War on Geminar DUB clip

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime War on Geminar DUB clip

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      0n0plz Oh Mai Gawd, me thinks this is gonna’ be good.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      New Dub clip!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/GPLDgEayivc[/BBvideo]

I like this voice cast more and more every time I hear it! I do wish FUNi would release a clip with Aura in it, as I now really want to hear how her voice fits in with the rest of the cast. Oh, and they’re calling the pilots “sacred mecha-masters” in the dub…. that seems like a really cheesy/lazy translation to me, at least from this clip. “Seikishi” means “machine-warrior” if I’m not mistaken, which is pretty close to mecha-master, but I just think that they could have come up with a more imaginative, or less cheesy term. Eh, whatever, I’m still thrilled by how well the whole package is coming together.

WisperG
      Yeah, I like the voices alot. That release date can’t come soon enough!

Although I do think it would’ve been better if they still referred to the pilots as Seikishi. “Sacred Mecha-master” is such a mouthful, and they say it so often, you’d think it would’ve been easier if they didn’t go with a literal translation and left it as-is. But maybe they needed longer words to match lip flaps or something.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

WisperG wrote:

But maybe they needed longer words to match lip flaps or something.

Lol, I agree with you that they should have just kept the term Seikishi. It fits, and they wouldn’t have to worry about the lip flap issue! I’m also glad to FINALLY see a trailer for WoG that doesn’t make it look like a goddam hentai! My wallet is definitely going to hate me, but I think I will go ahead and pre-order the SE sets, cause I’m really starting to crave this show!

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      OK, I’ll be to one to disagree with leaving things untranslated, because that’s even lazier. :P

The three main terms thrown about, as well as the other robots, tend to blend together after a while, to my ears at least. I like having a little distinction between them.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      bth_oyesfaceplz Pillow fight!

P.S.- chuck has kindly pointed out that the clip is “signed in” only… 😳 considering the subject matter and FUNi’s age rating, I guess I should have expected as much. Sorry.

WisperG
      Fortunately, I have an account over there :D

I loved the clip, it was really funny. I’m really liking the voices they went with too.

Nobuyuki wrote:

bth_oyesfaceplz Pillow fight!

P.S.- chuck has kindly pointed out that the clip is “signed in” only… 😳 considering the subject matter and FUNi’s age rating, I guess I should have expected as much. Sorry.

I think FUNi is a little hard on age ratings. For god’s sake, they even gave Tenchi Universe a mature rating (when I watch it on Hulu, I get “The following is intended only for Mature audiences. Viewer digression advised” like it really has much if any content worse than DBZ. The language is PG-level, and there’s no more nudity than Sailor Moon… TV-PG would probably be the best rating for the uncut show…

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Try this one instead: 😉

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpoEMNx4f7I[/BBvideo]

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      For those of you thinking, “Weren’t there supposed to be mechs in this show?” :Cheeks:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04CWZi3Xup4[/BBvideo]

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.