Tales of Piracy

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Tales of Piracy

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    While I’ve been without my laptop, I’ve been listening to a lot of Alestorm and Star One, two of my favorite metal bands. Alestorm is famed for “true Scottish pirate metal” (e.g. “That Famous Ol’ Spiced“), while Star One is inspired by scifi films (e.g. “Earth That Was“).

Together, these two spins on metal got my mind to pondering a fan fiction idea. While I was writing Inheritance, I started a series of shorts, entitled From the Journals of Queen Jurai Achi. Each short was written as a chapter of a Juraian text holding historical documents, such as the reflections and visions of the queen from the second court of the Jurai Empire.

The new idea is to do something similar for the pirates, telling tales of treasure, adventure, and ale in space. It would be a series of shorts, largely disjoint from one another like the From the Journals shorts. Specifically, I had in mind three shorts that I probably could write rather quickly.

• 1) Prodigal Daughter – a couple pirates run across Ryoko on a quest for treasure,

2) Demon Princess – a pirate convoy is attacked by Kamiki Seto,

3) Ghost Ship – a few pirates follow a map into Sargasso, seeking a treasure aboard one of the ships there.

• Tentatively, these would all be set in Universe continuity before Ryoko crashed on Earth in Episode 1. This would tone down Jurai’s might, as well as allow some speculation about Ryoko and Mirei preceding the main thrust of the TV series. Also, telling the story from the perspective of some no name pirates might give a different perspective on Ryoko or Seto that the series proper didn’t show.

Are there any thoughts or interest in a project like this? Granted, I am writing Homecomings at the moment as well, but I doubt this little side item would impede progress any more than my research or teaching. ^^; Of course, I could just go back to the From the Journals series as well. ^^;

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.