Top Tenchi Fan Fics

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Top Tenchi Fan Fics

• This topic is empty.
    At the time of this writing, there are 3,101 stories on Fanfiction.net.

But only a few really capture the essence that is Tenchi.

I thought we could share with each other the ones we feel are the cream of the crop!

So here are my favorites.

I must confess as a TenchiXRyoko shipper my preference gravitates in that direction, but those stories are so well written that I think you will be able to transcend you partisan preference and enjoy the show.

With that in mind, let the count down begin.

#4 Tenchi Twins

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4327833/1/Tenchi_Twins

Synopsis: Tenchi of the future switches places with Tenchi of the past, cue chaos.

Review: This short story, while a Tenchi and Ryoko fic, contains all the outrageous hilarity that permiated the best of the Tecnhi Story archs. Basically, Lady Tokimi is bored and decides to use her god like powers to swap the normal Tenchi out with his future self who is married to Ryoko. Now the present Ryoko has to pretend that everything is normal-including fight with Ayeka like the competition is still going on while Washu figures out what is going on. Everyone is in character and you will no doubt have great fun with this one.

#3 Ryoko’s wedding

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/230498/1/

This is just a romantic take on how Tenchi and Ryoko’s wedding would go down. It is the last part of a series of short stories, but I felt this one was the best of the lot. I just hate a tiny plot device in the story-you’ll know it when you see it.

#2 Among the Stars

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/333338/1/Among_the_stars

Synopsis: Ryoko finally gets Tenchi to agree to go on a trip with her to outer-space. What adventures await them? What about the others?

Review: This is my second favorite story. This is the only story I found that touches on Tenchi’s promise to go on a trip with Ryoko at the end of Tenchi Universe. What makes this story great is that everyone is in character, the author perfectly crafted space romps that are caused by Ryoko’s pirating ways which drags poor Tenchi into trouble, and he does not spend the ENTIRE story on just Ryoko chipping at Tenchi’s heart. But when the chipping does start, it is beautifully done. This even provides the best reason I have seen for The TU Ayeka to concede Tenchi’s heart to Ryoko. Ironically this is also one of the reasons why this is not #1 on my list. Maybe I’m just old man Tenchisythe, but I prefer characters to wait till marriage before engaging in sexual intimacy. Bad enough that this is not done in this story, but the fact that it is rushed kinda ruins Ayeka’s said reason for concession. But aside from that one flaw, this story is amazing and will please any TenchiXRyoko shipper.

#1 No Need for Achika

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4797501/1/

Synopsis: Set after the movie: ‘Tenchi Muyo in Love’. When Washu goes back in time to bring Tenchi’s long lost mother to the present, Achika must get used to her new life in the present day. TU continuity.

Review: This is the best Tenchi story in existence. To aliviate the family’s pain of missing Achika, Washu creates a time machine to grab Achika before she died so she could find out the cause of her death, stop it and send her back so she could live to meet everyone. What follows is a wacky adventure of time parodoxes, life readjustments, and a new layer the Ryoko-Ayeka rivalry-the battle for Achika’s blessing. But perhaps the highest praise for this work comes from the author’s take on the TU Washu.

Some Fans were disappointed that there was no Mother-daughter relationship in the Tenchi Universe Continuity. This story makes a plausible explination on how in fact Washu COULD be Ryoko’s mother in Tenchi Universe. Read it to find out.

But what really makes this story great is that it feels like a real episode or movie. If you saw this on TV you would never know that it was a fanfic.

These are my favorites. So which are your favorites?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thank you very much for posting these Tenchiscythe, sorry to say I haven’t read alot of Tenchi fanfiction (though I intend to) so I don’t have any to contribute right now (though I did like the one by Tearatone posted here on the forum). But thank you for the links & recommendations, now I can read some good Tenchi fanfics! (fanfics for anything can be difficult to sort through, there’s a lot of material, & well, sorry to say they’re not all created equal (though every one shared on this forum thus far has been good imo).
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I don’t read a lot of Tenchi fanfiction, but I like this one http://www.fanfiction.net/s/538836/1/Rainy_Day_Lover .

Tenchi/Kiyone goodness :)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.