Thoughts on Supergirl

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Thoughts on Supergirl

• This topic is empty.
    Monday saw the premiere of the Supergirl tv series and so here are my thoughts:

* This was more in the line of Lois And Clark than Smallville.

* Gonna have to watch Gotham when it’s rerun because I really enjoyed watching S-Girl.

* So Jimmy Olson was sent by Supes to watch over Kara/S-Girl.

*Kara’s maternal aunt is going to be the show’s Big Bad!!!…speak of Dysfunctional Families! 😆 😆

* Best Line: “Call me James Olson…only the Big Guy and my mom get to call me Jimmy.”

* Kara’s sister is part of the Secret Government Organization shadowing Kara.

* We really need a cross over with The Flash and maybe even Agents of SHIELD

* You can tell the actress playing Kara is having a bunch of fun.

*Finally Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant…who knew Ally McBeal could be such a bitch?

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Replies
      *So S-girl makes a lot of mistakes early on it seems. And most of the early part of episode 2 is her getting yelled at as either Kara or S-girl.

*Looks like now that Aunt Astra isn’t the real big bad after all as she seems to be reporting to someone else.

*Cat gets real snarky when she mentions her former colleagues at the Daily Planet.

*Neither Astra or Kara seem to be aware of Kryptonite until they’re exposed to it.(Shouldn’t have Supes have given his cousin the heads up sometime before she moved to National City?)

*If that dude was an insect I would hate to see the size of insecticide needed on his world! 😆

*Ok now: when Hank Henshaw’s eyes glowed red does that mean he’s really the Cyborg?

They’re finally showing the episode that was replaced last week because of the Paris attacks.

I wonder if they’ll ever get Mary Marvel or Power Girl to show up eventually.

Almael
      Power Girl, please!

As I feared from episode 5 the relationship issue wasn’t satisfying.

I will bet Hank Henshaw is either the martian head hunter or some such alien if uses the Smallvile ideas. At worse he’s supe’s arch enemy Doomsday.

And when does General Zod show up?

I thought that Kara’s aunt was taking the place of General Zod or maybe he’s still in the background

since Kara’s aunt seemed to be reporting to someone else. I’m still betting that Henshaw is the Cyborg. There is the question though as why the DEO is holding Dr.Danvers.

I think if Henshaw is indeed the Cyborg, he’s probably using his connections in some plan to get at

Supes.

btw: So far Supergirl has the most evenly divided audience between men and women of any

Superhero series.

Well Red Tornado turned up last episode. Also Lucy’s dad General Lane. Am I the only one who thinks part of the reason he hates Jimmy is because *gasp* Jimmy happens to be BLACK!?

Yeah I pretty much suspect that there has to be a bit of racism to go along with the ” I-Hate-Aliens”

attitude.

Also at the end when Kara bleeds is that a hint that RT may have been equipped with some form of

kyrptonite? It would make sense since General Lane talked about how he wanted to use RT against any possible Kyrptonian threat.

btw and off topic but Marvel’s Agent Carter returns in January. This show has begun to remind me of an American verison of The Avengers and not the one you’re thinking of either; the one featuring Steed and Mrs. Peel…That Avengers.

Almael
      Uhm isn’t that the point why Jammy is “James” and why he’s dark skinned?

Or maybe he got transformed by some alien?

Henshaw is Cyborg…perhaps. It would make the way he dealt with the bomb sense.

Quote:

btw: So far Supergirl has the most evenly divided audience between men and women of any

Superhero series.

Pretty sure it’s all due to Kara and Cat. There aren’t many western show with such good “natural” actors. I kind of missing Eureka. Without Cat I doubt it would be as popular. And what other “odd” names are going to appear next? Note the Mr. Lord’s slogans.

Quote:

btw and off topic but Marvel’s Agent Carter returns in January. This show has begun to remind me of an American verison of The Avengers and not the one you’re thinking of either; the one featuring Steed and Mrs. Peel…That Avengers.

Quote:

Agreed.

I was pointing out a reason why General Lane might not like having his younger daughter be in a relationship with Jimmy.

And AFAIG with Cat…well…she is played by “Ally McBeal😆

Though no dancing babies.

Seriously though Calista Flockhart does a good job of it. This last episode she showed how human

Cat Grant is in the scenes with her mother.

Almael
      I think Cat was plenty enough motherly to Kara before with her “lectures”.

Btw. I was wondering which idea or who was first

General Lane or General Ross (the Hulk movie)?

That’s a good question. I think General Ross might have been first.Though the Supergirl comic orignally came out in 1959 a few years before Lee and Kirby came up with The Hulk.
      Well that certainly wasn’t what I expected: instead of the Cyborg Superman Hank Henshaw is actually J’onn J’onzz the Martian Manhunter! soawesome1

And the real kicker is if you go to the DC website they have an interview with David Harewood the actor who plays Henshaw/J’onzz. In it he admits he was never a DC fan growing up but rather a Marvel Zombie! 😆 😆

It’s not until he got the role that he started to read the comics and got really into them, rather

ironic.

Oh and speaking of J’onn J’onzz there’s an interesting bit of Batlore: in one of the ’90s( I think it was) Batman comics he disguises himself as a Japanese woman named:REI HINO! 😆

Though Bruce realizes it’s him because of the alias(I think this bit of lore is well known amongst

SM fandom).

Aside from that it was interesting to see in the last episode Kara have to cope with being human and not have her powers.Also Cat goes to bat for S-Girl when Maxwell Lord disses her for not being around when people need her.

Kara’s aunt deliberately let’s herself get caught by the DEO so that the Fort Rozz Prisoners can

stage a raid at Maxwell Lord’s HQ. Meanwhile Kara and the boys stop a corporate takeover of

Catco.

But the big thing was: Cat reveals she suspects Kara is S-Girl and forces Kara to reveal her true

identity!

Those that mean she also knows Clark is Supes?

Almael
      Well, I asked myself why Kara wasn’t hacked but Cat. Not like I wasn’t interested in her…secrets. It’s also interesting (expected) that Kara’s aunt might get betrayed/replaced by her subordinate.
      The episode also revealed that Non actually is Supergirl’s aunt’s husband.

And I really love the fact that Kara’s adoptive older sister can kick butt too, even though she doesn’t have any superpowers like her little sister.

Almael
      I wonder if we are going to see Batman/Wonder woman as he/she appears more often in the “newer” comics.
      Well tonight we get Toy Man.

What I wonder is will we get to see our favorite interdimensional Imp some time in the future?

Almael
      😆

I can’t think of why not. How could this show pass it up with the way they namings things.

Well they had Toy Man on this week and next week looks to be the White Martian.

James is undecided whether or not he wants to be working with Lucy. Lucy doesn’t seem to

be too sisterly about her relationship with Lois.

And Maxwell Lord is definitely trying to out Luthor Luthor!

So Monday we got the White Martian and a little of J’onn’s backstory on Mars. Next week a

Supergirl vs. Evil Supergirl matchup.

and unrelated: Reverse Flash was back on The Flash Tuesday and Harrison Wells of Earth-2 had

to go into an explanation of time travel to explain how he could still be alive.

Almael
      The copy S-Girl is either another robot or martian. Too bad last time we didn’t see supies famed imposter/replacement robots. Now that James and hobbit Winn are off the list, enters sunny boy Adam. You can’t go wrong betting on him.

There are too many time travel explanations these days. The writers are too lazy to come up with something good. tenchiahhhhhh

I can’t see Kara and Cat’s oldest son right now as a thing. Maybe later on if Adam becomes more of a regular.

There certainly seems to be someone, whether Maxwell Lord or someone else, in the background

manipulating everything.

Finally caught up with the pilot for Legends of Tomorrow on Thursday. I vote for the actor

that plays Rip Hunter to be the next incarnation of the Doctor! iloveit1 soawesome1

Either Hawkgirl or White Canary could be his companion.

Ha! So the mysterious anti-Supergirl was actually Bizarro Supergirl aka Bizarro Girl.

And now after Alex and the DEO kidnapped Lord I wonder what they’re going to do.

And now they’re going to be doing a Supergirl/ Flash crossover at the end of March.

Apparently Barry will race over to National City.

Personally I’m still wanting a DC/Marvel live action tv crossover.

Almael
      Cat naming “Bizarro” is so unimaginative compared to the other namings. At least the writers should have named her “Bizarria”.

Of course Lord will be freed or escape. He must have some strange bedfellows.

I doubt DC/Marvel will happen anytime soon as long as they stay successful separated.

At most we might see the Justice League or parts of it from time to time.

I so want a Flash/Agents of SHIELD crossover just to see the craziness that would happen if we ever got Cicso and Fitz and Simmons together in the same lab! 😆

So…Non got a Black Mercy plant to attack Kara and we get to see her life if Krypton hadn’t

exploded. Weird seeing Kal-El actually younger than his cousin because we forget she’s the older

but he spent all those decades on Earth growing up while she was stuck in that No-Man’s Land

in space.

Lord actually helped out in this episode (although reluctantly). And now two things:

1.What will happen when Kara finds out Hank lied about killing her aunt?

2.What is the end game that they were planning?

Also next month Barry shows up!

Almael
      I expected to see Aliens mass infection but the telepathic parasite “black mercy” is just like from some Star Trek Voyager episode. And why’s no one shrinking back when it moves away from Kara?

And if you haven’t noticed Kal-El has same hair color as Kara meaning he’s blond!

The rogue Kryptonians plan their ops like normal human despite having super powers like superman. With god like powers but they need a computer virus to take over satellites. I would have simply exchange parts of the satellites directly and no one would be able to counter that. No need to wait for solar flares etc. And why’s every Krytonian (council guards) in her dream wearing the family’s symbol?

1. Astra’s death was good but why does she have to stab her and not slash her (just wound her). If Imho Kara finds out she will be sad but nothing will change. Kara wasn’t there and as Hank said Alex is still the big sister/hero.

2. Some weird script writer idea that doesn’t make sense…

I don’t expect Non to live for long. He probably gets killed just when he’s about to triumph by some new super villain or hero or else. There’s going to be new cast members!

Yeah, that’s a good question about why everyone of the guards and Council members are wearing the symbol for the House of El.

Perhaps it could be because the House of El is so powerful that they wear it out of fear and respect.

I think so far Non is the only major Kryptonian we met that doesn’t belong to the House of El.

(I mean that has a regular or recurring role.)

Another idea is that because everyone is so used to seeing the S symbol they didn’t bother with trying to come up with any others. Meaning the producers are cheap.

And what happened to all the non-Kryptonians in Non and Astra’s little army? Are they all locked up at the DEO now?

Yeah, it’s weird that Kal-El would have blonde hair when we are used to seeing him with black.

Then again we have yet to see the actor who played Clark in the opener return to see if the grown up version has black or blonde hair. And since The Flash is coming next month why not

have Supes himself show up one of these days. After all Kara is his Older cousin and he

shows interesting in helping her out; so why not have him show up?

Almael
      I think it’s a bit more like less caring rather than just being cheap. As far as real cost goes it’s only a difference of paying license for a design. But those from the Reeves movies are long past copyright’s 20 years. *shrugs*

mitsuki lover wrote:

And what happened to all the non-Kryptonians in Non and Astra’s little army? Are they all locked up at the DEO now?

The DEO is actually the prison ship that crashed. It’s said most escaped so only those caught are at the DEO. I presume the majority are under Kryptonian rule. They just didn’t get screen time yet. :P

I don’t think we will ever see supes in a regular episode unless it’s some special. I bet he’s blond in his human disguise.

I must have missed the part when it came out that the DEO HQ was Fort Ross.

Well Supergirl has been traditionally blonde, even the Linda Danvers version had a blonde wig

to cover her normal brunette hair.

Poor Jo’nn I wonder how he feels having to shapeshift into Kara or Supergirl when need arises.

OTOH in the Death And Life Of Superman the Matrix Supergirl when she still had her shapeshifting ability had to do the same to cover for Clark when Superman was ‘killed’.

(She lost them when she merged with Linda and was only able to morph back and force from

Supergirl to Linda from then on until they were separated.)

And AFAIG with the whole 52 thing. As they explain it at the DC Comics website it all has to do with the 52 comics they came out with a few years back during the entire reboot.

Almael
      Well, I’m not so into the newer ones, although, I have glanced at some. Mostly those significant ones.

It appears the Kryptonians have a sun god Ra or [Ræul]?

Now, Kara got demoted and replaced by Siobhan. This could give us some amusing cat fights.

Cat: “Oh, the burden of Power!”

Rao. I think one of the first mentions was in The Death And Life Of Superman. Basically Rao

is the Kyrptonian version of Ra ( or so it seems) and thus the similarities in names.

Siobhan is actually the Silver Banshee. I knew it right off the bat when I saw her name. Then again

the previous Silver Banshee was also named Siobhan ( I guess they love that name for her! 😆 )

Basically some type of Celtic Supervillainess.

So next week the Fortress of Solitude! iloveit1

btw: I would have to agree with Kara or whoever noted that whatever Myrmidon is it’s scary enough to make a hologram quake in it’s boots.

So S-Girl is still pissed at Hank and decides to go her own. The new Bad in town turns out to be from a race that is capable of existing online. She highjacks a ride in a general’s cell phone and then

starts to launch nukes toward the city.

S-Girl is barely in time and after a drag out knock down fight manages to intercept the missile.

But she can’t stop it by herself and has to call the DEO and get Hank’s help.

Afterward she decides that working with Hank is a lot better than by herself.

Alex than breaks down and tells her the truth. Real weepy moment here and then Kara consoles her

sister.

Hank tries to get out of the way but Kara stops him and grabs his hand.

So it looks like thinks are back to normal on that front.

Meanwhile Lucy breaks off with James because she realizes he loves Kara and Kara loves him.

Mainly since he never told her the same story about his camera that he told Kara.

Bonus:

So Agent Carter Season 2 ended yesterday. It also looks like every time they have a new

Director for the SRS he ends up getting killed in the final episode. I wonder if this is their way

of boosting Sousa into the Director’s Chair?

Ah yes March 14 and the first appearance of Red Kyrptonite and Kara goes all crazy.
      Almael
      Uhm, are you sure we will see Barry next year?

Siobhan said she doesn’t care about guys who are 6 feet under, so how come Kara catches them together in the closet?

Lucy got changed out and the way things go it seems Siobhan won’t stay much longer. She gradually starts losing out to Kara with Cat.

I meant next week. Or at least I think it’s next week. All I know is that tonight Siobhan is

going after Kara. Who knows maybe we get Silver Banshee tonight?

On a side note what I read Superman V Batman was considered a hit.

So now basically Alex and J’onn are on the lam after this weeks episode. Also Dr. Danvers isn’t dead.

Looks like they are thinking of using Dean Cain a bit more now.

Cat is definitely nobody’s fool. I wonder if she’d ever think of hiring Ally McBeal for her legal

department. 😆

Next week is the long awaited crossover with The Flash. So it appears that they do not share the same universe as in the trailer Kara says something about Barry coming from a different universe.

And speaking of Barry and The Flash: a) no the mystery female speedster wasn’t

Jesse Quick! and b) Earth 2 has some really weird blood types since Harry says Jesse has

type PC Negative to which Cisco says:”You do know that isn’t a thing here.”

Almael
      Not yet! Cat wants a second chance to boot Siobhan with emotion! After that you can call Ally. 😆

You mean Cain gets to do a heroic dying scene.

Isn’t it RhD-negative Platelet Concentrate (PC) administrated to pregnant women?

*bump*

No they made it plain that it was her blood type.

AFAIG with the crossover: at one point Barry asks Kara if she’s ever heard of The Flash or Green Arrow

or any of the other Superheroes and is surprised when she says no. This and the fact that he’s surprised when she takes off after ‘rescuing’ her were pretty good signs he warnt in Kansas any more! 😆

One of the best lines was Cat’s about them looking like “the cast of some CW show!”

(way to dig at the competition CBS! woooo1 )

And finally Siobhan becomes the Silver Banshee!

Almael
      😆

Was about time.

Barry: Let’s settle this like women. iloveit1

Heh. CBS is mostly about police shows. They did Almost Human and Continuum because they are also cop shows. But when it comes to Trek it’s no go.

Tonight Non starts his plan by turning hoomans into his zombie army.

AFAIG: so basically they’re turning Star Trek into Dragnet and Emergency!, is that it?

It be funny if Pierce was in honor of Hawkeye Pierce from MASH, ’cause y’know the whole thing

they have for it that TPTB in Trekdom have for it.

I totally messed up with last week, but in any case the episode was mainly about Non turning everyone that was human in National City into zombies. The only ones not affected were

Kara, Cat and Maxwell Lord who of course figured out ahead of time that Non might do something

like that so had created tech to block the satellite. He gave Cat earrings that possessed the tech in

miniature so she wouldn’t be affected.

Then Alex learns about what’s happening and goes with Kara despite her mom and J’onn warning her. Of course she winds up captured by Non and gets brainwashed to attack Kara which is where we are now.

And did I mention that Supes also gets affected because as Maxwell states he might be Kryptonian:

” but he went to kindergarten and grew up watching Sesame Street.” In other words because Supers is more Clark Kent than Kal El he was psychologically affected by Myriad!

Because of what happened with the computer and everything it’s been awhile, so I guess everyone knows the big news now:

Supes will be on S-girl’s tv series as a recurring character this season! soawesome1

Also Wonder Woman….er I mean Lynda Carter is the President.

Further more they plan on having a four series crossover between all of the DC shows on theCW plus a musical one between

Supergirl and The Flash.

Season 2 starts tonight. Since Supes is going to be a recurring character I wonder if we’re finally gonna get to see

Lucy Lane’s big sis Lois as well.

Almael
      Well, he kind of looks like the guy from the 50’s and without his particular hair in front of his forehead.

Cat’s all over Clark… too strange.

And yeah, why are they now out of the caves? Did they forgot to pay the rent?

According to J’onn/Hank the DEO has other locations that they use. Though that does bring up the question of why did they wait until the first episode of Season 2 to reveal the nice and shiny skyscraper HQ. The only thing I can think of is that the cave was easier to clean after all the aliens trash it.

And when is J’onn going to drop the Hank act? Everyone knows he’s a Greem Martian by now.

I love Supes reason for not working for the DEO: they keep Kyrptonite around like a certain Caped Crusader/Dark Knight.

Off topic: Barry really got a talking to from Jay yesterday about changing the Timeline. It was basically: “There Are Some Things You Can’t Change So You Had Better Man Up About Them.” Lecture.

Also looks like Caitlin’s getting Killer Frost’s powers and next week Jesse finally reveals herself as a speedster on

The Flash.

Almael
      The krypton issue didn’t take long to be solved…

To bad Cat served her purpose and has to go with Jimmy taking over. He doesn’t have the skill set(s) so why him?

So coming monday we get to see the Kryptonian newcomer waking up and attacking …

I wonder what’s up with him consuming electric power.

Actually we aren’t certain he is Kryptonian. The pod was definitely Kryptonian but there seemed to be some question in Clark’s mind whether or not the passenger was.

I think Jimmy got the promotion mainly because Cat knows him so well and trusts him more than her other employees since

they worked together back at the Daily Planet.

As to the other CW DC shows:

* We finally get to see Jesse Quick get her superspeed while Wally West acts all bummed out on The Flash

* Oliver and team went up against a zombie gangster on Arrow

and finally:

* the JSA shows up on Legends of Tomorrow and act none too pleased. Also Reverse Flash. Eobard Thawn

gets around!

Sloppy episode overall. They had too much going on and the whole PC thing was like being hit over the head with the sharp end of an axe.

I think the story editor should have done what Snapper did with Kara’s article and told the writers to tighten it up and remove the bias.

Things that could’ve been improved:

1. More of Mon El and Kara and Kara’s prejudice against Mon El’s people. I think this should have been the focus of the episode but it got lost in the shuffle.

2. Maggie Sawyer works for Metropolis P.D.’s Special Crime Unit so why not make her character an entirely new tv series only character with the same background? It would have worked better and less awkward in having to explain why she’s working for National City P.D. and not Metropolis.

3.They kinda signaled that the President was going to wind up being an alien from the get go. I mean you could see

it coming as far away as Qonos! I mean she did seem to have ulterior reasons to sign the bill.

4. What the heck was with the alien red headed assassin? I find it hard to believe she wanted to kill the President just because she had a persecution complex. Also was I the only one thinking that S-Girl could really use the help of one

Johnny Storm?

5. Jimmy grow some balls if you’re going to be in charge! I mean even Robbie Robinson at the Daily Bugle wouldn’t have taken as much flack as you did coming from Snapper. And Robbie’s are pretty phlegmatic guy!

6.Finally: why did Kara have to destroy the alien detector? As a Kryptonian wouldn’t her biochemistry be as close to

human as to not matter much. I mean I’m sure they still had some bugs to work out of the system and any abnormalities

could have been blamed on them.

The really good parts of this episode were:

1.The whole in joke about Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane from Lynda Carter.

2. The bar scenes.

3. J’onn meeting the other Green Martian.

Flash OTOH was a lot better. We got to see Jesse Quick make her Superhero debut plus Tom Cavanaugh looked like he was having total fun playing different versions of Wells. Also Caitlin looks like turning into Killer Frost against her will.

Can’t wait to see where they’re going with this. Bet somewhere on the line there’s gonna have to be another intervention.

Oh and is H.R. going to be another Evil Wells?

Fight night tonight. The previews gave this a filler look to it.
      It actually was far better than what I thought. The revelation at the end of what M’gnn really was was of course expected from any one familiar with Miss Martian’s background from the comics.

Snapper may not like Kara but he’s turning into an excellent mentor for her when it comes to journalism,although I don’t think she’ll ever be at the level of her cousin.

Maggie and Alex continued their bonding. I noticed a hint of jealousy on Alex’ part when she met Maggie’s girlfriend.

And Mon-El and Winn have some quality male bonding time showing why Daxam was considered the Party Planet of

the Krypton system.

On The Flash Wally has to fight a hologram of a monster whilst the new Harrison Wells (“Call me H.R.”) proves to be a phony.Meanwhile Caitlin looks to be turning to the Dark Side.

Oh and I was wrong about both Timeless and Legends of Tomorrow doing Civil War Era episodes, the one on

Timeless was about the Alamo.

Ok from Monday we finally get to see Alex admit that she might actually be gay. Like nobody saw that coming after the

way she was looking at Maggie for the past two episodes?

Kara trying to turn Mon-El into Mini-Kara was funny.Especially when he’s such a playboy! Then she gets the whole big sister lecture from Alex about not trying to change people.

James trying to be a superhero is going to be interesting,especially since he’s supposed to become The Guardian!

The Guardinan btw was DC’s version of Captain America invented by Jack Kirby and the other guy who created

Cap.

So not really a clone of Cap.

And finally we got to see Lena and Lex’ mom revealed as the force behind Cadmus.

It figures it had to be Luthor!

So this week we got James’ debut as The Guardian a new threat in The Parasite and James and Winn revealing that their

favorite cartoon was Super Friends! 😆

Also Mon-El continues to act like a dick. I mean the only job he can find is as a thug?

Looks like we are going to see J’onn’s bad side next week as the blood transfusion goes bad. Why didn’t M’gnn come clean about being a White Martian?

Afterwards and even during I had to go through my ’90s Supergirl comics because I knew there was a story arch

where she fought the Parasite in it. I finally found it yesterday. Didn’t go well for that version of S-girl either!

Now AFAIG with The Flash, Cisco finally makes Caitlin tell everyone about her fears of turning into Killer Frost.

Also H.R. at last shows that he’s of some use when a new threat arrives similiar to one from his home Earth.

The focus though was on Wally getting called by Dr. Alchemy and the vain attempts to prevent him from obeying.

I noticed in the end to get his powers they used something like what they did on Agents of SHIELD. So I am prepared for Dr. Alchemy to be revealed as Evil Ward!!! 😆 😆

joking.

Seriously I half expect to see him turn out to be Wally’s new partner at the crime lab.

In two weeks the big four way crossover starts between all of the DC shows on the CW. This involves an alien invasion.

It’ll be interesting to see how S-Girl gets involved since Supergirl takes place on the different Earth from the rest of the shows.

Now Marvel has to step up their game with Agents of SHIELD.

Almael
      I feel Agent of Shield more or less has already reached saturation. Some things are getting old and reused too often even though in different form.
      And the whole Ghost Rider thing isn’t working as well as they expected. Maybe if it had been Johnny Blaze on his

motorcycle..

The problem with it also is that ABC keeps moving its time slot around. Also this is the first season without Ward on it in some form or other. So that’s another reason why it might be dragging this year. It’s hard to pick up the slack when one of the most popular characters is no more.

They need to think outside of the box.

Monday was all David Harewood really. He did an epic job of playing both J’onn and the real Hank. It was fun to see him

confuse Mon-El and then almost confuse Kara,except she realizes who he is before he starts really whaling on her.

And to make things even better Dean Cain makes a cameo at the end! soawesome1

Also M’gann reveals that her blood was tainted so that if a Green Martian was infused with it will turn them into a White

Martian and there’s no seeming cure!

Hmmm….I wonder if J’onn’s family have already been assimilated and become White Martians?

So next week is the start of the epic four way crossover…

Also on The Flash Wally finally gets out of his cocoon but they need Caitlin’s help,except she’s gone all

Killer Frost.Barry manages to get across to her by daring her to kill him but she can’t. This is why Caitlin isn’t like her

counterpart on Earth 2; the other Caitlin didn’t have the friends and support system that Earth 1’s does.

This is why she won’t become Killer Frost(at least for now).

Finally raise your hand if you knew that Julian was going to end up being Dr.Alchemy! iloveit1

btw: if The Flash takes place on Earth 1 and Supergirl is on a different Earth which one is hers?

The big crossover started between all the DC CW shows on Monday. Actually this was just the prelude as the majority of the show was Kara discovering Project Medusa was a bioweapon her dad made to protect Krypton from alien invasion. Considering what she tells everyone later on The Flash as how the Dominators nearly conquered Krypton, I guess it would make some sort of logical sense.

And speaking of The Flash we finally learn that S-Girl’s world is Earth-38!

I think the Arrow part of the crossover was probably the all around best. In it Ollie, Thea,Sara and Ray are stuck in a

imaginary world that is created by the Dominators. They get to see what might have been if their lives had gone differently.

At the end they reject it and come out to find themselves in space.

The Legends of Tomorrow part was a bit of a anti-climax though it was good. The problem was the Dominators were

presented as being villains, but it turns out they had a grudge against Barry for creating Flashpoint.

The one satisfying point is when Kara informs the head Man-In-Black that she has told his President about her Earth’s

DEO and the President not only thought it a good idea but was thinking of sending him to Antarctica to head the facility there! 😆

Over all for a four series crossover it deserves at least a B. Not bad.

Reruns this week while the other shows have their half season finales.

Meanwhile Agents of SHIELD just got interesting again as the big reveal at the end of the episode shows that

May was abducted and is being held by the android ADA for some reason or other and has been replaced by a look a like.

Anyone want to bet the Skrulls are behind this?

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      It was nice seeing Mark Hamill for a minute on The Flash.

Not to mention John Wesley Shipp (90’s Flash) as Jay. :)

Yep, I also hope they keep H.R. on longer. I think he’s the best rendition of Wells that Tom Cavanaugh has done so far.

I like the way his lighter and more empathetic approach to life contrasts to the more serious take of the other characters.

I especially like the way he’s willing to help Wally out when both Joe and Barry are trying to stop him from becoming

a superhero.

Any way DC’s Legends of Tomorrow yesterday was interesting as it looks like Mick is cracking up and seeing

visions of Snart who remains all snarky even in death! I didn’t expect Sara to be so soft on Prof.Stein though after she learns about Lily. I think this whole thing might play into why Sara’s sister suddenly showed up alive at the end of the mid-season

finale on Arrow.

Plus we finally learn what the amulet was all about after Sara gives it to Darhk to free Prof.Stein.

And Rip finally shows up!

Also did anyone else catch the fact that the one prop looked oddly like the console from the TARDIS?

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.