Tenchiforum Mumble moving to Discord!

Forums Getting Started Rules and Announcements Tenchiforum Mumble moving to Discord!

• This topic is empty.
    Mumble is a great app and has served us well over the years, but like everything else, a new up and coming one has dethroned it, and that one is Discord.

Discord has both advanced text chat AND Voice chat, and can be downloaded from here for both Windows and OSX

https://discordapp.com/

Have Linux? Don’t want to download anything? No problem! Click on the “connect” button at the bottom of the embedded window at the bottom of the forum and discord will open in your browser!

Also, Push-to-Talk for voice chat is mandatory, if you do not like using push to talk, please stay in text chat channels only

(you can also click this link https://discord.gg/0PzvNpw143xOaTff for 24 hours and join that way)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      NinjaboyMMGN
      Downloading it now. Send me the chat details?
      jgzinv
      The login is the URL there.

The room itself is basically 0PzvNpw143xOaTff

ChaudSept
      Fun fact : If you didn’t join the server within the first 24 hours using the instant invite, you can’t use the desktop app, nor any other mobile application.

So you can’t create account yet, for the server of course.

JG witness my presence on the server yesterday, but today I fooled around with the soft and disconnected myself of it (ya stoopid).

Now I can’t join it unless I use a browser. (And so my account is useless for now).

Aaand, of course, if you clic and the connect button below, chrome asks you if you want to lauch an external app, say yes, but then you still need an instant invite to join. Too bad.

EDIT : Problem solved, don’t know how nor why

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I tried clicking on the “connect” button at the bottom of the little discord box, and it changes to a “The address is not valid” page. I’m just using internet explorer, pop up blocker lowered, and it still doesn’t show. I don’t want to download anything, and I’m not trying to start something, it’s just the button to talk freely and causally whenever is not working for some reason. Has this problem occurred with anyone else?
      jgzinv
      The link expired for the invite. I have to tell a lot of people the instant invite links aren’t forever.

Try this – https://discord.gg/0PzvNpw143ulcepY

If it still doesn’t work you might need to update Java or something.

I can understand Edge, but IE…. sounds really painful.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

JGZinv wrote:

but IE…. sounds really painful.

Yeah, for some reason it says it’s not compatible for some reason.

jgzinv
      Time to catch up with Sept 2002 and get a better browser.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.