Status of Tenchi as one anime most powerful characters.

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads Status of Tenchi as one anime most powerful characters.

• This topic is empty.
    While I was watching some videos on anime’s top ten most powerful characters of all time, almost of the video list suggest that Dragonball Z’s Goku is the No. 1 most powerful anime character of all time. Yet, one of the videos on youtube have mentioned that Goku was actullay No. 2. How can one video list stated that Goku was No. 2 while the other videos hadd mentioned that Goku was No. 1. Strangely in the video list which listed Goku was No. 2, the characters who are rank number 1 were Kami Tenchi and the other omipotent beings.

Then I remember from what i watch TM: Ryo-Okhi episodes 5 and 6. From these two episodes, we learn the truth of Lady Tokimi and her relationships with Tsunami and Washu. Tokimi, Tsunami, and Washu are the Chousin Goddesses. The Chousin had wanted to find the Kami who was more powerful than them. That Kami had turn out to be Tenchi.

At the time of OVA 3, Tenchi has only started to understand his Kami powers. Goku is likely capable of defeating Tenchi by knocking him out. Only when Tenchi has learn and master his Kami powers, he will be able to defeat Goku. Tenchi being able to defeat Goku doesn’t make him the most powerful anime character of all time. For Kami Tenchi is not alone.

For there other Kami/Gods who are more powerful than Goku. Goku happens to be the most powerful of all the non-Kami characters of all time.

Guessing who is the most powerful anime character of all time is a trivia buster. While Goku may be the most powerful anime character of all time to many anime fans, it turns out that Kami Tenchi is the most powerful anime character of all time. By the year 2016, Tenchi will have to learn how to master and control his kami powers to the point where he will able to defeat Goku. Tenchi is the type of person who wants to avoid any fights unless he has to fight. For Tenchi, being one of Goku’s allies is more suitable than being Anime’s most powerful character.

kain2-1 tenchiahhhhhh

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Replies
      segaman4
      actually if you look up the top 50 or top 15 you’ll see that tenchi usualy comes in first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyicBkL2uk
      Almael
      Yep, Tenchi being a God of Gods is certain very high level. Tenchismile

But there’s a bunch of god level beings more creative or powerful than Goku… for example:

Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Haruhi Suzumiya

Luther Lansfeld, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Apollonius, Genesis of Aquarion

etc.

those listing him as No.1 are fanatics or noobs.

Edit:

Btw. Heroic Age is probably the only show that could have someone on Tenchi’s level is spun further. Lagann could, too, but I can’t take it serious. :P

SC-AJ
      Isn’t the reason that most list Goku is because of the popularity? I mean, as you pointed out, Tenchi is the most powerful kami, and there are others as well, but if Tenchi had as much popularity, wouldn’t he have an overall higher ranking among anime fans?
      Yes, that is a very good point. Goku is popular because just about every otaku has at one point or another watched Dragonball Z but by that same argument shouldn’t Chi Chi be more powerful than Goku since as his wife she can control him? 😆 isawitplz1

Popularity aside, it is hard to argue that at least in the Tenchiverse Tenchi is the strongest

character. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t any anime characters outside of it that might be

more powerful.

Now it also depends on how you define POWER. Do you mean mere brute strength or do you also

add brains?

P.S. SC-AJ love your siggie.

Almael

SC-AJ wrote:

Isn’t the reason that most list Goku is because of the popularity?

but if Tenchi had as much popularity, wouldn’t he have an overall higher ranking among anime fans?

mitsuki lover wrote:

but by that same argument shouldn’t Chi Chi be more powerful than Goku since as his wife she can control him?

Then they failed the topic or are unable to discern it or simple are fanatic fans. ;)

Yep, there’s always someone more powerful than a male protagonist. 😆

mitsuki lover wrote:

Now it also depends on how you define POWER. Do you mean mere brute strength or do you also

add brains?

You mean POWER as in able to do things or

in terms having influence over someone.

I thinks most people refer to raw power to do things.

Imho anyone can destroy things but the power to create is far greater.

And yet the power to love trumps them all because you got overcome/accept everything. ;)

People who have know no forms of love are poor.

SC-AJ
      I mean power as in brains, but I’m curious about your take on the brute side of it as well.

and thank you mitsuki lover!!

Edit

I did some digging and this caught my attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLX20X5lBs

Welcome! :-D

I think though Love has to be the Ultimate Power which would make Sasami one of the most powerful characters in all of anime(aside from the fact that she and Tsunami are fused)since

she is full of Love for everyone(and yeah she does have her prankish side that we only got to see

really in the first ova).

Defining Power as Brute Strength though, I would have to go with Ryoko as being a bit stronger at the moment than Tenchi since he’s still developing his power.

But as everyone here knows the most powerful being in all of anime is a 15 year old Japanese schoolgirl named Kagome! 😆

I mean when you can control one of the world’s toughest half demons with just the simple word:

“SIT!” that’s what I call power! iloveit1 soawesome1

SC-AJ
      Ok, you make a heck of a point about Sasami, I mean, love is pretty powerful… alas, I have no belief in it due to recent events. I agree Ryoko is pretty powerful as brute strength goes, but we never get to see just how powerful since she only is given one gem.

Side note: Making someone pretty much ‘sit’, yeah makes you extremely powerful lol Had someone who had that exact effect on me

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

I mean when you can control one of the world’s toughest half demons with just the simple word:

“SIT!” that’s what I call power!

The necklace does all the work, it should get the credit.

SnowQueen
      How is Saitama not in this thread yet? Lol 😆
      Almael

SC-AJ wrote:

I mean power as in brains, but I’m curious about your take on the brute side of it as well.

Power to do something is not restricted to brute force alone but I guess that’s what most think first thing. 😆

Brute force is certainly a necessity but I don’t believe it’s a solution to everything nor is it the absolute power. Well, it can end things so in that regard it is absolute (for a time). However, it won’t get rid of ideas or ideology like fascism.

I still say that Sasami is the most powerful being in all of the Tenchiverse.
      Almael
      The normal or the magic girl Sasami?
      Normal since she can make everyone get along by simply refusing to cook dinner. And have you ever tried to eat

any of the other girls’ cooking? I mean if it’s a choice between Aeka and Ryoko being nice to each other and not

having food I think they make nice! 😆

Though if it came to actual physical fighting I think any of the girls from Ikki tousen could take on

Tenchi. Just don’t wake up Hakufu’s Dragon!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

susano wrote:

Guessing who is the most powerful anime character of all time is a trivia buster. While Goku may be the most powerful anime character of all time to many anime fans, it turns out that Kami Tenchi is the most powerful anime character of all time. By the year 2016, Tenchi will have to learn how to master and control his kami powers to the point where he will able to defeat Goku. Tenchi is the type of person who wants to avoid any fights unless he has to fight. For Tenchi, being one of Goku’s allies is more suitable than being Anime’s most powerful character.

This kind of topic has kind of no answer to it, the way it’s worded sounds like part of a fanfiction scenario than actually adding up facts.

susano wrote:

Yet, one of the videos on youtube have mentioned that Goku was actullay No. 2. How can one video list stated that Goku was No. 2 while the other videos hadd mentioned that Goku was No. 1.

Everyone has an opinion, different categories and scales to judge something.

And there were several times in the Okuda manga that the power the goddess Tsunami were challenged. The level of power in Kajishima storyline of OVA 3 puts Kami Tenchi on par or stronger than the three goddesses. But there is still a chance of him being beaten, since other beings like him can be fought.

Really this is one of those subjective topics where it all depends on a) who Tenchi’s fighting and

b) the circumstances of the fight.

Though I still stand by my statement that any of the girls from Ikki tousen could easily take him on a one on one fight.

I mean of course as long as the rules preclude using his powers. Though once Hakufu’s dragon is

unleashed….well…I wouldn’t want to be near the place( or her for that matter).

But I think we got a little carried away here, especially myself. It depends on whether or not

Tenchi is allowed to use his powers, especially the Light Hawk Wings. I think without them he’s

pretty ordinary when it comes down to it.

For example without the use of his powers he would definitely loose in a match against Kenshin,

and even with them the most that could be hope would be a draw. Considering that Kenshin is a more skilled swordsman than Tenchi such a draw wouldn’t be bad in the long run for Tenchi.

Almael
      There’s no rule in war (other than whether it’s an all out war or not).

That said Ukitsu or Ryofu would beat Tenchi ruthlesslyefficiently faster.

Well Ryofu’s dead so…. We haven’t even mentioned Kanu here. I think that be interesting fight.
      Could he even beat Kyubey?
      Almael
      He would lose the moment they talk no need for even physical contact. 😆

After all Kyubey and his kind had everyone in their palms.

Ah! Poor Tenchi is getting beat up worst than the last time Shinji got bitch slapped by Asuka! 😆
      segaman4
      what about bill cypher from gravity falls?
      I’ve never seen Gravity Falls.
      BrilliantBill
      Participant
      I really, really wished that Tenchi Muyo was an action series like most famous anime cartoons. When you have someone that has superpowers it can’t just be shown for a few episodes and that’s it.

Tenchi Muyo is one of those shows that would’ve been easily great but failed to do so.

Almael
      The problem is someone with such powers has no rivals.

It would be pointless to start any fights. There got to be restrictions.

That said I think the only option is for an intergalactic war involving other super beings from elsewhere. Yes, it’s kind of like the later OVA.

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Well I was thinking for like a civil war in a huge space-faring nation in which Tenchi gets involved. Over time his power increases to the point he becomes a Dragon Bal Z-like planet buster under the service of the rebels where he battles people like his power and other very powerful enemies.
      Almael
      Not possible as the Galaxy is ruled by his “relatives” and they are virtually undisputed.

It would only be possible if some super being manipulates or takes over the minds of some of his relatives. So far the movies cover super villain beings as the only threat in the Galaxy.

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Then it’s simple. If I were in charge I’d talk about a galatic nation (not encompassing the whole galaxy though) that suffers through a crisis in leadership. Then one person violently ceases power causing a civil war. That one person is a corrupt strongman by the way. And Tenchi is found and recruited to the rebels when he finds out that he’s an alien as well.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Closest to that description is Tenchi Universe.

Actually, that is Tenchi Universe.

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Still disappointed that he had no superpowers though. But in the plot was a lot better comparing to the original series.

Overall I wish the Tenchi from Ryo-Ohki (maybe not as powerful but still very powerful) and the plot of Universe would be together in a series. That would make my day.

Universe wasn’t bad, I just wish that they kept him the way he was in the orginal two OVAs.
      BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Agreed.
      Beyonder
      It was discussed here that Kami Tenchi is more of a fan name and that he isnt the actual supreme being.
      We need to separate ‘Kami Tenchi’ from regular Tenchi.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.