Starting WOG Next Sunday

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads Starting WOG Next Sunday

• This topic is empty.
    So I shall start watching the first part of War on Geminar next Sunday and I want to know what if anything

I should be looking out for.Any particuliar scenes or characters?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

So I shall start watching the first part of War on Geminar next Sunday and I want to know what if anything

I should be looking out for.Any particuliar scenes or characters?

Don’t go into it expecting cameos, but if you happen to hear someone mention “that mad scientist!” take two guesses at who that could be…. 😉

SnowQueen
      The others get mentioned and referred as sisters once in a blue moon and you can tell Kenshi has certain traits that reflected the other Tenchi girl’s (example- his fighting style looks like a mix of Ryoko and Yosho and his polite manner mostly comes from Ayeka and he can cook well just like Sasami)
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

what if anything I should be looking out for?

Yukine is love.

Yukine is life.

Yukine is a miracle of the universe.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/1354829868038.jpg" />

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yukine is love.

Yukine is life.

Yup, pretty much this :D Enjoy the series, ML, and be sure to tell us what you think of it!

I only have the first part for now but will let everyone know what I think.

And now only 6 days to go as I finished my beloved Silent Mobius yesterday.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Yukine is love.

Yukine is life.

Yup, pretty much this :D Enjoy the series, ML, and be sure to tell us what you think of it!

WANT1

That’s it!

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present the McDonald’s Yukine Peace Theory. Wars across the globe may now cease. Everyone pack up, go home and adore Yukine. The End.

Well as I said earlier today at Kinofthestars that was just an amazing first episode. soawesome1

I also now have my top three favorites:

1.Chiaia

2.Aura

3.Doll

Aura has the same seiyuu as Reki from Haibane Renmei iloveit1

I think she’s the only one that I’m familiar with.That and the fact that she’s a Dark Elf like Piortess from

Record of Lodoss Waris reason enough to make her one of my favorites.

With Chiaia it’s the fact that she has reddish hair and is such a badass when it comes to fighting and is also

very sexy! 😆

Doll,is just soawesome1.Plus totally cool the way she got the bad guy out of there when he was being surrounded.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Aura has the same seiyuu as Reki from Haibane Renmei iloveit1

I think she’s the only one that I’m familiar with.That and the fact that she’s a Dark Elf like Piortess from

Record of Lodoss Waris reason enough to make her one of my favorites.

With Chiaia it’s the fact that she has reddish hair and is such a badass when it comes to fighting and is also

very sexy! 😆

Doll,is just soawesome1.Plus totally cool the way she got the bad guy out of there when he was being surrounded.

I really like Aura as well, if only for the inner Tolkienite in me causing me to instantly be interested in anything remotely Elvish. tenchiahhhhhh

But she’s a good-hearted character as well (her periodic ‘childish phase’ is…odd, I guess I’ll say, but whatever, she’s enough of a badass the rest of the time to make up for it).

From what I read on Wiki(and everyone knows how accurate that is! 🙄 ) that’s supposed to be because

her people aren’t originally from Geminar and has to do with their still adjusting to life there.Whatever.

Well after yesterday I have added Yukine to my list of faves,in the #4 spot after Doll.

And speaking of episode 2: wth2 was that with the ceremony with Chiaia getting the cat ears at the end all about?

So in episode 3 is that green haired girl that Kenchi’s giving a back wash to,the one with the odd tattoo markings

on her back,Doll in her human form?

Just wondering.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      No.
      ok,I was just curious since we haven’t seen Doll since episode 1.
      So I ended up looking up Doll at the Tenchi Moyu Wiki.Talk about split personalities!But it does explain why Doll hasn’t been seen in episodes 2 and 3 since she was in Maxiah mode.(It also explains why in episode 1 Chiaia

got mad at Maxiah for sneaking into the cage with Kenchi and how Doll was able to find him so quickly.)

*Bump*

Finished part 1.Will have to get part 2 later on some time.My thinking is that except for episodes 1,6 and 7 most of the action must take place in part 2 as most of part 1 seemed to center around the usual school shenanigans.

I’m not saying it was bad just that I was expecting a bit more mecha action.Overall I did enjoy it a lot.My favorite

part in episode 7 was Aura being interrupted just as she was about to confess her feelings to Kenshi.I also liked

the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

The only other thing about part 1 I was disappointed about was that we only see Doll in episode 1. I would love to have seen more of her in the first part.Yes, I know she’s also Mexiah and while Mexiah persona is fun too the Doll

persona is the one I fell in love with.

Just some ramblings as I finished off the first part.So will aid part 2 to my need to get list. soawesome1

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

My thinking is that except for episodes 1,6 and 7 most of the action must take place in part 2 as most of part 1 seemed to center around the usual school shenanigans.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Anyway, I’m glad you mostly enjoyed WoG so far! Even with its pacing and focus issues I’ve always found it to be a relatively fun and interesting show. Thanks for keeping us updated, ML!

You’re welcome chuck.

I probably will get part 2 sometime next year down the line.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.