tenchicast

• This topic is empty.
    are there going to be any more tenchicasts on youtube or is that dead?
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      only do tenchicasts when there is something to discuss about or when the group has the time
      segaman4
      is tenchicast ending
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Looks to be, is the impression I’m gettin’.

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_nFBnwfl30[/BBvideo]

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Maybe doing a best of because someone they can’t get together or getting ready for OVA 4 in order to remember the good times.
      Anonymous

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Maybe doing a best of because someone they can’t get together or getting ready for OVA 4 in order to remember the good times.

It wasn’t that we couldn’t get a cast together, and it’s not “ending” necessarily, nor is “Tenchiforum” ending, but the “crew” of Tenchiforum is / was conflicted about how we wanted to approach the future of Tenchi.

Instead of highlighting what we might not like for the future, I decided to highlight some of the best times we’ve had in Tenchicast, and by proxy Tenchi fandom, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll wonder why I never used Declipper in Audio editing software before 2015, lol.

Enjoy everybody.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks for this compilation, Dagon. Man, gettin’ some serious feels! Good times.

So, yes, excellent question! Is this the end of Tenchicast? Well…I’d like to think “no.” But, I guess time will tell. Perhaps the best way to put it is “yes, for now.” It was a difficult decision we all had to wrestle with, trying to come to a consensus, but basically here’s our logic:

What’s the big news in Tenchi Muyo! right now? OVA 4, of course. So, some people excited for that…by all means, get hyped (if you like cabbit-patch kids).

So, since that’s what’s going on in Tenchi fandom right now, and Tenchicast reports on whatever’s “the buzz” in the fandom…we figured people would have found it odd if, right after OVA 4 was announced (“announced” used in its broadest definition), we did podcast episodes that weren’t about OVA 4. But wait…Qu’est-ce que c’est? Why wouldn’t you just do a podcast episode about OVA 4? What’s the problem? Well, valid point, but…remember that whole “consensus” thing I mentioned above? About us, as a crew? Well, we decided, more or less…

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71cY9Ysy5U[/BBvideo]

Neither I nor anyone else of the regular crew really have anything positive to say about OVA 4 as it stands now: we’ve spent some five years demonstrably explaining why this would literally be the worst business/artistic integrity move you could possibly make, and yet here we are…AIC (or, more accurately, Miura) is making it and anyone attempting to explain why would just be throwing the bones at best (if you’d like, see my YouTube comment on the Best of Tenchicast episode).

I’ll just steal this from Dagon because I can’t think of a better way to sum it up: we don’t want to be “cheerleaders” for something we don’t genuinely believe in anymore. It’d be a choice between insincerity/sugarcoating the damage versus a one-hour continuous session of “here’s reason number [32] for why I hate what’s happening now” lol.

So, in the end, as Dagon mentioned, we may not be able to leave Tenchi Muyo! on a good note, but we sure as heck can with Tenchicast! And in the end, if it has to “end” (as all things inevitably do), we want it to be on a happy note remembering good times instead of dreading the future and repeating what we’ve been saying all these years spanning so many separate podcast installments….

But you know what they say about carnivals and all that. There may very well be more to come…someday. Ol’ Who might have one final trick up his sleeve. 😉

But until that day–when Tenchi Muyo! and, by extension, Tenchicast come back proper–just do what Dagon’s recommended all these years: stay gold!

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

Neither I nor anyone else of the regular crew really have anything positive to say about OVA 4 as it stands now:

It’s too early to know what’s in it, anyway. :P

SC-AJ
      I know I have been MIA for ages, and I hate my life for it, but watching the ‘Best of’ really brought up a lot of emotions. It was done in a way that would leave the listener satisfied, almost like closing a chapter in a book, but knowing there was more to come in the future.

with that said, at the same time I found myself wondering about what is next… what is to come? Whatever the case may be, I want to be here and see it when it comes.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SC-AJ wrote:

I know I have been MIA for ages, and I hate my life for it, but watching the ‘Best of’ really brought up a lot of emotions. It was done in a way that would leave the listener satisfied, almost like closing a chapter in a book, but knowing there was more to come in the future.

with that said, at the same time I found myself wondering about what is next… what is to come? Whatever the case may be, I want to be here and see it when it comes.

AJ, don’t hate yourself for not being on here more often! The forum’s here when you wanna’ stop on by, it’s not something anyone should have to feel like clocking in to or anything.

As for what’s next…well, I think I’ve waited long enough on this and the timing seems right to answer that question.

Introducing the “Who Cares About Anime” podcast!

(Get it? Cuz I’m wwwwhhhhoooo and…I…care about…okay, okay I know the wordplay’s kinda lame haha but it gives me a chuckle!)

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nTU4zxJrQ[/BBvideo]

How to solve the conundrum of wanting to do more podcasts but being unable to, at present, continue with Tenchicast??? I figured a “spin-off” podcast wherein Your Friendly Neighborhood Who covers various other titles with the same doting care and emphasis on intellectual/personal takeaways that we’ve all come to appreciate from Tenchicast.

Our most recent installment, as you can tell from above, is on Tenchi Muyo! (Which is why I figured now’s the time, if ever there were one, to try and bring everything full circle.) We’ve already covered quite a bit other titles including Outlaw Star, El-Hazard, Attack on Titan, and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure to name only a few; and, we’ve got many, many more titles planned for the future.

And like any good spin-off, you’ll feel like there’s fresh, new horizons to be explored while also retaining that comforting sense of familiarity…as familiar voices from your favorite “characters” of the Tenchicast series will occasionally make appearances alongside new ones.

If you’re able, we’d all appreciate your subscribing to us on YouTube OR checking us out on iTunes! (Links are in the video description.) You’re also welcome to leave suggestions for future shows you’d like to hear us talk about!

You all know that quote about “carnivals” and “if you wait long enough” right? Well, whoever said you couldn’t go and have fun at an entirely different carnival while you’re waiting?

Thanks for all your support over the years everyone via Tenchicast! and elsewhere. I hope you find this new series enjoyable in the meantime…cuz if/when Tenchicast ever comes back proper, I’ll be the first one hopping up and down with joy and letting the rest of ya’ll know about it.

badass1

Stay Gold, Space Cowboys & Cowgirls!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I would like to hear a podcast on Moldiver, it was briefly cameoed in Tenchi Universe and had 6 eps. It’s short so i thought it might be a good one to do.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks for the suggestion, Ukinojo! That reminds me…it’s kinda’ funny in all these years, I’ve yet to watch Moldiver (it’s funny because I’ve loved Tenchi Universe for so long, and as you pointed out Mihoshi seems to love it).

Ah, I love it when I have new/old (“nold”?) anime to check out.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/a_team_love_it_when_a_plan_zps4zcm9xox.jpg" />

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.