TM! The US Comic Books

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel TM! The US Comic Books

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      bkev
      I think these used to be on Tenchizone actually, but I never managed to read them before the site went kaputs. Might have just been cover scans, I don’t really remember.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I have comple scans of all of them JG, courtesy of evilpii. If you want, and there’s no problem, I can get them to you. I can’t say that I find any real value in this mercifully short-lived series, but I suppose that they can at least make Okuda’s manga look even better by comparison!
      bkev
      Oh, believe me, I’m a fan of Okuda’s work ;) so if anything makes it look even cooler I’m down to take a look. If need be we can take this to PM.

I’m usually open minded tbh so I can see myself liking this as long as it reads like fanfiction (wherein the writers understand the characters.)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I apologize if you took my previous statement as an attack on your personal tastes or openmindedness, I assure you that isn’t what I was getting at at all! I too am an openminded person, and I approached this particular series exactly as you are now. In my opinion, however, it falls dreadfully short by all measures. It’s been a while, so I can’t say for sure if I felt that it had the feel of a fanfic as you say, but I’ll see to it that you get scans as soon as possible so you can come to your own conclusions! Check your PM’s soon and we’ll figure out how to get them to you.
      jgzinv
      Copy me on it so I can take a look for looks sake. I once read the plot of a few of them so I know what I’m in for at least. I can always toss them up on photobucket if we have to.
      bkev
      Oh, I didn’t mean to come off as defensive! Believe me, I’m not offended. Thanks for the concern though.
      bkev
      Well, I went through the comics today and my reception is fairly mid-level to it. I could tell the writers were familiar with the universe, at the least. Ryoko fans, this is for you: the Ayeka bitch factor goes waaay up. She frequently refers to Ryoko as an “animal” and is just unlikeable, period. I know TU took it up a notch and that this is meant to take place in that universe, but man oh man. Jeez. That said, it did have its good parts:

-The original characters all seemed like they’d fit in the TU universe. Rob and Inferno were actually kind of cool.

-Everyone except Ayeka was pretty in character. Mihoshi’s ditz level might be closer to the Tokyo level, but it’s been awhile since I’ve seen TU so I might be wrong on that. Loved seeing Washu’s ego.

-The art, when on model, looks great. It’s obviously less manga-esque than Okuda’s, but I think it might match the anime’s style more than his. He was a big fan of large eyes and smaller proportions. That said, there’s a few times where the drawings get wonky.

My biggest problem? Too short! I felt like they dealt with Inferno too quickly. I wonder how the pacing would have transferred to an episode of the anime.

The verdict: worth your time, but not on the same level that NNFT is.

Yugi12
      I remember reading these on the Tenchi Zone site back in 2008 when I got back into Tenchi.

They’re ok. Nothing special.

First time I have heard of these.
      WisperG
      I heard there was some kind of digital comic included as a special feature on Geneons OVA box set. Are there any scans of it out there?

Oh, Chuck. Do you still have those scans of the US comics? I have an interest in seeing them, if only for curiosity’s sake.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

WisperG wrote:

Oh, Chuck. Do you still have those scans of the US comics? I have an interest in seeing them, if only for curiosity’s sake.

Check your PM’s and we’ll set it up :D

WisperG
      Got ’em. Thanks a bunch Chuck! :D
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      No problem Wisper! I hope you find more enjoyment in them than I did! 😆

As it seems there continue to be people interested in reading these things, and until the forum’s library/archive is fully up I seem to be the “keeper of the comics,” anybody who is interested in seeing what all the fuss is about should feel free to PM me and I’ll be happy (well, maybe more like satisfied :P) to hook you up. I repeat, this is only until the official forum archive is up, as I’m sure they will be included in it.

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Im still Missing issue 4 in paper form before i read these

Would love a digital copy so i have a copy just in case

Which DVD set has these? =o

Anonymous

The-Kaiser wrote:

Would love a digital copy so i have a copy just in case

Which DVD set has these? =o

The Tenchi Muyo Ultimate Collection had it on it’s 3rd disc (The Tenchi Encyclopedia v3.0)

If you need the US comic, here is a link to the full scan download here

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Thanks ^_^
      The-Kaiser
      Participant
      wow had no idea this comic was based on Tenchi Universe i thought it was based on Muyo ooohhh
      ZERO-Ryoko
      Holy, Wow.

I had forgotten about these!

I actually have some of them. Just not too sure which issues. I think I may be missing one.

mmhmm1

The-Kaiser
      Participant

ZERO-Ryoko wrote:

Holy, Wow.

I had forgotten about these!

I actually have some of them. Just not too sure which issues. I think I may be missing one.

mmhmm1

im missing issue 4 ^_^

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.