What happened after GXP?

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads What happened after GXP?

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Before late 2011, I thought GXP would be the last of the Tenshi series, hell, it was good no doubt about that. But it always felt to me like Tenshi was incomplete, in my heart. GXP was somewhat more complex, traveling to new places and such. But with the new Tenshi series that was released in late 2011 (only in Japan, there is no dubbed version as of now) is VERY good. It’s only about 20 or so episodes if I’m not mistaken. This takes place on another planet other than Earth, and the main character is Tenshi’s half brother, Kenshi. Remember when Tenshi’s father was re-married? Well, looks like he had another son, good for him. Kenshi was transported to this planet on Ryo-Ohki, but he doesn’t remember much on names but what everyone and most things looked like. You’d be surprise who’s going to fall in love with the protagonist this time! Oh, and I forgot to mention that it has fighting that will probably remind you of Gundam, or Armored Core. You really see some character development, and Kenshi is very sincere, and young if you would want to call him that (he’s probably 15, my guess.). So this is a good series, you guys should watch it! 😉

[attachment=0]Kenshi Masaki.jpg[/attachment]

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Hi there and welcome aboard!

Seikishi is awesome, isn’t it? So awesome it even has its own sub-forum. 😉

Although the show’s a little older than you think: it premiered in March 2009 and ran through March 2010 (13 episodes).

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum RoscoDante!

As Nobuyuki has pointed out, we here are already well aware of Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari , or “Saint Knight’s Tale,” as most of us call it here. I myself am a huge fan of it, and there are many more of us here who have seen it and loved it.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I still haven’t seen it

tongueblush

and while most of us are at least aware of it, folks like me appreciate the review and recommendation. Thanks RoscoDante, and again welcome!

Welcome indeed. 🙂

The Tenchiverse is one big multiverse,I doubt everyone has seen everything related to Tenchi.

jgzinv
      well…….
      Almael
      *supports JGZinv’s arm against gravity*

Welcome to the Tenchi forum!

The question is does SKT and GXP take place at different times in the Tenchiverse or do they take place

simuletaneously?Since they have different protagonists.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      SKT takes place 15 years after the events of GXP if I remember correctly. In GXP, it is mentioned that Reia is pregnant (with Kenshi). And Kenshi is 15 years old in SKT.
      Ok.

Huh,has anyone updated the Tenchi Family Tree by adding the characters from GXP and SKT to it yet?

jgzinv
      doubt it unless it’s from TMAU
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Ok.

Huh,has anyone updated the Tenchi Family Tree by adding the characters from GXP and SKT to it yet?

But of course! 😉

Ack…taking too long to download,so I’ll just skip it for now.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Welcome indeed. 🙂

The Tenchiverse is one big multiverse,I doubt everyone has seen everything related to Tenchi.

I’m with JG: I’ve obsessed that such a point. tinoplz

I figure around some time in September I will be back in Dual again.This will be my first time with anything

Tenchi related for awhile. :washu:

Any ways TiT and GXP along with SKT are the Tenchi related series I have yet to see.

Though with TiT and GXP it be still up in the air if I really want to see them or not.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      As for me personally, I recommend that you do watch TiT. It suffers from many faults, but it is a very good tenchi show nonetheless. I personally did not find GXP up to snuff, but that is my purely personal opinion. As for SKT, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Very good anime.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none

chucklocker wrote:

As for SKT, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Word!

Tokyo, I also concur on. Excellent villain, and some unusual emotional aspects shine through even though it is marred by some poor scripting. But worth the watch!

GXP… Lemme put it this way: If you can just not mind the excessive crude (or lewd, really) humor, then the production and script and visual were top-notch!

Oh, and when you get to the part in the last episode when Seina gets kidnapped, switch to Spaceship Agga Ruter. ^_^;

It depends on what you mean by lewd and crude.

I could have picked up TiT before Suncoast folded but didn’t back then.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      By lewd and crude we mean endless and over the top fanservice.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none

chucklocker wrote:

By lewd and crude we mean endless and over the top fanservice.

Word. T_T

jgzinv
      You missed pointless in there too.
      You do know that you are talking to someone who has Ikki-tousen in their collection.And from what I understand that gets to be pretty fanservicey! 😆

btw:My most recent calculation puts the start of Dual at around Sept.1.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

You missed pointless in there too.

Fanservice is its own point. :Cheeks:

Correct.

Now as to the question as to what REALLY happened after GXP,the entire cast went out for coffee and

donuts. 😆

Not only that they made Kiyone pay! 😆

(Seriously didn’t anyone see that coming?That sooner or later someone would come up with the

whole They-Went-Out-For-Coffee-And-Donuts line?)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Fanservice is its own point. :Cheeks:

Well, to each their own I suppose. GXP failed to meet my expectations in numerous other ways as well, but I suppose that it is worth viewing, if only to get a clearer understanding of just what the heck is going on in OVA 3.

Well as a Dual fan any connection with it is the only reason for me to even think of watching GXP.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      GXP pretty much equals Tenchi plus Dual, as well as a side of Spaceship Agga Ruter. Except it’s produced by an idiot instead of Kajishima-sensei…

isawitplz

Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

I suppose that it is worth viewing, if only to get a clearer understanding of just what the heck is going on in OVA 3.

That’s one reason it came out first. 😉

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.