Tenchi Fan Thread

• This topic is empty.
    This thread is for Tenchi love ONLY. You can say why you love him, talk about his scenes in the anime, post pictures of him, ect. This thread is not for criticism, debates, or bashing. If you start causing trouble in this thread, you will be banned. First offense will get you a month long ban, second offense will result in a permanent ban.
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yugi12
      The thing that I like most about Tenchi is his kindness.

One scene that I always like is the scene in the last episode of Tenchi in Tokyo where he spares Yugi’s life. Despite everything that Yugi has done to him and the girls, Tenchi realises that Yugi isn’t some evil mastermind, but a little girl with mental problems who has been mistreated.

The fact that he lets her live with him and the girls at the end of the show is a great moment and shows that Tenchi has a big heart.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      What I like about Tenchi–why I think I started watching Tenchi Muyo in the first place–was that he was just an ordinary kid. He went to school, had to do chores, & other than living in the beautiful mountains of rural Japan, had a pretty average, maybe even boring life…just like the rest of us. Then one day, out of boredom & curiosity, he stumbles upon a demon in his family’s shrine…& his life is never the same after that!

Yet another reason I didn’t quite like the way Tenchi Muyo oav ended up, the way Tenchi was actually a god incarnate or something like that. I like Tenchi of the first oav, of Tenchi Universe, & even Tenchi & Tokyo (though not when he dumped Ryoko!) I did like him having some extraordinary hidden powers, & his backstory of being descended from Jurain nobility; he had absolutely NO idea of his extra-terrestrial background, & if he hadn’t awakened Ryoko, he probably never would have. It just made me think, who knows what extraordinary things there may be hidden for all of us–whether it be some unknown family secret (maybe grandpa’s actually from outer space! 0.o) or some hidden power within–it just made me think if it can happen to Tenchi (like being visited by hot chicks from outer space that are crazy about you lol) or more realistically: if Tenchi can do it, maybe I can too; a lesson that can be learned by anyone who watches the series, & is applicable in even the most ordinary day-to-day life experiences.

The idea of extraordinary things happening to ordinary people is one I’ve always loved; whenever I’ve come across it in literature, film or anime, I’ve often fallen in love with that particular series. It’s a theme that is at the center of many great works (like Lord of the Rings, for instance) & even a central theme of alot of anime out there today, but Tenchi Muyo was one of the first to really run with it, & that’s why I love Tenchi the series, & Tenchi Masaki, the super-powered ‘average Joe’ of the anime world.

SMOKE WEED EERYDAY
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Everyone’s thinkin’ it, I’m just sayin’ it…
      I like Tenchi because.. he gots the every man’s dream position lol… who wouldn’t want to be surrounded by hot alien chicks

and a cute CABBIT Ryo-ohki! = )

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      All hail our glorious God-Emperor Pimpmeister Overlord! ;)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/harleybmw/calendar06-3.jpg" />

jgzinv
      sure that aint fist of the north star?

Now he just looks at the carrot fields… and the carrots pop out and line up to be picked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=</YOUTUBE&gt;

However, is it me or are his fingers freakishly huge?

Nobuyuki
      Participant

SilverWhisper wrote:

However, is it me or are his fingers freakishly huge?

There seems to be a bit of forced perspective in the drawing making them and the sword appear larger. Unfortunately it has the added effect, combined with the shoulder plates, of making him appear a bit pin-headed. ;)

And here I thought Tenchi was a Patriot! 😆

Sorry,had to do that when Pin-Headed was used too much Bill O’Reilly.

To get serious though,the one thing that makes Tenchi so interesting is despite all the wierdness that is suddenly thrust

into his life he still remains a pretty normal and even humble guy.I mean you try living with a harem of bodaciously

beautiful space princesses,demonesses/space pirates,mad scientists and space cops without it going to YOUR head.

And despite all that Tenchi is the most normal character around.

I was trying to restrain from another SpongeBob reference myself…
      Kiyoka
      How can you not like Tenchi? He’s so kind and caring :'(
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

To get serious though,the one thing that makes Tenchi so interesting is despite all the wierdness that is suddenly thrust

into his life he still remains a pretty normal and even humble guy.I mean you try living with a harem of bodaciously

beautiful space princesses,demonesses/space pirates,mad scientists and space cops without it going to YOUR head.

And despite all that Tenchi is the most normal character around.

Very good point ML, I always felt the same way about Tenchi. I’ve actually once heard criticism of Tenchi because he’s too ‘normal’ or ‘boring’ but that’s his personality! A rural Japanese teenager, not one for getting into trouble or adventure (cue Bilbo Baggins comparison) and in general prefers the quiet life. Such criticism annoyed me because not only do I obviously love Tenchi as a character and Tenchi Muyo as a series, but not every teenager in real life is constantly ‘yeah! newest gadget! Hardcore loud music! Gettin crunk with my friends and pickin up girls!!! Derp da derp!’ I for certain wasn’t like that (all the time, anyways) ;) and I happen to have good friends that are very introverted, prefer to keep to themselves, kinda’ shy around girls, etc. very much like Tenchi.

& that’s why we love him right?! Tenchi Muyo wouldn’t have that charm and endearing timelessness if Tenchi were just ‘hey! hot girls! which one am I gonna’ do first?’ (cue Jersey Shore comparison… 😡) His politeness and more conservative nature when it comes to women is what makes him so appealing (to us and probably all the girls) and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I meant “pin-head” literally, folks. 🙄
      Kiyoka

Nobuyuki wrote:

Kiyoka wrote:

How can you not like Tenchi? He’s so kind and caring :'(

I meant “pin-head” literally. 🙄

I didn’t quote you, therefore I wasn’t speaking to you silly :troll:

TIME FOR YOUR MEDS ME THINKS :washu:

shadbomb77
      So I just wanted to let the forum know my thoughts on Tenchi. Tenchi is a character I envy, emulate, admire, and root for. Ever since seeing him on Toonami all those years ago I always wanted to be more like him many ways. The respect he has for the girls, his attitude in the face of trouble, and his ability to grow and become a better person to all. These things I felt would help me in life most. After re-watching the series a few more times I still love Tenchi. I hope to get a costume of him (either Light Hawk Tenchi or normal) for Halloween this year. Other than those quick comments I just wanted to say he definitely deserves to be the main character of my favorite Anime.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Lol, this was buried and it’s his own series!

So… Tenchi! That time he dressed as a girl. Yes. That was a classic in Universe. Also, in the OVA he has my favorite quote of all time from the show: “Curiosity killed the cat but lucky for me I’m not a cat”.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/Tenchi%20Muyo/tenchi.gif" />

😆
      GregTheLion
      Looking back at the first episode I’ve noticed How expressive Tenchi’s face is. His eyes (and sometimes even his mouth) will just reach over the boundaries of his head, like an old American cartoon. Couple that with his round head and It’s almost like he’d fit in one of those old-timey black-and-white shorts.(which is probably the reason I drew him as such)
      Round head always makes me think of Charlie Brown…not that Tenchi is anything like our favorite looser.

(er..would that make Ryoko Peppermint Patty and Aeka Lucy? I guess that would mean that Ryo-ohki then would

have to be Snoopy! 😆 )

GregTheLion
      https://31.media.tumblr.com/1d8a12f89665f33558f7667ac0993bb0/tumblr_nes11h9PZQ1rrmykco1_1280.jpg" />

The Tenchi’s Face Appreciation board: Ryoko’s Ressurection

or

What happens if a Tenchi fan gets bored

or

The Golden opportunity Ai Tenchi Muyo missed out.

or

Isn’t this guy just f***ing adorable!?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

GregTheLion wrote:

Yes, Tenchi’s face requires appreciation.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/tenchidontlook_zpsbcdlrg04.gif" />

Oh yes, Tenchi, we’re goin’ there!

[align=center]http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/tenchichick_zpsqdik0w1f.gif" />

The debate is over: Tenchi is bestest Tenchi girl.[/align]

GregTheLion

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

GregTheLion wrote:

Yes, Tenchi’s face requires appreciation.

If you all like, I could put together a few more mood boards based on later episodes. Tenchismile

GaianKnight
      Participant
      Why to like Tenchi?

– Tenchi is God! (It’s proven, in an episode.)

– Tenchi got Ryoko to love him, the most bloody thirsty (thanks to Kagato,) space pirate in galactic history.

– Tenchi somehow got Ayeka and Ryoko to like each other, just by being with them. Two iconic, and intractable enemies, become all in all sisters.

– Tenchi beat Kagato. Ask Yosho or Azusa if they beat Kagato. (Yeah yeah, long convoluted discussion there, to be had, but anywho.)

– Tenchi has goddesses that love him. Few other anime characters can boast that.

– Tenchi has a cabbit. Few other anime animals are as iconic.

– Tenchi looks better as a girl. Just don’t ask him for a date, Ryoko will kill you for trying.

– Tenchi is… (this could take awhile. Oh, and him choosing, got shanghaied there, so blame the writers for that, more than him.)

AFAIG with the point about Goddesses loving Tenchi well I can think of at least 2 others:

Keiichi from Aa megami-sama! and Goro fromTenshi no Shippo though in the latter is more like

Goddesses in Training or Guardian Angels.Actually Keiichi pwns Tenchi and Goro when it comes to it since his

Goddesses are based on actual Norse mythology(they’re actually the Norns the counterpart of the Greek Fates).

Plus Skuld is also a friggin’ Valkyrie!

Ok,all that said I would have to totally agree on most of the rest of that list.Though it should also be added that as far as is known Tenchi is the only hero of a harem comedy that also has two hot Galaxy Police Detectives semi-living with him,and I don’t think any other male character can say that.(Seina doesn’t count since he’s part of the

GP anyways.) tenchiahhhhhh

GaianKnight
      Participant
      We talking Mihoshi-Kyone Universe pair, or Mihoshi-Noike-OVA pair, there? Not including Mihoshi-Kiyone-Shin Tenchi pair, since, well, no one recognizes a universe with Sakuya in it.

Actually, I guess Tenchi has harems in four different universes now. Top that Keiichi! Tenchismile (Five if we include the manga, as separate from the OVA-verse. I don’t, but that’s moi. =^^= )

GregTheLion

GaianKnight wrote:

We talking Mihoshi-Kyone Universe pair, or Mihoshi-Noike-OVA pair, there? Not including Mihoshi-Kiyone-Shin Tenchi pair, since, well, no one recognizes a universe with Sakuya in it.

You know we don’t acknowledge her who is feared the most gendo1

Nil Admirari
      none

GaianKnight wrote:

Not including Mihoshi-Kiyone-Shin Tenchi pair, since, well, no one recognizes a universe with Sakuya in it.

sakuyafinger1

She’d argue differently.

GaianKnight
      Participant
      Oh fine, miss ‘you-know-who’ then. (The only one Tenchi has kissed btw…)

Do we acknowledge the other ‘miss-you-know-who’ from Tenchi Forever? (That has my favorite tenchi Muyo end song, by the way there too.)

And I’ll digress… tenchiahhhhhh

But that was a dream world she created for Tenchi,so does that even count?
      GaianKnight
      Participant
      Enough that not even Ryoko could wake him up from it, at first, Yosho had to go in and do it (and then Ryoko at the end end.)

Haruna is the Tenchi Matrix of that world. mmhmm1 (Oops, said the name. -Goes to sit in a carrot patch to be eaten alive by Ryo-ohkis.- )

😆

Actually my favorite part of the entire movie is the fact that we see Aeka and Ryoko actually working together for a change and showing how in fact despite the arguing and fighting,that deep down they really do like each other.

But don’t tell them I said it…I don’t wanna get beat up.

WisperG
      Here’s some cool fanart that I haven’t seen before. Was from a 90’s anime tribute exhibit back in June. The exhibit had all kinds of cool artwork from various artists, and covered everything from popular anime to really obscure stuff. Here’s the Facebook tag if anyone wants to peruse the rest of the artwork.

These feature more than just Tenchi himself, but since he is the centerpiece of these pics I figured they would go best in this thread.

This first one was drawn by Hannah Ayoubi, who is a storyboard artist for Nickelodeon.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1962692_10153408094007156_213714180634352450_n.jpg?oh=e1c0300efcec55c0a8444951cb53406c&oe=56B982B8" />

And this one by Jack Cusumano, who does color work for Disney Television Animation and formerly animation studio Titmouse. He also worked on Rick & Morty.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11020778_10104281639796372_4032945014902253497_n.jpg?oh=f938dba97745981623492c51af07f1b5&oe=56CA0B5E" />

soawesome1

But poor Tenchi in the first one it looks like Aeka is yelling at him instead of Ryoko.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I love the fact that Ms Rah is on top of that Ryo-Ohki whatever it is.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I love the fact that Ms Rah is on top of that Ryo-Ohki whatever it is.

Actually she is on the cave rock, Ryo-Ohki is sort of in the background

It’s hard to tell since Ryo-Ohki looks like the Cabbit That Ate Oklahoma City in that pic. Must be the perspective.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      http://users.ntplx.net/~bbarrett/LD-36.JPG" />

Praying in the first ep, which didn’t help in the long run to protect him

I think the scariest part was when he found Ryoko in his bed!
      Where’s the second pic from?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Where’s the second pic from?

Ai Tenchi Muyo ep 13 screencap

Ok.
      BrilliantBill
      Participant
      The first time I heard about him was when I was at a comic book store and I found a toy figure of him. I got latched onto him the moment I read in the box’s description that he had superpowers.

I was disappointed to see that the show isn’t what I wanted it to be. It would’ve been cool to have Tenchi as an action anime.

Almael
      Yes. Well, you see Tenchi is an old classic from the old days. There were all the great (show) names you certainly have heard of. Tenchi just found its own spot among them. That’s how it turned out and became what it is. It couldn’t be helped. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Otherwise I doubt there would be a TM universe.
      BrilliantBill
      Participant
      It was? Funny. I didn’t receive a lot of attention though. :/
      Well it was the ’90s and there were a lot of other classic animes coming out back then like these two shows called

Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z, so it was easy for Tenchi to get lost in the crowd.

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Maybe because it wasn’t so interesting enough.
      Looks interesting alright.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      that’s just an old pic with Tenchi wearing his TMiL battle suit
      BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Interesting.
      kiyonesmile1

That is too cute.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Really want an Okuda anime, even if it’s a 5 minute chibi ep
      That would be fun! mmhmm1

They should do the one where he’s split into multiple versions of his younger self and the girls have to go look for the indiviual Tenchis in order to put him back together again. That was fun!

SnowQueen
      Is he wearing a Galaxy Police uniform?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Seina?

Of course. ;)

SnowQueen
      Oooh i thought it was Tenchi wearing a GP uniform ^_^;; didn’t notice the band-aid till now. Lol
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Maybe that’s how the picture fits into April Fools? woooo1
Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.