happened with that third season? (If so, spoiler tags are your friends, people!)

SnowQueen
      Apparently….this is just what I heard don’t quote me on this because I’m not 100 percent sure but I heard the third season got cancelled because School Rumble was on of the most downloaded illegally and pirated anime. Like I said this is just what I heard. I think the manga is still on-going but I’m not so sure about that either. Anyway~…

I prefer the English dubbed as well and as far as favorite pairing… eri x harima anyone? ;)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

Apparently….this is just what I heard don’t quote me on this because I’m not 100 percent sure but I heard the third season got cancelled because School Rumble was on of the most downloaded illegally and pirated anime. Like I said this is just what I heard. I think the manga is still on-going but I’m not so sure about that either. Anyway~…

I prefer the English dubbed as well and as far as favorite pairing… eri x harima anyone? ;)

I’ve heard that to, but never really heard it from an authoritative source. Just “rumor has it” but I’d love to know definitively. The manga continued (didn’t finish, because I couldn’t bring myself to see “the end” for some reason) and then School Rumble Z is either said continuation and/or a spinoff (cuz, you know, a title like that).

& gawd forget Tenchi and one of the girls, Harima pairings for me are soooo tough! (Again, please, I think I know, but no spoilers from the end of the manga w/o tags please!)

I’d want Harima to be happy, so part of me wants him to “get” Tenma like he wants. But I personally prefer him and Eri. BUT I think honestly he’d be best matched up with Tenma’s sister of all people, Yakumo (tough tiddlywinks, Hanai, you got a great gal right under your nose). I’d feel bad for Mikoto a bit, because there was a time she was crushin on Harima, but it was a period of uncertainty in general for her, and she moved on well enough.

SnowQueen
      Lol the pairing’s and ship’s are strong with this series…. I honestly don’t want Tenma with Karasuma that I do know. What I don’t know is who I would want her with…maybe Nara? Yeah…i actually would like Tenma with Nara. It’s official! iloveit1

And I would want Mikoto with Hanai and Harima with Eri and Yakamo with…hmm…I’m not sure about Yakamo… I joked about her being with Akira but I can kinda see that happening for some reason. ^^; lol

Almael
      S3 canceled due to pirating is imho a false rumor. A simple Google doesn’t show much activity. If it were it would be around like gundam and such other popular shows.

I think the show is good but yeah it’s all too common.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

and Yakamo with…hmm…I’m not sure about Yakamo… I joked about her being with Akira but I can kinda see that happening for some reason. ^^; lol

Probably cuz a that one time, where Akira “filled in” as the groom in Sarah’s (wasn’t it Sarah who was doing it?) wedding-themed photo op? XD

Yakumo’s tough; other than Harima in only my wildest dreams, I really can’t picture her with anyone either. She’s sooo sweet and sooo kind and soooo demure (obviously a certain perspective’s ideal woman) that she’s, as I once half-jokingly put it, “femininity incarnate” the stuff of legends, poems, myths and other such attempts to capture the unattainable while expressing the ineffable. Though I like her personality, she’s more a symbolic ideal than an ordinary high school student (by now, you can tell I’ve thought about Yakumo a bit too much, I’m sure).

She’s like…an element of nature, maaaaan. Ya can’t “own” nature, maaaaan. woooo1

SnowQueen
      lol I actually dont remember that. Time to re-watch some school rumble. Lol Yakamo is certainly ozozing with feminine charm. I guess I can’t think of anyone being at her level…maybe that one kid (I think he was Harima’s brother or something) when he grew up could be with her I dunno.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

lol I actually dont remember that. Time to re-watch some school rumble. Lol Yakamo is certainly ozozing with feminine charm. I guess I can’t think of anyone being at her level…maybe that one kid (I think he was Harima’s brother or something) when he grew up could be with her I dunno.

Awww that’d be cute, and if Harima/Tenma paired up, then it’d be a sibling-coupling thingie.

I only have volume 1 of Season 1 but I love it too. mmhmm1

For some reason when I took a personality quiz I ended

up as Tenma. 😆 colors2

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.