Tenchi Muyo! The Lost Audio Drama

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Tenchi Muyo! The Lost Audio Drama

• This topic is empty.
    So while I was looking through the old Animerica Hayashi interview the other day, I stumbled over this

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/Image%206_zpsrmuyatxy.png" />

I can’t believe I had glossed over this fact, that before everything, there was an audio drama that started it all.

So does anyone have any remote idea what said Audio drama is? And or where it’s at?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      I can take a crack at it. I know more than a few indexes of tenchi cds. Wont be fast though as I evidently caught a cold from that last con.

What time frame are we looking at? 1992?

Anonymous

JGZinv wrote:

I can take a crack at it. I know more than a few indexes of tenchi cds. Wont be fast though as I evidently caught a cold from that last con.

What time frame are we looking at? 1992?

According to good ol Wikipedia, any CD released before September 25th 1992(when the first episode of OVA1 released) is where we should start.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/89243978049/a-number-of-scans-from-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/89243978049/a-number-of-scans-from-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki

was this the part of the audio drama you were talking about, the date on it says before September 25 1992

Anonymous

Ukinojo92 wrote:

http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/89243978049/a-number-of-scans-from-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.tumblr.com/post/89243978049/a-number-of-scans-from-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki

was this the part of the audio drama you were talking about, the date on it says before September 25 1992

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this CD, It would also stand to reason that this was one (if not the original) audio drama because of the extremely early sketch of kagato.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this CD, It would also stand to reason that this was one (if not the original) audio drama because of the extremely early sketch of kagato.

Was it one of the crew that has this cd or did someone find while searching images on the internet and posted it

Nil Admirari
      none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

Was it one of the crew that has this cd or did someone find while searching images on the internet and posted it

I have a copy. There are 8 skits and a number of tracks heard from the first OVA, including a remix of the theme. I also have better scans of the images, but that post went up beforehand.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

I have a copy. There are 8 skits and a number of tracks heard from the first OVA, including a remix of the theme. I also have better scans of the images, but that post went up beforehand.

Can’t wait for a translation of the scans or transcript of the skits

Did they use the same cast?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Did they use the same cast?

It’s natural to assume so, Nil owns the CD so I would ask him, or someone else that owns it.

One would think so, but sometimes that isn’t the case because of other obligations that cast members might have or the usual unexpected such as illness that would make them likewise

unavailable.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Ask Nil, I tried to find the cast list but couldn’t
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      So I see in the CD’s are:

Chisa Yokoyama: Sasami

Ai Orikasa: Ryoko

Yumi Takada: Ayeka

Masami Kikuchi: Tenchi

So looks like the four main cast members, which is good since I can’t imagine anyone else doing

say Ryoko in the Japanese version than Orikasa Ai.The same with the others.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

So looks like the four main cast members, which is good since I can’t imagine anyone else doing

say Ryoko in the Japanese version than Orikasa Ai.The same with the others.

So Mihoshi and Washu seiyuu’s came in later in the OVA’s, unless there’s another Audio Drama

Well one would think that there would be more than just the one given the popularity of

it all.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well one would think that there would be more than just the one given the popularity of

it all.

Probably, but so far only one CD audio drama has been found and somewhat summed up.

thanks Nobuyuki.
      Julayla
      Participant
      Hmmm sounds interesting. If someone were to find the audio drama online, I’m sure he or she would gladly place a link to them.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.