Tenchiforum Plays: The Yawhg

Forums Off Topic Video Games Tenchiforum Plays: The Yawhg

• This topic is empty.
    none
    [align=center]http://i.imgur.com/TRj46qH.png" />

What is The Yawhg?

[/align]
    The Yawhg is a choose your own adventure style, text-heavy RPG of sorts. It is also the name of the horrible thing which S̼̮̣͎̯̒̄̾̓̉̓ͧô̶̹̬̗̠̥̪͙̓͒͗l̓ͩ̌ͣ̅̌ͭ҉̟̞̺̹͖̪o̯͓̣͐m̆͏͍̱̘̻̦̘̯ŏn͇͉̻͎̅ͬͩ͜ ọ̡̪͍̯̙̬͓̲̱̠͙̫͔͖͒̓̓̈̓̃͌ͮ͂̓̂ͥ̈̄̄̆ͣ͑͞v̸̷͓̯̠̥̰̭͐ͥ̆̿ͩ̈́̒̓̆̉ͦ̎e̵̢̟̫̞̭͗̊͑̏ͬ̃ͫ͒̈́ͨ̿ͣͯ̇̀́̚̚͝r̾̅ͤ̆̑͏̰͖͚̠̳̻͎̜͉͈̼̭͡͡l̨̢̺͎̞̯͔͇̳͈̟̮͙̰͉̤̤̭͌̎̃̓ͩo̶̴͙͖̥͈̫̝̣͖̯̥̭̭͕̘̔ͮ́ͦ͑̀͆͒ͫ̾̿͐̔ͩ́̚͞o̵̢̳͕͕͙̫͈̫̘̘̘̊͂̉́̏ͤ͑̋̐ͨ̇̽̌ͅk͖̩͍̩͇̠ͨͣ̑̊ͥ͗͛͛͌ͮ͒́͝ͅeͥ͆ͧ̔ͭ̅͑̏͑ͬ҉̝͚̭̪̹͕͔̤͎͙͈̫͕̀dͮ́́̓ͨ̇͐̏̐̿̔͒ͩ͆̃͋̕͢҉̙̻͍͇̠̦̼͖̙̲̻͍.

Players take the role of 4 characters living their life out in a medieval seaside town which is unknowingly being targeted by the mysterious Yawhg, an unmentionable disaster/creature/event/plot device which will wipe the city off the face of the map in six weeks. Each turn, players will pick what their character will do for the week, gaining stats which will help them overcome whatever obstacles happen when it hits. There are also small encounters and quests which can help or hinder a player based on their stats and/or their decisions. Decisions other players make have a chance of coming back to bite someone else in the ass!

The goal is to unwittingly prepare your character for the apocalyptic event looming ahead, run into crazy occurances and laugh at how horribly everything has gone wrong.

tl;dr edition: you make a few choices six times, make brain hurt with words, Hail, Big Fire! Allegiance or death!

[align=center]How do we play?

http://i.imgur.com/YZCHWeo.jpg" />

Click here for the Stream Page[/align]

Well, here’s the kicker. The game is only built for offline co-op play which unfortunately we can’t take advantage of. That said, we can still play the game together. What i’m going to do is stream myself playing the game for everyone, entering the decisions for each person. There is a 4 player max so at the start of a session we’ll have one person claim each character and for the rest of that session they will tell me what to select when that character’s turn comes around. After we all fuck up horribly or succeed beyond what even the human spirit thought possible, we’ll shuffle in another 4 for another session.

I’ve done this in the past when the game first came out and folks seemed to enjoy it a lot, so I think the fine folks at Tenchiforum would be able to get some good laughs out of the madness.

[align=center]So when is this happening, Nil?

http://i.imgur.com/0mev8XG.jpg" />[/align]

I don’t know! I figure with some folks being on break this week it would be a great opportunity for the maiden voyage of Tenchiforum Plays: The Yawhg. I’m thinking sometime either Tuesday or Wednesday night. Post to let me know when it will work best for you! Once we have a good idea of what time and day we’re going to do this on, keep an eye on minichat around that time for the stream link.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      This sounds great! I should be available both of those evenings.
      WisperG
      This sounds like it could be a lot of fun! I’m not sure how late we’re talking here, but I’m not available on Tuesday or Thursday nights until about 7:30 or 8:00PM. I should be around earlier on any other night though.
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I’m down for this! :D Anytime is good with me this week, truth be told.
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Nil Admirari
      none
      I guess we’ll give a bit more breathing time for this thread to let more folks know and be ready, but I’ll go ahead and set the time to be Wednesday, March 5th @8PM EST.
      I’m down for this
      Crazed
      none
      This game just outright hates the Irish.
      Anonymous

Crazed wrote:

This game just outright hates the Irish.

We flourish

I get eaten for all eternity

wtfisthis1

Nil Admirari
      none
      Let it be known that if you are playing as the green character, Irish Red, you are probably going to get fucked in every hole by misfortune.

So much for the Luck o’ d Irish.

Also Chuck was single-handedly responsible for the destruction of all of the reconstruction efforts by spawning a doorway to hell and letting the deaddites run the train on the town.

And Princess is a werewolf that is eating the fleeing people of the good town who are running off into the woods in search of a new home?

Our first night was a roaring success! I’d like to thank Dagon, Who, Pii, Shadows, Crazed, Chuck and Wisper for being there tonight and making horrible things happen. Tales of the horrors which unfolded shall be laughed about for a while to come – but don’t be sad if you missed out! I will be doing another stream of it on Friday but with two other groups of people involved and fighting for a space to play. It will be a madhouse so be ready for it.

Otherwise, we will most certainly be returning to play more as just the Tenchiforum crew in the near future. We can plan a night or just bust it out if enough people want it! kiyonesmile1

Nil Admirari
      none
      For those of you who missed out, the replay videos (which got split into 3 for some reason) are now available on youtube for all!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wM4J9eH4fs[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNNIZucZfA[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J4T3Z5hYu4[/BBvideo]

I’d also like to remind everyone that I will be doing a large clusterfuck run of The Yawhg with a bunch of folks tonight at 8PM EST. Tenchiforum crew is invited along of course.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.