Tenchi Muyo RPG and Resource book

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Tenchi Muyo RPG and Resource book

• This topic is empty.
    While browsing Deviantart I came across something called the Tenchi Muyo RPG and Resource book. This sounded intriguing to me, so I googled it up and eventually I found a PDF download and had a quick browse and found this is some serious s**t.

I’m not kidding, it’s like D&D Tenchi style :scared:

Apparently, you can either select any character form the Tenchi Universe or create your own (Fancharacters ahoy) and you can create your own adventure!

Here’s where I got the PDF file

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go make an art meme out of this XD

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      I have this (I never played the RPG but wanted it out of Tenchi fan completism), it’s pretty fun to read. There’s one for Tenchi Universe too.
      GregTheLion
      Really? cool.

Guess I’ll have to go snoop around for that then.

susano
      I do hsve a copy of the same book. It is from this book when I learn that Tenchi’s school was in Kurashiki City.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      I have copies of both the OVA and Universe books, and I believe the Guardians of Order also put out a Shin book as well.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/ova_zpsc4766868.jpg" />

The OVA book is full color with lots of details and analysis of the world and characters of Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki prior to OVA3. It has complete rules on running a game and building characters, as well as character builds for the main cast in the Guardians of Order “Big Eyes Small Mouth” (BESM) RPG system. This is distinct from the d20 system used by Wizards of the Coast (i.e. D&D) products. The text also has two sample adventures as examples to show how the game would progress.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/universe_zps718cb8b5.jpg" />

The Universe book is grayscale, but likewise has lots of details and analysis for the TV series Tenchi Muyo! prior to TM!iL. Unlike the OVA book, it is not a stand-alone, but rather an add-on to the base rules found in the OVA book. The character builds in the Universe book also reflect the portrayal of the TV series, and even does comparison with their OVA counterparts where appropriate. In the GM’s chapter, there is a section devoted to mixing OVA and TV elements, as well as two sample adventures like the OVA book.

I haven’t seen the Shin book, but I’m assuming it’s similar to the Universe book, an add-on rather than a stand-alone.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/besm_zps61998e72.jpg" />

I’ve rolled-up two original characters and their gear back when I first got the OVA book, and have used both as references as I’ve written my fan fiction. I also own a copy of BESM d20, which is a conversion of the BESM system into the more conventional d20 system. I had begun a project to convert the TV series characters in to d20, but this was stymied by work. ^^; I do have character sheets for Mihoshi and Kiyone by doing this d20 conversion somewhere on my computer. <.<;

Sadly, as much as I’ve played d20 systems, I have not had the opportunity to play BESM, let alone a Tenchi campaign. I do recommend both books for any fan fiction author who is looking for accuracy and detail in their writing. ^^v

jgzinv
      BESM also put out a ruleset and so forth for Dual!… it’s in the back of the Eng Fan Guide.
      Kiyoka
      I have the Universe one! As with what ppl have said I haven’t tried using it, I just found it a good read. I just got confused in trying to make my own character (i.e Evil Kiyone) :Cheeks:
      I have a similiar one for Fushigi Yugi.It’s part of a set.Do the Tenchi ones include episode and character

synopsis?

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Yes, they do. ^^v
      Same with the Fushigi Yugi one I have.I think someone said the Tenchi one was from BESM,I checked the

Fushigi Yugi one I have and it’s the same company.

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      I have the OVA, Universe, In Tokyo of these books :)
      ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      Please pardon my necromancy blush1 , but I have the BESM 2e Tenchi Book on PDF, as well printed out in a binder minus the main character stats. But its got everything needed for character creation. Tenchismile

I bring it up because I’ve started a discord server for Tenchi RPG. I won’t be able to really get into GMing or anything till after next Monday or Wednesday and im finished with school this semester; but I thought it might be of interest to some folks on the forum. There’s also channels for General discussion as well as other tenchi related things and anime and gaming talk. Ill put up an invite link in the post for anyone interested, and I hope to see alot of familiar and maybe some new faces there! mmhmm1

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.