TMIL / Tenchi the Movie

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime TMIL / Tenchi the Movie

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Tenchi in Love is my favourite film of the Tenchi Muyo franchise. Though I do have some minimal issues with it (mostly quality related), overall I think it’s a great film. However I am curious about a few things.

In the beginning, Tenchi starts disappearing and the Masaki house reverts back to what the property would look like if it had never been renovated/rebuilt by Tenchi’s dad. Washu mentions that it is because of her that they (Ryoko, Ayeka, Sasami, Tenchi and herself) haven’t been effected by time screwing up. At this point, Mihoshi and Kiyone are across town in their apartment. Wouldn’t they have been effected? Also, why does Kiyone scream when Ryoko enters the apartment?

Secondly, what was the point of the GP Operative’s character? The Okuda manga version of Tenchi in Love completely leaves him out. Ryoko is suspicious of him at some point, but really he is just… there.

By all means, use this thread to discuss the film.

BTW, on further examination of the end of the film, it is reasonable to speculate that it was in fact the radiation from the canon, not Achika’s use of Jurai energy against Kain, that shortened her life.

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yugi12
      I like this movie but I feel that it’s not a good sequel to Tenchi Universe. Some of the character development in TU was ignored. At the end of TU Ryoko said that she wants to defeat Ayeka in a fair fight and win Tenchi’s heart the right way. Yet in TMIL we see that they are fighting again.

Kain is also kind of a boring villain.

I like Achika. She’s so cute. And she’s a way better mother for Tenchi then his OVA mother Kiyone.

Also did they forget to erase Yosho’s memory?

I guess Kiyone and Mihoshi aren’t affected when we see them because by then Washu’s protection is in place (I assume she will have taken them into account when doing it). As for the GP Operative, I agree he’s pretty pointless, his entire role seems to be a character of uncertain allegiance, than he just gets easily bumped off. Mihoshi is also pretty pointless in the film, one flaw I find with Universe, as much as I love it, is that Mihoshi is always utterly useless, as opposed to the clumsy but still sometimes effective character she is in Muyo.

I do like Tenchi in Love, but prefer Daughter of Darkness.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none

charliepanayi wrote:

I guess Kiyone and Mihoshi aren’t affected when we see them because by then Washu’s protection is in place (I assume she will have taken them into account when doing it). As for the GP Operative, I agree he’s pretty pointless, his entire role seems to be a character of uncertain allegiance, than he just gets easily bumped off. Mihoshi is also pretty pointless in the film, one flaw I find with Universe, as much as I love it, is that Mihoshi is always utterly useless, as opposed to the clumsy but still sometimes effective character she is in Muyo.

I do like Tenchi in Love, but prefer Daughter of Darkness.

I like Mihoshi, most of the time in Universe but I regard her separately from her other continuities… So I like the original, before OVA 3 Mihoshi and the Universe Mihoshi. She’s goofy :) TMIL I’ll agree didn’t do a lot for her character. There were a lot of… odd moments that weren’t really necessary, like the scene where she enters the hotel room and… I wouldn’t be surprised if she were drunk or on drugs… is looking all over the place for Kiyone. That part annoys me and seems out of character even for her. It just feels randomly placed there.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I agree, it seems the GP officer was just a minor plot point, but not entirely unnecessary imo. When I saw TMIL for the first time, I didn’t know who he was, & of course I was just as suspicious of him as Ryoko (& I liked that Ryoko was the one that seemed to have an instinct that something just wasn’t quite right, & eventually confronted him). So I think that seeing as how prior to Kain’s big entrance, we purposely aren’t allowed to know what he looks like (as the main cast do not as well) we’re lead to obviously suspect him of foul play, thus adding some suspense, making us wonder if it’s Kain in disguise…

LOL Kiyone screaming when Ryoko enters? Can’t recall that off the top of my head at the moment…YAY! A good reason to watch TMIL again!!!

Yugi12
      It seems to me that the whole point of the GP officer is to be a mislead. We’re meant to think that he is Kain in disguise.

His scene will Ryoko seems to serve as a way to tell Ryoko(and the audience)about Kain and why he hates Jurai and is after Achika.

julia
      I feel a bit stupid, so please excuse me… I don’t know whether to start a new thread with my question, so I’m just going to post it here ^^;;

Is “Tenchi Muyo! In Love” supposed to be read as “No need for Tenchi to be in love” or “Tenchi, himself, in love”? or is it supposed to be read as something else? I always read it as Tenchi himself in love. Is it maybe a reference to the feelings of the whole cast ?

Kiyoka

julia wrote:

I feel a bit stupid, so please excuse me… I don’t know whether to start a new thread with my question, so I’m just going to post it here ^^;;

Is “Tenchi Muyo! In Love” supposed to be read as “No need for Tenchi to be in love” or “Tenchi, himself, in love”? or is it supposed to be read as something else? I always read it as Tenchi himself in love. Is it maybe a reference to the feelings of the whole cast ?

Uh I’m not an expert but my point of view is this: It represents the family love shared between Achika and Tenchi.. :OY:

julia

Kiyoka wrote:

julia wrote:

Uh I’m not an expert but my point of view is this: It represents the family love shared between Achika and Tenchi.. :OY:

I think I can understand that… but I was also wondering about TMiL2, since both of the movies share that title… They probably mean different things for each movie? Maybe family love for the first one, romantic (Tenchi, himself, in love) for the second?

Kiyoka

julia wrote:

Kiyoka wrote:

julia wrote:

I think I can understand that… but I was also wondering about TMiL2, since both of the movies share that title… They probably mean different things for each movie? Maybe family love for the first one, romantic (Tenchi, himself, in love) for the second?

Eh? The 3rd movie was called Tenchi Muyo in love 2, whilst the 2nd was called Manatsu no eve. These were the Japanese names.

Aaaand the love in the 3rd movie was whats her name with Tenchi o.O

Anonymous

julia wrote:

The only movie’s title that bears any direct resemblance to its plot is the second movie, Midsummers Eve (Daughter of Darkness, which ironically both fit the plot, lol) I always assumed the first and third movie (Tenchi Muyo In Love 1 and 2) were merely place holder names to an extent, although, looking at it from merely a “Loving Relationship” and not merely defaulting to “Peer Love” we can see they make sense in that Tenchi has a very strong love for his mother (hence the plot and the name) and the third movie, he really is, “In Love”, I’d say they probably “Could” have named them something more eye-catching, but in reality they could have been horridly cliched ala “Bleach: Fade to Black (Its like “Fall from Grace, horribly over-used).

julia
      Oh, I know the third one is Tenchi Muyo in love 2 XD I’m a noob here, but def. not a Tenchi noob :) It can just be hard for me to express my thoughts ^^;; So I’m sorry if that last post didn’t make as much sense XD I was aiming for the type of love (son/mother, romantic) changed in the second TMiL (not the second movie, but the second movie with that title, so the third movie) maybe? ^^

Dagon123 wrote:

julia wrote:

The only movie’s title that bears any direct resemblance to its plot is the second movie, Midsummers Eve (Daughter of Darkness, which ironically both fit the plot, lol) I always assumed the first and third movie (Tenchi Muyo In Love 1 and 2) were merely place holder names to an extent, although, looking at it from merely a “Loving Relationship” and not merely defaulting to “Peer Love” we can see they make sense in that Tenchi has a very strong love for his mother (hence the plot and the name) and the third movie, he really is, “In Love”, I’d say they probably “Could” have named them something more eye-catching, but in reality they could have been horridly cliched ala “Bleach: Fade to Black (Its like “Fall from Grace, horribly over-used).

Ah, I see…I was just never sure myself. I like the names, they sure have caught my attention :) I’ve been wondering about this question for a while. I always assumed it was “Tenchi in love” until I discovered back in…8th grade? what Tenchi Muyo can translate to xD Maybe since it can be said “No need for Tenchi”…”No need for Tenchi to be in love”? I don’t know… I think it’s cool myself, and like I said it’s made me think :)

I think the subtitle for Tenchi In Love 2 says it all for Tenchi fans at least:Tenchi Forever. :Tenchismile:
      Judas Zala
      Participant
      don’t forget that Daughter of Darkness is set in its own continuity, which was based on the Tenchi OAV novels.
      I’ve only seen Tenchi Forever so can’t comment on either of the other two movies.Wish that someone would

re-release the movies *Koff*Funimation*Koff*.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Sooner than before. ;)
      Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

Sooner than before. ;)

Soon™ :Cheeks:

Their announcements are damn near Vaporware at this point, Armitage has a 5th street date now, July 24th, still doesn’t have a cover for it, and I don’t expect to see Tenchi in the next 2 years, lol

mitsuki lover wrote:

I’ve only seen Tenchi Forever so can’t comment on either of the other two movies.Wish that someone would

re-release the movies

The movies, both single and movie pack are still pretty easy to obtain, in fact the Right Stuf still has the movie pack up for cheap I’d head over and grab it if you’re still looking :Tenchismile:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/47nkIza-3=LwmIGMhG/browse/item/74087/4/0/0” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/47nkIza-3=LwmIGMhG/browse/item/74087/4/0/0

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Well, I fell I may as well throw in my two cents on the subject.

I’ve always seen the title “Tenchi Muyo! In Love” as having “Tenchi Muyo” [series] and “In Love” [episode, sort of] being separate. One half tells you what anime it is (TM!) and the other simply gives the film/mega-episode a title that is somewhat fitting. Ergo, the title doesn’t necessarily have to say that it is Tenchi Masaki who is in love, but that the film still has something to do with somebody being in love.

Yeah,that would be a thought to order it as long it’s still there,which says in stock and avaible. 8-)

I have so many titles I want to add to my collection and so little space.Anyone have a TARDIS I can buy? 😆

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

Armitage has a 5th street date now, July 24th, still doesn’t have a cover for it

O RLY? :P

So bitter… :(

jgzinv
      So do the OVAs have anything more than the movies… I saw both movies ages ago…
      jgzinv
      Pretty much what I said.. seen the movies… is there anything more in the 4 OVAs?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I think LW was confused because we switched gears from Tenchi to Armitage (took me a minute to figure out as well).

The biggest thing (besides the voicecast changes) is the different ending to the OVA from the first movie.

Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

The biggest thing (besides the voicecast changes) is the different ending to the OVA from the first movie.

The OVA is more “complete” (Little odds and ends that tie the story together even better) and the voice acting is better (Skip Stilrecht IS Ross Syllabus, nuff said)

The movie (Poly-Matrix) has both a better Beginning and Ending (I thought the ending kept the same epic feel as the last parts as opposed to the OVA ending which was good but way more care-free) but Kiefer Sutherland just isn’t a good voice actor. They also went back and changed various parts of the movie aesthetically ( like Ross’s first encounter with a Cyborg, it looks like a Terminator in the OVA, as opposed to some tie and suit guy from Poly-Matrix, lol)

I finally get to watch Armitage III: Dual Matrix this Sunday. :)

As far as the Tenchi movie pack goes…I decided to forgo it for now and instead ordered Ikki-Tousen and Moon Phase.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      The Galaxy Police headquarters kind of blows up… and I know this has been discussed before, but Kiyone barely had any reaction to that and also, was this fact just kind of forgotten by the end of the film?
      I remember the version of the film they did for the manga did have Mihoshi and Kiyone reacting with shock at the news that GP HQ was destroyed. Maybe they realised the omission in the film when they did it!
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      I always just wondered why the GP would be so baka-baka that they would keep something that explosive inside their main base. They at LEAST could have kept him at somewhat of a distance, no?
      Anonymous

For Washuu wrote:

I always just wondered why the GP would be so baka-baka that they would keep something that explosive inside their main base. They at LEAST could have kept him at somewhat of a distance, no?

Well you also have to keep in mind, what would power his containment lock, and can you expect them to think someone would break out of a lock FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION? lol

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

For Washuu wrote:

Well you also have to keep in mind, what would power his containment lock?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gb9v4LI4o[/BBvideo]

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      soawesome1

Oh, my goodness.

I… I’m,,,

I’m going to come back and post my reaction when I stop laughing.

Nil Admirari
      none
      It’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what is inside.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Pix or it didn’t happen. 😉
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Ya we wanna see! WANT1
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      to parody 4chan: “Pics and timestamp or gtfo.”

So where did you find this? Something like this doesn’t seem to pop up on eBay very often.

Anonymous

So where did you find this? Something like this doesn’t seem to pop up on eBay very often.

I randomly found it when I was looking through Tenchi stuff on ebay, really surprised I found it as well.

Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

I refuse to accept responsibility for Firefox not showing your photobucket images. wtfisthis1 :P

(switched browsers just to post this)

As you could probably tell I was joking, lol

What is not a joke however, is the fact you could not see them AT ALL on Firefox, looks like I’m going to be doing some late night firefox investigation.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

As you could probably tell I was joking, am immune to your bullets lol

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1357/01/1357015048575.gif" />

So am I! ;)

Quote:

What is not a joke however, is the fact you could not see them AT ALL on Firefox, looks like I’m going to be doing some late night firefox investigation.

Good luck, it’s beyond my pay grade. :)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

For Washuu wrote:

to parody 4chan: “Pics and timestamp or gtfo.”

On that note, well done showing your battle station while you were at it.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Naah. I just couldn’t resist. :P
      I liked all the tenchi movies but I thought Kain was kagato to the next level especially how he was introduced in the beginning of the film. And I don’t get why Kain would go after Tenchi’s mother wouldn’t have been more proactive to go after Yosho killing him would make sure Achika was never born thus Tenchi was never born.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

The_evil_Genius wrote:

I liked all the tenchi movies but I thought Kain was kagato to the next level especially how he was introduced in the beginning of the film. And I don’t get why Kain would go after Tenchi’s mother wouldn’t have been more proactive to go after Yosho killing him would make sure Achika was never born thus Tenchi was never born.

True, or he could have gone after Yosho’s parents, assuring he in turn was never born, etc. etc.

One explanation could be that he went after Achika based on the time he found himself in. Since Achika was already born, no reason to go after Yosho at that point. But if I recall, comments were made about the fact that because Kain was able to ‘jailbreak’ out of subspace, time travel likely came easy to him; my explanation would be he probably thought, foolishly, that going after Achika would be easier than going after Yosho because she’s female (and/or younger, and/or mixed Jurain-Earthling ancestry, and/or did so for his own sick kicks).

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Because the plot demanded it.
      Nil Admirari
      none
      At most one could argue the reason why he did so was because her Jurian power was dormant and he may have had an easier time killing her since she was wholly unaware of who or what she was except perhaps very subconsciously. And he would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those meddling kids.

Of course, then you come down to the thought of “Well how did Kain know she didn’t know that?” and we go down a long hall of what-ifs that I don’t think were ever intended to be explained. At least not with any of the material we happen to have on-hand.

Anonymous
      https://tenchiforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Tenchi-Muyo-Screen-3-1050×700.png" />

Hiroshi Negishi wrote:

“The new ending to “Tenchi Muyo! in Love” has never been released on Blu-Ray before… I would like to re-release (Tenchi Muyo In Love) once again as a special edition with the new version”.

Very interesting news ahead, thoughts?

SnowQueen
      Oh wow! This is exciting even though it’s kinda a shot in the dark right now but I certainly hope this happens if it’s just small tweaks or something totally different ^_^
      ChaudSept
      Amazing !

Hope he will add more drama. I’d rather want to see more drama like Tenchi Forever (or Daughter of Darkness but…) than comedy like Ai Tenchi..

Don’t get me wrong i love comedy too.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      This really came out of left field, but when I consider all the news on the Negishi front–plans for TMiL 3, a special theatrical screening of TMiL (yup, it seems it’s going to actually be a thing, complete with lucky contestants getting free admission from a select few Blu-ray boxes of Ai) during which an announcement for future plans may follow from Negishi himself who will be in attendance–I guess it’s just one more thing to add to the pile of stuff to get seriously hyped about.

What does he plan to do? An alternate ending? A different one altogether to help set the stage for TMiL 3? Only time will tell!

Thanks for the info, Crazed!

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

Quote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

This really came out of left field, but when I consider all the news on the Negishi front–plans for TMiL 3, a special theatrical screening of TMiL (yup, it seems it’s going to actually be a thing, complete with lucky contestants getting free admission from a select few Blu-ray boxes of Ai) during which an announcement for future plans may follow from Negishi himself who will be in attendance–I guess it’s just one more thing to add to the pile of stuff to get seriously hyped about.

What does he plan to do? An alternate ending? A different one altogether to help set the stage for TMiL 3? Only time will tell!

Thanks for the info, Crazed!

So if Negishi is making an alternate ending is a new one entirely or one he considered when he initially made the first movie. More than likely he is using the first movie to set up the third to give everyone one reference. If he does make a third one along the Tenchi Universe continuity we will probably see the return of Kiyone. Or maybe he is just promoting or just nostalgia trip .

Anonymous

Ukinojo92 wrote:

So if Negishi is making an alternate ending is a new one entirely or one he considered when he initially made the first movie. More than likely he is using the first movie to set up the third to give everyone one reference. If he does make a third one along the Tenchi Universe continuity we will probably see the return of Kiyone. Or maybe he is just promoting or just nostalgia trip .

It’s hard to tell, but I’ll throw in my 2 cents.

I think Negishi is more than likely looking at a way to get back into the Universe timeline, because lets face it, TMiL2 sealed it up pretty well. We know that he has the fire back under him now to make more Tenchi, and he’s thrown TMiL3 out there as a teaser “what if” scenario”, maybe he needs this new ending as a logical segue into what he wants to do for an In Love 3? (Or any new scenario he has for that matter)

If he wants to go back simply for a new ending and nothing more, I don’t think he wants to go back because he didn’t get the chance to do something before, if anything, I think if this is merely a new ending, he’s going to make Achika live, and or make the Tenchi x Ryoko definitive ending that the Universe continuity always alluded to, but didn’t get for franchising reasons, it’s been 20 years, why not finally seal it with a kiss?

WisperG
      Maybe I’m just interpreting this wrong, but the way he words that makes it sound like this alternate ending already exists, it just never saw the light of day, but he now wants people to see this other version via a special edition of the movie.
      Nil Admirari
      none

WisperG wrote:

Maybe I’m just interpreting this wrong, but the way he words that makes it sound like this alternate ending already exists, it just never saw the light of day, but he now wants people to see this other version via a special edition of the movie.

That’s sort of how I took it, really. Negishi has been interested in giving fans a peek behind the curtain lately, and this would just be another push for that. I can’t see them editing the old alternate ending over the original, but providing it as a neat extra on a BR release as a special edition. Hell, maybe he can do us a favor and get the Laserdisc Special Edition ending song slideshow/animation thrown in for good measure! kiyonesmile1

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Tomorrow will be the 19th anniversary of the release of arguably my favorite anime film of all time, Tenchi Muyo! in Love. I just finished rewatching it since I will likely not have the opportunity tomorrow due to professional obligations.

This film is special to me on many levels, some I don’t think I can completely articulate in the printed word. I saw this movie on the SciFi Channel back in late 1996, or early 1997, during the now defunct Saturday Anime block. It aired alongside other favorites such as Akira, Armitage III, Roujin Z, Record of Lodoss War, Vampire Hunter D (1985 film), Lily C.A.T., Ninja Scroll, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, among many others.

But, TMiL was different. The others introduced new characters and told an encapsulated story. TMiL was a continuation of a TV series, Tenchi Universe, which I had not seen prior to seeing the movie. I first met Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka very quickly after watching Kain destroy the Galaxy Police Headquarters. I was left wondering who these people were, from whence they came, among so many other questions. My 16-17-year-old mind craved answers, which spurred my collection of the franchise as a whole. I had seen anime before in the form of Robotech (i.e. Macross) and Teknoman (i.e. Tekkaman Blade), but the open questions drew me into the universe.

Then, there was the setting. Tenchi Muyo! in all its incarnations was a mix of science fiction and fantasy, having the advanced technology of the Galaxy Police and Washu mixed with the magic of the Jurai royal family. I had not really experienced anything of the sort before 1996, and I immediately fell in love with the universe and its enigmatic metaphysics. As one might imagine, the movie-budget animation was a sight to behold and kept my attention throughout the piece.

Also, the film had a significant time travel element. I was already a fan of The Terminator and Back To the Future, so Kain’s plot to go back 26 years and murder Achika Masaki caught my imagination and would not let go.

Of course, the voice cast brought the characters to life. This was one of, if not the, first anime film I had seen that did not have stilted delivery. In fact, the characters felt natural and well-placed. I fell in love with Petrea Burchard’s Ryoko and Jennifer Darling’s Ayeka squabbling with one another. I laughed at the Odd Couple-like relationship between Sherry Lynn’s Kiyone and Ellen Gerstell’s Mihoshi. Naturally, I could relate to Matt Miller’s Tenchi Masaki as he struggled to save his mother. And, for this movie in particular, I adored Grace Zandarski’s Achika Masaki. I still get misty when Tenchi falls on his knees, desperately begginng Washu for a way to save his parents. I still cheer when he cuts Kain’s mask. I still feel the razor’s edge when Ryoko confronts the Operative, or while she watches him quietly, carefully.

The music, composed by Christopher Franke of Babylon 5 fame, tickled my ears. I heard this soundtrack at the height of my participation in the Longview ISD band program, and I wanted to play tracks from this movie. I memorized the lyrics sung by Nina Hagen and Rick Jude from the liner notes. I think this was the first CD I ever bought. Coincidentally, the DVD of TMiL was the second anime DVD I bought, after Iria.

So captivated by this film was I that within a year, I was writing stories continuing it. I wanted more high space adventures with these characters I so loved. Some of Achika’s last words were that Tenchi would need the sword again one day. That open-endedness spurred me to think about where the story could go. What foe would be next? Whose sins would next return to haunt our heroes? I cite both this film and the works of Michael Crichton as my greatest inspirations for writing fiction, both for Tenchi and otherwise. Even now as I write, I still hear Matt, Petrea, and Jennifer’s voices in my head as they laugh, cry, and battle with the obstacles I put in their characters’ way.

From that creative writing arose my professional writing voice. While I do not produce as much fiction as I did when I was a teenager, I now write research articles in mathematics. Without experimenting with Tenchi and learning how to string both words and ideas together, I would not be the mathematician I am today.

Happy birthday, Tenchi Muyo! in Love. Thank you always, Petrea, Matt, and all those involved in its creation and localization. May the carnival of high adventure and space magic come around again.

ChaudSept
      Hope the size isn’t too big

So, did you know some edition company, FilmComics, did a manga version of TMiL?

In 2 volumes, it seems to be chunk of the movie put in printed format. Great piece of art if you ask me. Here’s pictures, since I own it, fuck yeeeeaah.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/32/1439052030-dsc00985.jpg" />

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/32/1439052158-dsc00986.jpg" />

All in colour.

Also, since I own that too… plagiat Dagon123 industry ©

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/32/1439052025-dsc00990.jpg" />

The freakin’ storyboard of da movie. With typesetted text + some hand written annotation + scenes that didn’t make it to the movie.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/32/1439052149-dsc00988.jpg" />

Time to update that.

iloveit1

The panels that you show from the manga make them look more like an American style comic than

manga imho.

(I almost expect to see Spidey come and join the gang.)

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

ChaudSept wrote:

The freakin’ storyboard of da movie. With typesetted text + some hand written annotation + scenes that didn’t make it to the movie.

It would be nice to see some storyboards of how the scenes were going to go or things that got cut.

ChaudSept
      I’ve managed to “scan” all the illustrations of my novel edition. Available here to download ! (The color illustrations are kinda bad, sorry)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440364645-p007.jpg" />

Achika is having a bad dream? Right in the prologue.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440364652-p043.jpg" />

We probably know this scene very well.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440364783-p091.jpg" />

It looks like young Yosho ^^

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440365062-p109.jpg" />

Those two.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440365028-p163.jpg" />

Confrontation?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440365004-p185.jpg" />

T_T

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/34/1440365076-p199.jpg" />

Epilogue.

As you can see, due to too much leveling on my poor yellow pages, some of them are really burnt. I think it’s ok though. I don’t have time to edit and white them out.

Who drew that ? Fumio MATSUMOTO, Hiroyuki HORIUCHI, and Naoyuki OWADA.

jgzinv
      I would suggest Irfanview, and just tell it to batch process whatever folder you have it all it in, turning them all greyscale.

Probably take a minute or two to setup, then it’ll chew through everything in a couple seconds.

drillmaster
      My god, this is awesome, especially Young Yosho. Could this be an inclination that Kain tried to attack Yosho first, realized he couldn’t, and settled on his daughter instead?

I wish I knew how to read Japanese solely so I could help translate all of these novels. You do us fans a great service Chaud. Thank you again.

ChaudSept

JGZinv wrote:

I would suggest Irfanview, and just tell it to batch process whatever folder you have it all it in, turning them all greyscale.

Probably take a minute or two to setup, then it’ll chew through everything in a couple seconds.

Is your soft also crops and orientates easily and quiclky? The thing about the app I use is it’s super easy to crop the image and then the soft adjust the picture to give a great straight scan-like picture.

drillmaster wrote:

My god, this is awesome, especially Young Yosho. Could this be an inclination that Kain tried to attack Yosho first, realized he couldn’t, and settled on his daughter instead?

At first I was like “meh, maybe it’s just a GP officer”, but now I can assure you at 100% that Yosho’s name is written several times a couple of pages before the image. And I think maybe for the first time at page 88 (The illustration is page 91). Btw his name is in a dialogue.

I didn’t see TMiL for some time now, but I do not recall anything Yosho related in it. If some expert here knows something, then tell mmhmm1 .

Any translated stuff about that book will/should gohere

jgzinv
      I think there’s a way to auto straighten and probably crop but I don’t know how easy or intelligent it is.

Honestly even though I use photoshop, I still use various tools for this or that cause they work easier.

Irfan would do the job quickly and it’s free as in beer, pie, and slavery. It’ll also read some corrupted files better

than Photoshop, among other functions it does.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      They are showing TMIL on October 31, my guess is to give a reason for making people cosplay for the movie, and not look weird.

https://twitter.com/tenchimuyo20th/status/650097980847034368” class=”bbcode_url”>https://twitter.com/tenchimuyo20th/status/650097980847034368

http://twipla.jp/events/158689” class=”bbcode_url”>http://twipla.jp/events/158689

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.