Tenchi multiverse theory

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads Tenchi multiverse theory

• This topic is empty.
    I have a theory why there is more than one timeline or universe of tenchi. What if because of all the anomalies that washu tokimi and tsunami in the ova timeline especially after resetting the timeline in ova 3 ,that in doing these things made new timeline or alternate universe where tenchi,ryoko and the gang exist?
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      That’s interesting alright. It might work to explain some of the differences between say the first two OVAs and Universe.
      susano
      In the movie “Tenchi Forever! The Movie, Sasami had travel to Jurai to ask for Tsunami’s assistance in the search for Tenchi. Univere’s Tsunami is likely a different being. Universe’s Tsunami has ikely some degree of communication with the OVA’s Tsunami. The OVA’s Tsunami is one of the Chousin Sisters.

There are the known separate universe in the Tenchi Multiverse.

Prime Universe- Ryo-Ohki OVA series, GXP, and The Next Generation. The Three Chousin Goddesses reside primary in this universe.

Second Universe- The Universe where the Hasegawa canon novel series takes place.

Third Universe- Tenchi: Universe

Fourth Universe- Tenchi in Tokyo

Fifth Universe- manga

Sixth Universe- Dual

Seventh Universe – Tenchi Muyo! War on Genimar. Photon?

Eighth Universe- Pretty Sammy

Nineth- Sasami Magical Club

Tenth – El-Hazard

Eleventh- AI! TENCHI MUYO

Twelfth – any of the reboot fanfiction series.

kain2-1

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Rejected Tenchi Muyo! Timelines ;)
      Dual! and Tenchi Universe I thought were supposed to take place in the same reality. At least the final

reality that MS created in episode 13 that led to the Special.

I’d love to see some of those Rejected Tenchi Timelines be real, especially Mihoshi’s Island! 😆

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

segaman4 wrote:

I have a theory why there is more than one timeline or universe of tenchi.

There’s different continuities because of original creative team split and made their own version of Tenchi. Kajishima constantly changes stuff when he makes Tenchi anime. Okuda is another Tenchi writer of Tenchi in manga, Hasegawa did the novels, Kajishima did Shin Tenchi novels and the GXP novels. The reason that might think there is a multiverse is because Kajishima tries to connect everything or re use characters or stuff like Light Hawk Wings

jgzinv
      Dual crosses over with Pretty Sammy once in the OVA, and several times in other materials including the DVD case inserts and AIC backed mangas…. so if there was anything to connect there, it’s Dual -> Pretty Sammy.

Now since years ago, Kajishima has reintegrated Dual by way of GXP, not just the mechanoid, but also through alternate versions of Dr Sanada, Mitsuki Sanada, and Dee.

So it’s more like:

OVA/GXP – Dual – Pretty Sammy

El Hazard also had cameos like posters to Pretty Sammy, I can’t recall any characters showing up in person, but there’s been a lot less there to tie it to anything Tenchi.

Geminar has some nods to Dual in the theme or designs, after all KM himself said that Geminar was what he had originally intended Dual to be. The Bioroids, dimension hopping, mech designs, powering a robot through will, some other minor things, are related to stuff showing in Dual, but other than being connected back to the OVA again, no major connections.

So it’d be more Geminar – OVA/GXP – Dual – Pretty Sammy.

Tenchi Universe doesn’t have anything currently to tie it to Dual, Kiyone showing up at the end of the OVA of Dual is from Pretty Sammy, where she exists there.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

El Hazard also had cameos like posters to Pretty Sammy, I can’t recall any characters showing up in person, but there’s been a lot less there to tie it to anything Tenchi.

Mr. Fujisawa as Tenchi’s homeroom teacher in Tokyo.

SnowQueen
      Ryoko also appears as a chibi in a extra bit at the end of the El-Hazard manga (Vol 2)
      jgzinv
      it’s been probably more than 10 years since I saw tokyo last… and I doubt I’d even seen el hazard by then… so eh maybe time for a rewatch. Tokyo didn’t bother me as much as most people, but Sakuya was too over the top. Haruna did it better…. kiyonesmile1
      Just trying to think of how all these different versions would fit together gives me a headache.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Just trying to think of how all these different versions would fit together gives me a headache.

Saying it’s a multiverse is kinda slap on answer to bridge multiple versions together.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.