Tenchi Manga

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Hey everybody this thread is for the discussion of the various Tenchi Muyo! manga series, most notably Hitoshi Okuda’s No Need for Tenchi, and All new Tenchi Muyo! series.

I’ve read both of these series and I absolutely loved them! They are a wonderful continuation of the OVA storyline and are very true to the characters we all know and love. I’m curious to see how many people on the forum have read these and enjoyed them enough to share their thoughts about them. If enough people have read these and are willing to talk about them Dagon has indicated this as a possible podcast topic in the future which would be awesome!

I’ll start:

My favorite thing about the Okuda manga was the amazing new characters that were introduced. My favorites include Minagi, a kind hearted clone of Ryoko, Yakage, Minagi’s Kagato-esque creator/father figure, and Yume, another one of Washu’s archrivals from the accademy.

My favorite story arc involved Ayeka getting a pet whom she becomes very attached to, but poachers are after. I wont spoil the story for anyone who hasent read it yet, but sufice it to say it’s a real tear jerker.

Alright now its your turn! Sound off on this amazing manga series, and if you havent read them yet I can send you some good links to them.

Viewing 262 reply threads
  • Replies
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I love them, but have to start re-reading because the storylines have gotten a bit fuzzy. I did like his version of TMIL and the one where Mihoshi fakes being engaged to Tenchi :) It’s cute. Most of my Tenchi manga are in Japanese… gave the English ones away.. how silly of me; I still can’t translate.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      I’ve loved both of Okuda’s two runs, No Need for Tenchi! and All-New Tenchi Muyo!. ^^v There are several good short stories scattered throughout the two productions, but here area couple that I’ve always kept close to my heart.

• 1) Minagi’s introductory arc (NNfT #1-2): the very first story. ^-^

2) Yume and the Shima Brothers (NNfT #4-6): ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA! m/

3) Ibara, lost guardian of the Nameless Tree (NNfT #9): Proto-Tenchi, the AWESOME. m/

4) Misaki and Funaho visit Earth (NNfT #10): so many touching mother/daughter scenes. T_T

5) Garyu kidnaps Ayeka and brainwashes her (NNfT #11-12): Tenchi vs Ayeka! Go!

6) The last story in the first run (NNfT #12): Tenchi==BADASS! ^o^

7) Dark Washu and Tama (ANTM #3-4): Battles + Minagi returns!

• I really like the content in ANTM #10, but I have had trouble acquiring #9. This I will remedy. >< Another visual interpretation of the series I’ve enjoyed was the short-lived Pioneer comics from the U.S. Tenchi received a six issue comic series with American art and original plot, based on Universe. The highlights include Nagi and Ken-Ohki appearing, as well as Ryoko being fused into a composite being named “Inferno”. Oh, and Mihoshi and Kiyone get fused into one body for a little while two. ^^; It wasn’t near the quality of Okuda’s manga, but it was entertaining. ^^v Scans exist on the OVA Ultimate encyclopedia DVD, though not very readable. I’ve found higher resolution scans online, years ago. ^^;

I loved the Tenchi manga, though that may just be because I’m such a big Tenchi fan! The artwork was great and I really liked some of the characters introduced in the manga, like Minagi (a real shame she vanished for so long after volume six of No Need for Tenchi). I do feel it was stronger in the story arcs running across one or more volumes, as opposed to the one-off or two part stories, as good as some of those were. And All New Tenchi Muyo was running out of steam towards the end I think – even more frustrating when the final few chapters really cut loose, and then it was all over! Plus a shame as it was the OVA universe that there was no Kiyone. That sounds like I’m griping a lot, but I really did enjoy both manga a lot.

My favourite story arcs are probably the whole Ryuten-Yume storyline which ran from volumes four to six of No Need for Tenchi, the ninth volume of No Need for Tenchi focusing on part of Ryoko’s past, and the Dark Washu saga in All New Tenchi Muyo which was startlingly grim at times. I just loved seeing the Tenchi characters in so many new stories really.

RedBoltCabbit
    Participant
    I really enjoyed reading the Tenchi manga. One of my favorite stories was when Sasami helped save an injured wolf.
    Kiyoka
    As entertaining as the actual series! Just like the series I could read it over and over. They share to me, almost the same value as the animations. (althought better than OAV 3 haha)

My favourite is a close tie between the Yume arc and the Ayeka’s pet one. The latter heavily inspiring me for my fic. It truley served as the essential core of the plot. If you care for spoilers, do not read the the paragraph below which is from the book.

A creature so dangerous and threatening to Jurai if abused could become a dangerous threat. All it is is a cute little creature that feeds on Jurai trees! It didn’t strike me as strange. It was interesting, and weird to know such a thing could be a threat. Its one of the, if not THE most secret of secrets on on Jurai.

Its just a shame the Hasegawa novels weren’t in manga form, or more Tenchi Universe stories in manga form. =(

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    I got into them relatively late (vol. 10?) in the first run, buying the monthly chapter issues Viz put out to comic book shops. Thankfully I had a local Waldenbooks that stocked the TPB’s and I eventually collected all the first editions. And Yume is OLEV (I always read her parts in Lisa Ortiz’s voice).
    Kiyami
    Participant
    none
    Not Tenchi, but I’ve got an English, first edition Vol. 1 El-Hazard manga.

Other favourite stories in the Tenchi Manga.. hmm.. in ANTM, I liked the story with Mihoshi and the… robber-lady. And when Mihoshi tried to get her license. There were a lot of good Mihoshi storylines in Okuda’s manga.

That was indeed an epic story,especially since it featured a character that looked a bit like Tenchi so that Ryoko didn’t

know which one to pick.I also liked Sasami and the wolf one;on the other hand the one with the raccoon dogs was

hilarious.But I think the one where Aeka finally gets to go on a date with Tenchi was drool worthy for all Aeka fans as

we got to see our fave Tenchi gal in a swimsuit!!!! 😆

evilpii
    Participant
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

But I think the one where Aeka finally gets to go on a date with Tenchi was drool worthy for all Aeka fans as

I like the part where the date is interrupted by thieves. Yes, she mad. />:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
</div></li>
<li>
<div id=

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

evilpii wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

But I think the one where Aeka finally gets to go on a date with Tenchi was drool worthy for all Aeka fans as

I like the part where the date is interrupted by thieves. Yes, she mad. />:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” /><e></p>
<p></e><br />
Yeah I really liked this one as well.</p>
<p>*EDIT* Someone actually made an excellent “motion comic” of this on Youtube <url url=here

Great selections everybody! I’m glad that so many people have enjoyed the manga and bring so many different favorite things to the conversation. Heres a new dirction for all of you to consider: Would you like to see the manga stories animated? If so, which ones do you think would work the best?

I’ll start. I would definately enjoy seeing certain stories from the manga animated. I think the story that was mentioned before with the ‘Unamed Tree” and it’s guardian who loved Ryoko would make an excellent special or TV movie, as it really puts Ryoko in an emotional crisis and delves deep into her character in a way that isnt seen very often.

I just know that there are more people here who have read the manga but havent posted yet, so dont be shy, we want to hear from you too.

evilpii
    Participant
    none

chucklocker wrote:

I think the story that was mentioned before with the ‘Unamed Tree” and it’s guardian who loved Ryoko would make an excellent special or TV movie, as it really puts Ryoko in an emotional crisis and delves deep into her character in a way that isnt seen very often.

I too like the Unnamed Tree arc from NNFT #9, and particularly enjoyed the character of Ibara. I always likened him to “adult Tenchi”, particularly as I read this before I saw TM!iL2. ^^; He also had a vibe much akin to the knights from Universe, which might have added to that feeling. Since the story is short, it could easily be an OVA or movie pretty easily.

This is probably a clear option, but the Yume/Bizen arc from NNFT #4-6 would make a season story arc very easily. ^^V It has a large cast of characters and draws from every character at some stage. It also highlights Minagi, which is always welcome. However, as such, Minagi’s introductory arc would have to animated first. ^^;

For another stand-alone arc or movie, I vote for Garyu’s appearance in NNFT #11-12. This one highlights Ayeka’s relationship with both Tenchi and Ryoko, which I believe isn’t as prominent in the anime as Ryoko’s side. Also, you get to see Tenchi quite angry with the wings. />:)” title=”>:)” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
</div></li>
<li>
<div id=

Yeah as mentioned most of the longer story arcs covering one volume or more would work very well in animated form, especially the Ryuten-Yume one.
    I agree with the Unnamed Tree story arch.That would be an excellent Ryoko story.

Though I think the Sasami story with the wolf would be a fun one too,as it gets into Sasami’s overall gentle personality.

Then the one with the raccoon dogs,as it would make for a great comedy/horror movie.Especially the way that Ryoko

scares the reporters off.

Oh and how about the time that Sasami goes on that Iron Chef type program or the one with the girl and the PI who are

investigating Tenchi?…You can probably pick out just about any story from the manga and say it be worthy of at least a

mini-movie.(For example the one about Ryoko going to work… 😆 )

Kiyoka
    If I had to pick then, the Yume arc should be animated!

I have 2 of the books beside me. I must re read them all again soon =3

I wish I had gotten more before they had gone OOP.
    They might still be cheap on Amazon Marketplace etc.
    jgzinv
    There’s places to find things, just depends on how long you want to wait and how much you can spend.
    Yeah.It also depends on what issue you might be looking for.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey guys, great posts! It seems we all pretty much agree on wanting the manga animated, and which arcs/stories we would like to see animated (now we just need get the production comapnies to take notice! ;) )

Anyway, let’s change it up again. One of my favorite things about the Okuda series’ was the original artwork on the title pages, both the colored covers and the individual chapter title pages. The artwork on these full page pics is top notch, and definately on par with the artwork from the show. They can be simply cute/sexy, or they can be beautiful and deep, and sometimes they manage to be all that and more at once! Here are a couple of my favorites!

http://www.anymanga.com/manga/tenchi-muyo/009/005/001.png" /> Wish we could see this outfit more often!

http://www.anymanga.com/manga/tenchi-muyo/010/006/001.png" /> You can never have enough Misaki!

Now it’s your turn to share your favorite title pics! If anyone dosent know where to find scans I used This Site for NNFT, and This Site for ANTM.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Time to bring this thread back from the great beyond! Thanks to everybody for posting in the past, and hopefully the summer months will offer everyone a chance to rediscover (or discover for the first time!) the wonderful world of Tenchi Manga! For those who want to read the manga, but dont know where to find it, fear not! Here are good links to the two Okuda Manga series:

No Need for Tenchi

All New Tenchi Muyo!

So there you have it, no one on this forum can now use the excuse of not being able to find it! So snap to it people! Go ahead and post here what you are reading, or anything you’d like to discuss.

Kiyoka
    Remember that part in the Yume saga where the black hawk wings emerged? Memory is a little fuzzy, but did they say it could destroy the galaxy they were in?

The black hawk wings intrigued me! I would love to see them spoken/shown more. Evil Kiyone + OAV = Black hawk wings? YESSSSS new pic!

jgzinv
    Ok we need an animated Okuda manga… end of story.

I count myself as a lesser tenchi fan that most anyone else here, but that was some great stuff.

About the only thing lacking in it was needed more Kiyone…

Most of the stuff we’ve been talking about in the podcasts that we wanted… it’s been done already in there….

Get to readin peoples.

evilpii
    Participant
    none

JGZinv wrote:

Ok we need an animated Okuda manga… end of story.

I count myself as a lesser tenchi fan that most anyone else here, but that was some great stuff.

About the only thing lacking in it was needed more Kiyone…

Most of the stuff we’ve been talking about in the podcasts that we wanted… it’s been done already in there….

Get to readin peoples.

Glad you think so, JG. ^^v Chuck, you have another convert. ^.^v

Kiyami
    Participant
    none
    Dear Okuda,

Please make more Tenchi manga, and somehow get everything animated. Also include Kiyone.

Sincerest,

Mittens

Ps. You do this, you get mannnnnnnnnny muffins.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    JG, you have made me extremely happy with your comment! I’m sooooooo glad that you finally got around to reading them, and that you enjoyed them so much! What was your favorite arc? I’m very curious to hear all your thoughts about this great series! And yes pii, I’m super glad to have a new convert! I agree that it would have been made perfect with more Kiyone, but what we did get of her was priceless! Mittens, I will gladly add my name to that letter!
    I think one of the best Okuda stories is the one where he reveals why Aeka loves Sasami’s carrot cake so much even though she hates carrots.It turns out to be rather poignant and links into Yosho’s disappearance.
    jgzinv
    I haven’t gotten through the ANTM… just the first book. Read all of NNFT though.
    I’d like to see them bring the manga back in a compiled format,you know two or more volumes in one.It seems to be the craze these days with everything from Inuyasha to Tokyo Mew Mew to Inukami.Not only that but I want to have the cover of the first compiled Tenchi manga to have a pic of Aeka in that bathing suit… 😆 iheartitplz
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

JGZinv wrote:

I haven’t gotten through the ANTM… just the first book. Read all of NNFT though.

That’s great JG! I’m glad that you are enjoying them so much! It’s been a while, but if I remember correctly I enjoyed the shorter stories from ANTM more than the longer arcs. Let us know if you find something that you particularly like, I’m sure that your insights will be most interesting!

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey everyone, I hope that summer is finding you all well. I recently re-read the final story from the NNFT series, the one where Ryoko and Tenchi are forced to confront Ryoko’s dark past. I think this small capstone story is one of the Okuda manga’s finest moments. Not only does it give us one of the most emotional and tender moments between these two characters, it also takes the series to its conclusion with extraordinary style and grace. They did not know at the time that the series would soon be picked up again as the ANTM! series, and the fact they they chose to bravely “go out” on such a high note shows not only a deep love for the subject material, but for the fans as well. It is this respect for the fans that is at the heart of the Okuda manga’s success, and I just want to thank Hitoshi Okuda, his staff, and the english translators and distributors for giving us such a high quality product.

What stories do you guys feel really capture the heart and soul of this great series?

jgzinv
    I’ve got like 3 or 4 books left in ANTM… gonna have to hold on those to watch movie 3 though for this weekend.
    I won’t be re-reading any of Tenchi manga for quite awhile.Sunday I am embarking on 7 weeks of

Inubaka:Crazy For Dogs.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Ok, this is seriously cool! I applaud this individual’s effort, and his choice of subject matter!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZX9jUweFc[/BBvideo]

I think this kind of thing is awesome! What do you guys think, would you like to see more of this kind of thing?

Kiyoka

chucklocker wrote:

What stories do you guys feel really capture the heart and soul of this great series?

Well, the heart of Tenchi is the comedy, and coming out stronger after a crisis. The one with the nameless tree is a good example, but I really do need to re read the manga as my memory is hazy now!

Also, despite Ayeka not being one of my favourites… that story is sweet where she gets a date ^^

Ah!Yes!The one that puts Aeka in a swimsuit! 😆

Any story is good where we get to see Aeka in a swimsuit! iheartitplz

shadbomb77
    Chuck! Thanks so much for getting me hooked on these. Im currently on Volume 3 of the first series you linked me too. Like we were saying before, its just like watching new Tenchi stuff. Exactly what I wanted, new Tenchi stuff with the same great roots. I had a quick question though. In the first and second volume they all fight a guy named Yakage, he mentions a few times that he is testing Tenchi (the sword and him) and that Kagato was one of the tests. So these stories take place in he Universe timeline or OVA1? Also, does this is also suggest that it is after Tenchi had fought with Kagato?
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey Shadi, thanks for reading the manga, and I am very glad that you are enjoying it. The manga is based solidly in the OVA continuity (at first lol). The first couple volumes were released right after OVA 1 finished and take place right after the fight with Kagato. At some point the story will switch to sometime after OVA 2 and thats when things start diverging from the OVA storyline, because for years there was no OVA 3 but the manga just kept on going and making up its own stories.
    shadbomb77
    I love this breaking of the 4th wall. Washu has some great moments so far!

*Washu puts on a scary mask* “This chapter was getting too serious” Hilarious!

Washu “This is what you call a happy ending”

Ryoko “Cut that out! Why are you summarizing the story for us?”

“Does’nt this worry you Tsunami?”

“Oh its no big deal. Sammy will manage somehow, we will see in the next issue”

Ryoko “Follow my lead Ayeka After all this is my only bit in this issue”

crosseyedclapplz

Just finished Volume 3. Still good so far!

shadbomb77 wrote:

I love this breaking of the 4th wall. Washu has some great moments so far!

*Washu puts on a scary mask* “This chapter was getting too serious” Hilarious!

Washu “This is what you call a happy ending”

Ryoko “Cut that out! Why are you summarizing the story for us?”

“Does’nt this worry you Tsunami?”

“Oh its no big deal. Sammy will manage somehow, we will see in the next issue”

Ryoko “Follow my lead Ayeka After all this is my only bit in this issue”

crosseyedclapplz

Just finished Volume 3. Still good so far!

😆

Yeah they do alot of 4th Wall breaking down in the manga.In one chapter they refer back to the

first OVA and the fact that Ryoko has no taste buds.Literally she can eat anything because she lacks

taste buds.She cons Aeka into eating something that’s totally sour because Aeka forgot that fact.

Llwchwr
    Just finished reading the manga now, thanks so much for the links to the sites, why they didn’t just use those instead of OVA 3 is beyond me.
    Eh!Who knows?
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Llwchwr wrote:

Just finished reading the manga now, thanks so much for the links to the sites, why they didn’t just use those instead of OVA 3 is beyond me.

Hey thanks for reading the manga! So, what are your thoughts about some of the things we have discussed here before? What was your favorite story, your favorite new character etc.? Anyway, I’m glad that you enjoyed them! As to why they didn’t use these for OVA3 that’s above my pay-grade :Cheeks:

But more importantly what was your favorite catfight sequence? 😆

This is what Ryoko and Aeka seem to always to do in the manga: :fight:

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey guys, thanks again for all of the awesome posts and observations you all have made in this thread. Way back in March when I started this thread, I had the goal of creating a place where fans of the manga could talk about all the cool things the manga has to offer, and to advertise the manga to fans who haven’t yet read it. You guys have been great in both respects, and I am proud to announce that third goal I laid out for this thread back in March is soon to be achieved: a Manga Podcast! This will be a great opportunity for fans of the manga to discuss it in a fun and informative setting, but also to bring in untold numbers of new readers! Thank you guys for helping make this possible!

So now I once again open it up to you, who here would be interested in participating in the podcast, and what topics do you think we should cover?

I think one interesting topic for a podcast would be how the manga deviates from the anime.
    Kiyoka
    Discuss.. umm.. how the characters were portrayed (personally the touchy feely scenes were over the top slightly I felt), the plot compared to OAV and maybe TU. Things that SHOULD be considered OAV, like which stories are deserving?

AND KIYONE! WE NEEDED HER! 0n0plz

One of the funniest stories involves Tsunami trying to teach Ryoko a lesson about her sake consumption.It includes a sake drinking obstacle course race.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    I loved that one Mitsuki Lover! She handled her first hangover exactly how I would have expected her to :Cheeks: I also liked how easy it was for her to trick Ayeka into getting wasted. This was a cute little one-off story that showed us a side of Tsunami that we don’t see all that often: Tsunami the troll!
    What I loved about that was the fact that Tsunami can be such a practical joker,I wonder if that has something to do with her bonding with Sasami.What I mean is,I wonder if Sasami has some how humanized

Tsunami more than she’d otherwise be.

BTW:It’s interesting to note in ep.2 of OVA 1 Sasami does act the little prankster. 😆

Kiyoka
    Ah that story was indeed funny. When I first read it was misitfied.. and weirded out by the fact there’s a sake sage?!

It was amusing though seeing acompetition around Sake!

But of course the real kicker was at the end when the true identity of said Sake Sage is revealed!
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Indeed, that was a great reveal! I love the little stories like this one. This particular one is one that I think would make an excellent funny little short animated special.
    If you’re lucky you can still find one or two volumes of the manga still avaible on the internet.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Luck is not so much a factor as boredom. If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can easily find all of the English Manga volumes on sites such as Amazon, Rightstuf, and Ebay. And of course there is our resident finder of manga: JGZinv! He has acquired many sets of material far rarer than the manga. I hope to get a complete set in hard copy some day, but for now I will make due with the links :D
    jgzinv
    Indeed I can find stuff….
    Kiyoka
    Tommorow I will be getting my Tenchi manga out of the loft! Why did I put it up there 5 months ago? Tsk.. 0n0plz
    I have a bit of other reading mangawise to do before I get back to Aeka’s favorite human boyfriend. 😆
    Kiyoka
    more than anything I think the mangas give a great oppertunity for fanfic writters. Which plots could you add on to? Which could you write in more detail, or even fill in plot holes?

I am so eager to re-read the Yume arc. That was well worthy of spanning 3 books. Animate it I say! It was genius!

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    I totally get that Kiyoka! Indeed, the vibrancy and uniqueness of many of the manga’s stories lends very strongly to the creative tendencies of fanfic authors. I suppose that it speaks to the imagination of the reader who instinctively wonders about every last detail of the story. I think it not only reflects well on the quality of the writer, but also on the quality of the audience, both of whom clearly respect each other greatly.
    🙂
    julia
    Sorry I’m a bit of a n00b on this forum, so if I posted this in the wrong place please forgive me…

So, I think TokyoPop is trying to rebuild itself in North America! I found a Twitter, @TOKYOPOPmanga , and I’ve been tweeting to them about possible series they might be able to publish. I inquired about Tenchi Muyo, and I got a tweet back saying “Tenchi Muyo is a possibility if enough fans want it.” :D

I sadly don’t own a lot. NnfT 1 and Sasami Stories. Is there much demand for the manga here? I would personally want it, I don’t come across enough at Half Price books :( I once found NnfT 1~4 for 1$ piece! but sadly they were ruined :( I have a better control on my collection now ;) I thought Viz had it, but if it’s a possibility :D I thought you guys might like to know : ) :Tenchismile:

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey this is certainly a great possibility! I can assure you that there is definitely a lot of us here who love the manga and would love to see it re-released! Take a look through this very thread for evidence of how much we like the manga! Feel free to join the discussion whenever you want!

Welcome to the TM! Manga fan club :Tenchismile:

julia
    Well, I am about to leave ^^; I don’t know how to edit threads, but is it possible to move my response and delete this thread(can a mod do it for me)? Or just delete it and I can post in it later, I don’t mind, I have to get going >< but thank you so much! :D I’ll be back in a few hours XD
    julia
    I apologize for being a bother, but thank you so much for moving my posts :) I just scored NnfT vol. 4 for 2$ at half price! Yeah! lol I couldn’t pass it up :)
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Don’t worry about it Julia, it’s all good 🙂

Anyway, great pickup of NNFT vol. 4! I myself will be trying to find them all in hard copy sometime soon. I hope that your hypothesis that Tokyopop might pick up the manga turns out to be true, cause that would make my task a lot easier! :Cheeks:

So, have you read much of the manga? If so, what is your favorite story?

:?

I thought Tokyopop went out of buisness are they still around or were they revived?

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    They closed their US publishing branch, but the rest of the company was unaffected.
    Oh,so they were originally Mixx.I’ve got vol.2 and 3 of Sailor Moon SuperS manga that they published before they changed the name to Tokyopop.
    julia
    If we email or tweet them, I think it’s a good possibility they will pick it up! :D I asked for a bunch of other TP titles and the person told me that other publishers had them now, but she said the Tenchi manga were a possibility if people wanted them enough :D

Tokopop DID close in the US, BUT I believe it’s coming back, at least that’s what I get from reading this twitter https://twitter.com/TOKYOPOPManga . I asked if rising Stars could come back, and the person told me it would take too much $$ to do at the moment. (Hey, if Toonami came back…. anything is possible right?:) but try emailing them or tweeting or facebooking. When I was asking about manga (like, I asked if they could get Mars or Kodocha) and they told me other people have the publishing rights for it now. It was all under the context of them opening up back here, so I think they are :)

chucklocker , I’ve read most of the manga :> I used to get like, 30 books a week from the library back in elementary and middle school, and you can bet I picked up the Tenchi they had XD Honestly, my favorites are the little fan club letters at the end of Sasami stories lol! I love them, they are so cute!! :D What is your favorite? :>

It be nice if the Tenchi manga did make a come back.I certainly would love to pick up more.Since Sailor Moon has made a come back anything’s possible.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

julia wrote:

chucklocker , I’ve read most of the manga :> I used to get like, 30 books a week from the library back in elementary and middle school, and you can bet I picked up the Tenchi they had XD Honestly, my favorites are the little fan club letters at the end of Sasami stories lol! I love them, they are so cute!! :D What is your favorite? :>

That’s really cool that your library had them! I like the fan club letters as well. My favorite stories would have to be the one with Ayeka’s pet (so sad 😥 ), the one with the warrior from Ryoko’s past who guards the “nameless” juraian tree, and the whole Yume arc. For the most part I tend to prefer the shorter, more intimate/funny stories over the longer arcs. That being said, my favorite new characters are ones like Minagi and Yume that are introduced in the longer, more “epic” arcs, but show up later in the cuter stories. I think it adds depth to their characters.

Lighthawk93
    It was awsome, just saying
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Lighthawk93 wrote:

It was awsome, just saying

Indeed the manga is awesome! Do you have a favorite story or character Lighthawk?

Lighthawk93
    I did like the last chapters of each of the mangas. If I had to pick my favorite new character it would be Minagi. What about you Chuck?
    My favorite new manga character would be the handicapped girl who could see Tsunami because she had such a pure heart.
    Lighthawk93
    it was really sad to see what happened to her 😥
    Yes,but then the twist at the end with the other girl.
    Lighthawk93
    That indeed was quite a twist, i wasn’t expecting that
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Yeah, I too really liked that small story arc. It was sad, but still inspirational, especially to those who have ever dreamed of writing (and let’s face it, that’s most of us!). Looking back, I suppose that I really enjoyed the sadder stories more than some of the cuter ones. I liked the depth and emotion that they conveyed, as well as the moving messages contained in them. Call me a softy, but I enjoy a good tear jerker every once in a while awesomenessplz
    Hey I have a random probably stupid question (if it is a stupid question please feel free to slap me with a fish)

Anywho i’m a fan of 4-koma stuff, I know theres some Tenchi 4-koma’s out there, so i’ve been trying to find some translated scans online *yes i’m being abit naughty here* I’ve found some Tenchi 4-koma stuff, but I don’t know if the ones I have found are legit 4-koma comics or fan works, If I post em, would the Tenchi masters here help me out?

Anonymous

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Hey I have a random probably stupid question (if it is a stupid question please feel free to slap me with a fish)

Anywho i’m a fan of 4-koma stuff, I know theres some Tenchi 4-koma’s out there, so i’ve been trying to find some translated scans online *yes i’m being abit naughty here* I’ve found some Tenchi 4-koma stuff, but I don’t know if the ones I have found are legit 4-koma comics or fan works, If I post em, would the Tenchi masters here help me out?

Of course! I know of a few 4 koma’s that are translated, but always feel free to ask any questions, if we don’t know it, nobody does, lol coolguyshadesplz

Dagon123 wrote:

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Of course! I know of a few 4 koma’s that are translated, but always feel free to ask any questions, if we don’t know it, nobody does, lol coolguyshadesplz

OK thanks. First off, some MihoKiyo stuff …..all of which use the most obvious joke one can use for these two. XD

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5dtoqb.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2iw84np.jpg

http://oi50.tinypic.com/etipoz.jpg

Ayeka scares me sometimes.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ch95q9.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/9azp6a.jpg

No Need For Misunderstandings…Right Tenchi!?

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2mn1uoj.jpg

And Finally I have no Idea whats going on in these as I do not Speak Japanese, but Sasami does not look too happy.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2s8ir94.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2iaqvz6.jpg

So yeah anyone know what any of these are from? Or are they just random fan-comics!? Again any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    Judging from the translations, I’d say there’s been a case of the Punistation’s. 😉

I’m guessing most are from the “Tenchidon” book. (sorry, the wayback machine doesn’t handle images well)

Nobuyuki wrote:

Judging from the translations, I’d say there’s been a case of the Punistation’s. 😉

I’m guessing most are from the “Tenchidon” book. (sorry, the wayback machine doesn’t handle images well)

Hmm I see, interesting. But yeah thanks for the help. Tenchidon eh…. *adds to list of Tenchi releated merch to hunt down, despite the fact he cannot read Japanese*

Such a shame 4koma stuff hardly ever gets brought over to the states (unless thats what the main book was like ala K-ON & Lucky Star)

…Still hoping against all odds that VIZ will release the new BLEACH 4-Koma series in the states, I mean its published in a sheishusha book for petes sake…same thing goes for the comedy based DB & Naruto spin-offs. Get on it VIZ!

Back on topic… anyone know a good online store where a guy can find OOP manga for a sane price? People are scalping the Tenchi Manga hard on Amazon. *Bloody Scalpers! 👿 *

…..and with that my rambling is done.

Lighthawk93
    Tenchi’s dad is drooling all over himself right now,lol
    Nobuyuki
    Participant

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Hmm I see, interesting. But yeah thanks for the help. Tenchidon eh…. *adds to list of Tenchi releated merch to hunt down, despite the fact he cannot read Japanese*

Back on topic… anyone know a good online store where a guy can find OOP manga for a sane price? People are scalping the Tenchi Manga hard on Amazon. *Bloody Scalpers! 👿 *

Maybe? (never dealt with ’em)

Lighthawk93
    I hate when they shife you on amazon
    @Nob: Thank you kind sir, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that myself, yes I have used Anime books once before, they take awhile to make the delivery but they are reliable, I’ll defiantly snatch that baby up as soon as I have the $$$! Thanks for the link!

@Lighthawk
    : Yeah people online love to scalp fans of all shapes & sizes doesn’t matter if its anime, sci-fi, videogames, hell even My Little Pony…. scalpers have no hearts…they only care about the $$$. The monsters.

Lighthawk93
    They are more horrid than ova 3
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Great finds there SM! and thank you Nobuyuki for the info! I have seen more of these little guys floating around on the interwebs and they’re almost always hilarious! I wish that we had seen more of these make it over to the English speaking world, perhaps tucked in the front and back of the Okuda mangas or something. Although they are so short, and the style is pretty generic, that I bet it wouldn’t be hard at all for such comics to be made locally.
    Lighthawk93
    Maybey they will be on this website chuck
    @chuck: Thanks, i’d like to find more though, there pretty fun reads…. even if they mostly just do perpetuate/enforce our subconscious thoughts of the cast.

Dang it 4koma, now my Yuri-detector is gonna go off even more for MihoKiyo Stuff.! And I am also arguably now even more scared of Ayeka then I already was XD.

But ahh in all seriousness, its always neat to find translated 4komas for your favorite series online, I may have to resort to doing the same for Bleach if VIZ passes on the chance to release its new 4koma manga stateside. * Although i’m still holding on to the small hope that since they released Color BLEACH: official bootleg we might have a shot at a stateside release of it.

http://www.manga-news.com/public/images/vols/bleach-4-koma-komaburi-01-shueisha.jpg

Anywho getting back to the topic of Tenchi Manga…

While searching for places to buy Tenchi Manga I came upon this site, actually has some used volumes for decent prices! May have to give it a go when I can.

http://www.powells.com/s?kw=Tenchi&class=

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Hey, thanks for the info and post SM! I have been meaning to try and compile a list of places to get a hold of the manga, and this is one of the best sources I’ve seen! Hopefully their stock is big enough to supply all of us or else things could get interesting around here :Cheeks:

Lol, I kid of course. I’m sure that there’s enough copies of these things out there for all of us!

P.S. I see that they have Tenchi roleplaying books there as well. Most interesting….

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

OK thanks. First off, some MihoKiyo stuff …..all of which use the most obvious joke one can use for these two. XD

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5dtoqb.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2iw84np.jpg

http://oi50.tinypic.com/etipoz.jpg

Ayeka scares me sometimes.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ch95q9.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/9azp6a.jpg

No Need For Misunderstandings…Right Tenchi!?

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2mn1uoj.jpg

And Finally I have no Idea whats going on in these as I do not Speak Japanese, but Sasami does not look too happy.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2s8ir94.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2iaqvz6.jpg

So yeah anyone know what any of these are from? Or are they just random fan-comics!? Again any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

I think at least one of those (the one you label No Need for Misunderstandings) is by Kiyohiko Azuma, who did some Tenchi dojinshi amongst other things before he went on to do the brilliant Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&!

Lighthawk93
    I never knew they made tenchi roleplaying books. *starts looking for the best prices and places to get costumes and accessories*
    Nobuyuki
    Participant

charliepanayi wrote:

I think at least one of those (the one you label No Need for Misunderstandings) is by Kiyohiko Azuma, who did some Tenchi dojinshi amongst other things before he went on to do the brilliant Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&!

Yep.

Azuma did quite a few comics for AIC & Pioneer. Pretty sure they were originally published in AIC’s “Comic Love” magazine.

Lighthawk93
    Looks like I have some research to do. TO THE LAB!!! Haha
    jgzinv
    Harls you’re wrong on one for a change… :Cheeks:

Kiyohiko Azuma’s works were published in Azumanga One (OOP) which were largely rereleased in Azumanga Recycle. Then there was another one put out Azumanga Two. They covered most of the main AIC series.

AIC Comic Love was a different publication altogether, though there’s some “Crossover” type similarities.

I have all of AIC Love and Azumanga Two….

Some examples:

http://animeartbookonline.com/azumanga-recycle-manga-japanese-kiyohiko-azuma.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kiyohiko-Azuma-Works-Azumanga-Two-Tenchi-Muyo-Yotsuba-/271021019616

http://heranbago.com/azumanga%20two/

4Koma and related comics are throughout the AIC Club and other AIC books. As well as DVD covers, and so on.

Nobuyuki
    Participant

JGZinv wrote:

Harls you’re wrong on one for a change…

I have all of AIC Love and Azumanga Two….

Well cool, “ask the man who owns one” and all that. 😉

Thanks for the correction.

Lighthawk93
    Is there anywhere in America where you can buy them in a store?
    jgzinv
    Not to my knowledge, there’s a few anime stores in CA and NY where they have the main distributor hubs.

Mostly you’d be lucky to see it at a convention due to the age.

Manga are fairly easy to find, AIC Love is whenever you can find one floating around on auction (though I have a couple for sale) and there’s one or two places that have vol.1. The Azumanga books like everything have been OOP a long while. They just about as hard to find as the Loves… not quite but close.

AIC Clubs and AIC Press, are… kinda moderate. Not really unusual to see them floating around.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Yeah but youre going to have to look VERY hard for them and you can bet that you wont find all of them. Also you wont find any of what the guys above are talking about, only the Okuda Manga. If that is what you are looking for the I would suggest hitting the used book stores, library used book sales, and otherwise non-mainstreet book dealers (no barnes and noble). Of course to actually stand the best shot at getting your hands on them you need to look around ebay.com and amazon.com marketplace.
    Lighthawk93
    Guess I’ll start there
    You never know what you can find at Friends of the Library sales.I once picked up a 1950 era copy of

The Book of Mormon at one of ours.So depending on the size of your library who might want to also keep that in mind.

Lighthawk93
    never thought they did that at a library
    Well it’s not just old library books that they want to get rid of,people also bring in books and DVDs that

they want to get rid of as well.

Lighthawk93
    Ah, i see. I’ll have to check the libraries in my area then
    Good hunting there!
    Lighthawk93
    There aren’t that many in my city though
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    With the influx of new potential converts….. I mean new members :Cheeks: I feel it’s time to get this thread back up there and on track!

With the Manga tenchicast, which will be on the Okuda manga series, rapidly approaching, I thought I’d see what you guys think should be some of the major focuses you’d like to see in the cast. The actual questions will of course be composed by the big man himself as usual, but the tone and focus of the cast is always determined by the people themselves and the answers they give. So with that in mind, I want to know what you guys want to hear from the cast: focus on story, compare/contrast with anime, whatever.

I for one will be using my time in front of the mic to do my best to sell this great series to the larger Tenchi fandom. My mission has always been to spread awareness of what I consider to be the “Forgotten Series” of Tenchi Muyo. You can bet I will be hitting the selling points hard throughout the cast, like quality plots, good characterization/new characters, and fun one-off stories. My focus will be more towards the fans who no little or nothing about the manga, so I wont be delving too deeply into the complexities of plots or characters.

Now it’s your turn. What do you guys want out of this cast? I would love to hear everybody’s perspective, so even if you haven’t read the manga feel free to let us know what you would like to learn from this cast!

evilpii
    Participant
    none

chucklocker wrote:

You can bet I will be hitting the selling points hard throughout the cast, like quality plots, good characterization/new characters, and fun one-off stories.

I second supporting characterization and new characters. The manga introduced a host of new characters, such as Minagi and Ibara, who were cool without overshadowing the core cast. Also, the characterization of the core cast was probably as good as or better than their depictions in the anime medium.

Naming some good arcs might be good if you’re not going deep into plot. I believe this thread already has a list of “favorite manga arcs” to reference. ^^v

Nerevar
    Participant
    I have a request for a manga. SHUFFLE.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Nerevar wrote:

I have a request for a manga. SHUFFLE.

Are you requesting a specific manga, or something else? Here are links to the No Need For Tenchi and All New Tenchi Muyo series’.

Lighthawk93
    Thank goodness for online books and manga
    WisperG
    Honestly, I’m not fond of online manga scanlations (and by extension unofficial anime streams and fansubs) because, y’know… its illegal.
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

WisperG wrote:

Honestly, I’m not fond of online manga scanlations (and by extension unofficial anime streams and fansubs) because, y’know… its illegal.

I agree with you WisperG, but both series’ have been out of print for almost 10 years, and as far as I have been able to determine Viz’s copyright of both series has lapsed. Unless I am very mistaken, that means that both series are now in the public domain. While it isn’t prohibitively hard to acquire hard copies, it is certainly a real pain in the butt, and until someone re-licenses them then online scans are the only practical way that this series can be discovered by new readers. Let me know if I’m wrong anywhere here, because I certainly don’t want to be seen encouraging illegal activity.

Nobuyuki
    Participant

chucklocker wrote:

WisperG wrote:

I agree with you WisperG, but both series’ have been out of print for almost 10 years, and as far as I have been able to determine Viz’s copyright of both series has lapsed. Unless I am very mistaken, that means that both series are now in the public domain.

I wouldn’t go that far. While true that Viz’s license to publish has expired and returned to Kadokawa, Kadokawa still hold the rights to the original work. Public domain’s a couple generations down the line, if ever.

Quote:

While it isn’t prohibitively hard to acquire hard copies, it is certainly a real pain in the butt, and until someone re-licenses them then online scans are the only practical way that this series can be discovered by new readers. Let me know if I’m wrong anywhere here, because I certainly don’t want to be seen encouraging illegal activity.

It can’t be helped. 😉

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Ah, Ok this is turning into a real education for me lol!

Anyway, Kadokawa serves only Japan if I’m not mistaken, and these were officially translated by Viz for the western market right? Doesn’t that mean that Kadokawa only holds the original Japanese versions’ copyright, while the English versions are a separate property and are currently unheld?

EDIT: Also, how do we know that Kadokawa’s license hasn’t expired either? I tried searching through their site (courtesy of google translate) but I couldn’t find out one way or the other…

Nobuyuki
    Participant

chucklocker wrote:

Ah, Ok this is turning into a real education for me lol!

Anyway, Kadokawa serves only Japan if I’m not mistaken, and these were officially translated by Viz for the western market right? Doesn’t that mean that Kadokawa only holds the original Japanese versions’ copyright, while the English versions are a separate property and are currently unheld?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

Even though Viz’s license lapsed, the copyright on their translated manga is still in effect.

Keep in mind however, that there’s a shittonne of stuff on this website that falls into violating the letter of the law. 😉

Don’t worry about it and let one do as he feels comfortable.

Lighthawk93
    Are there any more maga coming out or is there only going to be the two series?
    Nobuyuki
    Participant
    ^ That’s it for the foreseen future. The series ended back in 2006.
    Lighthawk93
    Darn, I would like to see “what if” series, that would be interesting

Nobuyuki wrote:

chucklocker wrote:

WisperG wrote:

I agree with you WisperG, but both series’ have been out of print for almost 10 years, and as far as I have been able to determine Viz’s copyright of both series has lapsed. Unless I am very mistaken, that means that both series are now in the public domain.

I wouldn’t go that far. While true that Viz’s license to publish has expired and returned to Kadokawa, Kadokawa still hold the rights to the original work. Public domain’s a couple generations down the line, if ever.

Japanese copyright doesn’t work the same as US copyright. Under Japanese copyright laws the publisher forfeits claim to any title out of print, while the rights revert to the original author. Also with any copyright claim, Japanese publishers must first get written permission from the author before seeking legal action.

Over the last year or two, Japanese publishers have been working to change this and add additional stipulations, awarding a percentage of any additional royalties to editors, etc involved in the creation process. Which means even less royalties to struggling mangakas. And will force mangakas to stick with their original publisher for any additional reprints, giving the publisher even more negotiation power. 😥

Kiyoka
    I think we need a TU manga bth_kiyonespritegif.

I wouldn’t “mind” if it wasn’t Okuda, so long as the artist is similar.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Kiyoka wrote:

I think we need a TU manga bth_kiyonespritegif.

I wouldn’t “mind” if it wasn’t Okuda, so long as the artist is similar.

Well, there was the American TU manga series, but yeah………. let’s not go there! lol.

Anyway, I could see a TU manga working out well. I think the OVA universe lends itself better to the manga genre, but the TU universe introduces a lot of new characters and concepts that were left unexplored. I think a TU manga would be most beneficial in that it would show us the TU universe more in its own element, instead of largely being viewed through the lens of the OVA like it sort of was in the animation. Sadly, however, unless they decide to make a sequel TU series I don’t think that we’re likely to see a TU manga. It’s a great thought to sink your brain into though, I must admit! What do you guys think?

Lighthawk93
    If they do make a TU manga, I would like to see it start at the end of episode 26. Anyone else?
    Anonymous
    So I decided to (finally) start the Manga, and originally I was going to hold off on posting until I got through the first series, but after only 1 volume in, all I have to say is

Why wasn’t this ever animated? lol Why? In 1 volume its impressed me on a whole number of levels, both bluntly and subtlely that I can’t help but think “Why is this not still in print?” I know this is only the beginning too, man, why did I wait so long to read this? lol happyblueplz

evilpii
    Participant
    none

Dagon123 wrote:

Why wasn’t this ever animated? lol Why? In 1 volume its impressed me on a whole number of levels, both bluntly and subtlely that I can’t help but think “Why is this not still in print?” I know this is only the beginning too, man, why did I wait so long to read this? lol happyblueplz

Chuck, you have gained another convert. [nagi3]

bkev
    Man, I would’ve liked to read the American comic of only for posterity’s sake. Quenching Inferno? hm…
    jgzinv
    Yeah the manga really is a work onto it’s own and fixes a lot of the shortcomings of the OVA and simply does a much better job overall of introducing new characters and keeping the core cast the core cast while still having plausible problems.

:Tenchismile:

You get a bit further into it and you’ll see where KM had to have copied from it as a way to get back at Okuda for all his poking at the OVA. Yet he still managed to screw it up lol.

My only gripe was Ryoko being often referred to as a manufactured thing, like a robot. As a Ryoko fan that kinda bites the bum cheeks. The second series ending is kinda funky as well.

Really need to run through this again too sometime along with ISM and GXP before the con. Arrgh… need a time distortion field!

Nobuyuki
    Participant

JGZinv wrote:

You get a bit further into it and you’ll see where KM had to have copied from it as a way to get back at Okuda for all his poking at the OVA. Yet he still managed to screw it up lol.

Oh, do go on. :ghost:

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Dagon123 wrote:

I know right!!! Lol, now you know why I’ve been so obsessed getting you all to read them! I CAN’T WAIT to hear what you think about the characters and stories as you progress through!

Nobuyuki wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

Oh, do go on. :ghost:

There are definitely some things in the manga that mirror the OVA and vice versa. I’m not up enough on the dates to know which ideas came first, but I think they definitely were aware of each others work. I don’t know if it’s entirely fair to say that Kajishima straight up copied Okuda, but I definitely think that there are a few elements that he picked up from the manga and put his own twist on. I don’t have the time to dig through the series’ and find specific examples at the moment, but I remember JG having a few offhand. This would make for a good conversation line all on its own, so let’s see where it goes!

Kiyoka

bkev wrote:

Man, I would’ve liked to read the American comic of only for posterity’s sake. Quenching Inferno? hm…

You’ll regret it bth_kiyonespritegif.

Nobuyuki
    Participant

chucklocker wrote:

This would make for a good conversation line all on its own, so let’s see where it goes!

Exactly. My curiosity is genuine, but tinged with skepticism. 😉

Yugi12

Dagon123 wrote:

So I decided to (finally) start the Manga, and originally I was going to hold off on posting until I got through the first series, but after only 1 volume in, all I have to say is

I’m kind of surprised that you of all people waited so long Dagon. 😆

Personally I really enjoyed reading the Tenchi manga. I love the manga characters especially Minagi.

Okuda’s art style makes the characters look really cute.

I wonder if we shall ever see a reprint of the manga or any rescue from the abyss of OOPdom.
    Unlikely to get another printing I would imagine, I’m clinging on to my copies!
    Yugi12

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wonder if we shall ever see a reprint of the manga or any rescue from the abyss of OOPdom.

Sadly I don’t think that there’s much interest in the Tenchi manga anymore. Viz’s license also has probably expired by now, and I can’t see them renewing the rights.

In order for there to be enough interest we would need to get Tenchi back on TV again. And when I say Tenchi I mean Classic Tenchi(OVA 1&2, Tenchi Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo)that aired on Toonami.

I know that right now Toonami is showing Tenchi GXP but that really isn’t what the fans want.

I’ve had my issues with VIZ since they cancelled the Full Moon DVDs. 👿

So no chance of any other publisher picking up the manga then?

Too bad.A lot of people are missing a good thing then.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Someone previously posted in this thread that they had heard rumors of some other company was thinking of picking up the Okuda series’ if I remember correctly. Anyway, I have no experience whatsoever with VIZ or any other manga distributor, so I can’t say what I think the chances are of this series getting re-released, but I can only imagine that the rise in Tenchi awareness due to the FUNI re-releases can only help our cause.

Anyway, I apologize to you Nobuyuki, it seems that your questions kinda got plowed under the holiday season rush. I was kind of hoping that JG or someone else who has read the manga more recently than I have would jump in and answer your questions, but JG is understandably busy working on his super awesome SECRET PROJECT, so he is forgiven lol. Anyway, when I next re-read the manga I will make a note to compile a list of elements that I feel inspired Kajishima and vice versa.

Anyway, I hope that the new year brings lots of good times for my fellow Tenchi manga fans, and hopefully lots of new readers!

Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

So no chance of any other publisher picking up the manga then?

Too bad.A lot of people are missing a good thing then.

In any industry, money can change a lot of things, lol so never say there isn’t a chance (Unless you’re dealing with Harmony Gold 😆 )

But more to the point, one thing I would love to see is Omnibus volumes

Ah!Yes!An omnibus version would be rather nice.I have the complete omnibus version of Mamotte Shugogetten and volumes 1 and 3 of the Tokyo Mew Mew omnibus as well as volume 1 of the Gunsmith

Cats omnibus.I can attest from these that getting a Tenchi Omnibus would be a real bang for the buck,as

you get 2 or more volumes for the price of 1. 😎

One question I have would a Tenchi Omnibus be cheaper or more expensive to produce than just an

ordinary manga?

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Dagon123 wrote:

But more to the point, one thing I would love to see is Omnibus volumes

Hey, now there’s an idea! I hadn’t thought of that before, but it would certainly make it A LOT easier for us fans to get a hold of the entire series cheaply and legally! I haven’t the faintest idea of what it would take for this to happen, but I would venture that now, with the re-emergence of Tenchi in the larger anime fandom, is probably the best time for it to happen until Kajishima’s new Tenchi material (POSSIBLY) hits the western market.

If we can get a revival of the Sailor Moon manga we certainly can hopefully get a revival of the Tenchi

manga as well.Anything is possible,as long as there is a publisher in either the U.S. or Canada that be

willing to license it.

Now as far as the actual price of a omnibus manga,depending on the size it could be any where from

between $12.99 to $19.99(I checked both my Tokyo Mew Mew omnibus editions and one of my

Mamotte Shugogetten omnibus editions and that was pretty much the price range.)

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Just a last heads up to everyone here: The long awaited Manga podcast will be held today at 5:00PM EASTERN TIME! Thank you to everyone who’s contributed here, and now is our chance to introduce the manga to the wider fandom! There are still some spots open if you wish to join us as we discuss this great series, just reply here, the “Tenchicast” thread, or shoot me a PM and we’ll get you all set up. Thanks again to all of you for making this possible, and I look forward to continuing our great discussions about this great manga!
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    It’s a bit late, I know, but I want to thank everybody who turned out for the Manga cast! It was without a doubt the best cast the forum has done yet, and I have high hopes that it will bring in more people to the Manga! In case any of you missed the announcement in the podcast section, here is the full thing for your enjoyment:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlXz1jrAWg[/BBvideo]

Like it, share it, follow it, or whatever it is you do with internet stuff to make sure other fans see it, but be sure to subscribe to the forum’s new YT channel if you like what you hear!

Well, now that one of the main original goals of this thread has been met, a sensible person would return to the normal flow of events and wait for the new members to join in. I have never been a sensible person! 😆 I want this thread to be bursting with awesome activity when those new readers arrive, so prepare your brains for more great manga discussions, and what better place to start than where we left off in the cast: possible continuations.

Not every story or character in the Manga was neatly brought to a succinct conclusion, leaving open the possibility that there is still room for expansion on established plot lines. Which character or story do you guys feel is most ripe for continuation? For me it is definitely Tama, the cute, peaceful remnants of Dark Washu. They could have taken her character so much farther, but instead she turned into a background character who served literally no purpose whatsoever. I’d love to see her develop some more, perhaps dealing with some re-emergent Dark Washu memories or something. What do you guys think?

I would love to see more about the Nameless Tree.
    shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    The nameless tree was probably my favorite arc besides the Garyu arc. The Garyu arc is what I am currently drawing inspiration from for the OVA 4 i am currently in the process of writing. The depth of Garyu as a villain is well done. His plot to rebuild Oku II was just something that stuck out to me, especially since he took Ayeka and made her believe she loved him.

I also like seeing Ayeka use her full potential in a fight and seeing the side of her no one else has seen. Just as we see Ryoko’s side with the Unnamed Tree. It all just contributes to the reason these two manga series are so well done, they follow the characters so well and give so much to take in when you read them.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
    NinjaboyMMGN
    Anyone know where I can get NNFT Volume 3, 2nd print? I have Volumes 1 and 2. An I will eventually get the rest, though atm I’m having a hard time finding a 2nd print version of Volume 3. So Anyone got any ideas as to where I can find a copy?
    Anonymous

NinjaboyMMGN wrote:

Anyone know where I can get NNFT Volume 3, 2nd print? I have Volumes 1 and 2. An I will eventually get the rest, though atm I’m having a hard time finding a 2nd print version of Volume 3. So Anyone got any ideas as to where I can find a copy?

eBay – NNFT vol. 3 2nd Edition

Amazon – NNFT Vol. 3 2nd Edition

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    I wonder what the postage to Australia would be?
    Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

I wonder what the postage to Australia would be?

According to Amazon their shipping rates are $4.99 USD per book or VHS videotape, expedited is $9.99 USD, you can also check the sellers profile to see what their rates are, the lowest used copy seller ships worldwide for 3.99 per book.

The eBay shipping to Australia on that particular item was $14.99 USD

NinjaboyMMGN
    That’s the main problem. Shipping is what get me every time, I’ve been able to get Volume 1 & 2 for about $25AUD incl shipping. So that’s lucky but the ebay one ends up being at least $50AUD incl shipping so I’m not sure… I mean I’d pay that much but I got bills coming up so I might have to wait and save up… :fight:
    jgzinv
    I can run the numbers, see if it’s any better from them to me, me to you.

Shoot me a pm if you want.

NinjaboyMMGN

JGZinv wrote:

I can run the numbers, see if it’s any better from them to me, me to you.

Shoot me a pm if you want.

I might do that, at a later date.

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    Chuck had requested this image for another thread, but we thought it best to post it too. ^^v Here is a comparison for several major art styles in the different manga. Let me know what you think. ^^VV

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Manipulations/comparison2_zpsd67183b9.png" />

Kajishima’s Ryo-Ohki looks odd and his Mihoshi looks overly depressed in the examples you have.Than again

I’m more used to the Okuda ones.

On the other hand I really do like Hasegawa’s Kiyone. bth_kiyone3

Overall I would say I like the Okuda,Hasegawa and Negishi artwork the best.The Pioneer probably the least.

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    I would like to note that Ms. Hasegawa isn’t the artist for her books, just the writer.

MK did the illustrations for her first novel, but the others were done by somebody named Wada (can’t read the given name, not that smart 😉 ), but not Atsushi Wada (Seikishi and Paradise War novels).

You should have pointed that out before,still those were nice illustrations.I don’t know why the Pioneer ones just seem meh to me,they just do.Maybe it has to do with personal tastes.Okuda I’m used to from the

manga.

Been inventoring my manga collection and noticed that the English titles for the Okuda Tenchi manga I have

are:

1.Tenchi Moyu!

2.No Need For Tenchi!

3.All-New Tenchi Moyu!

Plus Sasami Stories.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Been inventoring my manga collection and noticed that the English titles for the Okuda Tenchi manga I have

are:

1.Tenchi Moyu!

2.No Need For Tenchi!

3.All-New Tenchi Moyu!

Plus Sasami Stories.

Surely you mean Muyo rather than “Moyu” right? Also, I’m not aware of any printing of the Okuda manga that was simply called “Tenchi Muyo.” Are you sure you are reading it properly? Finally, I am jealous of you Sasami Stories. It’s the ONLY Okuda I haven’t been able to track down on the web.

SnowQueen
    Chuck! Do you any used bookstores around you? That’s how I got Sasami Stories. Or a library that has manga by any chance?
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    I do snow, but they are all big chain stores so they only keep the most recent manga in stock. Thanks for the advice though :D I might hit up my school’s anime club library to see if they’ve got it.
    SnowQueen
    Aw dang it! Sorry chuck hopefully the club can help you out. :)
    Nobuyuki
    Participant
    I am surprised no one at Otakon had it. :?
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Nobuyuki wrote:

I am surprised no one at Otakon had it. :?

Oh they did. Mittens bought the only copy without telling me! Lol. Actually, I’m mostly to blame for not looking at all. Last Otakon I scoured the place and came up empty, so I didn’t bother this year. I should have known that in the intervening year since the FUNi releases that they would come out of the woodwork. Oh well, cest la vie.

Nobuyuki
    Participant

Quote:

Mittens bought the only copy without telling me!

Sniping’s a good job, mate! 😆

Anyway, if you’re interested…

WisperG
    Where the heck have you been looking for Sasami Stories Chuck? I bought one used from an Amazon seller for less than $10 last year.

Actually, it looks like 2 different sellers have new copies of it listed for just $5 (w/ shipping) right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1591161568/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1377323165&sr=8-1&keywords=sasami+stories&condition=new

Unless you have some wierd aversion to Amazon that I’m not aware of, you might want to hop in that deal 😉

I must have been in a hurry when I posted…sorry chuck…I did that once before when The Anime Cafe

forum was still up and running.For the life of me I don’t know why I get the o and u reversed all the time.

Any ways…I highly recommend that if anyone can get a hold of Sasami Stories to do so.It’s a real gem.

At the end of every section they have a bit where Okuda “talks” with Sasami.

There’s also a bonus section at the end that consists of the various comicstrips that Okuda drew for the

Pioneer fanclub newsletter.The series of comics dealing with the girls going online is hysterical. 😆 😆

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

WisperG wrote:

Where the heck have you been looking for Sasami Stories Chuck? I bought one used from an Amazon seller for less than $10 last year.

Actually, it looks like 2 different sellers have new copies of it listed for just $5 (w/ shipping) right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1591161568/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1377323165&sr=8-1&keywords=sasami+stories&condition=new

Unless you have some wierd aversion to Amazon that I’m not aware of, you might want to hop in that deal 😉

Lol, it’s closer than you’d think… I’ve come across many such deals on amazon marketplace, even multiple volumes from many different sellers going for as little as $.01, but there’s just something mental block i’ve got about paying the same or greater amount for shipping as the actual product itself! It’s really stupid, I know, and it then runs up against the more natural instinct not to pay $10 for something somebody else is selling for $.01! Lol, I guess I’m either going to have to eventually break down and grab one, or keep hopelessly waiting for some seller to sell a whole set for $.01 each and ship them together! Anyway, I’m weird. Lol.

😆

er…what is shipping and handling for a penny?Seriously $0.1?

That would make me kinda wonder what condition it was in.

Kiyami
    Participant
    none
    Otakon… Yes I snapped up some of the manga (All New and No Need). I got No Need 1 and 10 and All New 3, 4 and 10. Only got one duplicate that I will probably give away.

I love Mihoshi’s stories in the Okuda manga :) And her character design.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/Tenchi%20Muyo/Manga1.jpg" />

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/Tenchi%20Muyo/Manga3.jpg" />

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i410/kitteascone/Tenchi%20Muyo/Manga2.jpg" />

SnowQueen
    I LOVE Mihoshi in that wedding dress. iheartitplz to bad it ended up sad in the end. T^T
    Kiyami
    Participant
    none
    Yeah ): But still such a cute story in the manga. Mihoshi and Tenchi :Tenchismile:
    wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    “Son Goku…not a Dragonball reference” lawl
    Well Son Goku was the hero of the folktale The Journey To The West(or was it East?)and that’s where

Goku’s name in Dragonball came from,hence NOT a Dragonball reference…. 😆

I think the scariest Mihoshi story in the manga that I have ever read is the one where she gets a bump on the head and becomes actually competent for once.You don’t want to see a competent Mihoshi… :scared:

evilpii
    Participant
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I think the scariest Mihoshi story in the manga that I have ever read is the one where she gets a bump on the head and becomes actually competent for once.You don’t want to see a competent Mihoshi… :scared:

What about All-New Tenchi Muyo! Vol. 9 Ch. 3? ^^v

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    ^ Oh, shi- :scared:
    I don’t have that particuliar one. bth_fukuu
    For the record the manga I do have:

1.The All New-Tenchi Muyo! vol.1:Alien Nation

2.The All New-Tenchi Muyo! vol.4:Girls Get Ready!

3.The All New-Tenchi Muyo!vol.5:Point And Shoot

4.The All New-Tenchi Muyo!vol.7:Picture Book

5.No Need For Tenchi! vol.9

6.Tenchi Muyo:Sasami Stories

NinjaboyMMGN
    After 4 months of gathering the Tenchi Manga I have: No Need for Tenchi Volumes 1-4 (2nd edition) and The All New Tenchi Muyo Volumes 1-3. Not bad. :Cheeks:
    Pretty good. 😎
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    I’m thrilled to see so many people getting in on collecting hard copies of this awesome manga! Please, by all means, continue to share with us your progress in acquiring them and where good deals might be had! I’m still hopeful that we may someday see a reprinting if the manga industry ever manages to pick itself back up… Anyway, I figure that it’s high time that we get this thread rolling again and take stock of any new fans we may have gained in the intervening months (and I know you’re out there… 😎 )! So if you’re reading this and have read some or all of the manga but haven’t posted before, this is your time to shine! Tell us what stood out most to you, or something you really enjoyed (or didn’t enjoy for that matter), or even something totally random like “WTF was up with that story with the rotating sushi restaurant?!”

And for faithful posters/followers of this thread, I invite you all to think of one moment or story or arc of the manga that you would use to get somebody who may be unsure of the manga to give it a try. For me, I would probably have to for one of the really sad stories (probably the Mitsu story) to really drive home how raw the emotions can come across and how vulnerable and three-dimensional the characters are. What moment/story/arc would you use to get somebody into the manga with?

SnowQueen
    That’s actually a really good question. I’m actually on a quest at the moment to get a buddy into the show but giving them the manga may be a better idea actually.

Anyway…I like book 5 of the All New Tenchi Muyo Manga because it’s just so….silly and with the Tenchi zany-ness we all know and love so I would probably just have them read that whole book. :Tenchismile:

Jurai
    Participant
    I did not know they were different series. Where can I get a hold of the entire collect. I read them when I was younger and still have some of the originals, but I want to catch them all (sorry been playing pokemon). Let me know!
    jgzinv
    Short of a private collection being sold off, probably hard to get them all at once.

We’d have to find singles from a few sources.

WisperG
    Yep, there’s two Japanese manga series and one American-made comic series. No Need for Tenchi is the first manga series. The All-New Tenchi Muyo is the sequel. The first is 12 volumes long, the 2nd is 10 volumes. There’s also a one-volume manga collection titled Tenchi Muyo Sasami Stories that compiled select stories from the No Need manga that focused on Sasami in addition to many previously-unpublished 4-panel gag comics. The English comic series (simple titled Tenchi Muyo) lasted for 6 issues.

Not sure where you could find them all together. Individually, your best bet for any of these is Amazon or eBay. All of them are long OOP, so while some volumes/issues can still be found relatively cheap, others are very rare (not to mention expensive). You may also have some luck at a local used book store if there’s one in your area.

Or a comics shop if they have any that carry used manga.Then too Friends of The Library book sales

might have some.Though you never know.

As far as story archs in the manga go,I would recommend the Nameless Tree story found in No Need For

Tenchi vol.9 and the Picture Book story in The All New Tenchi Moyu vol.7.

The last one is a particuliar good heart breaker.

shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    So tonight was the beginning of finishing the final half of the Tenchi manga. I needed to get around to it and since the new year is around the corner, I figured I should go ahead and read it. I spent about an hour reading the first issue of the All New Tenchi Muyo and I must say, it hasn’t let me down thus far. It kept the constant artstyle and lightheartedness of the first part of the series, but also delved into darker undertones for the more serious moments.

This is only the first issue and I have an idea for how the remainder of the All New Tenchi Muyo will turn out. ^-^ I find it a bit odd when it came to the date with Ryo-Ohki but it was interesting to see Ryoko not get upset about it, or Ayeka for that matter.

Also, The carrot cake story was quite interesting, especially when it got to the flashback of Jurai. I can say it has made me not able to view carrot cakes the same way if I was to think about it. soawesome1

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
    The-Kaiser
    Participant
    I love this manga series :)

I have All of the All New series and im about 1/2 way thru of getting the second release of the first series :)

Yeah,the carrot cake story was one of the best Sasami stories as it does show off her character and also the

great relationship she has with her older sister Aeka.And the man who wanted to take Sasami’s recipe nationally was a good sport when he realized how personal it was for Sasami and why she couldn’t give him the recipe.

Nil Admirari
    none
    Finally completed the last chapter of All New! last night, thus drawing my run of the manga to its close. What a trip that was. On the whole I feel like No Need for Tenchi! was stronger than All New Tenchi Muyo! even though both had their ups and downs.

I preferred the villains introduced in NNFT more and felt like arcs just had way more room to breathe. Garyu, Yakage and Yume all had their time to shine as villains but Okuda dove into what made them be the way they were. Yakage and Yume’s endings as villains were heart-wrenching. Drama between characters also felt appropriately heavy. Ryoko’s explosive self-discovery and inability to handle what it all meant at the beginning of “The Quest for More Money” being a pretty good example of that. Tenchi’s reaction later on in that same issue as he thinks he may have lost her showed a side of him that we do not often see, if at all.

ANTM had some good points but none of the arcs really gelled together. In a way, it’s sort of like a Space Dandy version of the Manga as opposed to NNFT’s Cowboy Bebop. A villain in ANTM was one and done, irrelevant as soon as you turned the page on their last panel. In NNFT, a villain’s actions would cross paths with someone else across the galaxy and in turn bite the gang in the ass, introduce new drama, or have some sort of affect that we as the reader could see and contemplate the gravity of actions. There was permanence in NNFT rather than taking a purely episodic approach. It wasn’t until the final issue of ANTM where Okuda crammed as much down in there as he could, but I think he was just as frustrated with all of the loops that Kajishima had thrown into the story and in his final hour he struggled to pull out of the series with a perfect ending.

Okuda’s art though, it must be said, is some of my favorite in the whole series. His characters are filled with lush detail and personal characteristics that only really work in the manga medium due to not needing to be animated. His takes on the characters we all know and love were some of their best looks, his original characters had a certain look to them that almost felt like they stuck out too much from the main cast but still won me over in the end. It is a shame he only ever drew about 5 panels total with Kiyone in them, I would have loved seeing her in his style more often!

I’m happy with considering Okuda’s manga my “OVA” ending. Powerful writing (mostly in NNFT), gorgeous art, I was turning pages fairly rapidly and despite having reached the other side of the several thousand page manga I feel like I could use some more. Any Tenchi fan would do good to read these as soon as possible. Thanks for giving the series 12 years of dedication, Okuda.

When it leaves you wanting more,you know it’s not just a good manga but a great one. kiyonesmile1

I should re-read what I have one of these days,but will wait until I get done with Sailor Moon first and then

perhaps back to Tenchi,it’s something to wait forward to again.

crazyman54
    Participant
    There are many villains from the Tenchi Muyo manga. my question to you guys is which Tenchi villain from the manga do you greatly wanna see in anime form?
    Nil Admirari
    none
    For me, this is a tie between Yakage/Minage and Lady Yume. Yakage’s whole plotline was greater than he was as a villain but I feel like it would have worked in animated form. Yume is a great rival for Washu, far greater than Clay even.
    shadowsfall0
    Participant
    none
    In all honesty, I’d like to see Garyu become a villain in anime format. He was an excellent character with a tragic enough backstory to make a drive forward. Also, the entire concept of Ayeka being brainwashed was one of my favorite things in existence. gendo1

Other than that I’d like to see not necessarily a villain, but an antagonist nonetheless like the warrior in the Unnamed Tree arc.

Yes,I agree with the latter idea.Especially when you read the Unnamed Tree Arch and it’s relationship to Ryoko’s story.
    Yosho24
    This is tough because I love all of the villains in the manga, but I guess if I had to pick one it would probably have to be Yakage, although Garyu would be a close second. I just found Yakage’s character to be so interesting because he wasn’t entirely evil, but he goes about achieving his goal by any means necessary. Not to mention his relationship with Minagi is really heartbreaking. It hit me right in the feels.
    Ok…not really as a character per se,but there’s a rather cool in joke on page 13 of the first chapter:

Wolf At The Door when Yosho is about to go out and rescue Tenchi and the girls after hearing on the news about the wolf on the loose in the local mountains.

But when he’s just getting out the door he hears the announcer say that Orikasa Ai is about to sing a song from

her latest CD.

😆

I wonder if in Tenchi Ryoko is also a big Orikasa Ai fan…you think?!

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Ok…not really as a character per se,but there’s a rather cool in joke on page 13 of the first chapter:

Wolf At The Door when Yosho is about to go out and rescue Tenchi and the girls after hearing on the news about the wolf on the loose in the local mountains.

But when he’s just getting out the door he hears the announcer say that Orikasa Ai is about to sing a song from

her latest CD.

😆

I wonder if in Tenchi Ryoko is also a big Orikasa Ai fan…you think?!

That is really cool ML, I didn’t know that! I hope she is a fan, it would be fitting. I only recently became aware of another music-related easter egg in Pretty Sammy, check it out.

http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/88904729794/mahou-shoujo-death-cult-i-was-watching-the” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/88904729794/mahou-shoujo-death-cult-i-was-watching-the

Yeah that was pretty hysterical.

btw:This does seem to suggest that at least in the manga Orikasa Ai and Ryoko are two distinct personages! 😆

I wonder what it be like living in that particuliar universe. soawesome1

Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    Eons ago I had been given the first volume of this manga back when the series was airing on Toonami but I never really sat down and read it. Today, after FINALLY watching some of OVA 3, I kind of just really wanted to get back to the Tenchi I knew and loved, and for whatever reason the manga came to mind.

Needless to say I’m not disappointed! So far I’ve gotten to the middle of volume 5 and I’m completely blown away by the quality of both the artwork and writing. The new characters fit in seamlessly with the rest of the cast in way that’s not intrusive, and the characters are fleshed out incredibly well! I really can’t stop reading, as an above poster said, definitely a page turner for sure!

Also, the fourth wall breaking is making me giggle a little too much.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Indeed, it certainly is hard to put down once you get started! I remember when I first found it I spent a whole week just going through them! Anyway, welcome to the forum, Marty! I’m thrilled that you chose this humble thread to make your debut here, and I’m sure you will enjoy the rest of the threads as well 😆 Feel free to keep us up to date with your progress as you plow through the manga, or even formally introduce yourself in our intro section! I look forward to seeing around the boards! :D
    Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    Thank you for the welcome!

I just started volume 11 after really not being able to put this down for the past two days, and man is there really only one volume left?!

Honestly this is wayyyy better than OVA3 and it saddens me that it was never given an animated treatment. The characters get surprising development and I’m just all kind of giddy reading it. Ryoko losing her powers and having a conversation with Tenchi about his mom?! Hot damn!

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    You do know that there’s a whole ten more volumes in the series right? After finishing the twelve volume No Need For Tenchi series, the author (Hitoshi Okuda) continued the story in the ten volume All New Tenchi Muyo series! Links to scans of them can be found at the beginning of this thread, or I could PM them to you if you want :) I personally prefer the first series, but the second is just as good! So, what’s your favorite story from the manga so far?
    Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    A PM would be lovely!

Honestly, the whole Ryoko being powerless plot has really grabbed my attention, followed by the whole Ibara/Ryoko plot of Vol.9. I really just like getting a look into any sort’ve romance/jealousy with these characters, I suppose!

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Volume 9 is my favorite in the whole series! I thought it had the best character development for Ryoko, and it had a really engaging plot as well! If you’re interested in hearing more in depth discussion and opinions about the manga I highly recommend giving our podcast on that topic a listen! I’ll get you that PM as soon as I get back home to my laptop :)
    It does explain a lot about why she feels the way she does toward Tenchi.Though I really like the ending when

Sasami mentions the whole reason for the trip and that they spent all the money on snacks. 😆

Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    So I just finished the first manga series!

Honestly (and why would I not be honest)…I LOVED it. Way more than anything that’s been put out recently. Good humor that actually made me laugh out loud, cool villains, and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Reading this manga actually made me like certain characters a bit more, and the art was just gorgeous. If they had animated this, I think Tenchi would’ve been even more popular, maybe up there with some of our more mainstream shonen anime brothers like Dragonball and Bleach.

Seriously, Okuda knows what he’s doing. The characters that were added in never took too much attention away from the core cast, and seeing them reappear (i.e. Minagi) over the course of the series was really really satisfying. If you haven’t read the manga yet, GO DO IT! You won’t regret it!

I’m going over to All-New Tenchi Muyo right now, so I’ll leave my impressions here as well!

Agreed,Okuda really has some of the best artwork for Tenchi. soawesome1
    Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    Wow, just finished All-New Tenchi Muyo, and I definitely prefer the first one. This felt like a series of one-shots to me with forgettable villains, though Miu and Suzuka/Kagato clone/Kiyone clone were some really good villains that I think were on par with the No Need For Tenchi villains. I don’t even know what happened in the last volume with the Kagato clone though.

Ryoko is still the best developed and most developed character thus far. The story arc that centered on Ayeka’s confrontation with the Mitsu creature was pretty boring just because Ayeka doesn’t have a lot going for her, so giving her a cute pet that is basically a lizard Ryo-Ohki didn’t really strike me as all that impressive or engaging.

I wasn’t a fan of the focus on Sasami, in fact I think I realized I really don’t care for her character. Usually when the Tsunami stuff shows back up I get more invested but man if she isn’t just a Mary Sue who’s just…UGH.

However, I’m also not a fan of all the loli/little girl designs. I think I was okay with Yume just because, but Tama was a bit too much. I’m glad she faded away into the background and only showed up every now and then. The other villain who wanted to merge with Washu, UGH. There was a bit of a contradiction since he included his adaptation of Tenchi Muyo in Love in No Need For Tenchi and now we have Kiyone Masaki as Tenchi’s mom alluva sudden. Probably shoulda done something there, but it didn’t really bother me too much.

I definitely wish there was more, but after learning Okuda worked for 12 years on this I can see why he hasn’t come back with some new material. His art, his humor, and his stories are mostly on point, and I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard at a manga before in my life. I do hope someday we can see him coming back to this in some shape or form.

One last note, Ryoko working at McDonald’s is still the best two pages in anything ever.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Razor/Misc2/ryokomcdonalds.png" />

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Marty! I’m glad you enjoyed the series overall. I do disagree about the Mitsu arc, but to each his own :D There actually is more Okuda manga material out there, but it’s pretty hard to find. There’s a standalone volume called “Sasami Stories” which is mostly just a collection of stories starring Sasami, but it also contains dozens of four panel comics he drew for the Pioneer fanclub (or something like that) which are pretty funny. There’s also a couple one-off comics he did that you can find floating around the web if you look hard enough. Anyway, congratulations on completing your Manga journey! I’ve always considered it a vital and criminally overlooked side of the Tenchi franchise. Feel free to share your thoughts about it here anytime!
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Not sure if this is the place to bring it up but, was there GXP manga or a comic strip as well? I was looking on Wikipedia and noticed it was in Monthly Dragon Age Magazine but it on made one volume as a whole. I wanted to confirm if it exists and if someone read it or knows where to read it.
    Nobuyuki
    Participant
    It exists.
    evilpii
    Participant
    none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Not sure if this is the place to bring it up but, was there GXP manga or a comic strip as well? I was looking on Wikipedia and noticed it was in Monthly Dragon Age Magazine but it on made one volume as a whole. I wanted to confirm if it exists and if someone read it or knows where to read it.

Nobuyuki wrote:

It exists.

For a more comprehensive answer, here is a link to a scanlation status page. According to Baka-Updates, the GXP manga has never been translated, officially or unofficially. Both Wikipedia and Anime News Network also corroborate the singular volume length listed on Baka-Updates. Unfortunately, while it apparently is short, no one seems to have made it available in English.

Might be because GXP wasn’t as popular ? That would be my guess as to why we haven’t seen

an official license outside of Japan.

AJ LightH
    Just gone through 5 vols of Tenchi manga. It’s actually pretty fun. Too bad the things here aren’t part of Kajishima’s canon.

Minagi is fun and the worldbuilding was something I was hoping for in Tenchi. I can’t wait for the chara. development! fyeah1

What was your favorite story arch so far?
    AJ LightH
    Gotta say the Asahi arc is really getting to me. It’s doing the 1 thing I wanted throughout the Tenchi series: expanding on the lore and still be funny.

The explanation on the Trees.

The different worlds.

Heck they’ve got another new character in Gohgei. He’s like a space werewolf!

Asahi’s decent as a new character and I can’t wait to see how the arc ends for her. The bad guys quirky miniboss squad remind me of another group but I don’t know where.

Also…I forever have the image of whip wielding Ayeka in my mind WANT1

Nothing will ever remove that characterization. Nothing.

Nil Admirari
    none

AJ LightH wrote:

Also…I forever have the image of whip wielding Ayeka in my mind WANT1

Nothing will ever remove that characterization. Nothing.

It’s just an act. An A-C-T. Right, Princess? aquateencarl1

In other words:NOTHING HERE TO SEE FOLKS,please move on along,there ain’t no sexy space princess wielding a whip here.No we assure you we ain’t into that sorta thing here.Just

ask Ryoko from episode 2 of OVA 1. 😆 😆

I always liked the one volume/multi-volume arcs they did – especially the Ryuten/Yume one (possibly because it’s the longest arc)
    One of my favorite one volume arch was the one about the alien ultimate warrior type athlete who had amnesia and took Ryoko on as his sensei. 😆
    ChaudSept
    Hello hello, instead of creating a new thread i’m just gonna put my stuff here.

Don’t know about you but I don’t like reading scans on the web, mostly because it’s on the web (you don’t say) and i can’t read it whenever i want.

For example i want to be able to read No Need for Tenchi! in a wifi-less plane on my tablet next saturday.

So i downloaded all the scans, and pack them into 12 pdf. One volume per pdf, two scans per page. I’m satisfied of the overall quality, the files aren’t that huge, and apparently it’s readable.

So here we go :

https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw

https://mega.co.nz/#!IsdVmLgK!pmo5ib_3IWPFPEaNlLAnAxPzZY2YhiU66fESA4w57Wk” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!IsdVmLgK!pmo5ib_3IWPFPEaNlLAnAxPzZY2YhiU66fESA4w57Wk

https://mega.co.nz/#!0h8WVRzI!QD_SPF6d_-rEWtAlJ-8Aqfi02XRqVDxu5HvPPWOcQuw” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!0h8WVRzI!QD_SPF6d_-rEWtAlJ-8Aqfi02XRqVDxu5HvPPWOcQuw

https://mega.co.nz/#!15FDVKDS!DCHd8KEbpM0ctlx0WlSnG9snxxq_tCJIJLSB1AEUbiQ” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!15FDVKDS!DCHd8KEbpM0ctlx0WlSnG9snxxq_tCJIJLSB1AEUbiQ

https://mega.co.nz/#!951yDShR!BgHdNOcYxrrKDMaKm0Zz6sHKyUhEl-YSlFRehbV6Xfs” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!951yDShR!BgHdNOcYxrrKDMaKm0Zz6sHKyUhEl-YSlFRehbV6Xfs

https://mega.co.nz/#!AwcnwI7C!H-B5MUPaFio3WA5ZLyS97bKYca8-5wXLVCoPRk1JSCI” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!AwcnwI7C!H-B5MUPaFio3WA5ZLyS97bKYca8-5wXLVCoPRk1JSCI

https://mega.co.nz/#!M1kX2Kib!Cwtop1ZAj0Ob5fS2_12GGcetohFHGowzCoVODIstW1o” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!M1kX2Kib!Cwtop1ZAj0Ob5fS2_12GGcetohFHGowzCoVODIstW1o

https://mega.co.nz/#!Vp1HDASL!g_32v5lfBHifqfD_wDBzott36LXWUhvW_Wd0q_deQ1g” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!Vp1HDASL!g_32v5lfBHifqfD_wDBzott36LXWUhvW_Wd0q_deQ1g

https://mega.co.nz/#!B0F3WDaA!muQosJ76_kSTAKdphAW7_TP0A9mi-473BcPLcKSmpcU” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!B0F3WDaA!muQosJ76_kSTAKdphAW7_TP0A9mi-473BcPLcKSmpcU

https://mega.co.nz/#!VhEWGRDB!8R5x0i8YVgoWBRXIP5CrzhODGRo4BFVeZ1SzpRom0_0” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!VhEWGRDB!8R5x0i8YVgoWBRXIP5CrzhODGRo4BFVeZ1SzpRom0_0

https://mega.co.nz/#!ltMEWBxB!4o6aumQ22yRFH7nibFjiXbpYD2I-E8bCHJyifVB6dpc” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!ltMEWBxB!4o6aumQ22yRFH7nibFjiXbpYD2I-E8bCHJyifVB6dpc

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ut0QUDTY!7oEyzWvv9roRq6qVNCDSVmWwlDEAtRo1z6hbpkNV804” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!Ut0QUDTY!7oEyzWvv9roRq6qVNCDSVmWwlDEAtRo1z6hbpkNV804

I took some liberty and added a tenchiforum mention on the files, let me know if it needs to be change.

Anyway i didn’t even finished it yet, so i’m outta here.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Hey Chaud are you going to do the All New Tenchi Muyo manga when you find the scans?
    ChaudSept

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hey Chaud are you going to do the All New Tenchi Muyo manga when you find the scans?

Yeah I want to.

I found a couple of website but so far the files doesn’t seed.

It will be harder to find rageblow1

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

ChaudSept wrote:

Yeah I want to.I found a couple of website but so far the files doesn’t seed. It will be harder to find

sadface1

ChaudSept
    *Plot twist*

I found them all !

Thanks to Chuck’s link, i checked and they are the same scans. It’s funny how just one guy alone scanned the manga and everybody enjoy it now. Anyway.

Most pages are in landscape, but some scans aren’t, so i packed the portrait ones together..

I’m still ok with the overall quality.

So I present you each 10 volumes of The All New Tenchi Muyo! in *kinda* ebook format.

https://mega.co.nz/#!15lGHaCa!jwfEZXohq9GHVhtlxqPRr40u-PzQ82FUuGzuve-DkjI” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!15lGHaCa!jwfEZXohq9GHVhtlxqPRr40u-PzQ82FUuGzuve-DkjI

https://mega.co.nz/#!VscQ0K6b!3F9Ykdroem9dqQnkO2-KJOzCDWmH76ePwRCn55zytYY” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!VscQ0K6b!3F9Ykdroem9dqQnkO2-KJOzCDWmH76ePwRCn55zytYY

https://mega.co.nz/#!0oUECbSD!vRoOI8Ac0Ji1vFMxO5ckrwHw_iMDYGVfy0MMemvZ4bQ” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!0oUECbSD!vRoOI8Ac0Ji1vFMxO5ckrwHw_iMDYGVfy0MMemvZ4bQ

https://mega.co.nz/#!kkc1WbzQ!l8IGiNkPZ6PFDzOhom2x8stnV2vSNIfDamWomRRttFU” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!kkc1WbzQ!l8IGiNkPZ6PFDzOhom2x8stnV2vSNIfDamWomRRttFU

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZpVlyZ4D!de1vDL2v5rcZfLWqiBQA_MFkMs7ImT6hQ_KpxQsNcWk” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!ZpVlyZ4D!de1vDL2v5rcZfLWqiBQA_MFkMs7ImT6hQ_KpxQsNcWk

https://mega.co.nz/#!1p0w2DgZ!accMqIPZNBhapGKwqKwMoF5rBfIniaNH60WjbEIaLGo” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!1p0w2DgZ!accMqIPZNBhapGKwqKwMoF5rBfIniaNH60WjbEIaLGo

https://mega.co.nz/#!1tNxxTyS!vEwfHgZ3JEnywIQfead64CvV1U2aL8p45uvv7ViTxVA” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!1tNxxTyS!vEwfHgZ3JEnywIQfead64CvV1U2aL8p45uvv7ViTxVA

https://mega.co.nz/#!9901gKRA!7l0y86F1Vbn0ECNlUOJMjMsT_5BoRR1FJcL9i1rukEE” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!9901gKRA!7l0y86F1Vbn0ECNlUOJMjMsT_5BoRR1FJcL9i1rukEE

https://mega.co.nz/#!lwVUBLYI!oki2bhNsrPvj4lAP5mrDBmMnDCjBtP-A1dRpdt9dIBA” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!lwVUBLYI!oki2bhNsrPvj4lAP5mrDBmMnDCjBtP-A1dRpdt9dIBA

https://mega.co.nz/#!58ljQL5L!W_MazkHHsDIoJp_QKWcMApJsTNCN0Dgkck6KRKgMZwc” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!58ljQL5L!W_MazkHHsDIoJp_QKWcMApJsTNCN0Dgkck6KRKgMZwc

Let me know if anything should be edit.

I spoiled myself like crazy for this shit.

But now I have everything to read at the airport !

Cardboard Marty
    Participant
    none
    AHH! Amazing! I’m rereading these for a video I’m making and this is so fantastic! Thank you so much!
    Shounenbat
    Participant

ChaudSept wrote:

Hello hello, instead of creating a new thread i’m just gonna put my stuff here.

Don’t know about you but I don’t like reading scans on the web, mostly because it’s on the web (you don’t say) and i can’t read it whenever i want.

For example i want to be able to read No Need for Tenchi! in a wifi-less plane on my tablet next saturday.

So i downloaded all the scans, and pack them into 12 pdf. One volume per pdf, two scans per page. I’m satisfied of the overall quality, the files aren’t that huge, and apparently it’s readable.

So here we go :
    [hidden]https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw

https://mega.co.nz/#!o80ikbha!Kz_FKgxaEj-PkoLv2nLOE-iHlcDziCbWbP_ETdKpppg” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!o80ikbha!Kz_FKgxaEj-PkoLv2nLOE-iHlcDziCbWbP_ETdKpppg

https://mega.co.nz/#!0h8WVRzI!QD_SPF6d_-rEWtAlJ-8Aqfi02XRqVDxu5HvPPWOcQuw” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!0h8WVRzI!QD_SPF6d_-rEWtAlJ-8Aqfi02XRqVDxu5HvPPWOcQuw

https://mega.co.nz/#!15FDVKDS!DCHd8KEbpM0ctlx0WlSnG9snxxq_tCJIJLSB1AEUbiQ” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!15FDVKDS!DCHd8KEbpM0ctlx0WlSnG9snxxq_tCJIJLSB1AEUbiQ

https://mega.co.nz/#!951yDShR!BgHdNOcYxrrKDMaKm0Zz6sHKyUhEl-YSlFRehbV6Xfs” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!951yDShR!BgHdNOcYxrrKDMaKm0Zz6sHKyUhEl-YSlFRehbV6Xfs

https://mega.co.nz/#!AwcnwI7C!H-B5MUPaFio3WA5ZLyS97bKYca8-5wXLVCoPRk1JSCI” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!AwcnwI7C!H-B5MUPaFio3WA5ZLyS97bKYca8-5wXLVCoPRk1JSCI

https://mega.co.nz/#!M1kX2Kib!Cwtop1ZAj0Ob5fS2_12GGcetohFHGowzCoVODIstW1o” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!M1kX2Kib!Cwtop1ZAj0Ob5fS2_12GGcetohFHGowzCoVODIstW1o

https://mega.co.nz/#!Vp1HDASL!g_32v5lfBHifqfD_wDBzott36LXWUhvW_Wd0q_deQ1g” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!Vp1HDASL!g_32v5lfBHifqfD_wDBzott36LXWUhvW_Wd0q_deQ1g

https://mega.co.nz/#!B0F3WDaA!muQosJ76_kSTAKdphAW7_TP0A9mi-473BcPLcKSmpcU” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!B0F3WDaA!muQosJ76_kSTAKdphAW7_TP0A9mi-473BcPLcKSmpcU

https://mega.co.nz/#!VhEWGRDB!8R5x0i8YVgoWBRXIP5CrzhODGRo4BFVeZ1SzpRom0_0” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!VhEWGRDB!8R5x0i8YVgoWBRXIP5CrzhODGRo4BFVeZ1SzpRom0_0

https://mega.co.nz/#!ltMEWBxB!4o6aumQ22yRFH7nibFjiXbpYD2I-E8bCHJyifVB6dpc” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!ltMEWBxB!4o6aumQ22yRFH7nibFjiXbpYD2I-E8bCHJyifVB6dpc

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ut0QUDTY!7oEyzWvv9roRq6qVNCDSVmWwlDEAtRo1z6hbpkNV804” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!Ut0QUDTY!7oEyzWvv9roRq6qVNCDSVmWwlDEAtRo1z6hbpkNV804[/hidden]

I took some liberty and added a tenchiforum mention on the files, let me know if it needs to be change.

Also i hide the files for now.. Take this as a preview for you guys, or if it needs to be improved. whatever.

Anyway i didn’t even finished it yet, so i’m outta here.

What’s the decryption key?

ChaudSept

Shounenbat wrote:

What’s the decryption key?

You can’t download it ?

The key is included in the url, i just test it and it works. Also I know at least 2 people download it successfully.

Maybe you didn’t take the entire adress ?

Let me know if the problem stays.

PS : The key begin with the second exclamation mark

Without key : https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z

With key : https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw” class=”bbcode_url”>https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0mEJ6Z!-u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw

The key : -u_bSLG-X16rl2JpvlIGah0HrrEqhrTVqXJIJGXKtHw

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Hey Chaud I downloaded all the manga No Need & All New, all readable. The one thing is in All New Vol 08, it repeats all the stories. Pages 1-91 and 161 are fine pages 92-160 are the repeats.
    ChaudSept

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Hey Chaud I downloaded all the manga No Need & All New, all readable. The one thing is in All New Vol 08, it repeats all the stories. Pages 1-91 and 161 are fine pages 92-160 are the repeats.

Oh damn, yeah in the vol.8 folder there was twice the same scans, didn’t notice.

It has been edited, thanks.

The-Kaiser
    Participant
    Has scan of the Sasami Stories been found yet? Im not into her all that much but im a bit of a completest when it comes to manga. ^_^
    chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Ive been meaning to scan my copy because it doesnt exist online as far as Ive been able to find. Unfortunately, technology more advanced than a stapler routinely flumoxes me and Id have no idea where to start.
    WisperG

The-Kaiser wrote:

Has scan of the Sasami Stories been found yet? Im not into her all that much but im a bit of a completest when it comes to manga. ^_^

Well, every chapter in that Sasami-themed volume were simply pulled from the existing manga. If you’ve read volumes 3, 8 & 12 of No Need For Tenchi, then you’ll have read every story that was republished in Sasami Stories. The only thing new (and exclusive) to that book were a series of 74 rare 4-panel comic strips compiled from Pioneer Japan’s long-defunct Fan Club Newsletter. Those would be worth scanning, at least. A quick Google search didn’t turn up any of them.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

chucklocker wrote:

Ive been meaning to scan my copy because it doesnt exist online as far as Ive been able to find. Unfortunately, technology more advanced than a stapler routinely flumoxes me and Id have no idea where to start.

What manga are you meaning to copy? is it the Sasami stories or another Tenchi Manga?

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    Sasami Stories. The one that hasn’t been uploaded yet.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

chucklocker wrote:

Sasami Stories. The one that hasn’t been uploaded yet.

At least the 74 4 panel comic strips in the book should be scanned, the rest of the stories are already in the Okuda mangas that chaud uploaded

ChaudSept
    There is always a solution!

If we are sure nobody scanned it before, well I do have a some kind of way out.

Are these different stories from the ones that are already in the Sasami Stories manga that

was already published?

ChaudSept
    ^

Recap for you :

Sasami Stories = All of Sasami adventure from the regular manga series (if you read the manga, you already read them) + 74 comics strips (these one are “new”, because they aren’t in the manga series )

Those comics are unique.

The said comics strips look like that :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/28/1436211869-a-171.jpg" />

But they have been officialy translated in english !! But are apparently missing on the web :/

What I conclude: Japs are nicer wth2

ChaudSept
    Okuda’s on Kajishima. (Kinda sorta kidding)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/37/1442073391-no-13.jpg" />

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    I wonder really if this is a joke about Kajishima or the Tenchi fans buying Kajishima’s doujins
    ChaudSept
    Directly aimed to the doujinshi industrie and X-parody greatly common in any anime fandom. It could be applied to every licenses whatsoever, maybe the fact that Kajishima is a doujin producer is a coincidence ^^.
    Ah yes! Just checked the back of my copy of Sasami Stories and the comics in question are what

Okuda created for the official fan club in Japan.They were under the title: Tenchi!Heaven Forbid Great

I think the manga was the first time they were officially printed outside of Japan.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Ah yes! Just checked the back of my copy of Sasami Stories and the comics in question are what

Okuda created for the official fan club in Japan.They were under the title: Tenchi!Heaven Forbid Great

I think the manga was the first time they were officially printed outside of Japan.

Can you scan them or just copy the dialogue as best you can?

I think the best thing would be to simply to try to see if you can get a copy of Sasami Stories.

I don’t have a scanner so can’t do it.Unless someone else is interested in doing it.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I think the best thing would be to simply to try to see if you can get a copy of Sasami Stories.

I don’t have a scanner so can’t do it.Unless someone else is interested in doing it.

Scanned, on madokami.

ChaudSept
    ^ Well yeah…, not anymore ? Maybe somebody archived it?

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Can you scan them or just copy the dialogue as best you can?

Scanning would be cool, the whole thing is about 35 pages, it will take some time whitout destroying the book. And you’ll miss a lot if you can’t see the drawings imo.

BTW, I noted that there are two Sasami-aimed mangas in japanese, one is Sasami Densetsu which is Sasami stories I believe, judging by the black & white pages. But there is also Sasami-chan arakaruto, Sasami à la carte!. That’s two different mangas, does anyone know more?

ChaudSept wrote:

^ Well yeah…, not anymore ? Maybe somebody archived it?

>reader

download the rar pal

jgzinv
    Let’s be nice Shades. Tenchismile
    I wonder what the ala carte means in this conext.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

ChaudSept wrote:

Sasami à la carte!.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wonder what the ala carte means in this conext.

The google translation says Sasami to the card!

My guess it would mean Sasami on the menu!

a la carte is a phrase I looked up: la carte (also a la carte), is a French phrase meaning “from the menu”.

“Sasami from the menu!” could roughly translate to “Sasami on the Menu!”

All that Sweetness…my chlosterol would go off the scales if I had Sasami to eat! 😆 😆 😆

I wonder why they came up with that particuliar title.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

Quote:

ChaudSept Wrote:

Go to that link http://shonen-sirius.com/

Scroll down until you find little Momo’s face, and clic on the icon circled below :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/40/1443460210-ai-manga-explained.png" />

Enjoy the few pages :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/40/1443460253-ai-manga.png" />

It should work just fine.

The look and feels like the show but with some changes, and added scenes with the gang. The new frames of the gang, are just typical and usual routines of the family but it has the nostalgia to it. Can’t wait to see more volumes, even if they are raw Japanese.

jgzinv
    If it was a good deal higher res, those text bubbles aren’t handwritten so something might be able to be done.

The FX is neigh impossible though.

ChaudSept
    Yup, no probs for hiraganas & katakanas, though every kanji will be harder for the eye to recognize and typeset, furiganas are to damn small. Doable nevertheless.

JGZinv wrote:

The FX is neigh impossible though.

When Ayeka falls : ガク, probably ガクリ, meaning *falls*

カツ : *clonk*

:p

But we don’t really care about that kind of bubbleless FX generally.

“Clonk”? as in hitting her head?

And I could mention something about Zinv horsing around with his comment but I won’t.

ChaudSept
    She hit her foot, actually.

Literaly it’s “Kah!”, for us “english” speaker it’s anything like “clank”, “clac”, “tac” “pok” etc..

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Is there any other place to find more Ai Manga chapters, or was that the only one that could be found?
  • Viewing 262 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.