What Anime Are You Watching?

Forums Off Topic Other Anime What Anime Are You Watching?

• This topic is empty.
    I’m pretty sure at least some of you guys watch anime, so what anime series’ is everyone out there watching right now? =3

I’m working on Highschool of the Dead myself. ^_^

Viewing 368 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      Lol I just watched HOTD on Monday, going to watch it again tomorrow so I can show it to a friend <3 ^_^
      ryokofan21
      Just finished Gurren Lagann for the second time next up is Full Metal Panic.
      Anonymous

Little Washu wrote:

Aaaannddd then watch it again and again and again and again! <3 ^_^

Oh you know, instant favorite <3!

ryokofan21 wrote:

Just finished Gurren Lagann for the second time next up is Full Metal Panic.

Full Metal Panic is AMAZING, make sure you get to Fumoffu too, that’s the comic relief side season that’s pure hilarity xD!

ryokofan21

Quote:

Full Metal Panic is AMAZING, make sure you get to Fumoffu too, that’s the comic relief side season that’s pure hilarity xD!

That is if i remember to get to Full Metal Panic AT ALL. I seem to be forgetting to watch the rest of my stuff. I’ve still got like 5 or 6 sets I still need to watch. One of those being the Ah My Goddess Movie. I was so excited to finally get it. I can’t wait.

Kai
      It’s funny you mention Full Metal Panic I just finished watching Full Metal Panic : Fumoffu . I love the fact Sousuke takes everything so seriously still. Also recently been watching Hellsing Ultimate, Dragonball Z (the cell games saga) and Bleach ep.326. I feel tempted to watch Outlaw Star again, although today I have had the ova tenchi muyo episode “We Need Tenchi” playing in my head. Maybe it’s a sign to go through all of Tenchi again. Either way I am sure it”ll be fun. :D
      ryokofan21
      Up to episode 13 of Full Metal Panic and I’m liking it so far.
      Sparkle
      I watched Ouran High School Host club after my exams and it was great! Then I got busy and kept putting off starting Toradora, but I saw that one of my friends on twitter kept going on about a show that recently aired called Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. I had some free time and just watched the first episode, purely out of curiosity because of the big name xD I knew next to nothing about it, and i’m only 2 episodes in and it is amazing. I wont say anything about the plot cause it will spoil it (it’s all kinda a suprise through the first episode). It’s really sad, almost Clannad sad! I think i’ll do that more often, just jump into a series without much thought or knowledge. It’s a nice surprise!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Finally a friend of mine (& several from a certain forum ^-^) got me to see High School of the Dead…so far I love it! A bunch of kids in a fairly typical zombie-apocalypse scenario, but with the fun quirks & mannerisms that only an anime can provide. It has very memorable characters & an engaging plot surrounded by a fun doomsday/end-of-the-world setting that I just find a pleasure to watch! (Hot chicks are a plus, even if the fan service is sometimes a tad excessive). So far my favs are definitely Saeko & Rei. :hotd: I’m about halfway through, have yet to finish so nobody spoil it for me!!!!!!!!! *please :=D:
      Anonymous
      I’m glad you like it so far who! It’s one of my favorites now for sure, I’m still incredulous that we don’t have more shows like it :rei:
      Anonymous
      Almost done with Xam’d”>[/size]

http://hsbsitez.com/images/files_collection/13273.jpg" />

Fantastic Show, would highly recommend if you want to see something different

ryokofan21
      About to wrap up Black Lagoon and then gonna very quickly go through FLCL.
      Anonymous
      Watching Natsume Yuujincho San (Season 3), really great show, just wish crunchy didn’t have it lol

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/NatsumeYuujin-chouSan-03-Large23.jpg" />

Anonymous
      Going to work on Baka and Test this weekend whenever I get some time to relax >_<. Watched half of an episode earlier this year at Sakura Con and it had some good humor ^_^

http://assets.huluim.com/shows/key_art_baka_and_test_summon_the_beasts.jpg" />

Kangajack
      What’s up everyone.

Before I comment, we all have our likes and dislikes.

I tend to not want to watch new anime’s.

A few strange reasons of mine could be is that:

1- have not finished most other anime’s

2- i like to limit my pickings.

3- still viewing, Gurren Lagann & Corpse Princess.

P.S. I suggest you all trying those two.

Never thought I would like it until I saw

It on the sy-fy (sci-fi) channel.

P.S.S. Why did they change their name?

P.S.S.S. The other one was from Netflix lol.

Sign,

~Andrei

Anonymous
      I’m watching Maworu Penguindrum and I have to say, it’s one of the most bizarre series I’ve ever seen. XD Which is to be expected, given that Ikuhara is directing it and he’s responsible for Utena, another bizarre series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Sakano_San/moe2018700720sample.jpg" />

The series follows two brothers and their little sister who live together, and the sister has an incurable disease. (Some first episode spoilers:) She ends up dying, but comes back to life thanks to an evil, possessed penguin hat they purchased at an aquarium gift shop. In exchange for their sister’s life, the two brothers have to do the penguin queen’s bidding and get their very own penguin servants. Chaos ensues. :P

Though the series is pretty funny and cute so far (penguins!), there’s also a darker tone to the show, a feeling that something isn’t quite right. Knowing Ikuhara, it definitely won’t just be a light, fluffy show but probably end up being a psychological series. I’m looking forward to watching more! n_n

ryokofan21
      Currently going through everything I have for Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s quite a lot of material.
      Anonymous
      Betterman, despite the name with which many jokes occur, lol the show isn’t half bad, dub is good, and its easily my number 1 mindfuck anime

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/5Banimepaper.jpg" />

Anonymous
      Betterman: Making the world a betterplace one viewer at a time. :P
      ryokofan21
      Just finished Eva 2.22. WOW.
      Anonymous
      I just got done with Baka and Test season one, definitely worth it to me ^_^! Not usually a fan of school shows but I do like comedies and this show had a lot of cute humor. They toss in large amounts of references to other anime and even have an entire episode parodying the format of an Evangelion episode (eye catches and all, the lead’s sister wears a necklace much like Misato does too). I’ll be getting season two when it drops stateside :trooper:! Now I just have to wait for Spice and Wolf season two to get here already =O![attachment=0]bt0302.jpg[/attachment]
      Baka and Test was heavily recommended to me by my buddy. I feel I should watch it, too.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, been eagerly awaiting release of part 5 (dub). I’ve been watching the dubbed version, & I absolutely love it (it’s got Vic Mignona, how could u not?) so that’s what I’m looking forward to at the moment (actually, it should be out pretty soon, last I heard was sometime in August)
      Anonymous

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Baka and Test was heavily recommended to me by my buddy. I feel I should watch it, too.

If you’re unsure then I’d check out the youtube clips on FUNi’s channel to see if you mesh with the humor of the show. I wasn’t initially interested but they showed like half an episode at Sakura Con and I thought it was good enough to pick it up after that ^_^. They have a lot of random humor in there and the typical sexual humor jokes (one guy is a complete “trap” and they constantly call him a girl, jokes about breast size differences, one of the girls does wrestling moves on the lead when he says rude things, there’s silhouettes and references to other anime too: I saw Bunta Kun from FMP, Eva references, they mention the words “Tenjo Tenge” when this guy is screaming gibberish, etc xD). Definitely recommend it to you though! It’s the sort of show you might watch by yourself or with a bud for the humor xD. I think my favorite characters were Shouko and Yuuji :duke1:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, been eagerly awaiting release of part 5 (dub). I’ve been watching the dubbed version, & I absolutely love it (it’s got Vic Mignona, how could u not?) so that’s what I’m looking forward to at the moment (actually, it should be out pretty soon, last I heard was sometime in August)

August 2nd my friend <3

I’ve heard a few good things about Full Metal Panic so while I was at Best Buy I got it. 40 dollars, plus on an unrelated note I’ve been on a CD binge so I got Master of Puppets and Ride the lightning as well.

Total bill for today including my lunch and drinking habits- 92 dollars.

:troll: I regret nothing.

Anonymous

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

I’ve heard a few good things about Full Metal Panic so while I was at Best Buy I got it. 40 dollars, plus on an unrelated note I’ve been on a CD binge so I got Master of Puppets and Ride the lightning as well.

Total bill for today including my lunch and drinking habits- 92 dollars.

:troll: I regret nothing.

Full Metal Panic is awesome, I hope you like it! Fumoffu and The Second Raid are both great too xP!

Anonymous
      Currently going through Outlaw Star Remastered (Oh baby does it look beautiful, Why Bandai? Why can’t we have it? :eff: )

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/462802.jpg" />

Anonymous

peruano99 wrote:

I will try to finish Saint Knight’s Tale today… btw have the original dvds for those ovas been released yet?

If by original you mean the Japanese ones, then yes they’ve been out for quite awhile

Anonymous

peruano99 wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

peruano99 wrote:

I will try to finish Saint Knight’s Tale today… btw have the original dvds for those ovas been released yet?

If by original you mean the Japanese ones, then yes they’ve been out for quite awhile

do you know where I could find them? thank you.. and do they all come in one set with each dvd? or separate dvd cases? thanks.

Keep in mind they are Japanese only, no subs whatsoever

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search3.html?q=Isekai+No+Seikishi+Monogatari&media=&r=any&step=20&order=score

As it stands, the DVD’s are all seperate, however their is a Blu-ray Box

Anonymous
      As soon as rightstuf ships my season two copy I’m going to be doing a Spice and Wolf marathon of seasons one and two dubbed! Brina Palencia is a perfect Holo, my favorite role she’s done by far :hero:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cms/action/ItemDescription?ItemDescriptionTypeName=LARGE_IMAGE&LanguageIsoName=en&ItemName=fun01184" />

http://www.rightstuf.com/cms/action/ItemDescription?ItemDescriptionTypeName=LARGE_IMAGE&LanguageIsoName=en&ItemName=fun01182" />

Anonymous
      Okay had to hold off a while because of real life drama :cat:, but tonight I’m finishing up season one of Spice and Wolf and Sunday I’ll probably jolt through all of season two <3 :datass:
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Friend of mine recently introduced me to Steinsgate. I’ve only seen first 10 episodes or so thus far, but my opinion as of now is a big thumbs up. It’s a sci-fi, time-travel action/thriller, hopefully I’ll get around to watching more sooner rather than later.

http://f4zzr.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/12.jpg" />

The main character’s “mad scientist” attitude, along with the quirkiness/dangerous experiments that the title brings, of course reminded me of everyone’s favorite [evil] genius

:washu:

Want to make your very own time machine? First you’ll need a microwave oven, a cell phone, & an outdated computer…

Anonymous
      Spice and Wolf season two was… AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING <3!!1! Now that I’ve finished that I want to go and watch all of Eden of the East in one run (seen all but the final movie) and hopefully that ends as well :O!

Btw who I’m stoked for Stein’s; Gate! It’s made by the same guy who did Serial Experiments Lain which was phenomenal if you’re into deeper anime

https://www.animeharu.com/image/DVDs/FN08839.jpg" />

devilbecka
      high school of the dead X3
      Anonymous
      Okay I’ve been watching through all of Eden of the East again and it reminded why I love it so much =D!!! Wonderful anime, also one of the better dubs by FUNimation too. I honestly can say I love the dub and Leah Clark/ Jason Liebrecht both make it amazing (Stephanie Young does a mean Juiz =P)!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/SethMerlo/EdenoftheEastposter.png" />

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Starting Fullmetal Panic, another one I’ve always wanted to watch (turns out Netflix has a decent selection of better-known anime). Seems like a cool series thus far.
      Anonymous

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Starting Fullmetal Panic, another one I’ve always wanted to watch (turns out Netflix has a decent selection of better-known anime). Seems like a cool series thus far.

YES! God I love Full Metal Panic!!

Right now I’m going to be watching X’amd all the way through since my anime care package arrived last week!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x117/naruto_lover_18/1024-by-768-570079-20080926224837.jpg" />

ryokofan21
      Currently going through Peacemaker. Not really what I expected, but its still good.
      Kangajack
      Hopefully if I get a chance to put Comedy in my life, I will watch Sailor Moon again.
      Anonymous
      Gun X Sword

http://ezanimez.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/g/u/gun-x-sword-ez-anime-dvds_6.jpg" />

I’ll write a review for it at some point on here but just finished and

Go watch it right now

Go stream it, Go buy it, whatever

I can’t praise it enough, Great dub, great story

Mind freakin boggling how good it was, and that ending :hero:

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

Great dub, great story

Certainly better than the old Geneon promo led me to believe. I should never have doubted Kurata-san. 8-)

DarkRoxima
      I just finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. All I can say is “WHY GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!” And I’m not much of an anime person. It’s been a long time that I have seen a good anime. But Brotherhood was just too damn awesome. Even better than the original Fullmetal Alchemist. There is said it!!!!!! :dexter:
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

DarkRoxima wrote:

I just finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. All I can say is “WHY GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!” And I’m not much of an anime person. It’s been a long time that I have seen a good anime. But Brotherhood was just too damn awesome. Even better than the original Fullmetal Alchemist. There is said it!!!!!! :dexter:

^So much yes to this post, I’m totally on the same page with ya :ghost:

Anonymous
      Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e8tv6KoeoGI/TY1SmkZQjXI/AAAAAAAALV8/GN4JCNgX-0I/s400/Mahou%2BShoujo%2BMadoka%2BMagica%2B02.jpg" />

Just finished this (after marathoning, and I haven’t marathon-ed anything since Evangelion

Anime of the Year, absolutely no contest, if you haven’t seen this yet, drop whatever anime your watching and watch this because this is better then what you’re watching, lol

I know what you’re thinking, I know, I thought it too, trust me, mind blowing, it earned its spot in my favorites in stride, pre-ordered my god…lol

Dagon123 wrote:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

I want to watch that just to have justification to own a plush of that cute critter with the red eyes.

Anonymous

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

I want to watch that just to have justification to own a plush of that cute critter with the red eyes.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj87mwvhqo1qid6vfo1_500.jpg" />

Be careful what you wish for….

^I have to go to the bathroom. :Cheeks:
      jgzinv
      I watched Noir… wasn’t impressed. The music was really good up till it started repeating every episode.

The ending was obvious by the 3rd episode, and they had mystical “Got shot nearly died” and “got shot same place and goes jumping around the room”

scenes that just didn’t work.

On the other hand, watched Rideback… and I give that a JGZ 2 thumbs up award. The dub is quite good as well, and it’s on Netflix for the interested.

It had an interesting plot, a fair spin on some things, and didn’t pull punches. It didn’t try to be more than it set out to be and sufficiently achieved that.

About the only thing they could have done better was give a little more time for the epilogue. If you watch it you’ll understand when I say Bravo.

It’s got ballerinas and motorcycle mecha… come on now you have to watch it to figure out how that works… :D

Tenchi-sama
      Currently watching Naruto Shippuden & Poketto Monsuta (Pokemon): Best Wishes
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I’m watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and it’s GREAT :D

… Oh that isn’t anime? Whoops.

:Cheeks:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Another oldie but a goodie… The Slayers! (currently wrapping up ‘Try’)
      jgzinv
      Somewhat relevant to the topic…. but here’s a thought….

Out of all the Funimation stuff on Netflix (which evidently most of us on here are using)… why is there no Tenchi

on there?

I mean there used to be that Funimation channel block that had Tenchi GXP and a couple other shows and they

ran it into the ground with reruns… and they have the license for OVA 3… at least put the stuff on Netflix.

Sure would help the fanbase to get the shows “on the air” again.

Good question, considering it’s listed:

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Tenchi-Muyo/60030711” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Tenchi-Muyo/60030711

Nobuyuki
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

Out of all the Funimation stuff on Netflix (which evidently most of us on here are using)… why is there no Tenchi on there?

Most likely they don’t have streaming rights clearances to run it everywhere.

As it is, only Hulu and FUNI (using Hulu’s embeds) are streaming GXP dubbed.

jgzinv
      Probably an exclusive with them then…
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      ^Good point JGZinv, Funi’s put up a decent selection of anime on Netflix as of late it seems, one would wonder why oav3 might not be there as well…

I would guess something like they’re just rotating different series (of anime, not Tenchi) out, I don’t think they keep streaming all series (anime, in this instance) permanently, as in their selection may differ given enough time.*

Though, probably something like Nobuyuki mentioned, most likely something to do with streaming rights (geez, copyrighting nowadays with media must be complicated…dvd, internet streaming–hulu, netflix, itunes– cable tv, all with their own neat red-taped wrapping to go through)

jgzinv
      I watched Eden of the East the series in one shot tonight/this morning… how do you even begin to describe it to people? I thought FLCL was unique… I think there’s a new standard. It wasn’t a completely new narrative, but it was so well wrapped in layers, and little touches, thought candy, that it comes off incredibly well polished… but you feel like you’re sucked along a wild ride at the same time. I also applaud them for taking recent events and incorporating them instead of backing away.

I guess if I had one word to describe it… I’d say “weird.”

Evidently there’s two movies that pick up at the end of each other, but the latter has a little bit of a dud

ending. (Blast you wikipedia spoilers!) I debate if I want to watch them or not.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I really liked Eden of the East… but it bothered me when they brought up/made references to 9-11 a lot of times. Still have some emotional scarring from that day (I live near New York CIty), and it just seemed weird that they mentioned it there.

Right now I’m in a 90’s Nickelodeon Marathon kick… Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Angry Beavers, Ahhh Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Catdog…. :) I did watch Angel Beats and Madoka a few weeks ago. Also saw the film Summer Wars… which was very interesting. Gunslinger Girl… pretty music.

jgzinv
      So you’re saying the Secret Life of Alex Mack is in there somewhere. :)
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none

JGZinv wrote:

So you’re saying the Secret Life of Alex Mack is in there somewhere. :)

Of course. I loved that show.

Anonymous
      Currently going through StarDriver

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/800px-Stardriver_title.png" />

and I’m actually surprised by how masculine it is (had to find the right wording for the feeling lol), despite the bishounen design, its pretty epic and manly, especially the main character, who, despite what I had seen before, is in fact manly, and the music is awesome as well, Great Show

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I’m watching Please Twins… which is a harem… and at times dirty but… also funny. I watch it for the funny parts.
      ryokofan21
      Currently watching both Trigun Badlands Rumble and I finally picked up High School of The Dead.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      My friend let me borrow her .hack//sign dvd set… which is a series I remember liking when it appeared on… I want to say Adult Swim. Like the storyline and plot, voice acting is amazing and has my favourite actors in it. Yeah.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Mittens wrote:

I remember liking when it appeared on… I want to say Adult Swim.

You could say it, but it wouldn’t be true;)

Kiyami
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Mittens wrote:

I remember liking when it appeared on… I want to say Adult Swim.

You could say it, but it wouldn’t be true;)

😳

My memory is furry.

Aack zombie thread! 😆

I just started Big O subbed yesterday.It was even cooler in Japanese than in the English Language Dub.And of course

Dorothy’s:”Roger Smith You Are A Louse!”bit was worth it.

Let’s see..watching Bleach on Adult Swim and watching Sekirei, Girls Bravo, Vandread, and Slayers Next on Netflix.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Claymore and not anime but Japanese “horror” films.. pfft. Oh right they go for more psychologically scary things. Ju-On 1 and 2… Completely different films than the American remakes.A lot of wtf moments that probably have a different meaning to a Japanese viewer.

What else have I been watching? Moreso reading />.>” title=”>.>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> Hmm… I really want to see the Lorax (Hey, it’s animated so it is relevant here and Sherry Lynn is an extra voice in it).</t></div>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
</div></li>
<li>
<div id=

Mittens wrote:

Claymore and not anime but Japanese “horror” films.. pfft. Oh right they go for more psychologically scary things. Ju-On 1 and 2… Completely different films than the American remakes.A lot of wtf moments that probably have a different meaning to a Japanese viewer.

What else have I been watching? Moreso reading />.>” title=”>.>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> Hmm… I really want to see the Lorax (Hey, it’s animated so it is relevant here and Sherry Lynn is an extra voice in it).<e></e></quote></r></div>
<p>I have mixed feelings over the new Lorax film…  I really liked the older cartoon a lot. Will probably have to bite the bullet and check it out to really decide.</p>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
</div></li>
<li>
<div id=

I keep forgetting that I’m also watching Tokyo Mew Mew on Saturdays.

Today I saw ep.7 of Maze on Youtube.It was interesting since Maze and Mill weren’t in it.

Couldn’t use Netflix this morning so I caught up on Fairy Tail. :D
      I watched the live action Cutie Honey movie yesterday.I started with the making of.And now I know why Gendo Ikari looks

that way,as they had scenes with Anno Hideki in them in the making of.Also Go Nagai did a Stan Lee and was in a cameo.

It’s the scene where Honey is thrown from Jill Tower and lands squarely in the middle of Go Nagai’s winshield.Overall this was a fun film to watch.Not Great Art,but more fun on the lines of the 1960s Batman movie.

Yeah any movie where the heroine is shown in a bubble bath and then running around in garbage bags.
      is going to be a bit silly.But then again it was fun for all the silliness. 8-)

That and Natusko aka Nat-chan.I couldn’t tell who I liked better Honey or Nat-chan.

Well I re-started Wedding Peach on Wednesday and the Read Or Die OVA on Thursday.Friday I got up to ep.24 on

Buso Renkin.A real A+ episode,especially the ending sinceTokiko actually is shown crying.
      Today saw ep.38 of Tokyo Mew Mew andAoyama confessed that he knew Ichigo was a Mew Mew

for a long time.He also told her about being adopted.tonight ep.3 of Big O. :D

Th.:Read or Die ep.2

Fri.:Buso Renkin ep.25,and so one more episode left.I can understand why Tokiko was doing what she was doing in the

Danger Room.

Sat.:Tokyo Mew Mew ep.39,can’t believe there’s only 13 episodes left now.

On a side note I got into Spokane yesterday and managed to get vol.2 of the Code Name Sailor V manga along with

Season 1 of Rosario And Vampire. :washu:

I finished what I have of Ai Yori Aoshi & Ai Yori Aoshi:Enishi on Tuesday.Next week I start I”s/I”s Pure.

Wednesday I saw ep.3 of Wedding Peach and next week introduces Angel Lily in ep.4

Tonight I finish ROD and next week I move on to what I have of Lain. :datass:

Anonymous
      Just finally getting back into regularly watching anime and I found one that perfectly fits my love of fairy tales called

http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Ookami-san-soundtrack-cover.jpg" />

I enjoy what I have of Haruhi,so should I give Okami-san a try?

Tonight I start to re-watch LAIN vol.1.A show that has been greatly overanalyzed and also greatly misunderstood.

I could go on and on by pointing out how everyone who analyzes it(or at least tries to)keeps missing the point by

totally ignoring a main character:Arisu/Alice.

Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

I enjoy what I have of Haruhi,so should I give Okami-san a try?

Tonight I start to re-watch LAIN vol.1.A show that has been greatly overanalyzed and also greatly misunderstood.

I could go on and on by pointing out how everyone who analyzes it(or at least tries to)keeps missing the point by

totally ignoring a main character:Arisu/Alice.

I love LAIN, I actually have it myself and found it to be very intriguing. You could probably spend the better portion of a couple hours discussing it but I find that now it becomes even more interesting as technology becomes more prevalent and more and more people are beginning to fall back onto it as a social medium.

But to answer your question yes you should check out Okami-san if you’re looking for a light-hearted and modern take on classic fairy tales. Here’s a scenario from an episode inspired by the classic story of the turtle and the hare. One girl was originally chubby as a child but then ate right and exercised to become more fit, growing into her natural beauty slowly (the turtle); whereas her rival used to tease her and now the two are huge rivals both vying for the affections of the same boy. It plays out in an interesting manner, but the jokes are fairly clever and I loved what I did get to see of Toradora so it worked for me ^_^. I’ll finish it this weekend but after that I’m watching Infinite Stratos so I’ll have a better idea once I’m totally done =). If you liked LAIN you might want to try Ghost Hound, it’s by the same guy I believe…

http://assets.huluim.com/shows/key_art_ghost_hound.jpg" />

Lain is #5 on my favorite’s list between the whole Seikai Saga and Cowboy Bebop.I forgot how surreal it was from the very

beginning.

Tonight I start to re-watch Madlax.I know a lot of people perfer Noir,which I have 2 volumes of,but I like Madlax a bit better.

Especially that episode where she and Lt.Rimald have their sniper duel.

Anonymous
      Watching Darker Than Black Season One and then Two while I have free time this week, I’m getting myself well-versed on the subject material in preparation for the cosplay next year ^_^! Also watching Infinite Stratos dubbed and loving it!
      jgzinv
      I watched kare kano aka his and her circumstances…

I can’t recommend the anime, because it deviated from it’s core, and became so removed from the source material

even the author complained and they didn’t complete it…

So I’m just going to say go read the manga on this one.

Unless you per say really like the ride and subsequent ending to High Schoo Rumble… Kare Kano the anime is similar.

Anonymous
      It would seem I continue to add favorites to my collection that have tsundere romances xD. For whatever reason they give some great comedy and the looming romantic tension adds to the drama in these shows so I’m on my next iteration would be….

Toradora!

Toradora is a school romance/comedy show that follows an unlikely pair of people and their tale of how love can blossom between even the hardiest of personalities. I would recommend it if anyone has an interest in comedy, tsundere, or even romantic drama. It’s a classic show, certainly worthy of the time, even despite not having a dub available!

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad86/arichanz0rz/Anime/MinitokyoToradoraAnimeWallpapers_37.jpg" />

I have vol.1 of Kare Kano.At least the early episodes are worth the getting imo.

Tuesday I saw ep.2 of I”s,when I looked it up I found out that there was a different cast for I”s and I”s Pure.

Interesting enough both seiyuus who voiced Iori are also in Blassreiter.I believe the one that voices her in I”s Pure also

plays Amanda in Blassreiter.

Yesterday I saw ep.5 of Wedding Peach and thus the three Love Angels are finally all revealed.Salvia doesn’t show up

until season 2.And one of the girls in the crowd scene kinda looked like Ami from Sailor Moon.Then again the same people worked on both Wedding Peach and Sailor Moon so maybe it was an injoke.

Tonight ep.2 of Lain.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Currently during what little spare time I have, I’ve been watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The original Ghost in the Shell movie is phenomenal on all fronts, and seeing as how I’ve never seen the series, and Netflix has most of the anime spinoffs, I figured what better time to get back into it?

Also thought it’d be fun to bring it up here because I couldn’t help but notice Sherry Lynn as the troublesome Tachikoma robots in the English version. :mrgreen:

*I must admit I’m a tad unsure on this, but all other anime material other than the first film & Innocence (Stand Alone Complex and the oav) were written and directed by someone other than Mamoru Oshii, thus are not in the same canon correct? Either way, still enjoyable series thus far.

jgzinv
      Be wary there whoooo…..

Netflix has two different dubs of the SAC series… one is a smashed together 160 min OVA… it is terrible compared to the full thing.

You want the 2 – 26 episode seasons one with Kusanagi on the cover… not the blue and pink cover Laughing Man and Individual 11 OVAs.

Solid State Society picks up like 3 or 5 years after the end of 2nd Gig.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

Be wary there whoooo…..

Netflix has two different dubs of the SAC series… one is a smashed together 160 min OVA… it is terrible compared to the full thing.

You want the 2 – 26 episode seasons one with Kusanagi on the cover… not the blue and pink cover Laughing Man and Individual 11 OVAs.

Solid State Society picks up like 3 or 5 years after the end of 2nd Gig.

Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t watched the Laughing Man oav yet, perhaps I’ll just avoid it (the laughing man plot is already tiresome in the series imho, how they make a full oav out of it is beyond me).

I believe I’m watching the two 26 episode series of which you speak, so hopefully I’m on the right track.

*wow really? two different English dubs? Kinda like Ocean & Funi with DBZ?

I finished vol.1 of Wedding Peach again yesterday.tonight Lain ep.3.
      jgzinv
      @ Whoo yeah I had seen both series and the movies before… decided oh hey it’ son netflix why not get back into it?

Started watching and I was like… what the heck!…. Kusanagi’s VA is different (major fail there, pun intended)

the story is chopped up, squished… barely makes sense half the time. Some events are now looped as “backstory”

for other events that had no connection in the full series.

It really ought be named something totally separate, as it leaves much to be desired imo.

Anonymous
      I’ve been watching Black Blood Brothers and Trinity Blood on Netflix and have to say I actually like both of them thus far!
      As said earlier I just saw Armitage III: Dual Matrix yesterday.I also watched ep.8 ‘Missing Cat’ of Big O on Saturday and

ep.3 of Madlax on Friday.Episode 3 introduces Madlax’ main opponent for the rest of the series,Lt.Rimelda as played

by Hisakawa Aya.

Ok,so next Thursday I plan on re-watching the 2004 Appleseed movie.
      Started Slayers on Sunday by watching Slayers Gorgeous and next week start Slayers Try.
      Anonymous
      Watching this week when it comes in, Chaos;Head =D

Akawoa wrote:

Watching this week when it comes in, Chaos;Head =D

Innuendo much?

I finally got around to watching Maze ep.14 on Monday.I wish we had audio now knowing that female Maze is played

by ‘Sailor Moon’ herself. 😆

What I liked about the episode especially was the end when it was found that there were 2 relics and the second one

was actuallya statue of Mill in hyper spastic mode. 😆
      Tuesday I re-watched ep.3 of I”s Pure.

Thinking it over now I guess the reason why I”s Pure would get a Ma rating would be because of the Itchtaka

Delusional Diaries special bonus mini-episodes at the end of each regular episode as they do tend to be a bit more

risque then the episodes.

Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.8.

Th.:Appleseed (2004)

Fri.:Madlax ep.5.

Sat.:Tokyo Mew Mew ep.44,nearly to the end now.

Big O ep.10 and one of the reasons to watch anime,as this was a great noirish type episode featuring Major Dastun

as the main character for a change.

Sun.:Slayers Try ep.1,yep,our Lina thinks a lot of herself. 😆

Mon.:Maze ep.15,the hot springs episode.

I”s Pure ep.4 Vertige.Ah!Ichitaka finally admits he likes Iori to her face.
      ryokofan21
      Eager to start Romeo X Juliet.
      Fri.:Madlax ep.8

Sat.:Tokyo Mew Mew ep.46,finally!

Big O ep.13,finished the original season and now if the ending to season 2 had been like that…

Sun.:Slayers Try ep.4

Mon.:Maze ep.18

Tue.:ep.25 of Azumanga Daioh,the girls get ready for entrance exams and believe or notboth Tomo and Osaka pass and only Yomi fails to get her first choice.Yukari-sensei’s yelling at poor

Chiyo-san if she thinks she’s stupid after Osaka tells her she decided to be a teacher is funny.Especially considering Yukari-sensei’s personality. 😉

Wed.:ep.13,favorite line:”Yousuke,if you’re a man stop one!”Momoko trying to cheer Yousuke on after

a pro soccer star agrees to give the boy’s team some points.

Also Aquelda may not be making headway with her goal of getting the St.Something Four,but she certainly has the knack for scalping! 😆

Also on Wed.:Azumanga Web Daioh.The irony of it all isafter Osaka buries the time capsule a construction crew comes and bulldozes the tree where she buried the capsule down.

DarkRoxima
      I just finished watching “Now and Then, Here and There.” Such an amazing anime, it got me to shed tears. That first episode threw me off completely. It is such a dark, sad, mature anime. I recommend it to EVERYONE to watch it. It is also on Netflix. Funny thing is that the main character Shu looks like a young Tenchi.

DarkRoxima wrote:

I just finished watching “Now and Then, Here and There.” Such an amazing anime, it got me to shed tears. That first episode threw me off completely. It is such a dark, sad, mature anime. I recommend it to EVERYONE to watch it. It is also on Netflix. Funny thing is that the main character Shu looks like a young Tenchi.

It ran on Syfy’s Animonday block when that block was still around.

Re-watched Trigun ep.14 yesterday.I like the fact that Millie and Meryl are played in the Japanese by

Inuyasha’s Kagome and KOR’s Madoka respectively. :washu: :washu: :washu:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

It ran on Syfy’s Animonday block when that block was still around.

Re-watched Trigun ep.14 yesterday.I like the fact that Millie and Meryl are played in the Japanese by

Inuyasha’s Kagome and KOR’s Madoka respectively. :washu: :washu: :washu:

Funny you mention Trigun. I just picked up Badlands Rumble & although I’m sad to hear not all the English voice cast made it back, I’m still looking forward to seeing the characters of Trigun getting a bit of a modern makeover over ten years later.

Also currently [slowly] going through Stand Alone Complex with my roommates (amazingly, I’ve never actually finished this series, so thank you Netflix). It’s a great series in ever way imo (futuristic black ops, hot female cyborg lead, robots with Sasami’s voice? What’s not to like?) It’s also interesting to see not only good overall storyarcs, but in many individual episodes (it’s very episodic in nature, meaning not every episode directly advances a larger plot) it’s really fun to see the writers or director (whoever is responsible in each case) creating little homages and shoutouts to other films, such as an episode reminiscent of Ocean’s 11, and another undoubtedly paying tribute to Wender’s film Der Himmel über Berlin. (Goes to show great directors–or writers, or anything for that matter–don’t pull ideas from nowhere; we’re all influenced and inspired by things we experience, so it’s not only fun but also really shows class on the parts of filmmakers to not only acknowledge whom they were inspired by, but also to do so in ways that are unique and subtle, & ways that only other filmmakers/film enthusiasts would know (well, more so in the days before the internet that is lol)

GITS:SAC had one of the best dubs around.

Fri.:Madlax ep.13,halfway point now.I loved Satsuki Yukino’s comment in the notes that came with

vol.4 about how Eleonore wears her maid outfit practically all the time. 😆

Sat.:Tokyo Mew Mew ep.51,one more episode left now and then I’ll be changing gear to Live Action

You’re Under Arrest.

Sakura Wars ep.5,Ichiro’s first time as battlefield commander sucked to say the least.

Sun.:Slayer’s Try ep.9,and once more poor Filia is stuck in prison.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      My anime exposure is sorely lacking compared to most others here, but I am slowly trying to remedy that situation. Mainly, I am sticking with animes that I have a close connection with, such as tenchi related anime, and anime I remember from my toonami days. Currently I am watching the english subbed version of Sailor Moon and loving it! After that, I plan on watching Dual for the first time. On a related note, I am right in the middle of a massive Hayao Miyazaki kick, and am watching quite a few Studio Ghibli films.
      You should go to Anime Planet and look up Tenchi there.They provide a lot of recommendations for various series and OVAs and movies.You might find something there that might interest you under Tenchi.

Re-watched ep.18 of Wedding Peach on Wed.This is the one where Peach gets her upgrade(next week

Lily gets hers).On Th.ended what I have of Trigun with ep.16.Wolfwood has a couple of cameos in it.Sad ending with Millie and Meryl being recalled.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      T’was a nice delivery week for me…

One Piece Season 4, Part 1 :D

The World God only Knows Season 2 (the Haqua/Elsie dynamic plays out like a certain pair of galaxy police officers) 😆

Lupin the 3rd Series 1. 😎

ryokofan21
      Going through Evangelion again, i’m currently up to 2.0.
      Fri.:Madlax ep.15

Sat.:Mihoshi Special

Sakura Wars ep.7

Sun.:Slayers’ Try ep.11,and Jillias got The Sword of Light in the end by pure luck and Gourry being a total idiot of course.

I am now done with Maze as well as Tokyo Mew Mew and will entertain ideas of what to watch online next.

Yesterday I restarted Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl.Enjoyed the interview with Horie Yui before getting into

ep.1.I see that she played with her hair throughout,wonder if that’s a nervous habit?

As far as Kashimashi goes,I agree that it is very beautifually shot.Also it always amazes me that in ep.1

we never see boy Hasumu’s face.That was an interesting touch.

Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.19,and the Saint Something Blue is recovered.I like Momoko and Hinagiku’s response at the end when they find out what Yuri was up to during their ‘Test of Courage’.

😆

Their reaction was kinda like this: :fight: :fight: :fight:

Th.:Revolutionary Girl Utena ep.1,yeah I mentioned it before but:WOW!just WOW!

I finished vol.4 of Madlax on Friday and start vol.6 this week.Saturday saw ep.8 of Sakura Wars and now only have ep.9 of the tv series left(all I got).

Sunday finished the second disc of Slayers Try.Once again Xellos looks to be playing his own game.

Wed.:ep.21 of Wedding Peach.Great ending with the ghost of the sister actually appearing. 🙂

Th.:ep.3 of Utena.Even though she didn’t want to admit it,Utena did look great in that party dress.

Chuuchuu and Anthy playing cards was interesting as at first they make you think it’s Utena Anthy’s

playing against(until they do the long range shot).

Friday episode 22 of Madlax.Great final scene where Margaret thinks Madlax killed Vanessa.

SAturday ep.4 of Sakura Wars:Wedding Bells OVA.

Favorite lines: “The children of Japan are…”

“…idiots!” (Kohran and Orihime as they’re being chased by the local Red Lad fan club)

“I play Evil Henchman Number One and all my lines are simply ‘Kii’.”

“You do carry a grudge.”(Sumire and Kanna on why Sumire didn’t mention the

heavy metal machine’s weakness earlier.)

And the entire line of dialogue between Kohran and Orihime discussing the former’s cobbled

together emergency beacon,that the latter calls ‘Mr.Exploder’and Kohran sarcastically explains

it’s because it will explode and harmlessly cover them with soot after she presses the button(which

it does after the birdie flies away.)Doesn’t help matters that the material Kohran used was Orihime’s

father’s beloved gramophone(according to Orihime)! 😆

I finished vol.1 of Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl again yesterday.
      Thorn
      I just finished Gungrave recently. Currently, I’m watching Deadman Wonderland and High School of the Dead

Some stuff I’ve got in on the back burner:

Disgaea

Darker than Black

Gun X Sword

Blood +

Akira (I know, it’s an oldie, but I’ve never seen it.)

Are you watching the sub or the dub?The dub for Blood+ gets a bit creepy when you get to the place where

Diva and Saya are in the same scenes,especially since they share the same VA!

Friday:Madlax ep.25,speaking of creepy:Margaret telling the dead Eleonore to make pasta for dinner.

Madlax shooting Friday Monday in the mask= 😎 😎 😎 😎

Saturday:Dual ep.1,Again the whole scene at the Lingerie Shop was totally 😆

Sunday:Slayers Try ep.17,a Linaless episode for the most part(aside from the opening scene).

I think the whole fish people thing just didn’t work too well.(now if Lina had been in it she’d probably

be trying to EAT them!!! 😆 😆 )

Thorn
      I’m watching the dub. Netflix is a little wierd with anime; some things are dubbed and some things are only available with subtitles.
      Like I said the dub parts with Diva and Saya together are creepy when you realize she’s basically talking to herself.

Tuesday:Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl episode 7.The beach episode.In this we learn that:
      Yasuna can’t cook curry worth beans 😆

Favorite line:”Did she just fall from the sky?”Tomari(I think)on Jun Puu’s sudden appearance.

Thorn
      Well, I just finished Highschool of the Dead and now I’m focusing more on Blood +. Next in the queue after that is Darker than Black!
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Escaflowne the Movie. Was a fan of the series but haven’t seen it in a decade. Oh and Petshop of Horrors. All in one night @.@…

Thorn wrote:

Well, I just finished Highschool of the Dead and now I’m focusing more on Blood +. Next in the queue after that is Darker than Black!

Is HSotD any good? :|

I’ve been on the fence about getting and watching it.Not much of a zombie fan.

Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.25,I’ve been wondering if Takuro’s figuring out Momoko was Peach had to do with his contract with Igneous.Though Takuro’s a genius like Ami from Sailor Moon.

Th.:Utena ep.7,I thought that if anything Jury would be the one to end Utena’s winning streak.

It was really interesting then that it ended with Utena’s sword coming from nowhere and

slicing the rose off of Jury’s uniform.

Also I end Madlax tonight,very much fun.Still need to get El Cajor De La Bruja to be able to say I have

all 3 of the Girls With Guns Trilogy though.(I also need to get more of NOIR since I only have two volumes.)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Is HSotD any good? :|

I’ve been on the fence about getting and watching it.Not much of a zombie fan.

Well I personally loved the first 3-4 eps of it. It was pure, insane, nonstop zombie killing madness with a heaping helping of over the top fan-service on the side :Cheeks:

Unfortunately after about ep 5 it turned into a more teen drama centered slice of life story (albeit slice of post-apocalyptic life 😆 ) and without the mad, bloody violence, the fan-service just became annoying. If you like the drama/romance/fan-service genre then this is a decent anime, but if you’re like me and enjoy good old plain, uncomplicated, over the top action then stop after the first 3-4 eps.

Well I just wanted to know if I should add it to my anime horror collection.

Friday:I finished off Madlax for the second time with ep.26,and so this Friday I watch

Blood,The Last Vampire.

Saturday:Dual! ep.2 as I said on the Alternative Worlds Forum my fave line was MS’:

“There he is…Get him!” when the EDF finds Kazuki in the park. 😆

Sunday:Slayers Try ep.18 “The Right Person In The Right Place,Amelia In The Village

Of Justice!”

basically a parody of shows like Kamen Rider and Power Rangers,with Zelgadis getting the best

line at the end:”I guess the silliness ends with this episode.”thus breaking the Fourth Wall. 😉

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m currently watching Outlaw Star for the first time ever, and ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT! Thanks so much Dagon and co. for recommending it to me! Slowly my anime ignorance will be washed away and I shall take my place as an uber anime geek :D
      That is really great series.Are you watching it subbed or dubbed?

Tuesday I re-watched episode 8 of Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl.We are now getting to the point where

Asuta is competing with Namiko as to which is more delusional in their hopeless crushes:Namiko for

Sora or Asuta for Hasumu. 😆

Thorn
      ^^Indeed! Outlaw Star is a classic!
      Melfina is Lafiel! 😆

(Jinv I never get tired of saying that for people who are unaware they share the same seiyuu.)

Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.26,the turning point where it’s revealed there’s actually a fourth Love Angel.

Th.:Utena ep.8,the episode where Anthy and Utena swap personalities.

See kiddies how dangerous curry really CAN be! 😆 😆 😆

but what the heck is up with those elephants?

Thorn
      ^ O.o Really? How interesting! Anyway, I’ve just finished Gun X Sword and now it’s on to Darker than Black!
      WisperG
      I’m watching way too much stuff at once…

Just finished:

Heaven’s Lost Property ep.6

Tenchi Muyo GXP ep.16

Urusei Yatsura ep.54? (I think. I lost count, but I am on Vol.14)

I’m also watching Samurai 7, Casshern Sins, and Eureka 7 on Toonami.

And thats just TV/DVD/BD, I’m also watching the new HunterxHunter, Oda Nobuna, Bakemonogatari, Arcana Famiglia, Fate/Zero and Digimon Tamers on Crunchyroll.

I recently finished watching…

Berserk

Cowboy Bebop (and the Movie)

the old Fullmetal Alchemist (and the Shamballa movie and OVAs)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Wow lots of good ones! Way to support Toonami!!!

Even though I love FMAB, with movies such as Conqueror of Shamballa I’ve still kept interest in the original series.

Right now, I’m watching an anime I wish I had seen years ago: School Rumble. It is, hands down, one of the funniest shows (not just anime) I have ever experienced. Alot of familiar archetypes making up the schoolboy/schoolgirl shenanigans dynamic, but also alot of playful variation, and the conventional aspects (and non-conventional alike) are all executed and timed to a ‘T’, a formula resulting in a perfect blend of comedic gold.

Speaking of familiar characters…wow, it’s almost like High School of the Dead just plucked characters from Rumble and added zombies. 😆

(I love H.O.T.D. but come on, you know it’s true)

Thorn
      ^Really? Hmm, I’ll have to watch Rumble then. Speaking of funny anime, I watched Shin-Chan several years ago. It’s really random and crude in it’s humor, but it’s so hilarious!
      I’ve read about Heaven’s Lost Property at Anime.com.Is it any good?

Friday:Blood,the Last Vampire

Saturday:Dual!episode 3,love the ending with D petting Kazuki’s head like he’s her pet! 😆 😆 😆

Sunday:Slayers Try episode 19

WisperG
      Heaven’s Lost Property is definitely worth checking out.

I went into it assuming it would be just another mediocre ecchi rom-com. To my pleasant surprise, I was wrong. Its a very funny and very entertaining ecchi rom-com, with an interesting plot. Its not all fun and games though, it also had some surprisingly serious moments and several infrequent (but awesome, and well animated) fight scenes to offset the comedy. I give it an 8 out of 10.

If you’re still not convinced, check out this awesome fanmade Toonami intro for it. If that doesn’t make you want to watch this show I don’t know what will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4yo4UiGsmE

Ah that was fun!

Tuesday:Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl ep.9.The Summer Festival episode.

Wed.:Wedding Peach episode 27,ah!The girls were really trying hard to impress Yanigba with how good they were with kids at the nursery they volunteered to work at.And poor Momoko when she tries to imagine herself with Yanigba ends up with Yousuke! 😆

HINT!HINT!HINT!

Thursday:Utena episode 9,Was that little girl in the coffin in Saionji’s flashback story Utena?

Tonight XXXholic episode 1.

And Squiddy is finally coming!!!! I got the confirmation for Squid Girl on Wednesday from Rightstuf.

Friday:XXXHolic ep.1.It had me 😆 a lot.I liked Watunaki trying to help the girl.

I am now an official Yuko fanboy when it comes to XXXHolic. 😎

WisperG
      Just finished watching Slayers: The Motion Picture. I rather enjoyed it, now I gotta hunt down the other movies since thats the only one I actually owned.
      I’m nearly done with my one volume of xxxHolic so in two weeks restart Fushigi Yugi(have the first three

volumes of season 1 for that).I also have only the finale for Kashimashi and the Special to watch before

going on to Time Traveller and then Ikki-tousen.Also one more episode of Utena,The Student Council Saga

before I switch gears to Rosario+Vampire Season 1.Interesting enough that means at some point I will be

enjoying the voice talent of everyone’s favorite “17 year old” 😆 Inoue Kikou twice a week once I start

Ikki-tousen and Rosario+Vampire. 😎

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’ve been plowing through my list of “50 animes to watch before I die” so kindly provided by members of this forum! I’ve finished Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop (which are both AMAZING shows!) and I am now working my way through Trigun, which is also VERY good!
      Finishing up both Revolutionary Girl Utena:The Student Council Saga and volume 1 of xxxHOLIC this week.

Next week I start on Season 1 of Rosario x Vampire and Fushigi Yugi respectively(I only have the first

20 episodes of the latter though).

WisperG
      I started watching Star Blazers over the weekend. I’m on episode 6.

I also started watching Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats on Toonami.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

WisperG wrote:

I started watching Star Blazers over the weekend. I’m on episode 6.

boopplz WOOOOOOT! I’m so happy to hear that! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do, and feel free to post whatever you want about it over at the star blazers thread as I have been dying to have someone else to discuss it with :D

Anyway, I have officially finished watching the trifecta of space western animes: Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun. All three of them blew my mind in their own ways, and it is EXTREMELY hard for me to rank them. I am now moving on to Evangelion. Wish me luck, I hear it’s a bit depressing! :Cheeks:

It can be at times,especially when you get to the end.The ending is one big MindF*ck.

I officially finished Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl yesterday with episode 12 ‘Love Begins At Last’.

Next week is episode 13 which is the Special.Really it is basically just a epilogue.Then in another

two weeks will be watching the live action movie:TIME TRAVELER:THE GIRL WHO LEAPT THROUGH TIME. 😎

The Student Council Saga of Revolutionary Girl Utena is now done and next week I start Rosario x Vampire.

Utena is definitely a must see for anyone who is interested in Classic Anime.I loved the ending to this part when Anthy returns,she’s about to go into this Big Spiel about being the Rose Bride,etc.when Utena tells her she doesn’t.

Favorite characters:

1.Utena

2.Anthy

3.Wakaba(when she’s around)

4.Jury

5.Miki

6.Chuchu

7.Namimi(yeah,she’s obnoxious but fun to watch)

WisperG
      Watched Ep.1 of Tenchi Universe last night! I’m loving it :D

Also watched the first episode of Hellsing Ultimate. Freakin awesome, why have I not preordered those sets yet? 😯

I watched the first 4 episodes of Scrapped Princess as well. I liked it, but I’m still undecided if it held my interest enough for me to bother watching it all or not, I might get the 2nd disc off Netflix and see how things go from there.

And last but not least, afew episodes from DBZ season 3. Can’t remember exactly which episode numbers they were, but I saw most of the Piccolo vs. Frieza fight.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

WisperG wrote:

:washu: YAY!

I’m watching Azumanga Daioh & it is MOST excellent!

Guts1985
      I recently rewatched Trigun and i’m now halfway through FLCL. So far, my mind is blown.

WisperG wrote:

Also watched the first episode of Hellsing Ultimate. Freakin awesome, why have I not preordered those sets yet? 😯

I watched the first 4 episodes of Scrapped Princess as well. I liked it, but I’m still undecided if it held my interest enough for me to bother watching it all or not, I might get the 2nd disc off Netflix and see how things go from there.

And last but not least, afew episodes from DBZ season 3. Can’t remember exactly which episode numbers they were, but I saw most of the Piccolo vs. Frieza fight.

I only have vol.1 of Hellsing Ultimate but I do have to say it is worth it. :D

Thursday I started Rosario x Vampire,great fun! Especially if you don’t mind too much the ecchi and

fanservice moments.

Friday I re-started the 20 episodes of Fushigi Yugi I have.

Saturday re-started vol.3 of Dual! Finally halfway through and both MR and Ayuko get their official

intros. :D

Sunday:Slayers Try episode 24,only two episodes left now.

Saw Time Traveler,the live action sequel to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time yesterday.

Bittersweet,sad,melancholic,funny even goofy at times.

The plot has the daughter of the original Girl Who Leapt Through Time travel back to 1974(she was

supposed to go back to 1972).

There’s also a subplot about a bus crash that happens in 1974.

Wed. Wedding Peach ep.32.The part where Potamos and her minion Fusuma get repeated electric shocks from the love wave coming from the thread and Momoko,Yuri and Hinagiku hanging on to it was hilarious. 😆

Th. Rosario x Vampire ep.2 ‘Succubus And Vampire’ and Kurumu’s official intro’.

WisperG
      I hit episode 5 of Tenchi Universe yesterday! Kiyone’s finally here :D

Also started watching the old Hellsing series earlier this week. Made it to episode 8 so far. Its ok I guess, but I don’t like it as much as Ultimate, and the visuals are pretty crappy in comparison.

Friday:Fushigi Yugi episode 2.Ah!Miaka is such a little pig that when she should be looking for Tamahome

she gets distracted by a meal meant for Hotohori! 😆

Saturday:Dual!episode 9.This is the one where Zinv finally emerges(no,not OUR Zinv! 😆 ).

Sunday:Slayers Try ep.25.Only the finale left.

Thorn
      I’m currently watching Ah! My Goddess on Netflix (Nope, never seen it before). Then on Saturdays, I watch Casshern Sins and Eureka 7 on Toonami.

Something else I’m looking into watching that isn’t on Netflix is Shiki

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Thorn wrote:

Something else I’m looking into watching that isn’t on Netflix is Shiki

Are you married to NF? 😉

Thorn
      No, but given that it’s got 50+ anime titles, you bet you’re ass I’m gonna take advantage.
      Started Ikki-tousen yesterday. It had me really 😆 throughout.Yeah there was plenty of fanservice but really that didn’t matter.’Twas all about Hakufu and the fights. 😎
      WisperG
      I finished the old Hellsing TV series today. I enjoyed most of it, but the ending was…lackluster, to say the least.
      Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.33.It’s interesting to watch now with the news of the new Sailor Moon series and

Mitsuishi Kotono playing Potamos in Wedding Peach.This particuliar episode had Lily’s background before she was reincarnated as Yuri,and the big reveal of who Limone actually was.

Th.:Rosario x Vampire ep.3,So Moka is not only sexy she’s smart as well.I mean being #3 in the school.

I loved Kurumi’s complaint that it took them half way through the first part of the episode before she even got her appearance.Nice breaking of the

Fourth Wall! 😆

My one complaint is that except for Kurumi Inner Moka’s opponents have been lame so far.

I mean both the ogre from ep.1 and the Lizard Men from this episode were pretty stupid.

Nerevar
      Participant
      Rosario x Vampire wasnt bad I’m a fan Mizori (the Yukki-onna). I liked season 1 but season 2 kinda killed it.
      They haven’t gotten around to introducing her yet.So far it’s Moka(vampire),Kurumu(succubus)and

Yukari(witchling).

I re-started my one and only volume of Last Exile yesterday with ep.5 ‘Positional Play’.

To be honest I never understood the need to have a sequel,unless it featured Sophie or more of

Claus and Lavie.

Any way,the Silvana rising up from below the cave as Alex just stands there is one of the coolest moments of anime EVER! 😎 😎 😎 😎

WisperG
      I’ve been so busy these past few weeks I got behind on some of my anime watching.

I finally hit episode 18 of Star Blazers, and I had to suffer through that silly Bee Planet episode again to get there 🙄 . But thats ok, now I’m more than half-way done!

I finished the first Hellsing Ultimate set which contained the first 4 episodes, and they were AWESOME. Can’t wait to watch the next 4! :D

Also made it to episode 9 of Tenchi Universe. Nagi finally shows up in the next episode! :washu:

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow, leaving planet Beeland behind AND meeting Nagi! What an enjoyable coincidence you have there! :D

Yeah once you make it to the epic confrontation with General Lysis, the Star Blazers eps. will get exponentially more awesome!

Anyway, I’m STILL recovering from watching Evangelion! I will probably watch the EVA rebuild movies next to try and get back into the mood for watching anime. After that it will most likely be OVA 1&2 of El Hazard.

Yes,the entire ending for Eva is one big MindF*ck.I don’t know why but in the dub they give all that dialog in episode 26 to Misato whereas in the original it’s split between the different characters.

Episode 41 of Wedding Peach on Wednesday night.This is the first time that Yousuke transforms into his

Devil Warrior version.Evidently the tribe his father came from was a bunch of real badasses.

Episode 5 of Rosario x Vampire on Thursday night.The Swimming Club episode.And yeah,Tsukune deserved being bitch slapped by Inner Moka and the accompaning swearing at,after all his sole purpose of wanting

Moka to join the Swim Club with him was to see her in a bikini! 😆

Oh,and the real fun part of the episode was the singing contest between Yukari and Kurumu. 😎

Ah…only the Special left for Dual next week. :(

on the bright side I can watch again whenever so not totally sad news.Just the way I feel after finishing

off all my dvds.

Wed.:Wedding Peach ep.42,YURI’S LIPS

Th.Rosario x Vampire ep.6,NEWSPAPER CLUB AND A VAMPIRE

Fri.Fushigi Yugi ep.6,EVEN IF I DIE

Ballsmagee01
      i am about half way through gxp. ive never seen it till yesterday
      Wedding Peach episode 43.This is the one where Raindevilla tells her story.

Rosario x Vampire ep.7,finally Shirayuki arrives! 🙂

Also Nekomone-sensei gets more screen time! :D :D :D

Funny though the ending where Gin proves Shirayuki was innocent of the attack simply because he was

following his usual pervie hobby. 😆

WisperG
      I just finished the first Berserk movie. The CGI was mediocre, and it wasn’t very well paced. It just didn’t flow very smoothly. In that regard it kinda felt like the first episode of Hellsing Ultimate, basically just a clip show of important events from the manga.

Now, having said that, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. The 2D animation was fantastic, and as a Berserk fan it kept me entertained. I’ve heard the second film improves on both the CGI and pacing. Can’t wait to see that!

Ballsmagee01
      im planning to pick up the hellsing ultimate 😆 soon
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m currently finishing up the final season of Sailor Moon. It’s been a very long, but enjoyable show! After that, I plan on crossing a few anime’s of my list of “must watches” with Gurren Lagann, Akira, and maybe some Gundam.
      Chuck if you’re doing Gundam might as well start with the original.It has the same style as Yamato. :D

My own Gundam prejudices lie with Wing and Seed.I rather hated the second part of OO season 2,but there are some people who actually like OO,but that’s only me.And of course Gurren Lagann.Nobody who is a

anime fan these days should go without watching it.It’s a classic now.

For myself,since I been off the past month I’ve been holding to the following schedule:

Tuesdays:Ikki-tousen

Wednesdays:Wedding Peach

Thursdays:Rosario X Vampire

Fridays:Fushigi Yugi

Saturdays:Blassrieter

Sundays:UFO Princess Valkyrie

I so enjoyed both Ikki-tousen and Rosario X Vampire that I would love to get season 2 of both. 😎

Almael
      I’m eying Psycho Pass; Shin Sekai Yori and Mardock Scramble. I think I will add at least two of them to my collections.
      2 more episodes left for both Ikki-tousen and Wedding Peach,also finished up Rosario X Vampire and next

Thursday start another horror series with a cute vampire:Moonphase. 😎

Ok so Rosario X Vampire was more a harem comedy style horror series and Moonphase is more serious.Still

cute vampire girls. :D

Thinking about watching the Oh! my Goddess OAVs again for lols.
      Almael
      There’s a new Hakkenden show version. It looks like X but with all bishies and new age type of story. It’s for kiddies, hardly anything to do with the original folktale. Better watch the original movie version.

After a year of curious waiting AKB 48 (96) is finally out as an animation. It’s different from what I expected.

Instead of idol gals group & (detective) crime, it’s all spacy & …simply crime. Maybe it still does appeal you JGzinv. For entertainment Symphono Gear or (….magical music show=music mages??) was better.

Vividred Operation seems to be another Symphono Gear

Magic Kaito (aka Kaito Kid), imaging Conan & DN Angel.

It seems nothing good for a while.

Starting Moonphase tonight,another cute vampire girl. 😎
      Ballsmagee01
      has anyone here seen Shakugun no Shana? i was planning to pick it up and id like opinions before i do so. it seems good.
      Almael
      Well, it’s been a long time so I’m not remembering everything. To make it short boy gets killed and revived as servant to girl. Fight some other world being, go on some adventure, solve the problem and lived happily ever after. Nice art effects *at the time), thought.

I think Shikabane Hime & co is better, so perhaps the Shakugun no Shana novel is the better choice.

Ballsmagee01
      Ahh thank you. I’ll keep that in mind
      Watching the first OAV for Tenchi again.
      Finished Ikki-tousen yesterday.

The best line of the whole series came at the end when Master Choto was telling Goei about

Ukitsa and Hakufu and said:

“They’re both pretty stupid!” 😆

So here are my top five favorite female characters from Ikki-tousen:

1.Ryomou aka Mou-chan

2.Hakufu

3.Goei

4.Ukitsa

5.(tie)Ryofou and her girlfriend/henchman Chikyuu

And so next week on to Urusei Yatsura movie 1:ONLY YOU 😎

Almael
      Zetsuen no Tempest

At first it seems to be a magical show type but as it goes it became one of providence and mind games.

Well, actually, it’s more like misleading focused logic mind game eg. I know that he knows that I know etc.

While leaving the more logical/sensible discerned logic for later… It’s dragging quite a bit after the first episodes.

Taisho Baseball Girls…

Please kill me.

Monday I re-watched the Wedding Peach minisode:The Attack Angel Squad:Last Battle on the Bonus

DVD that came with ADV’s volume 6.After that re-watched the interview with the girls from Furil.

Tuesday rewatched Only You one of the best animated movies that deserves the word AWESOME

to describe it. 😎

WisperG
      I FINALLY finished Tenchi Universe this morning. Needless to say, it was fantastic! Out of all the Tenchi anime I’ve seen its definitely my favorite! I also watched Tenchi Muyo in Love afew weeks ago and loved it too. Next up is Forever/in Love 2 and then its on to Tokyo!

mitsuki lover wrote:

Tuesday rewatched Only You one of the best animated movies that deserves the word AWESOME

to describe it. 😎

Only You, as in the first Urusei Yatsura movie? If so, you deserve a cookie! Nay, 2 cookies! :D

Almael
      There’s a new Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito = Code Geass – Akito the Exiled.

This time it’s about the rest of the world and the elevens in those part of the world. Obviously, this plays around the same or before Code Geass Leluch… Duuno if it’s gonna be good. But it does feature a new mecha that transforms from 4 leg to a regular bipod like some robot from the Robo One competitions some years back (#9?). And it looks like Galaxy Angel’s Valkyrie. <3

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m_cCP1wn94[/BBvideo]

Just got my brother to sit through all of Magical Project S… he was not upset with it.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Makoto_Mizuhara wrote:

Just got my brother to sit through all of Magical Project S… he was not upset with it.

Who could be? 😉

Re-watched Urusei Yatsura OVA:Inaba The Dreammaker yesterday.

Love Lum and Shinobu as sexy bunny girls! 😆 😆 😆 😆

I think I really need more Lum.Since I already have Only You which of the other movies and OVAs are the best to get?

Besides Beautiful Dreamer?

Also does ANB or anyone else know why AnimeEigo lists Inaba The Dreammaker as OVA 1 if it’s the third

in order?

Almael
      Looks like you got the Lum fever. 😆

Now that i’ve come to ep 22 of Shin Sekai Yori I feel the need to make another summary and evaluation.

The show & story is better than I expected. The darkness beneath the paradise is actually more complex and extensive and more. It’s a unique complex world and not everything is what it seems. It’s a rare generation story going over many years with background stories from the very beginning of this world. It’s full of adventure, fear, terror and suspension, yet, the main heroine keeps her sanity and does her best when the need arise. Sometime I’m asking myself if she’s really a girl/woman. 😆 Thanks to the story’s writing and directing all is kept in order … and yet it’s eclipse other more graphic animes.

Perhaps I’m exaggerating, but imho it’s one of the best stories in years. In it’s own right comparable to the Sekai universe, although, different and not as big. I have already collected the novel and manga months ago, so I’m a bit fearing I’m spoiled when looking at them later, but I expect to see more details, though.

Thorn
      I’m currently at the beginning of Darker than Black: season 2. It’s cool in that the action sequences are nicely done, but the story can be a bit difficult to follow. Anyway, once I’m done with this, I’m going to look into Glass Fleet.
      Friday:Ended what I have of Fushigi Yugi with episode 20.

Saturday:Blassreiter episode 13.This gives Joseph’s backstory and includes his first meeting with Xargin.

Sunday:Something no-one here has ever heard of called Tenchi Moyu episode 1. 😆 😆 😆

Joking.

Almael
      Ok, it’s time to look for something new…I want some fantasy/scifi/tech/etc. but it seems I’m left with

romance:

Kimi no Iru Machi; humongous series but I will let myself be surprised

weird: Kotoura-san; seems interesting

random: Saya no Uta = Sya’s song; dunno, title sounds interesting 😆

Tuesday:Tenshi no Shippo/Angel Tales episode 4 ‘No I Don’t Want To Leave You Master!’

Introduces:Akane the Fox and Ayumi the Turtle.

Almael
      Found a show I saw a PV years ago but wasn’t available and got forgotten: Ao no Exorcist

After a quick view… it didn’t meet my expectations. It’s not bad, it’s just about better than average, perhaps. Certainly many people will like it. It’s about Satan’s son born and raised human as human and now opposes Satan.

Well, the world is similar to Negima(Harry Potter), while character wise it’s a combination of Flame of Rekka and Asu no Yoichi; story wise it’s close to Rekka.

Wed.:AA Meagami Sama/Ah!My Goddess ep.2

Th.:Tsukuyomi/Moonphase ep.8

Ballsmagee01
      well i picked up elfen lied and should be getting it soon in the mail. that series had a SUPERB storyline!! :D
      I’ve got volumes 3 and 4 of Elfen Lied and have seen volume 4 abuot twice now,so when I get around to viewing it again it will be the first time for volume 3.

Friday I re-started what I have of NOIR.I get a kick out of the fact that Mirielle in the original Japanese is played by Mistuisi Kotono who is better known as Usagi/Sailor moon on Sailor moon and Excel on Excel Saga.So it is a change of pace to hear her doing a rather more serious character who isn’t a ditz.

Saturday I saw episode 14 of Blassreiter and ended Joseph’s back story.Mei Fong and Joseph’s sister

Sasha show up at the end.ThoughSasha’s supposed to be dead

Sunday episode 2 of Tenchi.

Almael
      Ao no Exorcist

After watching the first 3 eps I have to say I like it, even though, it wasn’t that special. And it reminds me a lot of the “brothers” from the Devil Devil manga.

[referring to ML’s questions about Ah!My Buddha at KOTS]

I can’t say it’s a must see or have but it’s funny and maybe hilarious.

Imaging Tenchi as a lecherous monk living with all the female representative of each type. I guess it does have some SM. Anyway, despite of all the troubles his mokori power saves the day.

Since you have seen Urusei Yatsura and Inukami, it may not seem as something new, though, (with the difference of a harem).

The Legend of Heroes – Trails in The Sky

Movie. It wasn’t the one I was keeping a look out for.

Anyway, It’s so-so. Certainly well animated and drawn but storywise somewhat lacking. It could as well be a two or three episode of a longer show. It’s open ended.

I had a bit enough of new stuff and felt rewatching a bit of some old stuff. Actually, I was checking my media’s health:

Psychic Academy Aura Banshou

Gosh, back then I never realized how simple the animation was. The manga version is better. It’s about a boy whose power … have become noticed and is now forced to attend an Esper school. He is clueless about everything.

The setting is similar to the manga Mx0 and the anime Maken-ki. It just predates them. The story is short and leaves you felling left in the rain. Mx0 has a longer story but (nearly) all the same. Maken-ki is the ecchi version and worse storywise.

Escaflowne

After a decade i feel nostalgic to see it again. Despite all the tragedy the show is certainly way better than the movie. The movie being more like an alternative it can be safely skipped.

Friday ep.2 of NOIR,Kirika is dangerous even when her only weapon is a pair of glasses.

Saturday Blassreiter ep. 15,so basically Zwolf is the modern version of the Knights Templar.

Sunday Tenchi ep.3.

Almael
      Alright, I’ve set my eyes on Red Data Girl as the main show of interest for this summer.

It’s based on (currently) 6 novel books. Well, it’s a bit difficult to understand… It starts out similar to Blood-C (not Blood)(not a coincidence) with a girl with mysterious powers who lives a sheltered life in the deep countryside. Unknown to her nearly everyone around her are there to protect and shelter her. One day, in a fit of madness 😆, she decides to cut her hair. Unknown to her this cause her powers to run wild. Coincidentally, a childhood boy is brought in to “help” out….

And for entertainment I’m set on Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo, mostly because I like Usagi-chan and a swimming cat. o.0

Gundam Unicorn ep. 6

Well,… leaves things to be desired..

Some online friends of mine got me into Persona 4: The Animation… and it’s very much alright by me.
      El Gonzo
      Hmm . . . currently Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Space Brothers, Yamato 2199, Ano Natsu De Matteru, Eureka Seven AO, Jormungand, Suiki-tte Ii na yo, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Off and on.
      Yesterday re-watched Tenshi no Shippo episode 5.5 “Master and Our House”.

It was a fun filler in which the girls decide to decorate the apartment to make it not so boring looking.

Though in the endthey over ‘girlifie’ the bathroompoor Goro! 😆

I decided to watch the finale of Nuku Nuku tv on Monday to see if I could test my Japanese comrpehension.

I didn’t realize until I had set the language that it’s one of those titles where the subtitle pops up automatically.I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Tuesday was my regular re-watch of Love Hina with episode 9.

El Gonzo
      Hmm . . . currently Red Data Girl, Valvrave, Gargantia on the Verduous Planet, and Space Brothers. And I just rewatched Stellvia of the Universe for the umpteenth time.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m currently watching the brand new show Attack on Titan which is currently being released in Japan and simulcast on Crunchyroll and FUNi’s site. I am certainly enjoying it a lot, although perhaps not as much as all the people out there who are saying its the BEST ANIME EVER, lol! It’s a very dark show, filled with death and suffering and a sense of hopelessness. It sortof has the “the world is screwed” feeling of Evangelion, but without the long and complex buildup in the background. The weakest point for me are the characters, who laregly stick to predictable character tropes and personalities. Episode 5 ended on a massive cliffhanger, one of the best surprises I have seen in animesince…. well, not that long actually seeing as how I just recently watched Gurren Lagann, lol! Nevertheless, I am super excited to see how the show plays out from here.
      bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

I just watched my 100th anime title from my DVD collection on Friday night:

Ranma 1/2:Big Trouble In Nekonron China

:washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu:

Saturday I watched episode 23 of Blassreiter,and so now we are getting down to the finale.

Oh!And Elea,the cutest and sassiest AI since Chobits finally makes a long awaited return.

Sunday,re-watched episode 11 of OVA 2 of Techi.

Thorn
      Well, just recently I rediscovered the awesomeness that is The 08th MS Team. I’ve also developed a mild obsession with Hetalia. So hilarious!
      I got news that Kaleido Star Season 2 plus OVAs has been confirmed from Rightstuf.So I finally get to see

the complete (Mis)Adventures of Sora and Friends!!! bth_MIHOSHI212121 :washu: :washu: bth_MIHOSHI212121

In other news,I finished what I have of Love Hina again and will start Rozen Maiden next Tuesday.This is the complete set featuring both the original series and Traumend as well as the Overture OVAs. 😎

Re-starting Boogiepop Phantom tonight.
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      For me I started once again on 2 of my other big animes I like. Code Geass and Darker Than Black.

Just recently rewatched HOTD and I had forgotten how it well-written and well animated it is.

Code Geass is definitely my second favorite anime behind Tenchi, and I usually don’t pay much attention to newer ones, but sometimes there are exceptions.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Sunday I saw episode 3 of Tenchi Universe.The way that Yosho led Tenchi on about Sasami was 😆 .

Tuesday Rozen Maiden episode 3.Nori getting the(wrong)idea of what Hina-Ichigo wanted to eat right in the middle of class just adds to her over all lovable ditziness. bth_fukuu

On the other hand this is the episode that introduces The Big Bad(tm).

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      This season I’ve actually been keeping up with several shows as they’ve been airing o’er thar in Japan. Most will be wrapping up in the next week, so unless there’s some ridiculously-ginormous plot twist in the very last episode, I think I can give a quick review for a couple while I’m thinking about it:

What I like to call ‘Satan works at McDonald’s’ (a.k.a. The Devil is a Part-Timer) was one of the most eagerly-awaited new titles for me personally. Having never before read the manga, initially I found the concept and premise to be refreshingly original, but disappointingly less than halfway through, I found the plot growing rather stale, and many of the characters to be, frankly, uninteresting (but I love Ashiya. Spoiler alert, he is “best girl”). Can’t speak for the original work, but based on the anime, seems like they had a novel concept and rather than flesh it out to its appropriate depth, they lapsed into the “conventional anime” treatment/safe approach.

Yuyushiki certainly isn’t groundbreaking in concept or premise, but it never claims to be, instead being a fun, fairly-typical adaptation of ‘yuri-esque’ schoolgirls in a loli-saturated environment with a dash of moe for good measure. As someone who lists Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou as some of his personal favorite anime, I thoroughly enjoyed Yuyushiki as a mostly-innocent romp through an apparently all-girls’ Japanese high-school, as seen through the brightly-colored lenses of three exuberant, fun-loving (well, ok, maybe only two as far as “fun-loving” goes) girls enjoying what remains of the highlight of life that is childhood.

Sure hope that bupkis rumor going around about Yuzuko and Yukari isn’t true!

jgzinv
      Watched Ghost in the Shell Arise… I’d say I’m looking forward to OVA2/ep 2, it stayed true to the formula and seems to take a bit of an original twist on things.
      ryokofan21
      Finally getting around to War On Geminar. And I’ve got to say…I love it so far :D Even though it’s a spinoff, it feels just like Tenchi to me. :D
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

[ The Devil is a Part-Timer ]

I will miss my double Chi’s burgers fix after this week. :(

I am really enjoying Rozen Maiden.Unfortuanately the last two dolls introduced and identical sounding names beginning with ‘S’ that I can’t remember how to spell correctly. 😆

That said the one introduced in episode four had a rather traumatic way of getting introducedher case was thrown through the window of Jun’s room!
      It’s also interesting that Nori hasn’t freaked out by the fact that these are living and talking dolls

I think most people would think the situation a bit freaky at least.

That said,Jun’s response to Shinku refusing to do nothing about the broken glass says a lot about their

relationship:”She’s in a world of her own.”

Any way I end season 1 of Ah!My Goddess tonight with episode 18 and then on to episode 9 of season 2

next week and new territory for me. 😎

And so on to Peorth the French Goddess!!!! bth_Ryoko1

El Gonzo
      Thanks to the new season, I’m currently watching far more than usual: Ghost in the Shell Arise, Stella Women’s Academy C3, Hataraku Maou-sama (The Devil Is a Part Timer), Nekomonogatari Season 2 (White), and Valvrave and Gargantia (both finished but unwatched).
      Rozen Maiden episode 6 ends with a shocker as it appears that:Shinku’s Rosa Mystica was taken away from her and she reverts to being just an ordinary doll
      Thursday I watch episode 26 of Moonphase which I now understand is an omake that takes place outside of the normal storyline.After that I begin Squid Girl.I guess after 26 weeks of cute but angsty vampires a

nice comedy about cute and non-angsty Squid Girl is a good change of pace. :D

*Bump*

Only two episodes remaining for season 1 of Rozen Maiden.Suigintou has become my second favorite doll after Shinku.

I liked the expression on Jun’s face when he opened the door and saw the Suiseiseki,Souseiseki and Hina-ichigo in their pinafores. 😆

The Snow White play was interesting too with Jun’s reaction at having to kiss Shinku!

This Blue Exorcist is quite fun to watch…
      Two episodes left in Ah!My Goddess:Flight of Wings and then on to The Adventures of the Mini-Goddess.

Also only one episode left of Boogiepop Phantom and then on to Elfen Lied. 😎

heromech40
      bleach, naruto shippuden, sword art online, one piece and soul eater
      Escaflowne ep.12 on Saturday.Good use of the OP in the scene where Millerna finds her sister’s diary.

Tenchi Universe ep.11 and The Space And Time Adventures begin with the Heian Era.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor(at long last)

Also I have been watching more of Infinite Stratos thanks to Hero’s recommendation that I continue to watch. ^^

Also, I’ve been planning on watching S-cry-ed but I am not sure. If anyone has anything they can tell me about S-cry-ed before undertaking it, I am all ears.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Not anime but saw Act 5 of PGSM(aka Live Action Sailor Moon)on Monday night.Yeah,figures Ami would be the type to try to figure out how to be a friend through buying and reading a booklet called:”How To Be

A Friend”.Great reaction when she says hello to everyone and school and they do a double take.I think a bit

of foreshadowing in this episode of the Dark Mercury Arch that begins in episode 20. bth_ami

Episode 11 of Rozen Maiden Tuesday night.So only the finale of season 1 and on to Traumend in two weeks.

Intense.

So re-watched Sailor Moon SuperS episode 33 on Monday.And then Tuesday the finale of season 1 to

Rozen Maiden.Tonight finish Ah!My Goddess Flights of Fancy(what I have of it)with episode 24 and next week

The Adventures of the Mini-Goddess:The Belldandy Files. 😉 :D

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Yeah, I’m behind, but I’ve started AOT. Now, I’m not very far, so I can’t judge very fairly yet (plus, it’s not even finished yet if I’m correct), but thus far it’s quite good–neither ridiculously overrated nor terribly shallow as some of my hipster-ish anime-viewing colleagues would assert–the animation in particular being its strong point. I’ll have to keep viewing to see how their criticisms of pacing and overuse of recaps hold up.
      Episodes 13 & 14 of Adventures of the Mini-Goddess on Wednesday.And who’d thought of Urd being a babysitter?Belldandy,yes,but Urd? 😆

Then the goddesses try to help Gan-chan with his love life=fail for Urd again. 😆

Thursday episode 7 of Squid Girl.As I said at Kinofthestars forum,Nagisa has to be one of the most

paranoid characters in all of anime.

Monday episode 10 of Pretear re-watched raw.Kudos to Horie Yui for making Mikage/The Princess of Disaster

such a sympathetic character.And she only had 13 episodes in which to build the character.The other standout

characters I think would be Himeno,Mawata,Hayate and Sasami.Inoue Kikou also does an outstanding job as

Natuse,Himeno’s stepmother.

Also saw the interviews with Monica Rial and the actor that played Tanaka in the dub.Interesting to find out that the actor that played Tanaka actually started out as a doctor who worked on a project dealing with

chromosomes and the interviewer worked on the Human Genome Project! 😎

Tuesday episode 2 of Rozen Maiden:Traumend.What I liked about this episode was the way Suiseiseki

teased poor Hina-Ichigo into believing Shinku had turned into a vampire to explain why she was keeping

to her case all day long. 😆

That and Souiseiseki’s talk with Shinku were some of the best parts.Next week we get the second doll

as Kanaria appears.

Anonymous
      For the first time in probably 4 or 5 years, I’m actually juggling not only 3 shows, but 3 NEW shows

Arslan Senki 2015 (The Heroic Legend of Arslan)

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/12/72332l.jpg" />

Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront)

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/5/72687l.jpg" />

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders – Egypt hen (Battle for Egypt)

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/12/72337l.jpg" />

Waiting for part 2 of Sailor Moon to get here(I checked at the PO today and not in yet).

Next on Friday I send in my order for Humanity Has Declined.

AFAIG: re-watched the sub of episode 3 of Diebuster Monday and watched episode 16 of Magic Knight Rayearth on Tuesday.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Highschool DxD Born and a bit of El Hazard
      I’m still waiting for Sailor Moon part 2 and the Sailor Uranus tee to get here. This is almost taking as long as part 3 of Madoka to get here.

Finished Spice And Wolf Season 2. Great series. Need more Holo though.From the wiki it states that there are 17 volumes in the light novel series, so plenty of more source material if they wanted to do further.

Next week re-start what I have of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Is this a Zombie? both seasons
      SnowQueen
      Alrighty for those who are watching Punchline this season you will know it’s really throwing viewers through a loop and it’s just total unpredictable (which is great!) I had a few theories about it and some of them actually happened while others are still pending or were wrong at the moment but here are Snow’s Punchline theories! Please don’t read before if you want to watch this show because you will be spoiled and confused. lol

Theory 1- The guy with the black mask being Ito’s teacher. I saw elsewhere other people thought the same and it was right!

Theory 2- A few of us saw this coming but the masked hero being none other than the person currently in Yuta’s body.

Theory 3- The said person in Yuta’s body was the white hair kid from the lab along with Strange Juice.

Theory 4- Yuta is also from the same lab but not as the white hair kid though.

Well those were my theories for the time being but damn that ending I’m quite confused and surprised also another very interesting twist…

Yuta’s real gender…guess that’s why his/hers? voice sounded kinda girly.

EDIT-

I wonder if Yuta is actually a transgender. I actually hope so. We need more representative especially in anime for LGBT.

Dang Punchline is blowing my mind. And i was going to skip it at first… wth2

WisperG
      So, Punch Line Episode 6…

I don’t even know where to begin, but I’ll try not to make it too long.

So many questions were answered this episode.

It’s been pretty obvious that was Yuta’s body masquerading as Kenji this whole time, but we finally get confirmation along with another huge twist: It was actually future Yuta possessing the body the entire time. That was something that had briefly crossed my mind and I’d seen speculated by others around the internet, but I dismissed that awhile ago so it still came as a bit of a surprise.

Turns out Yuta’s body had the Nandala Gandala the entire time. It technically did exactly what it was supposed to do, i.e. gave (or as it turns out, hinted at) a way for him return him to his body, but certainly not in the way anyone expected.

So… a time loop. And Yuta’s apparently been repeating this cycle for quite some time. Uchikoshi’s signature mystery/twist-filled writing style has finally broken through all that fanservice. I was basically just waiting for this to happen from the beginning. I knew major twists were coming, but I certainly couldn’t have predicted most of the crazy reveals we got in this episode.

Ito’s teacher? He was Turtle Man. I feel like I should’ve seen that coming considering how much interest he’d previously shown in Ito’s personal life, but I totally didn’t, lol. He apparently was possessed by the Qmay leader’s spirit (which you can clearly see leaving his body upon his defeat). Even unposessed, he’s not such a nice guy after all…

Mikatan’s accent is finally explained in a nice scene showing how she was looked after by Meika while growing up.

Yuta’s rampage on Turtle Man while possessing Rabura was great, lol. No mystery or anything there, it was just a really awesome scene.

Oh, and Yuta’s a girl.

That certainly came out of nowhere. Unless it was a joke…

Has this secretly been a yuri series this ENTIRE TIME!? On the other hand, while Yuta obviously has feelings for Mika specifically, there was a hint previously that suggests he/she may not be a total lesbian. Think back to episode 1 when Yuta saw Ito’s panties for the first time. He had this blank, “eh… not interested” look, which at the time felt extremely out of place to me. Him being a girl, who may not actually be into girls in general (just Mika?), would easily explain that.

This potential gender reveal also clears up the fact that his nosebleeds are involuntary, whether he finds the panties arousing or not. Could this mean he’s also the dark-haired girl at the lab? It seemed like he was the one having the flashback to Pine (the white-haired kid) powering-up a few episodes ago, which was odd at the time, but makes sense in hindsight.

So, there’s my first impressions on the latest episode. Lot’s of answers, lot’s of new questions, and lots of stuff to think about and speculate on. I am so pumped for next week’s episode!

WisperG

SnowQueen wrote:

Yuta’s real gender…guess that’s why his/hers? voice sounded kinda girly.

Well, he is voiced by a woman. That was one of those things where I really didn’t think anything of it, because young boys in anime are voiced by women all the time.

This was probably another example of Uchikoshi playing with out heads and expectations again.

It was also something that was ever-so-slightly hinted at previously in the use of honorifics, but in such a way that it really only became a hint in hindsight.

Back in Episode 1 (I think?) Chiranosuke calls Yuta “Yuu-tan” once. -tan is a variation of -chan, most often used when referring to girls, but it’s not exactly uncommon to use them in reference to young boys, or in comedies even older boys/men (but usually just in a tongue-in-cheek fashion). So again, I, and most people, thought nothing of it at the time and had no reason to consider any deeper meaning to it.

SnowQueen
      Who called Yuta that? If it was a character besides Meika (she’s the only one who knew) then it was probably used for comedy sake or maybe like you said a possible hint

WisperG wrote:

Well, he is voiced by a woman. That was one of those things where I really didn’t think anything of it, because young boys in anime are voiced by women all the time.

Yeah that’s not extremely uncommon. I heard somewhere Yuta has the same voice as Armin from AoT. I’m not 100 percent sure on this though. blush1

Also…

The theory about Yuta being the other girl from the lab…I can totally get behind that. But I’m also going to stand behind my opinion and say Yuta is possibly a Transgender.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      so if Yuta is a girl or transgender then:

Did being transgender came from Yubafiction?

and if Yuta is girl and gets excited from girl underwear, does that make Yuta Yuri?

SnowQueen
      Hrm….no i dont think…I dont think it has anything to do with Yubafiction because its obvious now both genders are able to possess the ability also I think maybe Yuta started off as a girl and just maybe tried to change her identify for maybe personal reasons or as means to hide and protect her/himself. Who knows I’m just going off a whim pretty much.
      WisperG

SnowQueen wrote:

Who called Yuta that? If it was a character besides Meika (she’s the only one who knew) then it was probably used for comedy sake or maybe like you said a possible hint

It was the Chiranosuke, the cat. Guess I left a few words out of that sentence. I’ve edited the original post.

After thinking about it, and seeing someone mention some things on a forum elsewhere, I realized that there are even MORE hints in Chiranosuke calling him Yu-tan than I initially thought.

Female-skewed honorifics aside, the cat called him “Yu,” his real name. Obviously, we’re just supposed to assume it was a shorthand/nickname, to go along with his seemingly tongue-in-cheek use of -tan, but in hindsight it seems likely that the cat knows. The cat does seem to be omnipresent after all. For all we know, given how he would randomly disappear and reappear when needed, he may have been aiding both Yuta’s simultaneously.

Also, the lone word in the Nandala Gandala was “U-Turn.” Hmm, that sounds an awful lot like “Yu-tan” doesn’t it? Given this shows penchant for aural/pronunciation puns, I can’t see this as mere coincidence.

segaman4
      Kill la kill
      I re-started Utawarerumono on Tuesdays.

Wednesdays Kaleido Star:New Wings and can anyone explain why the difference between the

episode numbering between ADV and Funi?

Thursdays re-watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yesterday was the epic battle between Ryoko and Yuki. soawesome1

Fridays started finally the original Sailor Moon anime, right now part 2 seems to be stuck somewhere between Des Moines and Spokane. I might have to ask Rightstuf for a replacement if it doesn’t get here soon.

Saturdays Big O featuring our favorite sardonic android.

Sundays Princess Tutu though Princess Kraehe simply rules. iloveit1

WisperG
      So, Punch Line episode 7.

Basically Big Payoff Episode Part 2. Not quite as exciting as the previous one, but we still learn a number of important details here.

Turns out Yuta isn’t really transgender after all. All of the children from the lab swapped bodies. Yuta is really Pine (the boy) in the body of Chiyoko (the dark-haired girl). Chiyoko ended up in Mikatan’s (aka Guriko’s) body*. And perhaps most surprising, the real Guriko is in Pine’s body (i.e. the terrorist leader).

*Now that I think about it, this was actually subtly hinted at in the flashbacks, and was something I noticed but never put too much thought into. Mikatan does her eyelashes the same way Chiyoko did hers. Guriko’s look different.

So Yuta, technically being a guy trapped in a girls body, started dressing and acting like a guy (I also noticed that Chiyoko’s hair seemed to change from brown to bluish after the body swap, not sure if that means anything or if it was just the lighting). At least I don’t have to feel weird about shipping Yuta and Ito anymore, lol.

Also neat (and something I speculated on before, but haven’t mentioned here) was that all of the named-but-unseen characters would show up at some point. And indeed, we finally got to see Yuta’s sister (who DEFINTELY plays a bigger part in this whole thing than we were initially led to believe) as well as the guy from the lab mentioned by the children in the flashbacks (who’s name escapes me, but I know was mentioned previously). Off the top of my head, the last unseen character is Rabura’s little brother. I’m curious to see how/if he comes into play.

It’s not entirely clear what happened to everyone else after they drove into that river during the escape from the lab. Guriko in Pine’s body ends up… somewhere and eventually joins Qmay, while Chiyoko in Guriko’s body was still with the lab-guy driving the getaway van after this. As revealed in Episode 6, he supposedly dies protecting Guriko before Meika meets her and takes her in.

Last episode, after Yuta’s big reveal, I kinda wanted to see how Yuta would look in girls clothes. I didn’t expect that to happen so soon, and actually, I wasn’t really sure it would happen in-show at all. So imagine my amusement when it actually happened the very next episode.

Having said that, something about the scene with all the girls in the dresses and makeup was kinda weird though. Several characters hair colors were mismatched, which is presumably it’s their “real” hair colors, like Ito for instance, who obviously had brown hair that she dyed blonde. The ones that don’t make sense are blonde Rabura (who had dark hair in the flashback to her being posessed as a child, unless I’m not remembering right) and Meika having Rabura-like green hair when her hair was clearly always brown in every one of her flashbacks.

Wed.:Kaleido Star:New Wings episode 21,and we get to meet Donna Walker the original

Kaleido Star who inspired both Layla and Sora with her amazing Alice In Wonderland act.

Th.:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyapart 5, this is the one that introduces the concepts of Closed Spaces and the Giant Specters that are a reflection of Haruhi’s current feelings.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Starting Kyousougiga and then some other light anime that I can find

Kyousougiga is like Disney and anime hybrid child

SnowQueen
      Still continuing Love Live School Idol Project. If anyone wants once I’m finished I could do a basic review/ personal opinion about the series, quick character bio, and favorite character list ect. ^^
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going on a Trigun Marathon, English dub, then maybe Gurren Lagann
      Finished Season 1 of Princess Tutu with episode 13 and next Sunday on to Season 2 and episode 14.Also still awaiting part 2 of Sailor Moon.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      finished All of Trigun and movie, now starting Samurai Flamenco
      I’m not even going to comment on what that makes me think of,although a certain episode of

Red Dwarf does come to mind.

I was thinking yesterday as I was watching Utareruwamono that it would make a really

great series for Toonami to air.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Nisekoi season 2, Punchline, and DxD Born, Samurai Flamenco on Hulu or Crunchyroll load really slow so can’t really watch it
      Now into Season 2 of Princess Tutu this Season the subtitle is:Chapter of the Fledgling.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Blue Submarine No.6
      I’m going to watch the dub of Pretear tonight(at least one episode as usual).I don’t know I really love Horie Yui’s Mikage/Princess of Disaster so we shall see…

Also this week I start both Cardcaptor Sakura (Wednesday) and Humanity Has Declined

(Thursday).

I’m also waiting for Rightstuf to confirm my order for Cat’s Eye Season 1,though with all the

work they spent on their new website I wonder if mail in orders have gotten around to being

filled yet(I sent it in either the 8th or 9th of the month).

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Finish Rage of Bahamut, now watching Gurren Lagann
      Starting Cardcaptor Sakura today. All of Season 1 plus the first movie. iloveit1

Tommorrow:Humanity Has Declined.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Steam Detectives
      Tomoyo tonight on CCS. soawesome1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Re-watched Kyousougiga, now watching Line Barrels of Iron
      Humanity Has Declined is weirdly fun in a Alice In Wonderland kind of way.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Giant Robo
      Is this your first time watching it? You are going to have lots of fun and:Gin-Rei! soawesome1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Finished OVA dubbed of Giant Robo, now on Desert Punk
      Starting Rozen Maiden: Zuruukspluen tommorrow. So far this seems to be the final season of the series.It will be interesting to see how Shinku,Jun and the others have changed from the first

two seasons.It’ll also be interesting to see the difference between the two Juns.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Silent Mobius
      My favorite and the one that got me into anime.

Rozen Maiden:Zuruuckspulen on Saturdays now. soawesome1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Fate / Stay series
      Now down to the final four episodes of Princess Tutu. Am I crazy that I love Rue/Princess Kraehe

so much now?

SnowQueen

mitsuki lover wrote:

Am I crazy that I love Rue/Princess Kraehe

so much now?

Of course not! Or maybe I’m just crazy too. tuxedodouche Though when I watched it again I do prefer Duck/ Princess Tutu but Kraehe is still a very awesome (and tragic :( ) character.

Yes.And Sunday finally get into her backstory at long last.The entire series has been a lot better from what I expected.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I’m going on a Star Blazer month
      Happy Voyages! mmhmm1

Watching the dub of Blassreiter tonight and will record my thoughts on it on Wednesday.

(I am especially wanting to see just what Amanda’s dub voice sounds like since she’s soawesome1 )

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch bubblegum crisis
      The tv series or the OVAs?

Started on Cat’s Eye yesterday.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

The tv series or the OVAs?

The whole series: OVA’s, tv and specials

SnowQueen
      Symphogear GX finally! Also might start haikyuu/and or k-on!! And catch up on a couple other shows if i can.
      WisperG
      I won’t flood the thread with simulcast talk… yet, anyway.

But as for non-simulcasts, I’m watching Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. I saw a few episodes while it was airing but never did finish it. Wanted to catch up on some Lupin before the new series starts in the Fall season, so I’m doing this one since it’s rather short (and it’s spinoff movie, Jigen’s Gravestone), I’ll rewatch Cagliostro, and might do some other movies or specials I haven’t seen (leaning towards Secret of Mamo, not sure what else I should cherry-pick).

I started Dance in the Vampire Bund at the beginning of summer, put it down for a little while, but I’m gonna continue that soon-ish.

I’m not sure what possessed me to do so, but I decided to watch Tokyo Ghoul recently, and… it really wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Also a plus was that the melodrama was down-played quite a bit until nearly half-way through the first season, which made the beginning a fairly easy watch. That’s not really the case any longer, but at least it hooked me before that point. I like that the series does have a clear message and a point to everything, it’s not just “dark, grim and edgy” for it’s own sake (although there is a bit of that), which made it far more tolerable than other similarly dark shows, like Future Diary, which is completely unwatchable for me.

If Chiller’s short-lived anime block was good for anything, it was getting me to watch/rewatch all 4 shows they were airing. I’ve seen the first season of Is This a Zombie and a few eps of Devil May Cry before, but I don’t mind rewatching ITAZ and the TV broadcast was a great excuse to continue DMC.

I also ended up enjoying Black Blood Brothers much more than I thought I would. I never would have given it a shot if not for the TV broadcast.

Tokyo Majin also impressed me with it’s interesting supernatural story, distinct character designs and some slick action scenes. I want to continue it eventually, but unlike the other 3 Chiller shows, this one is 26 eps. I don’t really have the time to commit to a longer series at the moment, so it’s on the back-burner.

I’m still on the fence about both IS THIS A ZOMBIE? and DANCE IN THE VAMPIRE BUND.

Though I have to admit any show that features a loli Queen of the Vampires…

I got GIRLS UND PANZER OVAs in the mail yesterday and so will be watching that when I finish up

Season 3 of ROZEN MAIDEN.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I’m still on the fence about both IS THIS A ZOMBIE?

Is this a zombie? is ecchi and is sort of too ridiculous at times. But the first season has a complete story and the dancing parts are funny.

WisperG
      I really liked ITAZ. A very silly show (most of the time) and a very fun watch.
      I’m nearly done with Humanity Has Declined and so will be starting Utakata in another couple of weeks. I highly recommend HHD if you want something different and a bit odd.

The water color style art work is really enjoyable.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch Wizard Barristers
      I have my annual doctor check up tommorrow and so to ease the pain tonight: Black Lagoon. I needs me some more Balalaika and Revy to ease my pain about tommorrow.
      susano
      I have been watching Durarara2 and the some episodes of the three To Love Ru series. To Love-Ru continues to be a tricky anime series to judge. It rivals the Tenchi Muyo series.

I do have found more interesting series from some sources esp from Youtube.

Just one more episode left in Humanity Has Declined after this week and then on to

Utakata,I see where the latter is rated MA for Mature Audience,which is a bit unusual

for something that’s in the Magic Girl genre.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch Armitage III series
      I’ve got the second movie. Really enjoyable hard core Sci Fi with an interesting twist.

Sent in my order for Aria The Animation Season 1 as I said before.

Tonight the dub of Chobits. Michelle Ruff as Chii so should be fun.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Gunsmith Cats
      I have the first volume of the Revised Manga by Dark Horse. I think it’s the first two volumes of the manga combined.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Battle Angel Alita
      The Inkvasion occurs on Monday!
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Durarara!! x2 part 2
      Squid Girl tonight.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Plastic Memories
      Utakata started Thursday. iloveit1 iloveit1
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch Zankyou no terror
      El Hazard:The Alternative World dub tonight…I know I keep watching all these little known

anime that no-one here has ever heard about! 😆 😆 😆

Shayla-Shayla! soawesome1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to try the Love Live series
      Starting part 2 of Season 1 of Sailor Moon tonight. Next week everyone’s favorite tomboy,

aka Makoto/Sailor Jupiter! soawesome1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch AKB0048
      The Spice And Wolf dub tonight.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch AKB0048 Next Stage
      Sakura Wars:The Movie tonight. Love it when Lacette meets Sakura for the first time and all poor Sakura can say in English is: “Hello,my name is Sakura.” 😆
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Picked up a copy of Hinata 4: The Win at Walmart. ;)
      Please Teacher ! arrived in the mail yesterday.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Going to watch the Monogatari series
      Monday the dub of Blood-C: The Last Dark since it’s the week of Halloween I decided to pick something in the horror genre.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      I’m watching RWBY vol 3 when it becomes public
      Yeah, I saw where volume 3 was coming out.

Getting ready for some Saya butt kicking action for tonight.

Almael
      Mobile Suit Gundam-Thunderbolt

The most awaited Gundam show of the year has already started!

The fires of WAR are lit!!! A new dance of zeek scums and feddie bastards! *all kinds of feddie and zeeks slurs over the radio*

Side 4 “Moore” colony, Thunderbolt sector, the feds have balls trying to attack a group of entrenched ace snipers with regular GMs : 24 sorties 2 survivors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Almael/Gundam/Mobile_Suit_Gundam-Thunderbolt/th_MS_Gundam-Thunderbolt01-085n.png" />http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Almael/Gundam/Mobile_Suit_Gundam-Thunderbolt/th_MS_Gundam-Thunderbolt01-078c.png" />

FA-78 Full Armor Gundam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Almael/Gundam/Mobile_Suit_Gundam-Thunderbolt/th_MS_Gundam-Thunderbolt01-028c.png" />

MS-09R Rick Dom with sniper beam cannon emplacement

Based on the novel the show is more mature. People are shown with prosthetic, lots of kissing et. All technological designs are updated…far more than should be. Oh well.

• Io Fleming (typo?) vs Daryl Lorenz

• Moore brotherhood
    Nobuyuki
    Participant

Quote:

lots of kissing

eww. sadface1

WisperG

Almael wrote:

Based on the novel the show is more mature. People are shown with prosthetic, lots of kissing et.

I’m not sure I’d consider one “real” kissing scene and a brief smooch between background characters to be “lots of kissing.”

Anyways, I watched it a few weeks ago. Holy crap, so cool. Had much more of a harder edge to it than I usually expect from a Gundam series. I’m also so glad the bulk of the animation is in 2D, as opposed to large quantity of CGI Origins uses (which didn’t look bad, but clashed with the 2D animation IMO). The rather limited animation in certain scenes was well-masked by the grittier, stylized art style and lots of details and shading, on the mobile suits in particular.

The 2-month wait between episodes is gonna be killer though. At least it’s going to be a short series with a (hopefully) consistent schedule. If they’d given it the lavish Unicorn/Origins treatment, we’d be waiting years to see the conclusion.

Almael
    Perhaps you should improve your observation. There are at least two kissing scenes. One each in the first minutes and last minutes.

Well, 3D anime rendering has improved a lot in the past years compared to the last decade. It’s gets more difficult to differentiate or notice.

Ending what I have of xxxHOLIC tonight and next week I will begin Magic Witch Puni-chan, also on Sunday start Umi Monogatari.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Going to watch Assassination Classroom
    Started Umi Monogatari yesterday and so far Marin is on track to becoming my favorite

character.

Also starting Magical Witch Puni-chan on Wednesday. As someone who enjoys the warped

humor of Excel Saga I’m looking forward to it.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    watching assassination classroom season 2
    Armitage III: Dual Matrix on Monday and starting Magical Witch Puni-chan tonight.
    Well…umm…Magical Witch Puni-chan is on its own level of total weirdness but fun as well.

Yeah watching veggies commit suicide by jumping into a boiling pot of water is something you

don’t see every day! woooo1

Momo ,Girl God of Death tonight.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Just watched OVA’s Dragon Century 1988

and now watching Lodoss OVA’s

WisperG
    Simulcasts aside, I’m watching Gundam Unicorn and finally finishing Fujiko Mine. I’ll be watching One Piece, Shippuden, DBZ and Urusei Yatsura until the end of time.

Also did the first Shippuden movie and the third Berserk movie last week.

After Unicorn I’ll probably start Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory over from the beginning (I started it awhile back but never finished).

segaman4
    digimon adventure and digmon tamers
    Only two episodes left for Aria:The Animation the extras are a must watch, especially the interviews and the “I’m Sorry Venice” (watch the latter to get a look at the real Venice.

it’s pretty educational as well as fun).

Almael
    Ara ara, yet another Earthling who falls under Lums feet. 😆

Phantasy Star Online 2 the animation ep1-2

PSO2 is a high level game with a greater scope than previous online-game-animes but the way they turn it to be: near future ordinary high school show + gaming. Meh!

It’s full 3D CGI for the game part. What a waste of the brand.

SnowQueen
    I know most of these I can’t get to right now (either because the interest isn’t really there but mainly because I’m very restricted on what I can watch right now ;A;) but I figured I would make a list (so I wouldn’t forget about em) and also get input on what I could possibly watch right.

EDIT~

What I want to watch for sure-

Musaigen no Phantom World

Dagashi Kashi

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo

What I’m on the fence on-

ADDED- Dimension W (the opening is just so fricken awesome!)

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Luck and Logic

Date A Live Movie: Mayuri Judgment (and the series as well)

What I have a slight interest in but will probably not watch (unless recommended)-

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu Kara

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Rainbow Days

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

Oshiete! Galko-chan

Oji-san to Marshmallow

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    This season:

1) Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū

2) Tabi Machi Late Show

3) Dagashi Kashi

4) Oji-san & Marshmallow

5) Pandora in the Crimson Shell

6) Lupin III Part 4

7) Galko-Chan

8) Komugi R

I think that Showa Genroku Rakugao Shinjuu is supposed to be one of the hotter shows of the season.

Tonight some more Rushuna with the dub of Grenadier.

Almael
    Dunno looks like another show about the “patriots” or their enemies.

Apropos “Pandora in the Crimson Shell”/”Koukaku no Pandora”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Almael/Screenshots/th_Koukaku_no_Pandora01-099.png" />

Could this be read as LiSign Girl Skj??? 😉 😈

It fits the Techno Girl theme.

WisperG

Almael wrote:

Dunno looks like another show about the “patriots” or their enemies.

What do you mean by that?

If you’re talking about Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, its about a man who became interested in rakugo storytelling while in prison and started doing it professionally after he is released.

It’s one of those rare anime that’s clearly targeted at an older audience with specific interests. It’s really good, though it certainly isn’t going to be everyone’s cup of tea. It’ll either fascinate you or bore you.

I only have the final episode of Aria:The Animation left and then going in an entirely different

direction with another re-watch of everyone’s favorite insane henchgirl:Excel Saga!

I also have only the last 2 mini-episodes of Magical Witch Puni-chan next week and after that

what I have of Kiddy Grade. Yeah, need to feed my Eclair and Lumiere addiction there. soawesome1

Almael

WisperG wrote:

What do you mean by that?

Oops, mixed up while checking it out among others, e.g. “Hakuoki Reimeiroku”.

Cat’s Eye subbed tonight.
    Got confirmation yesterday from Rightstuf for GITS: Arise part 1 and Ikki-tousen-Dragon Destiny DVD 2. I wish they had the complete season for Dragon Destiny but you have to go with what you can find. OTOH: more Ryomou means more: soawesome1 iloveit1 !
    Haibane Renmei dub tonight, the second time I will have watched an episode dubbed.

Also finally got GITS:Arise Part 1 and Ikki-tousen:Dragon Destiny vol.2 in the mail today.

Hayate, The Combat Butler dubbed on Monday. Tonight the next to last episode of

Sailor Moon meaning all but Usagi die! :(

WisperG
    I didn’t think Hayate had a dub. All of Bandai and Sentai’s DVDs have been sub-only. Unless you don’t mean an English one?
    Nobuyuki
    Participant

WisperG wrote:

I didn’t think Hayate had a dub.

Animax.

Yeah, I think there was one if not…anyways still have to set up the DVD player downstairs today.

Next Monday if all goes well I will be sending in my order for Brynhildr in the Darkness.

Also because the basement has more shelf space I can now add a bit more to my DVD collection, both

anime and live action.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Going to watch Mirai Nikki
    SC-AJ
    I need to watch more animes, been reading tons of manga, but since the wifi connection isn’t the best I haven’t had much of a chance to watch any
    Bleach tonight. Sent in my order for Brynhildr in the Darkness.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    have to change to Durarara, more of eps of x2 is airing
    Starting Please Twins tonight.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    going to start Mirai Nikki because Drrr x2 is wrapping up
    Almael
    You might want to look up at the live action from like 6+- years ago, too.
    Boogiepop Phantom dubbed tonight. Ah…long time no Boogiepop.
    Starting what I have of NOIR tonight. Kind of weird as I think Mirielle is actually played by

Mitsusishi Kotono and so is one of her more serious roles. I say weird since I’ve also been watching

Excel Saga on Tuesdays.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Watching Erased
    Change of pace for tonight as I plan on watching a bunch of cute fairies doing cute things in

Bottle Fairy subbed.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
    Starting watching what I have of Stellvia yesterday. Decided since I have already seen it a couple times in Japanese that this time around I do a change of pace and rewatch the dub.

Also tonight watching the sub of Dirty Pair. soawesome1

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Going to watch Gonna Be the Twin-Tail
    Re-started GITS:SAC or what I have of it yesterday night.

Monday’s a No Anime Night with Star Trek:Voyager.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    finished twin tail, now on Monogatari series that I didn’t finish
    Nothing tonight going to be watching Voyager.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    just finished Panty & Stocking, now I am for sure going to finish Monogatari
    Angelic Layer tonight. Last week’s episode introduced the Idol Deus and tonight’e episode features Misaki’s battle with her. Should be fun as she came across as really fun in her intro last week.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    I am going to watch Luluco since it seems short
    Zombie Thread Rises From The Grave:

Been awhile so I will have to check to see all that I watched since the last time I was on here.

Well since my unexpected extended sabbatical from here I have watched all or parts of the following:

Stellvia

Urusei Yatsura ova: Inubaka:The Dream Maker

Cutie Honey: The Live Action Movie

Brynhyldr in the Darkness

NOIR

GITS:SAC

GITS:SAC 2nd GIG

Please Twins

Angelic Layer

Utawarerumono OVA

Case Closed

Magic Users Club OVA

Devil Lady

Trinity Blood

Mardock Scramble

Ikki-tousen: Dragon Destiny

Maetel Legend

RWBY

Moribito

Angel Tales

Blassreiter

X

Puella MAgi Madoka Magica

I’m not counting the ones I watched on Mondays though, also note some of the earlier ones I was already watching when I took my one week break from the internet and anime.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Drifters anime finally came out, so far 2 eps , which are awesome
    Tonight Yukikaze also this week I start what I have of You’re Under Arrest, which was one of those titles I have wanted to watch for a long while ever since I got into anime.
    Wizard’s Barrister came today.

Tonight watching Di Gi Charat Nyo!

• Viewing 368 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.