Time and Space Adventures

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Time and Space Adventures

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Which were your favourite, and why? What other “worlds” or storylines would you liked to have seen during Tenchi Universe’s “Time and Space Adventures” segment?

Just because an “alternate world” storyline in a series can be a good thing, if they do it right. Tenchi did it the right way. My favourite ones… because I can’t just pick one I’m too indecisive, are Kiyone’s (she’s trying to get away from Mihoshi and finds herself at the place by the ocean. We get to see Kiyone smile a lot, Mihoshi’s hair down… I think this segment was very well done and it was Kiyone-centric pretty much.. which we don’t get a lot of.) and also Mihoshi’s where she’s married to Tenchi :) She kept calling Ayeka an old maid and bothering Kiyone whenever she got the chance.

Maybe they could have taken ideas from the Hasegawa novels… apparently there’s one where Kiyone is a demon-hunter of sorts? Someone correct me if I misheard that..

*passes the mic until she thinks of other things to say*

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      They could have done something with Jurai… or space pirates…

or most obviously, how about the world Tenchi wanted? We got everything but.

Anonymous
      I always found it funny (and cool xD) That no matter who’s “world” it was, Ryoko always had some kind of romantic entanglement, Even Aeka’s.

Quote:

We also didn’t get Katsuhito/ Nobuyuki’s and Washu’s, but this was because they didn’t input anything into the machine

I really liked Kiyone’s (And no that’s not just because I cherish my life Kiyoka :Cheeks: )

Kiyone’s was really calm, cool, and just an awesome setting, small town, everybody friends and having a good time, it synergized really well with the Tenchi cast. I was just as sad as Kiyone to see it go, lol

jgzinv
      I don’t think we saw Ryo-ohki’s world either… or Nagi’s.. or Kagato’s… or… ;)
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

I always found it funny (and cool xD) That no matter who’s “world” it was, Ryoko always had some kind of romantic entanglement, Even Aeka’s.

Quote:

We also didn’t get Katsuhito/ Nobuyuki’s and Washu’s, but this was because they didn’t input anything into the machine

I really liked Kiyone’s (And no that’s not just because I cherish my life Kiyoka :Cheeks: )

Kiyone’s was really calm, cool, and just an awesome setting, small town, everybody friends and having a good time, it synergized really well with the Tenchi cast. I was just as sad as Kiyone to see it go, lol

Perhaps we didn’t see theirs because they are the ones who didn’t mess with the machine? Plus, do we really want to see Nobuyuki’s ideal world? />_>” title=”>_>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
</div></li>
<li>
<div id=

Anonymous

Mittens wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

…but this was because they didn’t input anything into the machine

Perhaps we didn’t see theirs because they are the ones who didn’t mess with the machine?

:dexter: lol

I would have liked to see a dinosaur and dragon episode..whether that would be through time-travel or on another planet would be fine..I just like Dinosaurs and Dragons.. lol

Would have also been cool to see the cast as earth pirates..you know Ryoko would have been the best.. :D

Anonymous

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

I would have liked to see a dinosaur and dragon episode..whether that would be through time-travel or on another planet would be fine..I just like Dinosaurs and Dragons.. lol

Hasegawa really liked the idea too ^_- (One of the original 3 creators of Tenchi, she’s a big Slayers Fan, its all over her novels from 5 on)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/HasegawasTenchifantasy.png" />

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      A Slayers fan… I guess that makes sense =P

Dagon123 wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

Hasegawa really liked the idea too ^_- (One of the original 3 creators of Tenchi, she’s a big Slayers Fan, its all over her novels from 5 on)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/HasegawasTenchifantasy.png" />

That would have been a great episode ! :D

I haven’t watched past the first series of Slayers..need to get back to it at some point.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Great topic! Who doesn’t love the space/time adventure episodes (I’m not saying that I, ‘Who’, don’t like them…you know what I mean). They’re fun, whimsical “filler” episodes (for which Tenchi Universe is remembered for fondly) that give a nice reprieve from the main plot & give us some insight into the characters who gave their input into the machine. I also would say I enjoyed them all (Mihoshi’s was hilarious, with Ryoko as the desperate widowed housewife next door, having the gall to just waltz in & hit on Tenchi right in front of Mihoshi) my favorite would probably also be Ryoko’s (Ryoko fan, what can you do?) but as for reasons other than it being Ryoko’s…

Agree with LW, early 20th century America, harkening back to Dillinger-esque days of big-time, bank-robbing gansters is just awesome. The fact that Ryoko chose this as her ideal world (& this being an anime…you know, Japanese made) really speaks to Ryoko’s character, & possibly a bit to the creator’s intentions behind this character & others: Ayeka–rural Japanese setting, & her personality in general is usually the more reserved, more polite–whereas Ryoko–brash, loud, [sometimes] rude, & not really ‘formal’ in any sense, choosing America as her ideal world…cultural commentary East/West of sorts? Am I reading too much into it? You be the judge…

But we also see Ryoko really having a coming-to-terms experience, & during her lapse of solitude in the carnival (yay foreshadowing!) we get to experience Ryoko’s feelings at a depth I wish we could have also gotten with the other characters such as Ayeka & Kiyone (they were all still good, don’t get me wrong, & Kiyone’s at least seemed to delve into her ‘sea’ of emotions more than the rest).

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

Would have also been cool to see the cast as earth pirates..you know Ryoko would have been the best.. :D

I couldn’t agree more! ~16th century pirates–that’s right, bandanas, cutlasses (Ryo Ohki substituting a parrot???), the whole swash-buckling package–would have been a really fun alternate world to have seen the cast in…

Fanfiction, perhaps? Anyone…

*eerily close to a small-tidbit of the premise of one of the series I’m currently working on…what do you know about it???!!! Whoops, said too much already!…um, nevermind…carry on ;)

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

I couldn’t agree more! ~16th century pirates–that’s right, bandanas, cutlasses (Ryo Ohki substituting a parrot???), the whole swash-buckling package–would have been a really fun alternate world to have seen the cast in…

Fanfiction, perhaps? Anyone…

*eerily close to a small-tidbit of the premise of one of the series I’m currently working on…what do you know about it???!!! Whoops, said too much already!…um, nevermind…carry on ;)

lol How about some fanart as well ? ;)

..and here we are :

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/421007_2888152999467_1129456954_3335105_87818751_n.jpg" />

Finished it tonight ! :D

If anyone wants to color any of pieces give me a shout..I just sort of suck at color. lol

jgzinv
      Photoshop > magic wand > tolerance 1 to 5 > fill bucket > profit

JGZinv wrote:

Photoshop > magic wand > tolerance 1 to 5 > fill bucket > profit

Ouch dude..my brain just cramped. lol

jgzinv
      Arrgh!

I spent about 2 hours coloring that picture for you… for photoshop to freeze on the last thing I’m coloring.

*bangs head on wall repeatedly*

JGZinv wrote:

Arrgh!

I spent about 2 hours coloring that picture for you… for photoshop to freeze on the last thing I’m coloring.

*bangs head on wall repeatedly*

Man..that really sucks bud. I know my comp can’t handle much..even really huge image files cause it freeze up. :(

I REALLY appreciate the effort though ! Thanks for trying ! :)

jgzinv
      razzle frazzin photoshop without a save per minute feature….

You might try paint.net… it’s got layers and jazz.

Mostly I found myself making a layer, painting over a section, touch up, cutting the opacity by half, setting the mode to multiply.

That seemed to yield the best results. YMMV

JGZinv wrote:

razzle frazzin photoshop without a save per minute feature….

You might try paint.net… it’s got layers and jazz.

Mostly I found myself making a layer, painting over a section, touch up, cutting the opacity by half, setting the mode to multiply.

That seemed to yield the best results. YMMV

I have to admit, I have never used Photoshop at all. I can use the original Paint program well enough..but it does take FOREVER it seems.

jgzinv
      Microsoft Paint is… not a valid paint option.

Even GIMP would be better, or Photoshop Online…

U must have layers…!

JGZinv wrote:

Microsoft Paint is… not a valid paint option.

Even GIMP would be better, or Photoshop Online…

U must have layers…!

Heh..mostly why I stick to pen and pencil..even a brush is okay by me…I can layers with those well enough.

Kiyoka
      *sigh* I’m going with Kiyone’s. Why? It was a nice insight into her character. We saw her relaxed, smiling and at peace. It portrayed to me the peaceful, no trouble aspect of the series.

Mihoshi’s had to be the funniest for me. :Cheeks:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I can’t believe I didn’t get around to saying this at the time, but Blade, I LOVE the Ryoko pirate pic!!! Fan–freakin–tastic!

Also, another couple of ‘what if’s’ how about Azaka and Kamidake’s ideal world? The two knights would be interesting as well, but I’m thinking of our favorite duo of flying logs! What would it be? Would they have human bodies? (or do they prefer their wooden shells?) Would they get to boss around some flying logs that just happen to sound like Ayeka and Sasami? 😆

As previously mentioned, can you imagine an ideal Nobuyuki world??? Good golly, what would that be like? (well, ok, I think we all know what it would be like, it probably wouldn’t be pretty) 😯 😆

at its tamest, probably all the girls dressed in skimpy outfits acting as his personal attendants…he would be ‘Tenchi’ with all the girls crazy about him, and Tenchi would be the one that would have to go out and work, and nobody would consider him a love interest, or respect him…come to think of it, there’s some real potential for comedy gold here…like fanfiction potential…I may have to get on this

Noboyuki is such an old letch that he would probably have the girls wearing ‘Theissen’ style clothing.

(Hope I don’t have to explain the Star Trek reference.)

jgzinv
      Another fic idea… swap Ryoko’s role with Noboyuki… She’s the housewife… he’s the wanted space pirate letch…

Fits to a creepy degree don’t it… black mailing politicians with his home video cam footage…

😆

Ryoko as Housewife would lead to this: :fight:

which leads to this: :scared:

Kiyoka
      Noboyuki’s world is so easy to imagine.. Tenchi Muyo: Super Hentai edition

Ryo ohki: Carrot trees, carrot bushes, carrot… everthing with Sasami ofc

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      A world where Mihoshi and Kiyone are space pirates, Ryoko is the cop, Ayeka/Sasami are poor and Tenchi likes all of the girls? Oh and Washu isn’t smart, Ryo-Ohki prefers hamburgers/human flesh to carrots :D

I know they didn’t mess with the machine, thereby they don’t get their own worlds, but… throw in Amagasaki and Nagi.

That would be um Bizarro Tenchi…
      bkev
      Gravedigging with a purpose. Isn’t there a radio drama CD that includes a few more worlds that were explored? I may be mistaken but I’m under the impression that those episodes were adapted from previously existing material. Would be interesting to see what the other stories are.

Oh, and also… I know, fanboying here. But I’m pretty sure that out of all of them Ryoko’s was the most creative and I would have loved to see more of it before Washu came in and wrecked everything. Out of all the fantasy worlds it just made the most sense to me.

Poor Kiyone deserved her world, though. I’ve always loved that one line: “a fun place, with fun people.” She never gets what she wants – worse off than Waspinator!

Kiyoka
      I have no idea what happens in the radio plays. *sigh* It’d be interesting to “hear” other worlds if there were. Maybe Kiyone has an extra? :O
      Confused.

An extra what? Or do you mean a doppleganger or counterpart?

Anonymous
      So I had an interesting idea, Time and Space adventures based on the “perfect” worlds of

-Nagi

-Ryo-Ohki

-Nobuyuki

-Katsuhito

-Kagato

Yosho24

Dagon123 wrote:

So I had an interesting idea, Time and Space adventures based on the “perfect” worlds of

-Nagi

-Ryo-Ohki

-Nobuyuki

-Katsuhito

-Kagato

I’d like to see the perfect world of Nobuyuki.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4OrN4rzXtmU/UwxLH5DVcPI/AAAAAAAAM_Y/W8SqtRH78Yo/s1600/If_you_know_what_I_mean.png" />

Anonymous

Yosho24 wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

-Nagi

-Ryo-Ohki

-Nobuyuki

-Katsuhito

-Kagato

Probably a little something like this

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1381/07/1381079927562.jpg" />

On that note though, I think seeing Katsuhito’s and Nagi’s would be interesting because it could give us some interesting insight into both of their pasts

Yosho24

Dagon123 wrote:

On that note though, I think seeing Katsuhito’s and Nagi’s would be interesting because it could give us some interesting insight into both of their pasts

I feel like Nagi’s would just be her sitting in the deck of Ken-Ohki with Ryoko’s head on a stake. Katushito’s seems a little more interesting to me because I have no idea what he views as a perfect world.

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:

..and here we are :

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/421007_2888152999467_1129456954_3335105_87818751_n.jpg" />

Finished it tonight ! :D

If anyone wants to color any of pieces give me a shout..I just sort of suck at color. lol

Pic isn’t showing, can you post on photobucket or something other than facebook? wth2

Dagon123 wrote:

Yosho24 wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

-Nagi

-Ryo-Ohki

-Nobuyuki

-Katsuhito

-Kagato

Probably a little something like this

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1381/07/1381079927562.jpg" />

So Nobuyuki’s perfect world is inhabited by Gainax Bunny Girls is what you’re saying Dagon? iloveit1 😆

Seriously though it would be interesting to see what Nagi’s past was like and especially her first encounter with

Ryoko.

That said I think that Tenchi’s perfect world would be one where Aeka and Ryoko never fought over him all the time and there wasn’t such daily chaos.

WisperG
      I find the thought of a “Nobuyuki Muyo” to be hilarious. Basically the same exact story of either the OVAs or Universe, but where Nobuyuki was the one that woke Ryoko/Washu and had all the alien women drawn to him. He either pervs out on them while Tenchi ironically gets the peace and quiet he always wanted, or in a humorous twist Nobu could be the straight-laced one with Tenchi being the super-perv that’s forced to sit on the sidelines 😆

In Nagi’s, she would be the bikini contest queen, winning any and all competitions throughout the galaxy mmmm1

But Nagi IS the bikini contest Queen! 😆

We all know that Ryo-Ohki’s perfect world is one with plenty of carrots!

I think Kiyone Moyu would all be about Kiyone not having to suffer through having Mihoshi as a partner or else Mihoshi would be

more competent or else she was able to trade Mihoshi away for a chance of having say Kei from Dirty Pair as her partner.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      We’ve already seen Kiyone’s world.
      Anonymous
      https://31.media.tumblr.com/5aa0eaafd13472ed07ee2a7edce13384/tumblr_n835glvNpd1skcniqo1_1280.jpg" />

Wasn’t sure where a tenchi in summer post would go, but why not Time and Space Adventures? lol

Sasami better be careful where she’s pulling on her sister’s bikini…it could either get rather embarrasing or wind up as a new ad for Coppertone! 😆
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      While trying to sort out my sleep schedule, I rode a sequence of wiki articles connecting Transformers, Japanese history, and Ayeka’s ideal world. Tenchismile

From the top, I was reading up on a new Transformers character named Windblade, who holds a few of firsts in the Transformers mythos. Beyond being a cityspeaker, she is the first official character created by the fans via polls from Hasbro. After the polls results were tallied, the design team gave her an overall Japanese motif as seen below.

http://static.seibertron.com/images/comics/uploads/1389959487_transformerswindblade1a.jpg" />

http://s20.postimg.org/5ajz2f9j1/windblade.jpg" />

Reading farther down the article, it is mentioned at her helmet/hair design is modelled after feudal warrior women known as onna-bugeisha. Digging into the Wikipedia article, many noblewomen in Japan up to the Edo period were trained to fight and protect their homes and families, usually with the naginata, alongside the traditional samurai men. In fact, women apparently had numerous rights equivalent to men, going against many traditional views. Sadly, this changed radically during the Edo period, when the more traditional “housewife” stereotype became the norm.

Then, I thought about Ayeka’s ideal world, where she is from a noble house in feudal Japan. When she readies to duel Ryoko, she pulls out a naginata and proceeds to show significant prowess with the weapon. I dare say, Universe set her up as an onna-bugeisha. fyeah1

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2014-07-30-15h38m58s176_zps97faef91.png" />

Of course, one can also reference Achika’s transformation of herself and Tenchiken in TM!iL1.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/vlcsnap-2014-07-30-15h51m10s70_zps65612522.png" />

Strong female characters, kicking ass in Japan since as early as a.D. 201. badass1

Nil Admirari
      none

evilpii wrote:

While trying to sort out my sleep schedule, I rode a sequence of wiki articles connecting Transformers, Japanese history, and Ayeka’s ideal world. Tenchismile

Reading farther down the article, it is mentioned at her helmet/hair design is modelled after feudal warrior women known as onna-bugeisha. Digging into the Wikipedia article, many noblewomen in Japan up to the Edo period were trained to fight and protect their homes and families, usually with the naginata, alongside the traditional samurai men. In fact, women apparently had numerous rights equivalent to men, going against many traditional views. Sadly, this changed radically during the Edo period, when the more traditional “housewife” stereotype became the norm.

Then, I thought about Ayeka’s ideal world, where she is from a noble house in feudal Japan. When she readies to duel Ryoko, she pulls out a naginata and proceeds to show significant prowess with the weapon. I dare say, Universe set her up as an onna-bugeisha. fyeah1

Of course, one can also reference Achika’s transformation of herself and Tenchiken in TM!iL1.

Strong female characters, kicking ass in Japan since as early as a.D. 201. badass1

It is quite interesting to note that in Hasegawa’s second novel, Ayeka is referenced to be wearing an article of clothing that originated during the Heian period, which was a time when many noblewomen in the imperial court were isolated from the world and only allowed to speak to men who were family related. High-ranking women were treated as slaves, essentially. Onna-bugeisha were also few and far between as the Heian era featured a dip in women’s rights and prominence in Japan.

Some of Jurai’s quirks follow this type of thinking, which lends itself to some very interesting thoughts on how Ayeka’s ideal world was pushing away from all that she knew from back home. A rebel as a potential leader, huh? Let’s hope she ends up on the throne during some timeline and leads some change during her stay.

evilpii
      Participant
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Some of Jurai’s quirks follow this type of thinking, which lends itself to some very interesting thoughts on how Ayeka’s ideal world was pushing away from all that she knew from back home. A rebel as a potential leader, huh? Let’s hope she ends up on the throne during some timeline and leads some change during her stay.

It is rather disappointing that Jurai, a space-faring galactic empire, would not be very forthcoming in terms of women’s rights, particularly considering the number of female characters Jurai has provided. Then again, this does highlight characters like Ayeka who might move away from such faulty ideals.

Now, “Empress Ayeka” is an idea I quite like and advocate. gendo1 I had always thought of Ayeka as a leader being similar to Elizabeth I of England, but perhaps comparing her to Tomoe Gozen or Hojo Masako might be more appropriate role models, or some combination thereof. butts1 I certainly wouldn’t mind a continuity where Ayeka moved Jurai into a modern era of prosperity by her own hand. kiyonesmile1

Amen!

Though Aeka would have to conquer two things first: her jealousy and her temper.Those are the only two things

I can think of that would hinder her from becoming a truely great Empress and Ruler.

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.