Tenchi Muyo! 30 Day Challenge

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Tenchi Muyo! 30 Day Challenge

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Tenchi Muyo 30 Day Challenge

This challenge includes all of the Tenchi-verses: OVA, Universe, Tokyo, Geminar, Dual, Hazard, etc.

Please be fair and not attack other people’s opinions or argue.

Those who also helped make this was ChaudSept and mitsuki lover

Day 1 – Very First Experience With Tenchi

Day 2 – What Is Your OTP?

Day 3 – Favorite Villian

Day 4 – Character You Cosplay as

Day 5 –Which Character(s) Would You As A Best Friend?

Day 6 – What Character Would Be Your Workout Buddy?

Day 7 – Character Crush

Day 8 – Crossover You’d Like To See?

Day 9 –Which Character You Hate

Day 10 – Favorite ED

Day 11 – Favorite Episode

Day 12 – Favorite Music

Day 13 – Favorite VA/Seiyuu

Day 14 – Favorite OP

Day 15 – Most Epic Or Shocking Scene

Day 16 – Favorite Quote

Day 17 – Funniest Scene

Day 18 – Favorite Story Line

Day 19 – Preferred Art Design Style

Day 20 – Happiest Moment

Day 21 – Favorite Movie

Day 22 – Sub or Dub?

Day 23 – Favorite Outfit

Day 24 – What You Dislike About Tenchi?

Day 25 – Character You Feel You Are Most Like (Or Wish You Were Like)

Day 26 – Scene That Made You Cry

Day 27 – Did You Recommend Tenchi To Anyone That Didn’t Know It

Day 28 – Do You Share Tenchi With Anyone?

Day 29 – Your Favorite Character

Day 30 – What Would You Change About The Show?

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Replies
      Day 1:First expierence with Tenchi: that be watching Dual on what used to be Techtv’s

anime bloc Anime Unleashed.My first actual expierence with Tenchi proper was the

movie:Tenchi Forever.Although to be honest I did see a minute of Tenchi In Tokyo

on Toonami.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 1: First experience with Tenchi was on Toonami in the 90’s or early 2000’s. I can’t exactly remember what I watched whether the OVA or Universe, but I remembered Ryoko’s hair after forgetting years later.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 2: My OTP: Ryoko x Tenchi
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Day 1: Tenchi Universe episode 1, Toonami Fall 2000.

Day 2: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Day 2: Tenchi Moyu! Aeka x Tenchi

Dual! Mitsuki Sanada x Kazuki

El Hazard Nanami x Money! 😆 😆 😆

ChaudSept
      Day 1

OVA1 on VHS. Probably in the early 2000, don’t really know… I watched these 6 episodes looooots of times.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Day 3: OVA Kagato
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 3: Dr. Clay from OVA
      Day 3: Zero Ryoko from OVA 2.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 4: I don’t cosplay (since no money for it), but if I did I would cosplay as Knight Azaka. Awesome knight for the win.
      Day 4, I don’t cosplay either.
      Day 5: Best friends would be Ryoko and Aeka plus Kiyone.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 5: Best friends with Washu, everyone needs a mad scientist as a friend
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 6: Ryoko
      Day 6 work out with Mihoshi and Kiyone.
      ChaudSept
      Day 6

Ryo Ohki ! She made Kenshi the way he is ! Super strong woooo1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 7: Ryoko
      Day 7 : Aeka, though Kiyone would be close second.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Crossover: Tenchi Muyo with Star Wars
      ChaudSept
      Day 7

Ryoko WANT1

Also Yukine have my heart.

Day 8

A true crossover between TM and WoG

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 9: Aside from usual Norike, I’d say Seina
      Day 8 either Tenchi and Lost In Space or Tenchi and Dr. Who. In the later

it would be the 6th Doctor/Peri team and they wind up with Mihoshi as the new companion in the

TARDIS…Hey after Adric Mihoshi would be an improvement! 😆

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 10: OVA 1 ending liked the ending in ep 6
      Day 9: Dr.Clay…the man’s an idiot!
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 11: Night before the Carnival
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 12 & 13:

Favorite OP: Tenchi Universe

Favorite VA: Petrea Burchard

SnowQueen
      I know I’m far behind but I wanted to finish the anime challenge first. blush1

*Day 1*

Found the manga (Sasami Stories!) at my library along with the first No Need for Tenchi manga when I was in my pre-teen years.

Day 10: Favorite ED: Universe
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 14: Tenchi Universe Opening, love this song
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Day 1: My very first experience with Tenchi?

Monday, July 3rd, 2000 will always be a special date in my book: the day Tenchi Muyo! first appeared on Cartoon Network’s Toonami lineup. Was I there that day? I’d like to say yes, but unfortunately I don’t remember definitively. But I do remember my first experience was shortly after it premiered on U.S. television. Ahhh, memories.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 15: Most shocking scene would be the GXP special operative’s body being torn up and thrown on the floor in Tenchi Muyo In Love
      Day 11: Favorite Episode. I can’t think of one off hand, although “Mihoshi Falls To The Land Of Stars” or whatever from OVA 1 would have to be up there simply because of the way it introduces

her and her reaction on meeting Ryoko: ” You must be a watch-maker!” highlights her obliviousness.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 16: “I’ve got magic fingers!”

By Washu, from “The Night Beofre the Carnival”

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 17: OVA: The Night Before the Carnival

Washu’s examination

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Day 2: OTP? I think I said this in the 30 day anime challenge! Even though she’s too cool for him, I’m all for Ryoko gettin’ her man.

Day 3: Favorite villain? It’s OVA 1 Kagato, no doubt about it.

Day 4: Character I cosplay as? Sadly, I’ve never cosplayed as any Tenchi character! sadface1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 18: Tenchi Universe
      Day 12: I really can’t say I have a favorite piece of music.

Day 13: Yokoyama Chisa. iloveit1 soawesome1

Though it’s probably more for her title role in Sakura Taisen/Sakura Wars I have to admit.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 19: OVA 1 it’s something about it that puts it different than Universe. Maybe it’s the first, something like that.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 20: The ending of ep 26 when Ryoko comes back and hugs Tenchi
      SnowQueen
      *Day 3*

OVA Kagato, also Suzuka from the final two volumes of the All New Tenchi manga

*Day 4*

I tired going as Ayeka once and failed :( but I want to cosplay as her again as well as Ryoko and on of the Ai Tenchi girls.

Day 14 the one for Universe but only if you don’t count the non-Tenchi series like Dual!

because then it be Dual!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 21: Tenchi Muyo! In Love 1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 22: Dub. Petrea for the win
      Day 15: I think that would have to be in OVA 2 when Kagato looks to have killed Tenchi and all the girls have shocked expressions on their faces.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 24: My dislike is the same as everyone else’s: Kiss Ryoko already, Tenchi.
      Day 16: ” Will you be my guinea pig?” Washu meeting Tenchi in OVA 2.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 25: Wish I was like Washu, science beats everything
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 26: Moment that makes me cry, well not counting the Hexagram novel or Manga. The moment that almost makes me cry is OVA ep 6, the moment when Kagato almost kills Tenchi in front of Ryoko. The feels in that moment.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Super catch-up!

Day 5: Character as best friend? Ryo-Ohki would be a blast!

Day 6: Workout buddy? Regardless of knowing the hell I would go through, Old Man Yosho. He’d put me through the ringer and if I survived the training I’d be at least 150% more badass.

Day 7: Character crush? I fell hard for Ryoko from day one; but going back years later, I realize maybe I have a teeny tiny crush on Kiyone. ^^

Day 8: Crossover I’d like to see? With an emphasis on “see” El-Hazard. Come on!!! It’d be so cool, and it’s brimming with potential for series/dimensional crisscross love quadrangles/fleeting crushes/scheming hilarity.

Day 9: Character I hate? Lady Seto. She must surely have been designed to garner ire (yet maddeningly despite her antagonistic behavior, is not an antagonist proper at any point).

Day 10: Favorite Ending? “Talent For Love” (not just Tenchi, but it’s pretty much my favorite ending, period).

Day 11: Favorite Episode? Either first episode of OVA, or the last episode of Universe: the former is damn near objectively perfect, and the latter makes me feel the feels every single time. It’s sappy and heartfelt and fun, and that’s just any ol’ time I watch it: the first time seeing it, you’re so relieved at how everything turned out happily, there’s hope for the future, and for about a good solid minute or two you’re just downright giddy.

Day 12: Favorite music? A fun topic of discussion to be sure, and I genuinely love all of the music in Tenchi. I’m not sure if my answers will differ from when I was last asked this question, but if so only slightly: I love Ryoko’s theme, and Ryo-Ohki’s theme, and all of the OVA (all by one very talented Seikou Nagaoka) particularly the opening theme that draws you in so effectively. But, to get to the point already, I’ll say for the cream of the crop Tenchi music, look to the films, especially In Love. Everything about this film was done big budget, and the score was no exception; from an already stellar lineup, I’ll choose “Achika’s Theme” as a lifelong favorite of mine: not even three seconds in, and I’m welling up…bout twenty seconds in, I’m crying. Every time. Seriously. (Excuse me, I think I’ve got a movie to watch now….)

Day 13: Favorite VA/Seiyuu? I’ll pick one of each! Original English cast was awesome, but I gotta’ go with Petrea Burchard (you know, Ryoko) as my fav! Japanese end…well, shucks, this seems short-sighted, but I really like Ai Orikasa’s (you know, Ryoko) performances as well. She just sounds so aptly sultry!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 27: I don’t know anyone, so I didn’t recommend Tenchi to anyone
      Day 17 funniest scene: my mind’s a blank so I’ll just say anything with Mihoshi in it.I mean Mihoshi

tends to be the comic relief really so just about anything she’s in tends to be a bit hilarious.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Day 28: Who I share Tenchi with… I share with everyone at this forum

]

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      catching up and finishing

Day 29: my favorite: Ryoko

Day 30: One thing I would change about the show is get it a reboot or at least get Tenchi to marry Ryoko ( or have Ryoko drag Tenchi to the altar)

Day 18: Favorite Story Line has to be the entire Space And Time arch in Universe.
      Day 19: so I would go with having to pass on this one as I don’t quite understand the question about art style.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Day 19: so I would go with having to pass on this one as I don’t quite understand the question about art style.

Admittedly I should have phrased this better or made another question. Each series has it’s own style, how it looks and drawn. Mostly Tenchi stays the same look, but there are differences in each series.

But if you have a suggestion for a better challenge Question, please PM me

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Day 14: Fav OP? Universe opening gets me super pumped, and it’s awesome that the singer did it in Japanese AND English, but…favorite, I gotta’ give it up to the original OVA opening. Mysterious and enigmatic, it was very contemporary yet tinged with a air of the ancient, and now it’s my personal nostalgia-fueled time machine.

Day 15: Most shocking scene? The infamous “slap heard ’round the world” a.k.a. when Tenchi slaps Ryoko right in the face in Daughter of Darkness.

Day 16: Favorite quote? I got a lot, and most of them originate from Yosho; but as many here will suspect (yeah, yeah, roll them eyes, I don’t care): “You know, the carnival comes and goes…if you wait for a while, it’ll always come back to you…” – Ryoko, TU ep 26.

Day 17: Funniest scene? Darn that’s tough. But amazingly, amidst all the great memories I have over the years, a newbie is a serious contender for this prestigious position: ‘Bouncer Ryoko’ courtesy of Ai Tenchi Muyo! I mean…dayyuum that killed me first…oh, eight times? LOL and it still makes me chuckle every single time.

Day 18: Favorite Storyline? Again, almost impossible, but…despite what one may think of it based on the art style or the characters, the story of Tenchi Forever was in my opinion amazing, and objectively very ‘progressive’ for a Tenchi series because it treaded waters that no other incarnation of Tenchi had dared go near and to-date still hasn’t ever since.

Day 19: Preferred Art style design? Gotta’ say OVA 1: Not only is it ‘truest’ and had the budget to do so, but I subjectively like it the best. The bar was set appropriately high for great characters and content, cels painted beautifully, and those crisp nineties-style lines and eighties end-of-an-era ‘pointy’ hairstyles are as timeless as they are sexy (s’right, I said it, don’t itemize, take it all in).

SnowQueen
      Man I’m so far behind I don’t even know what day I go up to anymore…so I’m going to go up to ten. lol

*Day 5*

My best friend(s)? I want all the Masaki household as my best friends!

*Day 6*

If I was serious about working out then probably Kiyone but since I’m not…probably Ryoko because…there wouldn’t much working out.(lazy for life) XD

*Day 7*

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/ff/ea/20ffea75b2b69898f68a6e8101546b07.jpg" />

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f5/5f/7d/f55f7d9e0994e16e22d2336b75947d2b.jpg" />

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c0/a0/07/c0a007677887916125d067a50aa0e612.jpg" />

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bc/17/43/bc17437d233ac02664db97a7b83da941.jpg" />

*Day 8 *

I’m going to echo I think it was Who that I would love to see Tenchi x El-Hazard. ^^

*Day 9*

Hm…in the past I would say Sakuya but I don’t really hate her anymore lol I guess I would say…. basically almost all the newcomers in OVA 3. Just found most of them off putting and annoying/boring etc.

*Day 10*

Used to be Lonely Moon but I now I would probably say the ending to War on Geminar

Day 20:Happiest Moment: it has to be the ending to Tenchi Forever when Ryoko and Aeka

finally bring Tenchi home.

Day 21 has to be by default:Tenchi Forever since it was the only one that I have so far seen.
Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.