So something that got me thinking

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime So something that got me thinking

• This topic is empty.
    There is something that got me thinking if tsunami created Jurai and caused life to spread out on that, and with her being one of the three goddesses? Wouldn’t that make Tenchi related to Tokimi and Washu and Tsuami in some way?
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      Crazed
      none
      Well technically speaking he is related to all of them. Sasami is his great aunt, so there’s that connection. He’s related to Tsunami because Sasami has been assimilated with Tsunami. Washu and Tokimi are her sisters so that kinda sorta makes them related but not by a blood relation.

Here’s the complicated family tree if it helps.

http://tmau.fateback.com/articles/family_tree.png" />

susano
      What was got me thinking about is the role of religion in the Known Universe. Religion seems to play a vital role in the Galactic Union. Neju da Melmas was the Chief Priestess of Melmas for more than two thousand years. Melmas is a distant planet of religious psychics. Melmas is a lot like the planet Airai. Airai is the central world of the Galaxy’s most popular religion.

Melmas may worship the Chousin Goddesses differently than the Airai. Still, the role of Melmas Chief Priestess has the same level of power as the Hierarch of the Airai and Jurai’s own Emperor Azusa Masaki Jurai. Jurai has better relations with Melmas that they have with the Airai. Lady Seto refers to Melmas having a Holy Council. Some members of the Holy Council wanted to assasinate Neju so they can select a puppet to be the Chief Priestess. It seems that some of the Airai have wanted to prevent Neju from selecting her successor.

Kajishima does want to make fun of religion in some way while recognizing its importance. For the Galactic Union, religion is treated more like a form of Philosophy. Religions in the Galccatic Union may seem to focus more on Ethics as the center of their doctrines. On occasion like what happen to Neju, some members of a religion seem to want more power. Seven hundred Earth years before, many of the Airai have wanted to steal Tsunami from the Jurains. It does seem that Airi’s own father was behind in bringing the young Yosho and his own daughter Airi together. Airi’s father is Magma the Hierarch of the Airai.

I am speculating that the Airai may see Tsunami as the Chousin Goddess of motherhood. Tsunami seems to the most favorite Chousin Goddess. Washu must be the patron Chousin Goddess of the Galaxy Academy. For Washu is the greatest scientist who ever existed. About Tokimi, she seems to be the trickster of the three Chousin sisters.

The Japanese are a religious people, even if they don’t seem to be to some Westerners. The Japanese has their own home religion call Shinto. Strangely, we can see a lot of Shinto elements in the series Tenchi Muyo.

highgear56
      Kajishima’s canon universe seems so incestual.
      AstroNerdBoy

The_evil_Genius wrote:

There is something that got me thinking if tsunami created Jurai and caused life to spread out on that, and with her being one of the three goddesses? Wouldn’t that make Tenchi related to Tokimi and Washu and Tsuami in some way?

By “creating life”, Tsunami didn’t create the Juraian people, only the Royal trees. The people of Jurai are the descendants of the pirates that first landed there. The man who would become the first emperor of Jurai was the one who met a giant form of Tsunami on the planet’s surface, which after their conversation, became the giant tree Tenju, where the royal palace is.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Crazed wrote:

Well technically speaking he is related to all of them. Sasami is his great aunt, so there’s that connection. He’s related to Tsunami because Sasami has been assimilated with Tsunami. Washu and Tokimi are her sisters so that kinda sorta makes them related but not by a blood relation.

Very good question evil genius, but I would second this^ that in some way, as with apparently all of his works, they are loosely connected, but not so much related. Yes, Sasami/Tsunami assimilated, but unless we’re wading into some sort of predestination paradox (highly speculative) Tsunami looks the way she does in the series because of merging with Sasami, i.e. after the foundation of the Jurain race.

highgear56 wrote:

Kajishima’s canon universe seems so incestual.

There’s no denying it’s there on some level, especially considering things like the fact that in ova canon Nobuyuki is descended from Yosho (that one rocked my world).

I think Kiyone ,as in Mihoshi’s much stressed out partner, is the only one that doesn’t seem to be related to Tenchi.
      Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

I think Kiyone ,as in Mihoshi’s much stressed out partner, is the only one that doesn’t seem to be related to Tenchi.

She also isn’t part of Kajishima’s continuity, where everyone is related.

highgear56

Crazed wrote:

Here’s the complicated family tree if it helps.

http://tmau.fateback.com/articles/family_tree.png" />

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/uploads/4/mind-blown.jpg" />

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.