The Truth Is Still Out There!

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat The Truth Is Still Out There!

• This topic is empty.
    It has been announced by FOX that they will be bringing The X-Files back to the small screen

this Summer.

It will be billed as a 6 episode ‘Special Event'(whatever happened to the term Mini-Series?).

The dates and times to be determined later.

So far all that is known about it is that Creator Chris Carter will have a hand in the script and producing,and series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as

FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.

Other cast announcements have yet to be made.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I can’t wait! I knew this was coming for a while, but I still freaked out when I heard the official announcement :D The X Files was the most popular and most important science fiction show of all time. It’s hard to fathom looking at “hugely popular” shows like Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica that they really only capture a small share of the total tv market. X Files on the other hand dominated tv in the 90s, and not just with scifi fans. With the possible exception of The Twilight Zone, no other scifi series has EVER, before or since, been as successful and universally loved beyond the Nerd-shere we scifi geeks inhabit. Im thrilled to see this great triumph of tv return, and I hope it doesnt disappoint.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I watched a few X Files when it was on in the 90’s. I’m hoping for a story that doesn’t count on old episodes or the movies to get. I would really like a story arc that would be just for that 6 episodes for itself and maybe some small callbacks.
      Let’s hope it lives up to all the hype. 13 years is a long time after all.
      Not sure this will work out – it’s great to have Duchovny and Anderson back but that second film was a damp squib and I wonder if they’ll ever be able to recapture any of the old magic.
      Nil Admirari
      none
      All I’m sayin is, with both X-Files and Twin Peaks making a comeback at the same time, Duchovny better be able to perform as both Mulder and Denise.
      And not be confused as to which is which or else Gillian Anderson is going to be really one freaked out

FBI Agent!

We have until January to find out.
      I was surprised to read they didn’t have a series bible and that it was supposed to be from Scully’s

pov.

I wonder if this will be the finale or if it gets good ratings they might try another follow up season

later on.

Also IIRC, didn’t Mulder and Scully have a son? Wasn’t that mentioned in one of the movies?

btw:Jose Chung’s From Outer Space was one of my favorite episodes for multiple reasons:

1. it guest starred Charles Nelson Reilly* as the title character.

2.IIRC it’s the only one that had a sequel episode in the X Files spin off Millennium.

3.It’s the only one where we see Mulder and Scully through someone else’s eyes.

4.It was weird and funny at the same time.

5.The whole thing was just brilliantly written.

*in case you’re too young to remember Charles Neslon Reilly was a comedian/actor who was a regular on the ’70s game show Match Game and Match Game PM.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I don’t think the movies are considered in the mini series, I think they just forgot them and made a closed story arc. The story that they made, and nothing else.
      That might be it.
      *Bump is out there!*

Because of the Grammys being on tonight on CBS I shall finally get to watch at least an episode of the new X Files. Haven’t been able to before because of Supergirl. I still don’t understand why FOX didn’t put it back on it’s original time of Friday nights.

Finally saw an episode of the new X Files. The two new characters were an interesting compliment to Scully and Mulder. It was also fun to see how they arrange it so that Fox gets with the

Skeptic and Dana gets with the Believer.

David Duchovny wondering around like he was high was fun. Though they did have that

WTF moment when he hallucinates that the female skeptic agent is a dominatrix that leads to his

vision of the death boat that leads to the solution of the case.

Weirdly fun as per normal( though one has to wonder about Mulder at times).

Almael
      Well, since season 2 there’s some change in how the stories are written which made me kind of lost interest. I did follow up to season 4 but afterwards it’s sketchy. So I dunno about their child but since kept repeating all the time… I guess it’s true. So much for believing lies. 😆

As to the new season, episode 1 was like a collection of all their stereotypical conversations and other lore for hard core fans. Also it’s combining all the layman’s conspiracy theories but missing out the Illuminati! Heh. Hardly a true X-file episode so I was kind of turned off. Episode 3 is like a parody/comedy and quite entertaining. You gotta see this one or seriously regret it. [hidden]Werehuman!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3131/2900289171_5f0db62f92_z.jpg" />[/hidden] It seems this has influenced more or less how later episodes are scripted. In a way there’s more humor, sarcasm, self criticism, in other words midlife crisis!

If that episode was anything like Jose Chung’s From Outer Space then yeah, I shall have to see it as soon as I get my hands on the DVD. I loved that episode for the combination of weirdness and humor and of course for the fact it had freakin’ Charles Neslon Reilly as the guest star! 😆
      Almael
      The story plot pattern are similar but not as complex. It’s a simple one way story that is more comedic and entertaining.

Edit: Btw. the two episodes were written by the same guy, Darin Morgan. According to wikipedia’s rating data collections both have the highest rating of the season.

Well, a little outline to quench your thirst of curiosity. Whether it is true or not, you are free to believe or hypotized. :P
      One night, a pair of humans locked in a tight and wild embrace stumbled over a nocturnal forest dweller, in the ensuing chaos the dweller got away with a hickey with teeth marks. When the sun came up he transformed into a hairless human! Overcome by human impulses, too disturbing to describe, he found his way into the human community. At the end of the day while looking for food he got ridiculed, criticized, and harassed by a woman in public. He took his kill anyway. Following his compulsive human urges and needs his mind became corrupted by p0rn, fear of material loss, and fear of social descend. Crazed he ran toward a prostitute who promptly rejected him. She told Mulder and Scully he was too horny (for her taste) which peaked Scully’s interest. Scully was more interested in the stuff he had down there and asked whether it was like that of a horse. Obsessed, Mulder searched all over the place and cornered him in the toilet. Mulder realizing the absurdity of the situation let him go. Dazed, he returned to his room only to be scarred to death by a peeping Tom. When Scully showed up he lost control. Arriving late, Mulder chased after him with blood shot eyes. A fight to the death ensued until he stood tall over the fallen Mulder. He confessed he had amazing hot sex with Scully who had succumbed to his thing… Mulder told him a medical operation could change one’s gender. He jumped on the idea hopping to get rid of his curse. Depressed, Mulder drown himself with a bottle suggested by a witch master and fell asleep among the dead… Scully went by herself again. She ended up in an intense embrace which turned to a wild ride. Coming late again, Mulder cought her on top of the killer. Before the killer could tell Mulder the details Scully cut him off and sent him away. Mulder stormed off and went after him…

mmmm1
      Almael
      X file: Dorothy lost in the haunted forest… and then there was only half left. 😈

[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AIyIOcHKA[/BBvideo]

Edit: Updated the episode text for a better witness report. All facts are true! 😈

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.