The Anime Villaness Appreciation Thread

Forums Off Topic Other Anime The Anime Villaness Appreciation Thread

• This topic is empty.
    In this thread list and discuss your favorite bad girls of anime.

Please note just because a female character is a villianess doesn’t necessarily imply she is evil.It could be she’s simply on the wrong side or else her goals are opposite of the hero or heroine’s.Also note that sometimes a villianess may be doing things that are wrong without knowing it(*Koff*Yui*Koff*).

Also sometimes it’s actually easier rooting for the bad guys(*Koff*Fushigi Yugi*Koff*)

So with that out of the way my own list of fave bad girls:

1.Kagura,Inuyasha:that is until she started to wimp out.Though at the start she was a real badass.

2.Hongo Yui,Fushigi Yugi:even if Nakago basically twisted her by lying all about what happened to her

still she’s a lot more interesting character than her erstwhile friend Miaka.

3.Queen Beryl,Sailor Moon:she gets points for being both a villianess and having red hair.. 😆

4.Dark Mercury,PGSM:I‘m cheating a bit here since it’s the live action version but she’s still awesome.

5.Raindevilla,Wedding Peach:Actually one of the saddest cases because her backstory turns out to be so bittersweet.

6.Marlier,Ah!My Goddess:The way all her plans keep going awry thanks to Belldandy and her sister

Goddesses you have to feel a bit sympathetic well also laughing at her misfortune! 😆

7.Beatrice,Blassreiter:again once you get into her backstory it’s so easy to understand why she’s the way she is.

8.Misa,Death Note:and also probably one of the most popular characters in the series.

9.Fate,Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha:She’s an interesting case where someone starts off as a villianess and becomes one of the heroines later on.Then again the whole thing with her mother makes Shinji’s relationship with Gendo look normal.

10.Nagi,Tenchi Universe:I put her on the list because of her rivalry with Ryoko and the fact she seems to work against the Tenchi gang.

And so that’s my list for now.Anyone else?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      For me, feminine anime villainy can be summed up in one character:

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m3/mononoke-driver.jpg" />

Lady Eboshi. She’s not evil, she’s just trying to take over the world! Lol, in all seriousness though, I have always loved how her character’s motivations were always just noble enough to justify her means (at least in her view). She was a phenomenal counter to the brash self-assured righteousness of San and the determined impartiality of Ashitaka. Plus, if that wasn’t enough, the woman basically killed the “God” of her world without batting an eye!

SnowQueen
      @ mitsuki lover-

I love Kagura and RainDevilla as villaness :)

My Favorite Villianess is between Lust from FMA and Margery Daw from Shakugan no Shana though they are more tragic characters they both are pretty badass and it’s hard to choose one over the other.

Yeah,Lust is definitely a tragic character and one of the better villians in FMA.I don’t know about Brotherhood though since I haven’t seen it.
      SnowQueen
      If I remember right Lust doesn’t have the tragic background in Brotherhood like she did in the original she wasn’t in the show long enough to have much of a back story sadly. (anyone can correct me if I’m wrong) But she’s still the same bad-ass though. :3
      Now having seen all but the Overture OVA of the original Rozen Maiden I shall add Suigintou to my list.

She’s also my second favorite Doll after Shinku.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.