Suggestion thread

• This topic is empty.
    Have a suggestion for a cast? here’s the thread!
Viewing 99 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      Dual!

Photon

(did we do an ISM?)

El Hazard

Kara-ohki Cast (shadbomb’s idea)

Mangas

Doujinshi

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’ve been saying it literally since the first day I joined the forum: we need one on the Manga! Seriously, it’s like a whole two series of the show, and has some really great stuff in it. Of course, it would be dominated by the Okuda manga, but we could briefly discuss the U.S. manga and Eternal Memory, etc. Anyway, you know my position on the matter. wooooplz
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Thirded Manga, and one on the Mihoshi Special/Pretty Sammy OVA. Also the music and… maybe conventions/cosplay related.
      jgzinv
      Manga would be easier @ you two…

if you’d collect links where we can view the english adaptions of the okuda manga or

even the jap versions… I sell the stuff and can’t even claim I’ve seen it all or read it.

If we’ve got 4+ people that can understand the material, then that’d be a lot easier to do a podcast on.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      yay suggestions thread! Sorry if I’ve said this alot, but just so it goes down ‘on record’ so to speak…

I know there are many other facets of the primary fandom of Tenchi (and other series) to hit first, but at some point I really think we should do a special cast on the Lighthawk Force! Interview some of the key cast members (whoever we could get, but definitely creator Raz and core members Bullidom and RimaRegina) and learn about their experience with the fandom, how they first got into Tenchi, introduce people to TLF, etc. Sure I’m biased because I’m a fan of their work, but I also sincerely feel they deserve some recognition. They’ve been doing their series since ’08, and only very recently have had to go on a temporary hiatus, and I’m sure they’ve been fans long before then.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Manga would be easier @ you two…

if you’d collect links where we can view the english adaptions of the okuda manga or

even the jap versions… I sell the stuff and can’t even claim I’ve seen it all or read it.

If we’ve got 4+ people that can understand the material, then that’d be a lot easier to do a podcast on.

The thread that I started titled “tenchi manga” under the tenchi muyo forum meets all of these and then some! I have repeatedly posted links to the both the okuda manga series in english, and way more than 4 people have responded with very good inputs about them.

jgzinv
      OK I’m blind.
      Kiyoka
      Maaaaanga podcast nooooooooooooooow isawitplz
      stewonder44
      i just finished watching SKT and think it would be cool to talk about how it links in with the tenchi canon a bit more if anyone knows about the crossovers in any detail. By this i mean the stuff to do with the crystals and bits in the last episode.

That and a podcast or two on the manga which could enlighten me about it would be cool as i have no knowledge of it whatsoever!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

stewonder44 wrote:

That and a podcast or two on the manga which could enlighten me about it would be cool as i have no knowledge of it whatsoever!

In lieu of a podcast (which will be coming up next) I offer my thread on the manga as a way to brush up on it in advance of the podcast! Here you go: http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=452

Also, I would definitely be open to a SKT podcast, as I loved that show.

Kiyoka
      I think I’ll try watching SNT :)

Don’t suppose we could stall the manga podcast till mid August? I need to get my mangas from out the loft and read them all! :WUTH:

Ballsmagee01
      Hey here r some ideas for the next tenchicast

1: of the 3 spin off’s (ova 1-3, universe, tokyo) is your favorite and y?

2: witch one of the 3 do u feel is most accomplished/developed and y?

3: witch one of the 3 do u feel could have been beter and y?

I look forward to the next tenchicast an feel free to ask me anything if ur confused. Anyway have a nice day ;)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Ballsmagee01 wrote:

I look forward to the next tenchicast an feel free to ask me anything if ur confused. Anyway have a nice day ;)

[mod=”wwwwhhhhoooo”]FYI: Moved this to “Suggestion Thread” to keep things organized, hope that’s okay![/mod]

desufaceplz

Good ideas for topics Magee, some of them sound similar to ones we’ve covered (we’ve had casts kind of comparing/contrasting ova’s & universe) but since we’ve had specific topics regarding Universe, and in the future we’ll be doing Tokyo, that will then be an opportune time to compare the series after having discussed them in such detail (plus it would be a good idea to give folks newer to the cast the opportunity to comment on core components of Tenchi series that may have been previously highlighted).

As always, feel free to list any more ideas/suggestions for future casts, they’re all welcome! Please use this thread to do so, and whenever we know the time/date of an upcoming cast, it will be posted here:

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15

Stay tuned!

Ballsmagee01
      Ok man and thanks :) I’ll think of some topics for the tokyo series
      Ballsmagee01
      Hey I gave more thought into Tenchi in Tokyo questions so here are some ideas for the next Tenchicast.

1: do you feel that Tenchi in Tokyo was well made in terms of story, characters, and animation?

2: what elements of tokyo did you find to be enjoy able or improvements that it may need?

3: what is your opinion of the character Sakuya (however its spelled) and the role that she plays in the show?

Anonymous

Ballsmagee01 wrote:

Hey I gave more thought into Tenchi in Tokyo questions so here are some ideas for the next Tenchicast.

1: do you feel that Tenchi in Tokyo was well made in terms of story, characters, and animation?

2: what elements of tokyo did you find to be enjoy able or improvements that it may need?

3: what is your opinion of the character Sakuya (however its spelled) and the role that she plays in the show?

At some point I intend to do a Tokyo Cast ^_^ Not bad questions either, once we get done with the Manga cast it’s all up in the air.

Ballsmagee01
      Ok man just let me know wen u do another cast and I’ll be there :D
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well, the next cast is going to be about the Tenchi Manga series’ by Hitoshi Okuda. I don’t suppose you have read these manga so I will take the liberty to direct you to our very own “Manga Thread”

HERE (Started by Yours Truly :Cheeks: ) so that you can get familiar with the topic we will be discussing next cast if you want to join us.

Ballsmagee01
      Ok and thanks. I got to buy the manga still so next time I can join in on stuff
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well, there are links to online versions of the manga in that thread I linked above. I don’t know if they will work on your iphone, but it’s worth a try if you want to read them for free online right now! Actually, here are those links cause I’m lazy:

Here is the first series (read these stories first): No Need For Tenchi

Here is the second series: All New Tenchi Muyo

Read at your own leisure!

Lighthawk93
      possible podcast: if the tenchi series were to be remade into one series, who do you think should voice who and why? Lets say if the original cast doesn’t want to have their parts back.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

possible podcast: if the tenchi series were to be remade into one series, who do you think should voice who and why? Lets say if the original cast doesn’t want to have their parts back.

A great idea for a future cast! Hopefully we can incorporate it in some way or another.

In the meantime, if you’d like, here’s where we started a thread for this fun game of ‘who could replace who?’

http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=159&hilit=who+could+replace+who” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=159&hilit=who+could+replace+who

side note: would that technically be ‘who could replace whom?’ ??? :? meh like we care…

p.s. this is not a thread about ‘who could replace Who’, i.e. me, if you’d like to discuss possibilities, please start up a separate thread 😆

though, I’d prefer you didn’t 😥

Lighthawk93
      And hopefully, mumble will be working, so that I can join in.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

And hopefully, mumble will be working, so that I can join in.

Have your problems not been resolved yet? Dagon is suuuper busy but he’d be happy to help you out (& we’ve all been there, mumble has a way of doing that to new users…they update it at the most inopportune times it seems, but once it works, it works 😉

Lighthawk93
      Unfortunatley no, my computer is having issues with me, so I don’t know when i’ll be able to talk over mumble.
      whoops wrong thread, my bad
      Lighthawk93
      ^ 😆
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well, with the (very) successful conclusion of the manga cast, and unless I am mistaken, we’ve finally caught up to all of the officially selected topics for discussion, which means it’s time to start suggesting new topics again! I just did some digging through past posts, and some very intriguing ideas have already been put out there. I’ve listed these in order of not just their personal appeal, but their relevance and potential for success IMO.

1. Pretty Sammy. Like Universe, OVA, TiT, and the manga, this is an entire branch of the show, with its own materials and unique talking points. It is relatively well known in the fandom, and there are plenty of people here who could carry on a decent conversation.

2. War on Geminar. Following the FUNi licensing, and recent release of info regarding release dates and dub casts, there is definitely a large interest in the fandom for discussion of this series. Again, there are more than enough of us here to carry on a good convo. The only reason this isn’t #1 in my listing is because I think it would be better suited for a release timed after the first couple dub eps are released in a few months.

3. Music. This one is my personal favorite, but would probably be better suited after we finish up summarizing the “main” branches of the show, like Pretty Sammy and Geminar. EVERYONE has great, and differing opinions regarding their favorite music from the various shows/movies, and would be easily carried out and understood by the fandom.

4. Doujins/Novels. Like Pretty Sammy and Geminar, this is a significant branch of the Tenchiverse, but there are many problems that need to be overcome first. We wouldn’t have nearly as many people in on this cast due to lack of knowledgeable doujin people. Likewise, this one would be the most difficult to frame in a way that would be understandable to the larger fandom.

Well, those are my picks from the already established suggestions, and they don’t even include new ones that might be thrown out there in the future! Time to weigh in on the next awesome cast!

Lighthawk93
      War on geminar and the music sound very interesting. The doujins/novels are going to be very interesting 😎
      Ballsmagee01
      I agree chuck and lighthawk. Music sounds like it can make a nice podcast and so dose the pritty Sammy and mihoshi special. I look froward to either one of those.
      Lighthawk93
      I wonder which one will come first.

We could do one where we discuss what could happen after the events of WOG, like kenshi’s life after the events of the last episode and discuss his life before he got transported.

rosadojr
      Hi is there a tenchicast about future projects like a second war on geminar or ova 4? I have been looking for what are kajishima’s projects but don’t seem to find anyting. It would be cool to have an update on that…

:Tenchismile:

jgzinv
      We don’t have hardly any information… he’s making an island story in novel format next.

There’s a thread on that on the new info out of the last GXP novel, we’re still waiting

on info out of the doujins.

rosadojr

JGZinv wrote:

We don’t have hardly any information… he’s making an island story in novel format next.

There’s a thread on that on the new info out of the last GXP novel, we’re still waiting

on info out of the doujins.

oh ok but is he going to continue the tenchi story? :(

Lighthawk93
      Let us hope so my friend
      jgzinv

rosadojr wrote:

oh ok but is he going to continue the tenchi story? :(

We really don’t know. I hate to sort of do the “broken dreams” thing when you’re new to the board,

but Kajishima’s ending of sorts to Tenchi, at least concerning the harem part, and some of the future

events, has already been laid down for several years (doujinshi). Many many fans don’t agree with it and once upon a time, helped create a rift that scattered the fandom.

Now with that said…

There’s still other facets to be enjoyed, there’s other “tenchi” to still enjoy, such as the manga, or perhaps the side stories such as geminar if you’re into that… *coughDualcough*

Just.. don’t go pinning your hopes on a resolution, or the core Tenchi stuff to be heavily pushed. We’ve been hoping KM might come around as they’ve been teasing something new…. but said a lot of nothing about it.

I could say we’ve been playing this cat and mouse, or roller coaster for some time now… a few here over 10 years. Tenchi fandom is more like an endurance race… sometimes you have bursts, sometimes you need to stop and rest a while, but you end up getting back on track again and try to have fun along the way.

rosadojr

JGZinv wrote:

I could say we’ve been playing this cat and mouse, or roller coaster for some time now… a few here over 10 years. Tenchi fandom is more like an endurance race… sometimes you have bursts, sometimes you need to stop and rest a while, but you end up getting back on track again and try to have fun along the way.

hehe yeah guess so and like they say Kajishima trolling fans since 92… isawitplz but I gotta say I love his work

Almael

JGZinv wrote:

and some of the future

events, has already been laid down for several years (doujinshi).

I think that’s the main problem of continuing. Too much has been set in stone before continuing the animation. Either he starts anew – some might be unhappy – or just leave as is.

rosadojr

Almael wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

and some of the future

events, has already been laid down for several years (doujinshi).

I think that’s the main problem of continuing. Too much has been set in stone before continuing the animation. Either he starts anew – some might be unhappy – or just leave as is.

Naah I think he should continue the story!

Lighthawk93
      How about what it would be like for Seina being a parent to all of those girls he married in the last episode
      rosadojr
      At least there should be a tenchicast of all the speculation for the future of the tenchi series :D
      Lighthawk93
      That’s going to be a long one, lol
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

rosadojr wrote:

At least there should be a tenchicast of all the speculation for the future of the tenchi series :D

We actually have done one of these HERE, but so many new developments have occurred within the franchise, that it might be a good idea to revisit the subject. I’d personally like to finish up discussing the “main” branches of the franchise with a cast on Pretty Sammy. We really haven’t given it any airtime in the past, but for many fans it’s an integral part of the franchise and I think we’d get some really good discussion out of it.

rosadojr
      Do you think so? That series wasnt so popular as far as I know to give it a whole Tenchicast…
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I don’t think the popularity of the show should be a factor. It’s undeniably a large part of the franchise whether people like it or not, just like TU, Tokyo, and OVA3 are for some people yet we tackled each of those. Plus, I know for a fact that there are at least a handful of people here and elsewhere that really enjoyed Pretty Sammy and I just think that we should wrap up our discussion of the main branches of the franchise before we move on to more speculative topics.
      rosadojr
      Indeed you have a point there… isawitplz
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

rosadojr wrote:

Do you think so? That series wasnt so popular as far as I know to give it a whole Tenchicast…

I see your point in that when I was first a Tenchi fan (via Toonami) I hadn’t heard of Pretty Sammy either (well, save for “Time & Space” Adventures episode of Universe), but I think chuck makes a good point about hitting every series, plus the fun part about spin-offs in general–especially Pretty Sammy–is they’re fellow Tenchi fans out there, obviously have some similar interests, but may come from different anime backgrounds as well. As Tenchi as a brand increased in popularity and diversified, certain series really struck particular chords with different fans of differing genres (example, Dual–> mech, Pretty Sammy–>Magical Girl, etc.)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Who just gave me a great idea in minichat: Reviews of the FUNi box set releases!

I’m sure that there are plenty of Tenchi fans out there who might be on the fence about buying the sets, maybe they’re curious about the quality or features or something. I think we could easily honestly and helpfully review the box sets and do a service to the larger fandom! Clearly, this wouldnt be best suited for the typical Tenchicast! format, maybe a more informal and shorter video in which one of us goes through pros and cons of the sets and renders a score out of ten or something. Just a thought, but I think something like this would be really easy to do and shouldn’t interrupt our normal podcast schedule at all. If this idea is worth doing I would gladly volunteer myself to perform or produce the reviews, seeing as I have most of the releases minus WoG and TiT, of course I know others like Who have some sets as well and would also be well suited for the job. What do you guys think?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I like this idea (gee, I wonder why, lol). I can’t speak for Dagon with regards to his schedule, but perhaps a good time to try and hit this would be following the dvd releases of War on Geminar. That would really make it topical. But while we’re at it, we’d hit the FUNi dvd re-releases, as well as the recent blu-ray sets all in one shot.

If people are interested in this, I can’t say with any certainty if this would the the very next cast, but for now, if anyone so chooses, you can chime in with what dvd/blu-ray sets you have (like I said, since we want to try and hit every release or as many as possible, it would be good to outsource from the group here on Tenchiforum not only for diversity of opinions, but also because I don’t think anyone here [currently] owns every re-release). That way we see where we overlap, so to speak.

Everyone’s welcome on casts, but for this quick one if you want to say something, well, it would probably be good to actually own a set(s) (the recent re-releases) so you can have an informed opinion about it. 😉

So, for me:

Re-releases: Tenchi Universe (dvd), Tenchi In Tokyo (dvd), OVA 1 & 2 (blu-ray/dvd)

*soon to be added: Tenchi 3 movies set (blu-ray/dvd)

Or, of course, if you’d like, you can use this thread for its intended use: to put forth your own ideas/preference for next/upcoming cast(s).

jgzinv
      I propose a off the wall idea…

TenchiCast: No Need for Mirror Universes!

We talk about the potential or theoretical evil / good twins of our favorite characters.

What if Tenchi were evil? What if Yosho attacked Jurai and the royal family was protected by Ryoko?

Things are topsy turvey in the mirror megaverse…

From Chuck:

Quote:

Jurai’s runaways gone rouge; ayeka/sasami and the GP forced to fight on the defensive

Dr. S detects cosmic errors in a neighboring universe, sends the core robots to right the imbalance

Kagato grudgingly fights on the side of good in order to return things to their natural order

Not saying this is script or anything to follow, if anything it’s a nice fanfic concept. But we could go over various folks ideas on what might happen with inverted characters.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I LOVE this idea! It’s a great “shootin’ the breeze” idea for a cast! It would definitely be a fun cast, that’s for sure. I personally would like to see this one done, but perhaps after we finish out the “main franchise” topics first. I would suggest that someone start a thread on this topic in the general Tenchi section to get the ideas flowing in anticipation of the cast, sort of like how the Manga thread provided a great deal of insight into the eventual Manga Cast. I’ll be especially interested in hearing what our fanfic authors have to contribute to this particular discussion!

P.S. For those not versed in Dual, the Dr. S that I’m quoting in the above post is Dr. Sanada from Kajishima’s Tenchi-related series Dual Parallel Trouble Adventures.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

I would suggest that someone start a thread on this topic in the general Tenchi section to get the ideas flowing in anticipation of the cast

Try, try again? 😉

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

chucklocker wrote:

I would suggest that someone start a thread on this topic in the general Tenchi section to get the ideas flowing in anticipation of the cast

Try, try again? 😉

Eh, I think the two topics are sufficiently differentiated. Kiyoka’s original idea dealt more with EVENTS playing out differently in the original universe, while JG’s idea has more to do with whole CHARACTERS being turned around. Either way, this kind of speculation is the most fun part of being a fan IMO and any discussion along either line of reasoning is one I will fully enjoy taking part in!

jgzinv
      I still want to know what if Tenchi’s hair tastes purple… isawitplz
      Ballsmagee01
      Lmao what has this trend resorted too XD but it would be interesting. I mentiond before about doing on the soundtrack and how the music was. What elements made it work on the show, your favorite and why, and so on lol.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Possible ideas we haven’t hit yet (in no particular order)

“Kara-ohki” (I only wish I could take credit for that brilliant name)

Mirror Universes (evil Tenchi, benevolent Kagato, etc.)

TLF: Tenchi Abridged

Tenchicast (that’s right, a cast about the cast)

FUNi re-releases (when it’s okay to double dip!)

Who could replace whom? (speculative, just for fun alternative voice actors for our favorite characters)

Doujins/Novels

No Need for Fanfiction (get a chance to pitch your written work and/or ideas)

AMVs (talk about favorites, works and authors, be they new kids on the block or artists of yesteryear)

Each spinoff getting its own cast:

Dual! (re-uploaded/re-recorded as necessary)

El-Hazard

Photon

Convention/cosplay related

Dubs (Tenchi has been dubbed, officially and fan-dubbed, into several other languages other than Japanese or English!)

All this aside from specials and other even “special-er” casts we’ve got in mind for the future. 😉

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I know my opinion isn’t the key one but I am very fond of the idea of the Mirror Universes, TLF, Who could replace Whom, No need for Fanfiction and an El Hazard cast ideas.

I like all these ideas, but those stuck out to me above the rest. ^^

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      NinjaboyMMGN
      Have you guys talked about Mihoshi’s back story yet?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

Have you guys talked about Mihoshi’s back story yet?

Good point, I don’t believe we have. I’m certain we’ll do one on the Mihoshi Special at some point, perhaps we could fit it in there. Or, maybe a cast about the backstories (different continuities, etc.) of the characters?

Anonymous

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Possible ideas we haven’t hit yet (in no particular order)

I’m going to go through this list and say yea/nay or maybe (Doesn’t mean they are bad ideas if I say nay or maybe, just confirming Ideas I have every intention of doing)

chgr50 YEA

1. Who could replace whom? (speculative, just for fun alternative voice actors for our favorite characters)

2. Doujins/Novels

3. Each spinoff getting its own cast:

El-Hazard

Photon

4. FUNi re-releases (when it’s okay to double dip!)

chno50 NAY

1. TLF: Tenchi Abridged (Kind of already did it with the crossover interview type video).

2. Mirror Universes (evil Tenchi, benevolent Kagato, etc.) (Goes with fanfiction to a point)

The TLF one was already kind of done and the mirror universe one is a cool concept, but I think it fits better with fanfiction as you can expand on it a little better.

chmy50 MAYBE

1. No Need for Fanfiction (get a chance to pitch your written work and/or ideas)

AMVs (talk about favorites, works and authors, be they new kids on the block or artists of yesteryear)

2. Convention/cosplay related

3. Tenchicast (that’s right, a cast about the cast)

4. “Kara-ohki” (I only wish I could take credit for that brilliant name)

5. Dubs (Tenchi has been dubbed, officially and fan-dubbed, into several other languages other than Japanese or English!)

Kara-ohki is a funny special episode idea, but I’m not sure how well our listeners would appreciate it 😆

Tenchicast on Tenchicast is cool, but not for a few more episodes 😉

Fanfiction, AMV’s and Cosplay related are cool concepts I would absolutely love to do, but I would really love to have people name and remember specific ones, and not necessarily ones that are exclusive to the forum, like actual other fanfiction we’ve read, almost like part reminiscing part shameless plugs lol

jgzinv
      Photon cast from otakon or after may be good as it’ll be fresh and we have most of the usual players.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Photon cast from otakon or after may be good as it’ll be fresh and we have most of the usual players.

Good idea. Though, we’ve already kind of advertised Pretty Sammy as being next on the chop block, and we likely want to space things out a bit, but if we have stuff to report about the con (afterwards) in a timely manner, we might want to do a special about it next, even before Pretty Sammy (?) idk where that would leave Photon (which will be a great topic for a cast).

jgzinv
      Well nothing says we can’t record it and hold on to it till after sammy is done.

There’s not really much of a continuity between the casts, except for say the Geminar one.

Just think for once… no mic problems lol…

isawitplz

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Well nothing says we can’t record it and hold on to it till after sammy is done.

There’s not really much of a continuity between the casts, except for say the Geminar one.

Just think for once… no mic problems lol…

isawitplz

Ohhhhhh I get it (duh!) doing it when we’re literally all in the same place, veryfresh in our minds (viewing it right there). It would be unique in that respect.

Though, if there are others not present at the con that want to be in on it, we would want to work around that (maybe, just once, they could record their lines separately and insert them in later?) but you’re right JG, we should take advantage of our meeting, as it will be a rarity.

jgzinv
      Actually we did that for the Dualcast already.

Unless Mittens plans to travel way out yonder to our hotel and back again to watch Photon,

probably makes more sense to phone it in.

heromech40
      harems a discussion on what they are how the work and some good harem anime
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

heromech40 wrote:

harems a discussion on what they are how the work and some good harem anime

I think Tenchi being “The Granddaddy of All Harems” would make this a valid topic, at some point in the future when we’ve exhausted the other main avenues of discussion (series, spin-offs, etc.)

Also, since I’ve learned you’re an advocate of it, how about one for GXP? (can’t believe we haven’t suggested that yet).

heromech40
      so you did post about my two good tenchicast ideas great cool thanks for bringing them up
      Crazed
      none
      A few ideas I came up with. Some I know have already been mentioned but i’ll just restate them keep em fresh.These could even be incorporated into other topics if need be.

No need for OVA 1

No need for OVA 2

No need for GXP

No need for Photon

No need for El Hazard

No need for Kajishima

(talk about him, how Tenchi really put him on the map, talk about how much of a recluse, should he still handle Tenchi and if not who should, or who should he get to help him again, how big of a troll he is etc.

No need for Shin novels

No need for doujins

No need for a family tree

(maybe try explaining the craziness that is this)

http://tmau.fateback.com/articles/family_tree.png” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tmau.fateback.com/articles/family_tree.png

No need for Toonami

(talk about the old days, maybe compare the unedited verson to their version, should they air Tenchi again, now that GXP is done what would you like to see)

No need for Pioneer/ Funimation

(talk about how Pioneer handled Tenchi vs how FUNi is now, is FUNi handling it the right way, what did each one do right and wrong etc.)

No need for Tenchi video games

No need for a podcast

No need for OVA 4 or a chapter two series

(Should there be one, when do you think it will take place in the timeline and what do you think will be in it based off the latest doujins, will we finally get what we’ve waited so long for)

No need for a fandom

(talk about what got us here, why were sill here, how the fandom had developed, compare the Japanese fandom to the international fandom etc.)

julia
      Hi hi :) I have a couple of ideas~ One was about the fashions in Tenchi, and then maybe an episode dedicated to any specific character (like, an episode talking about just Tenchi, just Mihoshi, etc.) :)
      jgzinv
      We could cover Tenchi changing over the years and where he may be going.

A Tenchi enemies cast… and what could be a antagonist in the future (counteractor, etc).

julia
      I just thought about this this morning, have you guys done the Mihoshi Special yet?

EDIT; Also, maybe one on the music videos! Like “Call me Queen” (Is it queen? or princess? I forget xD) and there were others, right? i know you guys did one on music… but maybe ones for these specific videos : > That might be a harder one… well, for myself. I know the only one I remember clearly is the S&M Queen and I can’t find the others xD I was also thinking , maybe an episode on your favorite openings and endings (not just the music since you guys had one about music already… but music and animation, etc)… Also I forget, were some of the music videos (weren’t they called soundfiles or something?) just the OPs and EDs or no?

Or an episode on your favorite fan material or an episode on favorite Tenchi merchandise. Or an episode discussing the art work and art style and stuff for the various series!

EDIT #2; Maybe have a discussion on which series you think presents the story best and why? You can even talk about the creators in this one and talk about them too, etc. I know you guys already have one for each series but I just keep thinking of these little things and add to my post ;o;

Edit #3: oh man maybe do a special character episode for each of their birthdays idk I have just been brainstorming at work :P but how cute would that be ^_^

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Here are a couple ideas I had during lunch.

The first is not too unfamiliar, as it has been mentioned before.

JGZinv wrote:

We could cover Tenchi changing over the years and where he may be going.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

As Tenchi as a brand increased in popularity and diversified, certain series really struck particular chords with different fans of differing genres (example, Dual–> mech, Pretty Sammy–>Magical Girl, etc.)

Ballsmagee01 wrote:

Perhaps we can have a podcast dedicated to discussing the different continuities, their similiarities and differences. This one might also be helpful to newer fans to let them know how divergent the series’ content can be. Moreover, this could serve as a historical account, showing how the series has changed over the past 20+ years.

By “continuities”, I do primarily mean OVA, Universe, and Tokyo. Time could be allotted for Hasegawa’s novels, Okuda’s manga, or GXP though they branch in different directions from OVA at some point. Naturally, Dual, Photon, and SKT all are in parallel universes as well, but are not focused on the main cast of Tenchi. One could also throw in Pretty Sammy if time allowed.

The second idea arises from several Mumble and minichat conversations. Let us discuss Jurai and its portrayal in the different series. The OVA and its assorted materials have numerous details files on Jurai’s society, while Universe and Tokyo seem a bit more scant. Also, Universe portrays Jurai in a far more sinister light than most others. In Tokyo, Jurai appears in flashbacks and history, but rarely has a direct intervention into events. This could prove an interesting conversation to analyze one of the primary entities of the Tenchi multiverse.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none

evilpii wrote:

Let us discuss Jurai and its portrayal in the different series. The OVA and its assorted materials have numerous details files on Jurai’s society, while Universe and Tokyo seem a bit more scant. Also, Universe portrays Jurai in a far more sinister light than most others. In Tokyo, Jurai appears in flashbacks and history, but rarely has a direct intervention into events. This could prove an interesting conversation to analyze one of the primary entities of the Tenchi multiverse.

I could see this happening and being very viable for a future cast. No Need for Jurai. We could compare all the continuities’ Jurais and essentially build up a compare and contrast, what should be and what shouldn’t be, what could stem out from the problems with each should there have ever been sequel productions.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      [glow=red]Attention Forum Members![/glow]

I’d like to put forth a motion for an upcoming Tenchicast, episode or special, to be a dedication/promotional video for some hard at work forum members that are busting their butts for the general fandom and deserve far more recognition than they’ve received and more direct support than they’ve been making due with: I’m talking, of course, about Heaven and Earth Translations and the Hasegawa Translation Project.

Though there’s been a decent amount of social media outreach, and it’s been a comparatively short amount of time since initial conception for the Hasegawa Novels endeavor specifically, in short the harvest is plentiful but the workers few; despite this, however, the likes of our own JGZinv, Crazed, Nil, Shadows and Wispers have boldly pressed on for the good of the general fandom–be it providing breaking news via Crazed and JG or discovering long-lost treasures courtesy of Nil & company.

Though their passions are great, even the most tireless of souls grow weary without support, recognition and validation, and due to the apparent lack of immediate effectiveness from various advertising campaigns thus far, I see a genuine need for a morale boost from those of us with them in spirit but sadly not on the front lines actually doing the work where help is most needed (guilty offender present).

In closing, if by chance you’ve (somehow) been unaware of either of these endeavors prior to reading this post (see various translation threads across forum for more information) and want to help, lend these jolly good fellows your hands, eyes and time, it is certainly needed (even if they often politely refrain from stating so) and would be most appreciated. If you don’t have the time, we all understand, but we ask you please spread the word in any way you can to other Tenchi fans if you are able. As for me and other forum regulars, I think a cast would be an excellent way for us to collectively take part in supporting our own as well as furthering the fandom at large (you know, that thing we’re doing all the time anyway).

Thank you for your humble consideration.

– Who ^^V

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Hear, hear!

I support this idea, for the obvious reasons put forward by Who, but also because it would be a great outreach and good faith move for the larger community. It would let more people know about all the cool things left to discover in the Tenchi material, as well as demonstrating some of the great things we’re doing to shed light on them. Because of the special nature of this cast, it probably wouldn’t have to operate like a normal cast, and therefore wouldn’t require the same level of preparation and scheduling normal casts do. I imagine it would be more of a PSA/highlight/interview piece as opposed to the in depth analyses we’ve done to date. The best part is that it could be held at any time without effecting the regular cast lineup and schedule, due to its unique nature. Anyway, that’s my two cents. Either way, it’s about time we got another cast moving down the pipe, and this is as good a cast as any! :D

jgzinv
      Not entirely sure how we’d go about talking about what we’re doing.

I’d just rather us wait a bit more till we have these other tenchi doujin released/finalized.

We’re fairly close to doing that. Just a lot of cleanup and converting of the pages and it’s good.

NinjaboyMMGN
      No Need for a Harem…? badass1

No Need for GXP? woooo1

Yosho24

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

No Need for GXP? woooo1

Now that is an idea I can get behind

Nil Admirari
      none
      I think we are due for a new one fairly soon… badass1
      segaman4
      how about this.your favorite fanfics on tenchi forum and review them! hows that/ mmhmm1
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

segaman4 wrote:

how about this.your favorite fanfics on tenchi forum and review them! hows that/ mmhmm1

Yeah, further down the road, or on the tail end of a special, idk but fanfics in general (as in not just our site) along with other fanworks like amv’s? Maybe.

Nil Admirari
      none
      An interesting idea, however I feel like this would be an awkward thing to tackle. We have a lot of fanfiction authors on the site itself who take part in the podcasts. Would we have them onboard to talk about each others’ works, or would we have the entire cast be by people who were merely readers? Another concern is the podcast being a little too self-serving. Fanfiction is just that – fiction written by fans. It isn’t exactly talking about Tenchi things everyone already knows about and is familiar with, its whole new worlds/episodes/movies/side stories/etc and wouldn’t really be as interesting to listeners.

It’s fun to talk about for sure, but I don’t see it working out in the podcast format.

greenthumb30
      Participant
      No need for Ryoko vs Ayeka. Talk about their epic rivalry and how it added to the story. Which version of their rivalry is most entertaining (OVA, Universe, etc.) How will their relationship evolve in future material? Do you think they could become good friends? Is it a good idea to make them “sister-wives” in Tenchi Muyo IF?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

No need for Ryoko vs Ayeka.

^ I can see this topic gaining traction here.

segaman4
      well to your reply nobyyuki.the reguler cast would be talking and just pick out ones to conserve time then review it based on it’s story charicter buildup and overall entrtainment value. mmmm1
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

^ I can see this topic gaining traction here.

Indeed, Ryoko vs Ayeka has always been synonymous with any Tenchi fandom. Though I’m proud of the lengths many in the fandom have gone to over the years to attempt to mitigate churlish feuding* and outright bashing of characters, I’m a tad worried about how potentially polarizing a topic like this could be; it might reopen old wounds for a lot of people. However, it it were a precoordinated discussion about the rivalry itself–as you suggested greenthumb–as opposed to people picking sides or listing characters’ strengths and weaknesses, it could be done…should it be done is another story, but it’s a great suggestion regardless.

segaman4
      Maybe an in-depth analisis of the main charicter from tenchi comparing the ova , universe and. Tokyo counterparts . Weighing the pros and cons. Garth g with Rancho then ryoko then ayeka and so on soawesome1
      drillmaster
      Character analysis is a good way to go. While several Tenchicasts have said what works and what doesnt work in each individual series, it would be good to see how the participants actually view each of the characters as well as saying their favorite and least favorite moments with them. It should generate a good deal of discussion and would make for an entertaining hour.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      People using with the power of Jurai powers, There’s thread to support this topic.

Juraian and those with Royal Trees, powers.

Keys of Jurai

Trees of Jurai

ChaudSept
      Doujins and novels suggestions have already been proposed a few times here, but the idea of a “101 secrets” cast hadn’t poped out yet !

But I understand very well that a Tenchicast is always based on solid things, for this reason I don’t think you’ll ever do a cast on an untranslated doujin/novel, but heh, the idea 101 Secrets should be here anyway.

However a podcast on -IF- and ova4(?) doujin could be a valid idea, knowing that there are no texts in them.

Might be a little early though.

ChaudSept
      Look at me double-posting and sh*t

Hey TenchiCast I just realized something. Suggesting untranslated stuff is cool but for several reasons, it most likely won’t happen ~yet~.

But what the hell, you guys didn’t do a Podcast on OVA1 and OVA2 ?! (unless I can’t see it).

I mean, why ? The medium animated are by far the most rich thing to talk about.

OVA2 is way better than OVA3 and GXP, and OVA1 is like the best thing ever (in my very own opinion).

You guys did TU, TiT and that’s normal. But you also did everything from Kaji’s verse but the two first ova. Very surprising.

Maybe it’s coming ? WANT1

jgzinv
      I think the reason it was held off on was we talk about the OVA 1/2 so much outside of a dedicated cast, there was no thought to why one was needed, or what we could say that’s new.

I think the casts are and probably would continue to be on hold. It’s something I think someone would have to pick up with the blessing of Dagon, as he’s occupied with other matters.

ChaudSept
      Well that’s a fair answer..

Though I still think it’s kinda “weird” to not have a full thing on OVA1. But heh, past is past.

I guess TenchiCast may rebirth when a new anime is coming out !

But it feels wrong to let it die for the time being. Such a good concept.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ChaudSept wrote:

Well that’s a fair answer..

Though I still think it’s kinda “weird” to not have a full thing on OVA1. But heh, past is past.

I guess TenchiCast may rebirth when a new anime is coming out !

But it feels wrong to let it die for the time being. Such a good concept.

No, you’re right Chaud, it’s a great idea, and at many times in the past we had planned on doing one on the OVA’s; in the early days, we thought it’d be fun to “save it” or “hold off” for a little while since it would be kind of obvious it would be first (and after growing a bit, would have more contestants). Then, as time went on, there were so many new developments in the fandom that it kept getting pushed back. I would like to return to them, and Tenchicast in general, someday.

JGZinv wrote:

I think the casts are and probably would continue to be on hold. It’s something I think someone would have to pick up with the blessing of Dagon, as he’s occupied with other matters.

True, wouldn’t feel right without Dagon leading us into discussion, but on that note as far as what everyone might be thinking (“why haven’t there been new casts lately?”), between awaiting news of further developments with AIC/Kaji’s continuation (seems like every time, in the past, we wait and wait, then when we don’t hear anything and do a cast, right after it there’s some hot-off-the-press official news lol) and most of the regular podcast members becoming quite dispirited with TM! recently sadly I don’t know when we’ll feel like resuming proper. Tenchicast is a labor of love, and if our spirits aren’t fully in it (i.e. we don’t have Love, irony intended) in a way it would all be for naught to just press on just…”because.”

jgzinv
      I don’t know if I’m that stuck on Dagon “having” to lead it, as he has other things to do.

We did the one DualCast, but I’d like to see it continue with perhaps a second group. Kinda like

a east vs. west, or team a team b, thing. People cross back and forth.

The problem is having the editing chops to process the whole mess, and organizing it.

ChaudSept
      Someday wth2

Editing is definetly not the hard part. Yet time consuming as always.

Organisation and stuff, yeah, this is a pain.

Morever JG, the DualCast is long lost. It is older than me wth2

jgzinv
      I have some of the recordings somewhere. It wasn’t completely trashed.

Now it’d be hard to round up Dual people again… sigh.

ChaudSept
      It lies in a (more or less) far future I guess.

But a DualCast makes me think of other possibilities, such as complete special editions with a HazardCast. Or even an EvaCast, an AlchemistCast, BebobCast, OutlawCast…

Turning the TenchiCast into an anime/mangaCast from time to time.

Again, just an idea, for the far future, who knows when.

jgzinv
      There was good interest in doing a HazardCast. Just again, the editing and scheduling of people.
Viewing 99 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.