What Are You Watching?

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat What Are You Watching?

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    A refresher of the topic I created not too long ago, sort of. Basically, discuss the non-anime shows you have been watching (without spamming. Keep it in topic and don’t make multiple posts. If you are the last poster in this topic, please wait until someone else posts).

Right then, as I will discuss further in another new topic I’m creating today, I have been watching Doctor Who. I have watched the entire new series, up until last night’s episode (5/11/13).

After this I plan on watching some classic Doctor Who, some Buffy and then some anime.

What are the rest of you watching?

~Mitts
Viewing 113 reply threads
  • Replies
      Thorn
      I’m not r really watching much of anything, at the moment; just big bang theory and CSI. ThoughI do enjoy most things that air on CBS.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I’m trying to watch Game of Thrones as much as I can before I lose my HBO when I move back home for the summer. Aside from the graphic violence and gratuitous sex it’s a pretty entertaining show!
      Looking forward to the return of Royal Pains and the final season of Burn Notice on USA. 😎
      Thorn
      ^ I still haven’t recovered from In Plain Sight ending.
      I don’t know what I will do when Burn Notice ends.That and next season is supposed to be the final one for

Warehouse 13.I hear it’s supposed to only have 6 episodes.I so want to see them end it with Pete and

Mika getting together at last as a couple.

Thorn
      Well, it’s summer hiatus now. That means for me that there’s not much to watch except for new episodes of Hot in Cleveland and Futurama along with whatever’s on Netflix
      Defiance is turning out to be fun,what with all the conspiracies and back stabbing going on.I read where it has been renewed for season 2.So far Nolan and his adopted alien daughter/side-kick Marisa are my favorite

characters on the show.I also like the mayor of Defiance who used to be Angelus/Angel’s ‘sire’ and mother of his son in a former life on Buffy and Angel. :D

Anyone going to watch Under The Dome?

Also anyone ever watched Continuum?

Thorn
      ^ I watched Under the Dome and liked it quite a bit. I’m interested to see how the show plays out.

especially the story with that crazy guy.

Looking forward to Sunday as Metv’s marathon theme from 3-7 is All-American Girls and one of the shows they’re going to air is Laverne & Shirleyhopefully the Milwaukee years since nobody really likes the

Los Angeles seasons.

As stated I watched both episodes of Laverne & Shirley on Metv yesterday.The first was the one where

Shirley tries to teach Laverne to drive using a record,a banana,and canned food.

The second was the flashback to the girls’ moving into their apartment.

favorite lines:

Shirley(yelling out window):”LAVERNE DEFAZIO IS SCARRED OF DRIVING!”

Laverne(yelling out window):”SHIRLEY FEENEY’S MIDDLE NAME IS WILHELMINA!”

Shirley(yells out window again):”LAVERNE DEFAZIO WENT TO THE JUNIOR PROM WITH HER COUSIN VITTO!”

Laverne(yelling out window again):”SHIRELY FEENEY STUFFS SOCKS UP HER BRA!”

later:

Shirley(scolding Laverne on making a mistake):”You never mix your corn and beans together.”

Laverne:”Yeah…then you get succotash!” 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

After which I watched Columbo.This was an interesting case has the murderer and victim were both members of a high IQ Society and the murderer eventually tripped himself off by showing Columbo how a

dictionary could have fallen down.

Both Defiance and Warehouse 13 had really epic season finales.For Warehouse 13 the rumor is that the final season will only consist of 6 episodes.Looks like it might center around Claudia becoming the new Warehouse

Guardian.Any way nice cliffhanger to end the season with Claudia going up against Paracelsus.

On Defiance it looks like it’s going to be the town versus the Earth Alliance next season.Though I wonder if at least the first part of season 2 will be Nolan trying to find Marissa after the events of the season 1

finale.

Thorn
      I’m currently keeping up with Under the Dome, Hot in Cleveland, and Futurama. Also, I’ve been marathoning the Disney movies added to Netflix recently. :Cheeks:
      Started watching this season of Who Do You Think You Are? on TLC,also more Royal Pains and Burn Notice.
      Thorn
      Crap! That started already?
      Really good episode on Burn Notice yesterday.Michael finally gets to meet the man in charge that he’s supposed to take down.
      Thorn
      I got hooked on Saving Grace yesterday. Sadly, I happened to see the series finale first so I already know the main character dies in the end.
      Bummer! 😥

Watched 3 hours of the coolest detective series of all time yesterday:The Mod Squad.Kicked myself for not watching the first episode they showed though because it had Sammy Davis,Jr. on but the second one was

one of my favorites since it featured the great Vincent Price. 😎

Next week a whole afternoon of Dobie Gillis! 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎

One of the true comedy classics.

I’ve been marathoning Blue Exorcist to prep myself for the movie debuting near me on the 17th.
      😥

Only four episodes left until Burn Notice series finale.

Now only three episodes left.It’s going to be interesting to see if Michael completes his mission of taking

James down or if he winds up getting seduced into joining him and betraying the CIA(which btw treated

him and his family and friends like dirt).Sonja looks like a great replacement for Fi,they’re both equally

psycho.

The Big Finale(tm)for Burn Notice is coming.Everything looks like Michael might be going in a certain direction after last week’s episode.

This season has been epic.

Oh and Simon the psychopath returns.

Which explains why Michael takes the action he does.

Only one episode left of Burn Notice.This last episode pretty much set up the series finale to be epic.

All I know is someone got shot at the end but like the end of Blakes7 the screen went blank before

it’s revealed who was shot.

This episode also had a really good underwater fight scene between Sam and Mike.During which in the

voiceover Mike explains how best to fight a Navy Seal or former Navy Seal in the water.

John Pyper-Ferguson continues play play one of the best badass villians on tv.It’s too bad that James wasn’t

introduced until so late in the show.I wonder what he might have done if he had been given more time.

kazuki
      Participant
      Watched Star Trek: Into Darkness

I think it’s a great trek movie, some similarities to the Wrath of Khan. It is fast paced action packed adventure normally you did not see in previous Star Trek Films. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto really plays well with Capt. Kirk and Mr. Spock and Leonard Nimoy is an added bonus!

Wanted:Dead Or Alive on Saturday.And this is why Steve McQueen is still the King of Cool! 😎

In the episode I watched he has to take a fugitive into a town for murder,but it turns out the town is run by

a corrupt sheriff.Randall(McQueen)with the help of the local priest takes the sheriff down.

The kicker at the end wasthe fugitive may actually have committed a murder in another town so he was still not off the hot seat.

Ok,now I’m really confused.Earlier,I think I mentioned there was an episode of Emergency! where they

talk about Adam 12 as though it were an fictional tv show and Malloy and Reed were

fictional tv characters ,but on Monday’s episode of Adam 12 Reed and Malloy take an asthmatic

boy and his mom to Rampart General where they’re met by Nurse McCall and Dr.Brackett is the doctor who

works on the boy.Also cameos of Dr.Early and Firemen/Paramedics John Gage and Roy Desoto.

Johnny having shorter hair this was either a test run for Emergency! or else early on in the run,some time during the First Season.

So if Reed and Malloy take the kid to Rampart how can they possibly be fictional characters in the regular

scheme of things on Emergency!?

Btw:If Emergency! is in the same universe as Adam 12 than it is in the same universe as

Dragnet since all three were either created,co-created or co-executive produced by Jack Webb and

thus make up part of the Jack Webb Universe.

But still= bth_Kiyo2342-1 bth_Kiyo2342-1 bth_Kiyo2342-1 bth_Kiyo2342-1

Burn Notice is now officially over.

Coolest Death Scene:Maddie smoking one last cig. just before James’ men in come in and she pushes the button to blow them all up.

One Last Badass Moment:Mike and Fi escaping the factory, after James pushes the Deadman’s Switch and blows up the building,by jumping out a window that Mike shoots out and jumping into the

river.

Best Line Of Dialogue:

Michael(about his nephew Charlie):”What should I tell him when he gets older?”

Fiona:”The truth.”

Michael:”Where should I start?”

Fiona:”At the beginning,’My name is Michael Weston…I used to be a spy..'” 😎

Yeah,knew that line had to end everything.

So anyone going to watch the premiere of Sleepy Hollow tonight on FOX?

I’m between and betwixt as to wheter or not to watch it or skip it and watch Hogan’s Heroes and

F Troop instead on Metv.

luthercross
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

So anyone going to watch the premiere of Sleepy Hollow tonight on FOX?

I’m between and betwixt as to wheter or not to watch it or skip it and watch Hogan’s Heroes and

F Troop instead on Metv.

yeah I watched it, I don’t know how I feel about it. sleepy hollow is my favorite story ever to be put on paper. But this show is doing something I don’t know if I am okay with.

I decided not to watch it.I’m still wondering when Psych is coming back on.

So far the only two new shows I seem to be hyped up about are Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and

Once Upon A Time:In Wonderland both ABC.Though since Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is up against NCIS

I wonder how long it will last at its current time slot. icon_gendo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.was fun. icon_smashed ryoko

I rather enjoyed the pilot.Looks like it might be able to give NCISa good run for its money.

I like the fact that they seem to be focusing on the non-superhero,non-mutant characters.Col.Fury and the

Helicarrier are both only mentioned in passing,the main guy is a special S.H.E.I.L.D. agent named Colson

who’s in charge of everything.He seems to be a bit machiavellian kinda like icon_gendo .

Though there seems to be things that even he is unaware of.

For the techies out there this show seems to have it all from holograms to flying cars!

But I think what makes it a keeper is that it keeps to the human level when it comes down to it,it still is the basic spy stuff.

There’s also an underlying plot line featuring an as yet unknown enemy agency.Perhaps alien?Perhaps foreign?

This could be the biggest hit of the season if they can keep at it the way they did with the pilot.At least it could be the best Marvel based series since Mutant X.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I agree entirely ML! I very much enjoyed the pilot, and I am looking forward to seeing how this show develops! Of course, this being a Joss Whedon show, I feel it’s only fair to warn you ML not to get too close to any of the characters because Whedon is notorious for killing the fan favorites! For me, it’s too soon to decide on a favorite, but the early feeling I’m getting is that the charismatically geeky Scottish techie is going to be the character I associate with the most. It was also a nice surprise to see Ron Glass, a veteran actor from Whedon’s show Firefly, as the doctor character back at their headquarters.
      Yeah,I really enjoyed Buffy and Angel back in the day.The later up until they killed off Cordie. 👿

Then it was downhill.

Firefly was a great little series that didn’t get much love at the time by FOX.Though the movie was so so.

So this Thursday Once Upon A Time:In Wonderland debuts.Hopefully the magic will strike once more.

And speaking of Once Upon A Time,the series is now screwing around with Peter Pan and the main cast

is in Neverland.

Next week we finally get to meet Tinkerbelle!Looks like she and Regina had a past! 😎

Thorn
      I’m really loving the new season of Parks & Rec along with Blue Bloods and ABCs ne show The Goldbergs. I really miss Wendy Covey on Reno 911 and it’s nice to see her doing comedy on tv again.
      Once Upon A Time did a take on the Disney verison of The Little Mermaid .Of course Regina

messed with Ariel’s head back in the day so Ariel is a bit reluctant to help them out.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is also great fun.I like it when the Knave mentions something like

simply wanting to kick up his heels and relax in front of the telly,like he did last episode,and Alice gives him a

“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?”look.

*bump*

Doctor Whocelebrates 50 years this month but not having BBCAmerica wasn’t able to see any of

the anniversary stuff on tv.

Elfen Lied. Just came to my house after ordering it off rightstuf. It is one of the epic animes of the 90’s
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

one of the epic animes of the 90’s

Nope. (2004, dude ;) )

AstroNerdBoy
      Did anyone watch “Day of the Doctor” (the Doctor Who special)?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

I don’t have BBC America so I’m still waiting for my local theater to pick up!

AstroNerdBoy

chucklocker wrote:

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

I don’t have BBC America so I’m still waiting for my local theater to pick up!

I think the theater thing was a one night only event. The BBC were streaming it online, but that was a limited time thing to (one week I believe). After that, one has to wait for the BD/DVD release.

jgzinv
      Watching Arrow (tv series, very good imo), and Outbreak Company which is pretty funny.
      Almael
      Strike the Blood

Sounds familiar?

It’s about a guy

who during daylight complains: “It’s hot. I’m burning. I’m gonna turn to ash.”

who gets exited with a nose bleed when smelling a girl’s wallet.

In order to keep him in check a girl is sent to take care of him in case something happens. And that’s a promise.

She’s dedicated and works 24/7… but she’s a country bump. As a result, she got hurt by him, bled and needed to be checked but luckily it was a safe day so the test was negative…

And so begins his ascension to fame. Well, that’s the gits of it.

The show is based on (currently) a nine novel series and an abridged manga based on the anime (not cut as much as the seikai mangas).

The story is slow paced and takes quite a while before it gets interesting, though. The whole first novel is just the intro.

There are 37 adventure chapters so it might become a long show…

The impression is that it’s similary to “To Aru Kagaku no Railgun” only dressed differently and more of a harem type. [Imho “Kyoukai no Kanata” is superior.]

Toshokan Sensou/Library War

Toshokan Sensou The Movie – Kakumei no Tsubasa

Library War: The Wings of Revolution

I finally came around to watch the movie and it’s better than expected.

The movie continues where the show left off.

The war is escalating. Using a faked accident the censorship law has been expanded and to be used to forbid an author from writing.

The Library Defense Force is finally able to take this to the court, but it also mean a do or die situation.

If they lose the constitutional freedom of expression will be practically gone. Once again our protagonists risk their lives for an idea the public doesn’t care.

Sadly, the show and series as a whole has been taken over by recent events. Worse the freedom of speech is being lost without the need of censorship laws.

The recent censorship law passed in Japan this week already censored the news about itself.

Anyway, the movie is unexpectedly well made and has virtually no weakness compared to other movies made for a show. The script and directing made everything look right without looking forceful or trying to bring the audience up to speed on the show. Nothing seems missing or left out or to be desired. The movie wraps up everything in the show, and for all lead and major characters.

Even other characters from the show get an appearance and some role. The movie managed to keep the charm and atmosphere of the show. It has a little less action compared to the show as it addresses the core of the problem instead of fights on the surface. What’s more the BD has over 100 minutes of commentary. I haven’t seen anyone providing this much yet.

It’s a great movie for fans, and perhaps the best one made for a show in this light.

Since it’s a difficult theme and virtually a niche show it may not appeal to everyone, though.

Once Upon A Time finally ended it’s Neverland arch yesterday.As part of it they finally did the backstory of how Regina got Henry.This whole arch was full of surprises the biggest of which was that:
      Peter Pan was not only the Big Bad of the arch but also Rumpelstilken’s father and thus

Henry’s great-grandfather.

What’s even more insane is the fact thatat the end Pan manages to switch bodies with Henry just as they’re about to put him in Pandora’s Box.

julia
      ^I’ve never watched that show, but I did see a clip of a character Marilyn Manson voiced ;u; Some sort of shadow??

I have Everybody Loves Raymond on netflix XD I used to watch King of the Hill a lot before they took it down ;n;

Our local Root Sports Northwest station re-ran last Friday’s Apple Cup game between the UW Huskies and

WSU Cougars.Being a Husky fan nice…for Cougar fans it must’ve been hell to relive.

Any way since MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a rerun yesterday night I re-watched

Gilligan’s Island instead.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Any way since MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a rerun yesterday night I re-watched Gilligan’s Island instead.

This really irked me. It’s the second time they’ve done it too.

I looked on the schedule for today and it looks like they’re re-running NCIS:Los Angeles

in place of Hawaii 5-O.

Anyways yesterday saw Once Upon A Time,In Wonderland.More back ground on Jaffar.In it it’s revealed that the Sultantried to drown him.Jaffar definitely has father issues.Also Alice’s father is brought to Wonderland by Jaffar to use as bait to get Alice to use her second wish.

One of the things I notice about the Once Upon A Time franchise is that they give their villians sympathetic backgrounds so it’s hard to boo them too much.A lot of the times they tend to be even more

sympathetic than the heroes.I mean when it was revealed yesterday thatthe old man Jaffar was holding prisoner for so long was his own father,the sultan,and seeing how the sultan had treated Jaffar when he was a boy…

So the Winter finale of MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. brought us full circle with the Scorpion story arch and the return of the man they were after in episode 1 who ironically is nowa S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in training.The big surprise was when they turn around and grab Coulson to find out what happened to him at the end of the second Avengers Movie.This is where it will continue after the break.They want to know what really happened to him for some reason yet to be explained which has something to do with the Scorpions overall plans it seems.

On the Winter Finale of Once Upon A Time,In WonderlandAlice and Cyrus finally get reunited and

we find out that Anastasia/The Red Queen’s wish was simply toturn back time in order to stay with Will/The Knave instead of becoming Queen.Though there’s a bit of ironic endingwhen Will makes the wish to free Cyrus from his sufferings it backfires and he finds himself replacing Cyrus as the genie in the bottle.Cyrus did say to be careful.We also find out why The White Rabbit was betraying Alice.
      The Red Queen was holding his family.

And the Winter Finale of Once Upon A Time yesterday.Now we have to wait until March 9 for answers.

One of the biggest being:how the heck did Hook make it out of the Enchanted Forest and to Boston if Regina said that once Pan’s curse was stopped there would be no way to get back?
      I like the fact that now that both Rumple and Regina are on the side of the Good Guys they have been trying to bring new villians in for different archs.The surprise of this season was that Peter Pan was the Big Bad

for the story arch.Also the fact that he was reallyRumplestilskin’s fatherwas pretty much a shock.Then again we did get to see a really rather badass Tinkerbelle! badass1

Best line of the entire series so far:

“I’m a villian and villians never get happy endings!”Rumplestilskin and repeated by Regina toward the end.

P.S. Looks like the new Big Bad is going to turn out to beThe Wicked Witch of the West

julia
      And now Wonder Woman has become part of my Saturday night viewing on Metv taking the place of

Lost In Space which replaced Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea which is on hiatus.

I saw the pilot movie last Friday and the first episode last Saturday.Basically not as campy as Batman

but still not as serious as say Smallvillebut still all fun.What I really liked about it was the fact that in the first season that’s set in WW2 Lionel Waggoner’s character of Major Steve Travers doesn’t just sit around

on the sidelines and let Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman do all the fighting.He gets some pretty good licks in himself in the pilot and the first episode.

Yes…FINALLY the return of Psychand the return of Sean and Gus’ nemesis the gentleman thief

Desperdeaux! tuxedodouche

And this time he pretends to work for Interpol!All the season opener needed was a Japanese femme fatale

ala Fujiko to turn it into a Lupin III caper.And what’s with Gus being a Potterhead?I thought he was supposed to be the sane one! woooo1

Anyways that was on Wednesday followed on Thursday by another great episode of Elementary.

Am I the only insane one here who would love to see CBS and USA come up with a two part cross over between the two shows?Would this lead to total anarchy?Would Joan Watson survive?Or would Sean and

Gus eat up all the Fritos?

Re-watched Time Traveller on Monday.

Tuesday on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. they finally had the big reveal about Sky’s past.

Also great line:”Ward and I are having sex.”Mae to Coulson in Mexico City. 😆

Next episode isn’t until Feb.4 when Stan ‘The Man’ Lee makes an appearance.

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Watching Ancient Aliens on Xfinity on-demand 8-)
      Ah yes,the Superbowl is finally set.Will be rooting the ‘Hawks on. badass1 coolguyshades1

Though I only saw portions of the game yesterday.I got too nervous to watch the entire game.And yes

saw the postgame trash talking.

Then saw a rerun of Columbo and finally Silent Mobius:The Motion Picture 1.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I watched Frozen, the new Disney film. My Anthropology professor is very much anti-Disney and even she demanded I see it. So I did. It’s pretty! The music is pretty. The voice work is pretty too (Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel! Yes, Kristen Bell can sing because she’s perfect!). It has a great twist! I didn’t see it coming. Here are two scenes/songs from the movie:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/azOmSXgKfus[/BBvideo]

And I love love love this song:

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/iEKLFS-aKcw[/BBvideo]

I wondered why the music was so fabulous, then I found out that the score was composed by no other than Christopher Beck, who’s also known for stuff like this from Buffy.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/VCO0J1N661U[/BBvideo]

Well heresies of heresies I got Star Trek:Into Darkness as Christmas present from my sister in Alaska and so now have to watch it some time.
      The-Kaiser
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well heresies of heresies I got Star Trek:Into Darkness as Christmas present from my sister in Alaska and so now have to watch it some time.

i saw it in theater all i can say bout it is lots of collateral damage happens 0o

Almael
      Samurai Head Hunters

BBC’s Samurai history documentary is good but this british documentary is in a league of it’s own. To sum it up it’s about the dark secret of the trade. If you are looking for fighting techniques, strategy, and tactics this is not it. It does go into the warrior’s handbook, though. And it’s not about history either…not a single word on the most important decision in Japan’s history. The example story takes place just before the Tokugawa shogunate. This is definitely a must see episode but be warned it’s uncensored truth.

The Princess and the Pilot / Toaru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku

Because of the english name was different I didn’t realized “The Pilot’s Love Song /Toaru HikÅ«shi e no Koiuta” was related. I saw the novel a while back but did not know it was made into a movie. There are two other series in this universe. Imho better than Pilot’s Love Song.

The story is typical boys meets girl or rather street boy meets princess. The interesting part is the world itself. Sadly, the movie does not go into the details of the world. It’s worth watching but may not be a keeper for everyone. The actions are alright, but inaccurate. I doubt the water fuel technology is realistic even in a hundred years.

Elementary yesterday night was rather interesting has it dealt with a cold case involving a fossil.Then too Sherlock had to act as Sponsor for another addict.

Sunday I plan on watching this thing you may have heard of called The Superbowl.I think The Seahawks…aka

The Good Guys are playing this team from Denver whose quarterback is somehow related to a former Saints quarterback named Archie. iloveit1

Serious though I shall be hopefully rooting the ‘Hawks on to victory on Sunday.

Yesterday I watched this show on Fox called The Groundhog Day Massacre which is better known as the

Superbowl.I would really love to know what Denver fans might have been thinking at half-time,since whatever

they were hoping for didn’t happen.

Anyways sitting there in my church group and watching Payton Manning on the sidelines I couldn’t help but comment

on how frustrated he looked.I mean I was one of those people who thought the ‘Hawks who win by a field goal or

extra point.Something like 23-20.

I mean the game was too embarrassing to watch toward the end.I knew we had a good defense but now it looks like

The Legion of Boom is up there with the greats.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is back on.Yesterday was the anticipated appearance of Stan Lee.It also ended withSkye being shot and seriously wounded.
      A group from church this coming Sunday afternoon will be going to see the new Jesus film:Son of God.

I’ll let everyone know what I thought about it next week.

Because the weather decided to change on us I wasn’t able to see Son of God,though at 2 hours and 20 minutes I don’t know if I would have been patient enough to have sat through it all.
      Just watched You’re next. Had an interesting ending
      Yosho24
      Just decided to subscribe to wwe network to get my fix of old school wrestling goodness, and I wasnt disappointed. I’ve been watching it nonstop. Any other old school wrestling fans on this forum?
      Not a fan of pro-wrestling though I have watched some here and there on occasion.

And now that Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,Once Upon A Time,In Wonderland,Psych,

Elementaryand on Sunday Once Upon A Timeare all back I can go back to my regular viewing.

On a sad note this is the final season for Psych.So last chance to catch the boys doing their thing.

Once Upon A Time finally returned.This time the Big Bad is a little Wicked! Let’s just say that this story arch

involves a lot of flying monkeys!!! iloveit1

Also it looks like Emma’s luck with men has kept up…meaning all bad..this time the man in her life:
      turned out to be a flying monkey in disguise!

MARVEL’S Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting really epic now that they’ve introduced HYDRA finally.Now that it wasn’t epic before but WOW!this current storyarch called ‘Uprising’ is making you guess what’s what and who’s who.

So it turns out that Mae is really reporting directly to Director Fury in order to keep tabs on Coulson to make sure he doesn’t act erratic in which case she has orders to have him put down it’s also interesting how this seems to tie in with the new Captain America movie:The Winter Solider.

Now I’m thinking the whole deal with Ward at the end of the episode was a little play they were doing to get him into

HYDRA so he could act as a S.H.I.E.L.D. mole,at least from the way Coulson seemed to be talking with him before he departs.

TheFrieza
      Dragon Ball Z season 3 on Blu-ray which just come in the post today :)
      Elementary,really good one about anthrax threat that turned out to be a big red herring.Turns out it was a scheme to get insurance money on a farm by killing off the cattle

Anyone here who’s a history junkie like me should try out AMC’s new series:Turn,it’s based on the true life

story of an American spy during the Revolution named Abraham Woodhull.It comes on at 9:00 p.m. Pacific/Eastern

and 8:00 Central on Sundays.

Watching Bar Rescue on Spike TV. Love Jon Taffer – he’s awesome. =3

**Cheers**

Well, only episode 2 and Turn is getting interesting.Who knew that Major Andre was such a ladies man?

I think I’m liking Major Rogers a lot even though he was a Tory.The guy was a total badass. I also loved the way that

Scott rebuked Captain Talmadge for the way he treated Captain Simcoe.

edited after I looked it up and it was General Scott not Washington as I thought.

Wow!Looks like I was totally wrong about Ward on Marvels’ Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Now the addition of the new guy makes me wonder if he’s going to be Ward’s replacement or what.So now only two episodes left to the season finale and it looks like it’s also seguing in to the new Captain America movie:The Winter Soldier.

Wonder if Coulson will end up having a cameo in that movie as well.

Elementary looks like Mycroft’s on cahoots with the mafia or so it seems.This one ends on a cliffhanger as
      Watson gets kidnapped.
      Finally caved and popped a DVD into the PS2. Which one? Kannagi, volume 1.
      Only two or one more episodes left before the season finale for MARVEL’S Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this is getting to be a real roller-coaster ride now.And next week they do Ward’s back story.

The most interesting thing about last night’s episode was that May was able to finally show Coulson who was behind the TAHITI project:ironically enough it was Coulson.And everyone learns that Ward was the traitor and murdered the agent in charge of Fury’s secret base.

Finally Lola got some long needed action.

Elementary yesterday ended on an interesting note.It seems Mycroft has secrets he’s keeping from his brother,such as he might be working for MI5(or is it MI6 that’s the equivalent of the CIA?).
      Once Upon A Time, so it looks like Selina turns out to have been more powerful than expected.

Turn,this takes place during the Winter of 1776/7.I think some viewers were a bit shocked at the ongoing

revelation about there being slaves in the North.

General Washington makes an appearance at the end.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I’m finally getting around to watching some shows I desperately needed to see.

Escaflowne(I’ve seen the movie)

Armitage

Tekkaman Blade

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      segaman4
      Tenchicast,batmanbegins,amid first love qt1
      Elementary looks like someone is trying to frame Mycroft now.
      Once Upon A Time season finale yesterday.Basically Emma and Hook go back in time to the pre-Curse

Enchanted Forest and Emma really screws things up.Regina’s outfit as The Evil Queen was one of the best costumes

I’ve seen on the show(it was black with red trimmings),and that’s saying something considering how costume heavy

the series is(and then I happen to be a Regina fanboy! 😆 )

Favorite lines:

Emma(to Hook after they find themselves back in the Enchanted Forest):”I’m not Marty McFly and there’s

no Delorean to take us out of here.”

Regina(to Emma after Maid Marian shows up with them at Granny’s):”You’re just like your mother,never thinking about the consequences of your actions. I hope to Hell that you didn’t bring anything else back with you!”

Yeah Regina was pissed not only because Maid Marian was reunited with Robin but once again her romance was

blotched.

And FYI next season looks to be a bit frosty or shall I say frozen?

And I aint referring to Regina’s ‘tude toward Emma and her mom either.

And now Defiance is back for Season 2 on SYFY( why are their best shows named for towns?:

Defiance,Eureka,Haven).

Wow! I guess Marisa really has gone into the deep end of being at least borderline psychotic now.She even
      dreams she slits Nolan’s throat while he’s driving.And then the new puppet mayor of Defiance

is a regular voyeur at least when it comes to spying on the former mayor.

Yeah,after the first episode of the season it looks like Nolan is one of the only main characters who hasn’t quite gone

totally nutso yet.

Prediction that when Nolan and Marisa get back to Defiance the you-know-what is going to hit the fan and

sooner or later the Earth Republic will get the shit kicked out of them(at least I hope).

Oh and this season the game and the series are supposed to be more tied together than last season.

Wipeout season premiere yesterday.Interesting twist on the final round this season:instead of making the contestants go back and repeat if they wipe out they’re to keep on going.They’re doing this in order to come up with

faster runs.The winning team did it in under 5 minutes combined time,and the second man through had a bum leg

from crashing it in the second elimination round.

Ok so her name’s Irisa and not Marisa.

Any way Nolan and Irisa are back in Defiance finally.Also looks like Nolan’s going to end up being the

Law Keeper again.

And as I said before the shit looks to be flying.

Interesting that one Earth Republic officer is called Berlin….seriously?

RyokoDragon
      well let’s see the moment between waiting for True Blood on HBO I’ve been watching alot of fairy tail as well as tenchi muyo! Ova :) I heard from the grapevine that the third part of ova series is coming out in October of this year 2014. I can’t wait I jump hope that patrea burchard will come back and do are lovely space pirate Ryoko’s voice again….
      Gotham is set to premiere on Fox in September.It’s basically Batman without the customes.

Apparently it features Bats,Catwoman,The Riddler,The Penguin,etc.before they all took up their secret identities.

For example Catwoman is still Selina Kyle and Penguin is still Oswald Cobblepot.

Either this show will end up being in the same mode as Elementary or it’ll be a real stinker.Depends on how

things go.

Anonymous
      I’ve fallen in love with Trailer Park Boys, thank you Canada for this wonderful gem

[BBvideo]http://youtu.be/w-z_Sgz-NGQ[/BBvideo]

tkgmalice

Dagon123 wrote:

I’ve fallen in love with Trailer Park Boys, thank you Canada for this wonderful gem

[BBvideo]http://youtu.be/w-z_Sgz-NGQ[/BBvideo]

yeah trailer park boys is awesome :) the guy who plays layhe is one of the best actors of all time just for that role.

i have watched all of that stuff more times than i can count and analyzed every character individually. its a great show

Gotham had it’s Winter Finale a couple weeks ago.Looks like Gordon finally made whoever

is behind the scenes manipulating everything angry,so he’s now at Arkham.Still waiting for them

to make Bullock and Montoya a team like they are in the comics.

And Cobblepot has finally embraced the whole Penguin persona.

I finally broke down and watched an episode of the CW’s version of The Flash yesterday.

I think that if this version raced Quicksilver that Quicksilver would win.All I could think of throughout were two things: 1.A Quicksilver live action tv series would be tons better than this and

2.why are they making Barry Allen into a middle class version of Bruce Wayne?

Overall I decided to give it a C+ grade,mainly because I think that the Wally West version in the

’90s comics was better done,but also I was giving it a benefit of the doubt because it’s only the first season and hopefully it will get better later on.

After that I watched the Winter Finale of MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like not even HDYRA can trust Ward.And we finally get to find out that Skye’s real name is actually Daisy.Seriously? Two whole seasons almost now and we learn her name is Daisy? Since her mother was Chinese I was expecting something more exotic than that.OTOH,the ending introduces some interesting new characters.Also what happened to Trip….talk about literally falling to pieces.

Almael
      How can Quicksilver be faster than Flash? unless Flash’s body gives out.

Daisy….well, it has a bad chinese, japanese etc. name equivalent so I doubt it would be used even in their own language.

That was Wally West because he mainstreams the “Speed Force”,the show is about Barry Allen and

my point was that if the Reverse Flash could beat him to the quick,then certainly our favorite mutant

speedster ought to as well.

As far as the whole Daisy thing…welp, you kinda expect that Skye’s name would be something a bit

more interesting after all that wait was what I was saying.

New Year’s Bump:

Saw the first two episodes of Galavant on ABC yesterday.Basically their version of Spamalot.

devilbecka
      couple of weeks ago I rewatch claymore BECAUSE OF A SPOILER IN MANGA….not saying anything hahahaha badass1
      Saw The Wolverine movie on Monday.Loved Wolverine’s red haired self proclaimed female

body guard.One of the funnier scenes is when Logan and Mariko are running through the Pachiko

Palace to escape the Yakuza who are after her and nobody bothers to look up from their gambling

to see what’s happening! 😆

Like I said at KinoftheStars forum,this was actually one big Red Herring until they reveal the actual

Big Bad at the end.

And finally on Tuesday Agent Carter.So two nights of Marvelmania.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Season 3 of House of Cards was released on Netflix today. You will see very little of me in the days to come lol.
      The season ending of Agent Carter was soawesome1 .So now we got a rogue female Russian

agent somewhere in NYC . Hope there will be a second season since it certainly deserves one.

One of the best scenes was Agent Sousa going up against the evil psychiatrist.At first it looks like he’s hypnotized until he raises his crutch and smacks the doctor down.

Not bad for a one legged agent! iloveit1

Never seen it or read the novels.

Hawaii 5-0 had two episodes for the Season finale: in the first 5-0 has to find a serial killer

before a man who hired a bounty hunter can kill him. In the second a nuke is stolen and placed

on a tram that’s headed toward the center of Honolulu.Oh and in the midst of all this Kono’s getting married!

Yeah,the second one sounds like the writers had a massive brain cramp and basically decided to lift plot elements from Speed and Die Hard.

Once Upon A Time two hour season finale yesterday.All I can say is that Regina made a sexier

villianness than Snow White.I think Snow White is simply the wrong body type to try to pull it off.

Sat through the Custer episode of Bill O’Reilly’s Legends And Lies yesterday.

I give the entire series the not so coveted: Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 .

There was so much b.s. especially in this particuliar episode that I was afraid of where to put my feet.

iloveit1 iloveit1 iloveit1 iloveit1 :

Metv is running Laverne & Shirley on Wednesday nights with Cast Favorites.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Watching reruns of the Doctor Who series 4 and 8 before the new season starts
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Bill O’Reilly’s Legends And Lies

You have to admit he’s the perfect host for such a show. :-P

😆 😆 😆 😆

Fortunately History Channel had a better mini-series called Texas Rising about the early days of Texas starring Bill Paxton as Sam Houston.

And now only a few hours away from Season 3 of Defiance. I need me my Irisa and Nolan

addiction fed! soawesome1

SnowQueen
      I’ve been marathoning RuPaul’s Drag Race XD ( don’t care if judge me *sassy face* ) just finished season 7 so now i’m going backwards and finishing up both season 5 and 6. ^_^
      I actually never heard of that until I came across some quizzes at Playbuzz. Either I live a very sheltered life or else it must be on one of those channels that you can’t get with basic cable. 😆

No Snow I won’t judge you…after all I’ve seen The Brady Bunch Movie! Kiyofacepalm1

Any way last week was the Season 2 finale of Turn:Washington’s Spies great ending.

Friday Defiance Season 3 premiere, new aliens called the Omec. They’re tall,purple and rather nasty.They’re so nasty that even the cruelest Voltons shit in their pants just thinking about them!

Sunday Guys Grocery Games on Food Nextwork Channel.This is a fun show where the

contestants have to search for a list of ingredients that they’re given and then cook something from them.I saw the couples episode yesterday and the funny thing was it was the divorced couple that won! iloveit1

The Stanley Cup is finally over.Saw some of the games,and they were pretty exciting.Was rooting for the Blackhawks to win simply because they’re in the same division as the Minnesota Wild and had a really awesome series against them.

The only downside was the fact that a local Spokane player who also played with the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL was on the loosing team.

Since Linda Hamilton has been guess starring on Defiance they finally couldn’t resist with a

Terminator in joke last week with her saying Ahnuld’s second most famous line from the

franchise:” Come with me if you want to live!”

Almael
      Yeah, that took me a bit by surprise but it was certainly nice. Tenchismile
      Well Bretak had his moment of badassery when he decided he wanted to die in the traditional manner and not be hung.(The traditional manner being a lot more agonizing and painful.)

Has anyone seen Killjoys? And if you have what did you think of it?

And I have to say Diners,Drive-Ins And Dives and Guys’ Grocery Games are two of the

most fun shows on Food Network.But they also make me hungry. iloveit1 iloveit1 iloveit1

Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1 Kiyofacepalm1

Er…yeah…I know Bretak is Stargate SG1… I meant Datak Tarr.And he really does get a

Moment of Awesome but even a bigger one in the last episode.

Viewing 113 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.