Suggestions For 2016

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Suggestions For 2016

• This topic is empty.
    So looking toward 2016 I’d like to know if I could get some suggestions as what,if anything, that

I should be thinking of adding to my collection next year before I call it quits on the collecting

and sit back and enjoy my collection.

To help you please list 1 or at most 2 titles from the following genres:

1.Magic Girl

2.Horror

3.Mecha

4.Fantasy

5.Sci-Fi

6.Slice of Life

7.Harem Comedy

also anything with catgirls or any combination.

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I don’t really understand, do you mean stuff that is going to come out in 2016 that you want to add or stuff that you that should be added before next year.

In any case, I nominate RWBY for your collection. It is magical girl show kinda, and it has one cat-girl with a sword/gun.

Almael
      1.Zettai Karen Children; Madan no Ou to Vanadis

2.Terra Formars

3.Aldnoah Zero

4.Akagami no Shirayukihime; Gate

5.Knights of Sidonia

6.Plastic Memories

7.Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou; Gate

For anyone who’s curious what I meant was: what titles should I specifically concentrate on getting

next year (old or new) to add to my collection before I call it quits to collecting.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Punchline is a good show, and if you can get past the fanservice it has a good story.

Kyousougiga is also another short but fun show, Disney meets anime almost.

Yep, already considering Punchline and RWBY as well as the series that Snow mentioned in the Marriage Equality thread( it’s getting a NA release by Funi).
      Ok any more?

I looked up Knights of Sidonia and it looks interesting.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Gurren Lagann: Mecha

Wizard Barristers: Magical Girl

Gurren Lagann I’ve already seen when it was on the then Animonday on SYFY.

Wizard Barristers hmm…need to look that one up.

I really need an idea for December if I don’t decide to get Yuki Yunna Is A Hero.

Is the CE the only edition out there for it?

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Wizard Barristers hmm…need to look that one up.

Half good, half bad, it’s okay.

Just don’t mind the frog and you get to see some magic/mecha action

I looked it up and it looks interesting. Moyo looks to be an interesting character,even when you consider she’s essentially the Devil in disguise.(I hope I got her name right.)
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Don’t know if you seen these or not:

Monogatari series (if you have the patience)

Robotic Notes

Tokyo Ravens

Nope.

I’m now thinking of getting Umi Monogtari for December as the complete series is only

$29.99.

AFAIG with Monster Musume I was lurking around Animenation forums last week and they had a link to a quiz at the official Sentai Filmworks site where you get to find who your Monster Waifu is.

Mine is Suu.

Please don’t judge my Monster Waifu just because she’s a blob of water.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      How about:

Charlotte

Baccano!

Charlotte definitely.

Does anyone know when Sentai is releasing Monster Musume?

I also want to get the rest of season 1 of Cat’s Eye and GITS:Arise. So that’s four I want to get in 2016.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      How about:

Durarara!

Samurai Flamenco

Durarara! is the one with the headless Celtic spirit correct?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Durarara! is the one with the headless Celtic spirit correct?

Yeah, here is a image:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/durarara/images/e/e0/Celty.png/revision/latest?cb=20110806032348" />

Durarara maybe. Samurai Flamenco I’m not sure of. Sounds bit too funky for me.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Samurai Flamenco I’m not sure of. Sounds bit too funky for me.

Yeah, Samurai Flamenco is something, and this pic actually best describes it in my opinion:

http://i.imgur.com/fclqNWQ.jpg” class=”bbcode_url”>http://i.imgur.com/fclqNWQ.jpg

But it still a worthwhile watch

Well now that 3.33 is coming out in February I have another must get on the list.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      AKB0048

It’s a singing idol anime, with little girls fighting mecha with micsabers while singing and slight powers on the side

I really need to start writing things down.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I really need to start writing things down.

I thought this is what this thread was for

No…I mean I need to start writing all these suggestions down on paper so I don’t forget them.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      More suggestions:

Nadesico

Hellsing Ultimate

I already got OVA 1 of Hellsing Ultimate the only thing is to get off my butt and get the rest of it.
      Ok the 12 I have selected so far from all the suggestions are:

1.Monster Musume

2.Kyousougigga

3.Punchline

4.RWBY

5.Wizard Barristers

6.Charlotte

7.Tokyo Ravens

8.Baccano!

9.Durarara!

10.AKB0048

11.Kampfer…yeah I know it wasn’t a suggestions but I decided I add it to the list anyway

12.Nadeisco

Also thinking about School Live if that’s any good.

SnowQueen
      School Live looks really good. Scary…but good ^^; also i think you would really like Symphogear series. Since its complete now especially.
      WisperG
      I didn’t watch it, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about School Live.
      Good because the whole idea sounds like total fun. Plus it comes with your daily required allotment of cute zombie puppies!…Take That! Walking Dead fans!
      Almael
      Hmm, School-Live! (Gakkou Gurashi) from the glimpses I saw it’s your typical cutie girl school show

psychologically messed up with the zombie theme. It leans toward the cutie school girl life than the zombie part.

Sailor Zombie is the live-action derivative. I can’t imagine watching both to the end. The only good thing is the zombie theme song (not OP/ED) which only appears in the show. It’s has weird pronunciated lyrics similar to poem///stretched and twisted…totally creepy. It kind of reminds of ancient vietnamese theatre singing or whatever it’s called. Only difference is that they sound way better. A similar approach was made with the theme song for the Korean Lady of the Storm show. It sounded way weirder but not creepy.

Sailor Zombie sounds like they would name a live action version of Sailor Stars.

Anyhows, I have my January all planned for with Angelic Layer and then too I hope to get

GITS:ARISE and 3.33. So that means I have 9 more to go. At least. I could order more than one

at a time I know.

Almael
      I would guess a real Sailor Star show would be better. Sailor Zombie isn’t terrible but it’s just somewhat boring. There are funny and good scenes but the newbie idols aren’t …supportive enough them. But I blame the script more than their acting.

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7azQt_YyNU[/BBvideo]

I think watching that was more fun than a full season of The Walking Dead! mmhmm1

At least they don’t look like they took the material too seriously. And is it just me but did that

megane girl remind anyone else of Ami from the live action Sailor Moon? (yeah…I know it wasn’t here as she’d be too old for that part now..it’s just do all megane girls in live action Magic Girl shows look alike now?)

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      RWBY vol 3 has already started and can be watched on either roosterteeths site on sunday after 10 am or youtube a week later
      I really need to get the first two volumes before I even think of volume 3.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      ^ It’s all online. No excuses. ;)
      I know and I can also buy the first two parts, which is what I need to do first.

Ok so Wizard Barristers comes out, I think in March along with 3.33. I also added Hamatora and

Buddy Complex to my list( the first isn’t to be confused with Hamtora as it’s about a group of

detectives with psychic abilities not hamsters; although admittedly a series about hamster detectives with psychic powers does sound kinda fun! 😆 😆 😆 While the second is some sort of odd time travel mecha series that looks interesting.)

Almael
      Buddy Complex is bad imho. You really should check it out on youtube.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I think watching that was more fun than a full season of The Walking Dead! mmhmm1

Although, I posted that there are more fun scenes, entertaining scenes but as I said it’s that good.

mitsuki lover wrote:

At least they don’t look like they took the material too seriously. And is it just me but did that

megane girl remind anyone else of Ami from the live action Sailor Moon? (yeah…I know it wasn’t here as she’d be too old for that part now..it’s just do all megane girls in live action Magic Girl shows look alike now?)

Yep, I thought the same but she didn’t get to appear that many times or stand in the center.

No, most do but many don’t look like Ami. It’s just that stereo type characterization. And She looks better in “You are Under arrest”. ;) Rei/Mars was seriously badass in a recent detective show.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

^ It’s all online. No excuses.

mitsuki lover wrote:

know and I can also buy the first two parts, which is what I need to do first.

online the first two parts is all free, they’re even on youtube, all free

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      He can’t/won’t/doesn’t stream, anyway. nbd.
      I perfer DVDs, I’m not against watching online though and in fact did watch a few anime online before,but I don’t do that anymore.

In any case here’s the list of 25 that I finally came up with any comments are pleased welcomed:

1.Angelic Layer: January

2.RWBY

3.Aldonah.Zero(is this the latest non-Gundam Gundam?)

4.School Live when oh when will they release it?

5.Wizard Barristers

6.Brynhildr in the Darkness(gotta love the Wagnerian reference there)

7.GITS:Arise

9.Monster Musume(another one where I wanna know when it’s coming out!)

10.Utawarerumono the OVAs

11.Ikki-Tousen Dragon Destiny

12.Ikki-Tousen Xtreme Xecutors need me some more Ryomo! soawesome1

13.Durarara!

14.Baccano

15.Death Note

16.Hamatora

17.Yuki Yuna Is A Hero

18.Kyougigga whenever it comes out

19.Punchline

20.Charlotte

21.Tokyo Ravens

22.AKB0048

23.Kampfer

24.Nadeisco

25.? Since I trust Almael’s opinion I’ll drop Buddy Complex from the list.

Almael
      As to non-Gundam mecha shows

Aldonah Zero is not the latest. “Knights of Sidonia” is newest show I think. Both have two seasons. Aldonah Zero season 2 is more like Gundam and kind of lost it’s smartness in season 1. So get season 1 first and save season 2 for later if you want to prioritize another show. I’m not quite happy with season 2 and you could go without it as the story is simple.

Now running:

Soukyuu no Fafner-Dead Aggressor-Exodus, season 2

Meh, get the original Fafner in the Azure if you must

Aquarion Logos

Meh, total crap idea just to have a show.

The original Aquarion is best. Aquarion EVOL is lavishly draw but is so-so otherwise. It has lots of OST but hardly found in the anime itself. The best it offers is the Mecha design for the transformation mechanism. They reused it all over again and again…

I basically need ideas for from June-December as I already have my January-May planned.
      Almael
      Well, I don’t feel like recommending something I can’t consciously warrant happiness.

That said Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru appears interesting if you minor horror is acceptable. Simply put it’s Bones, the american medical CIS-esque show.

I haven’t watched Bones for awhile but enjoyed it when I did.

btw:Totally off topic, but our mail is delayed now because the windstorm we had damaged the roof

of the distribution center in Spokane and so now everything is going to be 2-3 days late because it has to go through Seattle until they get things fixed.

And back on topic: I need to have help with a Plan-B list in case some of Plan-A doesn’t work out.

Almael
      Well, you could try some of these ok shows

Owari no Seraph=Seraph of the End

It’s rather your run of the Mill a la Flame of Rekka. It’s currently decent but it might become long running like Naruto or Bleach.

Similarly for Karneval, but it definitely ends.

Assassination Classroom is more fun.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de

“Imagine you can actually use magic (for) battle” school show.

Akagami no Shirayukihime

fantasy romance, nice, but long paced

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku

Girl has barely magic power is forced into battle to survive in her school of choice. entertaining!

D-Frag

Freshmen delinquents gets “coerced” into scary game club.

Shinigami no Ballad

Deathgod stories about people’s fate.

Somewhat reminds of the “The Outer Zone” manga, e.g. Twilight / Outer Limits.

SnowQueen
      I think Owari no Seraph or Seraph of the End is better than ok ^^;; it does have typical shounen tropes…but it has good quality animation, vampires (loli vampire queen of Japan anyone B ) ?) , good story (this is debatable to some) and a decent group of main characters and side characters alike. I think its worth watching.

Also if your looking for a heart-felt / feel good anime with cute girls and good music i suggest Love Live School Idol Project ( sakuyafinger1 ) lol

😆

Knew you might say that! I actually might put a few of the suggestions to 2017 so that I will have something to work on for the next couple years instead of one.(Unless of course the world ends or

a meteor crashes into my bedroom killing me or something else unforeseen occurs..)

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Just curious what kind of computer do you have and how old is it?
      Almael
      That’s the wrong question. dawohki1
      FWIW: ACER and it’s only a couple years old.

And not that anyone asked but I keep most of my DVDs in boxes as in the larger ones that they send

your order in, they make pretty good way of stashing your collection cheaply and from expierence

(depending on size) you pretty much can keep up to 15 DVDs stored in one box. So I think I have

at least three more boxes worth before quitting.Maybe I could do four but then it gets to be a bit of a hassle trying to get DVDs that are in the back row.

My room is small and I don’t have any space to put them except the closet.

Almael
      You might want to check

Kekkai Sensen = Blood Blockade Battlefront

The title reminded me of X so I wasn’t quite sure. Well, it’s looks like a mix of X, Hyper Police, and kind of Get Backers. Story wise it leans toward Get Backers and maybe Bebop. The first 15 min. kind of reminds of World Destruction. Imho all the above are better in their own respect. Actually, I got a bit annoyed by the feeling of dejavu which may have caused some negative impression on my part. It’s modernized so it should appeal to lots of people. The BG art is detailed and with dreamy lighting.

I got the confirmation that Umi Monogatari and Magical Witch Puni-Chan shipped on the

17th, so they should come some time this week. Still since this is Christmas week I might not get them until next week because of all the packages being sent and having to be sorted out. The way things go for me it’ll probably go to Seattle first and then wind up at the bottom of the pile so I won’t get it until practically the end of the year…ah…that’s life! isawitplz1

Well only a week to go to 2016!

I really hope that this coming year there aren’t any more screw ups like last year.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I really hope that this coming year there aren’t any more screw ups like last year.

Famous words before the storm

True that…still waiting for Umi Monogatari and Magic Witch Punie-Chan to get here.

But so far they’re in the required amount of time to get here( 4-14 days), so I don’t have to worry

until after New Years.

IF They don’t get here until the first week of January I’ll send an e-mail to Rightstuf to see if they

know what’s up ( like an idiot I deleted the conifrmation notice before copying down the

USPS order number! sadface1 )

OTOH this is the holidays so that might also delay things,and also because of the wind storm some of the mail had to be sorted in Seattle…so you never know.

Just so it didn’t wind up in Northport again! wtfisthis1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      New Berserk anime this year

might want to watch the old first

From what I heard Berserk is pretty dark and tense. Then again I’m thinking of X

simply because I love CLAMP. OTOH I been thinking for awhile about getting Mardock Scramble

just because it seems to be a good match for GITS. Well I have until May or June to decide

what else to get. Right now I am going with my list for now. And just put in my order for

Angelic Layer today along with my renewal of Gotanime membership for Rightstuf.

Almael

Ukinojo92 wrote:

New Berserk anime this year

might want to watch the old first

You mean the computer graphically made anime?

Berserk – Golden Age Chapter I – The Egg of the King

Berserk – Golden Age Chapter II – The Battle for Doldrey

Berserk – Golden Age Chapter III – The Descent

mitsuki lover wrote:

From what I heard Berserk is pretty dark and tense. Then again I’m thinking of X

simply because I love CLAMP. OTOH I been thinking for awhile about getting Mardock Scramble

just because it seems to be a good match for GITS.

Well, it’s a horror type anime. As far as dark goes I would say it’s the last part that’s really… *shivers*

The new Berserk looks great but there are too many forced modernizations to the medieval world. There aren’t really many new scenes, though. And they aren’t must see either but some are good or improvements of old ones. There’s nothing new as far as the story line is concerned.

I second that. CLAMP’s X has more sympathetic characters so things feel more cruel imho.

Mardock Scramble: is lavishly beautiful. Episode 3 is kind of a let down regarding story progress, though. Not to mention it was discontinued. That part is somewhat superficial similar to the secrets of the Yamato country in Utawarerumono – Itsuwari no Kamen….

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Almael wrote:

You mean the computer graphically made anime?

The new new one. ;)

I don’t think I’ll get Berserk but probably Mardock Scramble and X.
      Added Mardock Scramble to my list for June. I see where Rightstuf as the entire collection of all three movies available for 29.99. Hope it’s still there in June.

Also planning on adding xxxHOLIC since the complete collection is available and I enjoy the

first bit a whole lot(need me some more Yuko! soawesome1 )

Mardock Scramble

RWBY

X

xxxHolic

that will get me into September.

*Bump*

So far this year I have ordered and gotten:

Angelic Layer

Ghost In The Shell: Arise Borders 1 & 2

Ikki-tousen: Dragon Dynasty vol.2

And just this week sent in my order for Brynhildr In The Darkness.

I also pretty much know what I want to order for the rest of the year except for November and

December,I might go with Sailor Moon R to finish the year off or wait and start 2017

with.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      RWBY vol 3 dvd is going to come out this year
      WisperG

Ukinojo92 wrote:

RWBY vol 3 dvd is going to come out this year

May 3rd, to be exact. Soundtrack should be out in May as well, but no date yet.

Here’s the Amazon listing.

And the cover art. It has a slipcover too with the same artwork. Sadly, it seems they aren’t doing a black-colored BD case this time, unless they just used a generic mock-up for that packaging shot.

IIRC I plan on getting RWBY in June and then Mardock Scramble in July. Have to check my

list. But I think that’s the way it is now. I also am thinking of finishing the year maybe with NOIR

and Kiddy Grade. Since I have a bit of both I’m really just thinking of getting the complete series of each and finishing them up.

Definitely want to add Akame Ga Kill some time next year, also the Monster Musume

manga if the anime doesn’t come out for sale soon. I saw the manga for both yesterday at

B & N. Monster Musume looked especially fun. iloveit1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Might want to throw RWBY chibi in here, something new and hopefully happy that Roosterteeth is putting out on May 7.
      RWBY chibi?

Ok I got everything for this year finally decided. I’m really on to 2017 now.

After next week when I come back from my anime hiatus I will post the list of the rest of 2016

that I have decided on.

*Bump*

Ok I don’t want to start another thread for 2017 so ignore the date and keep handing in suggestions that would be good

for next year as well.

So far Akame Ga Kill heads the list. And others?

SnowQueen
      I think you would Magical Girl Raising Project. Especially if you enjoy Madoka. Well…. Enjoy isn’t quite the right word… qt1 lol

https://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/S/SarahNelkin/20160721/20160721105044.jpg" />

Well I just got my latest print catalog from Rightstuf and will see what’s in that.

And Snow…yeah I shall check Magical Girl Raising Project out. Thanks.

Wow! that looks even more depressing in ways than Madoka. I mean rather harsh what happens to all those girls who loose their Magical Girl abilities. Still looks interesting enough to watch just ’cause The Goddess of 17 herself: Inoue Kikoue

is in it! soawesome1

My goal at the start, when I began collecting anime was to get something like 365 now I have 88 more to go to get there.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

One for each day? Kinda’ noble. ;)

Yep. And now that I have the space I can see my way to it. Of course if I count by actual number of titles it’s probably less.

I’m using my Raw Mondays the same way I used it when they were Sub/Dub Mondays: as a way of rewatching titles that

I might not be getting around to for awhile, so they just don’t sit there.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Might wanna add Little Witch Academia, it looks good and an anime coming 2017, there’s two movies already.
      Is that going to be a series or ova based on the movies?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Is that going to be a series or ova based on the movies?

Probably based on some movie plots and throw in some new stuff in order to make it long and maybe bait for a sequel, comes 2017 January.

It looks to be total fun when it gets here.
      Almael
      Might want to look up Orange

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18075

I have caught up a bit on the recent Sailor Moon musicals. They appear to be somewhat better than those of the past.

Sounds like a bit of a mesh up between Lain and Noein there.
      A bit of help here is I really like ADV/Sentai licensed shows.

Also if Wendee Lee or Michelle Ruff or Luci Christian are in the dub or if it has Hayabashira Megumi, Tanaka Rei,Yukino Satuski,Hisakawa Aya

Inoue Kikou or even Mitsuishi Kotono,etc. in the original Japanese.

I took a count of all the titles I have in my collection and I have about 140 individual anime titles.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      What’s the count for suggestions you have now?
      I think it might be at least half a dozen. I need to look and see.
      Since I asked about 2017 I have gotten 2 suggestions: Orange and Little Witch Academia, 4 if you add in

RWBY Chibi and Magical Girl Raising Project which were the last two made before I had my ‘little’ hiatus.

After Monday I realized I should also get the rest of Pilot Candidate ’cause Kinza! soawesome1

And yeah still going to get Akame ga Kill next month and Feb.

Sent in my order for Kiddy Grade today and also ordered Suzuka, as far as I remember it was the first sports themed anime I have ever ordered.
      I also have to renew my Got Anime membership for Rightstuf but they upped it up by $6 so it’s now $18 instead of just $12.
      I’ll reup my Got Anime after the holidays which means after I get paid. Also thinking of buying a blind box dvd to go with it.

The only other time I ordered a blind box I got the ADV version of Kaleido Star Season 2 which I already had the

Funi version of; but that was ok I wound up watching both. kiyonesmile1

So here’s what 2017 will so far be like:

Jan.:Akame Ga Kill part 1

Feb.: Akame Ga Kill part 2

Mar.:Celestial Method

and that’s what all I have planned so far,I don’t know about April or beyond. Although I do want to get more

Sailor Moon along with Ikki-tousen in 2017.

Also the other main Magic Girl series I want to get is: Wish Upon the Pleiades.

Of course if Yuki Yunna is a Hero comes down in price I will get that too.

Only one weekend away from 2017. Need to pick up my pace in deciding what else to get then.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      At your rate, you’ve got all year.
      Yeppers.

And cross off Akame Ga Kill part 1 finally since I just went down to the PO and snail mailed my order for it in.

And I also bought A.D. Police at one of our local second hand stores yesterday to go along with what I have of

Bubblegum Crisis, so I’ll watch that first and then BG.

Still waiting to hear from Rightstuf about my last order for Kiddy Grade and Suzuka. This is why I generally don’t like to order during the holidays.

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.