What manga are you reading?

Forums Off Topic Other Anime What manga are you reading?

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    I looked for a thread such as this, didn’t find it />.>” title=”>.>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> So I hope I’m not making a thread that already exists.</p>
<p>*clears throat*</p>
<p>What have y’all been reading, mangawise? What’s the newest addition to your collection that you’d like to talk about or reccommend… or not to the others on this forum? Eh?</p>
<p>I bought a bunch of Gunslinger Girl manga (I like the anime) and it isn’t bad. Also Oh My Goddess, just purchased at a convention, because I guess it’s a classic. I’ve heard good things about the Excel Saga manga and will look for them soon. Other manga I bought at this convention are Nadesico, Hellsing and Saber Marionette J. I have a lot of reading to do.</p>
<p>Non-anime reading? I made this thread, so I’ll say what I’m reading. I don’t care if you do the same. the Hunger Games… before the film is released and it becomes the next Twilight… I’d say it’s written a lot better and actually captures my attention.</p>
<p>Annnnnd I pass the flashlight to the next victim.</t></div>
                                            </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>       
    </li>
</ul>

<div class=
    Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Replies
        Anonymous
        Currently (slowly) going through Cage of Eden, if you’re into horror and…..Dinosaurs, with a draft of Seinen with teens in it, I’d give it a wurl

http://i995.mangareader.net/cage-of-eden/145/cage-of-eden-3120469.jpg" />

Also

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, because with a name like that why not?

http://suitablefortreatment.mangabookshelf.com/files/2012/03/lucifer1.jpg" />

Someone say Dinosaurs !? :D I might have to check that out.

Been reading Ah My Goddess but I’m behind a bit.

Did start re-reading Tenchi again though.

Reading Twin Spica 12 (final volume!) this week, then on to Kimi ni Todoke 13 the week after.
        Been going through Omamori Himari.Read vol.2 Sunday and will end with vol.3 this coming Sunday.I only have the first

three volumes,but still as much ecchi fun as I remember the anime being.They even introduced Lizlet the series moe

character in volume 2(wondered when she show up).My only complaint so far is that they changed Shizuru’s

“Nyaah!”” to “You know!”(She says that at the end of every sentence,nyaah!)

Since the last post I’ve read:Omamori Himari vol.3,Inukami vol.1-2 and Codename Sailor V vol.1.

This weekend I shall read Codename Sailor V vol.2.I need to add more Sailor Moon and also some more Magic Girl

titles.Any suggestions?

I’m about to start Cross Game 7 (volumes 14 and 15 of the Japanese editions).
        Anonymous
        Just bought all the Spice and Wolf manga that are currently available in English as well as the light novels that are translated… so I’m pretty new into manga, but I’m tired of reading crappy short stories and textbooks for college and need something decent to read =D!
        Try the Neon Genesis Evangelion:Raising Shinji Ikari Project,pretty hilarious take.

I haven’t even seen Spice and Wolf yet,even though it’s high on the list of titles I want to get one day.

Thorn
        I’m currently reading Black Lagoon, specifically El Baile de la Muerta arc, in the hopes that it’ll keep me satisfied until the current season gets around to being dubbed.
        I started to re-read my TENCHI collection. :sign:
        chucklocker
        Participant
        none

mitsuki lover wrote:

I started to re-read my TENCHI collection. :sign:

I approve of this. :Tenchismile:

Also, I just bought my first manga in almost ten years today! It’s “Codename: Sailor V!” and I can’t wait to start reading it!

There’s only 2 volumes in it Chuck so go and get the second volume as well.It’s worth your time as it is the

prelude to Sailor Moon.

:D

chucklocker
        Participant
        none
        Oh, I totally will. I am really digging it so far :D
        Sasami Stories this Sunday. 😎
        Picked up vol.1 of Sailor Moon at B & N Thursday.
        chucklocker
        Participant
        none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Picked up vol.1 of Sailor Moon at B & N Thursday.

SWEET! Let us know how you like it! I’ve finished Codename: Sailor V and it was great, so as soon as I can scrounge some money together I want to start in on the Sailor Moons.

It will be awhile before I get there.I’m going to re-read Omamori Himari first and after that start into Sailor Moon with Codename Sailor V.So that be in about 6 weeks or so is the estimate.
        chucklocker
        Participant
        none
        Well, I bought the first two volumes of the Sailor Moon manga today! I was originally going to only buy the first, but, well, i just couldn’t say no to this face!:

http://otakufuel.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/large_19817_sailor_moon_manga_2.jpg" />

My Ami. :D

Of course I have to get it along with the next three or four volumes as well.

Yesterday I read the Mixx version of vol.2 of SuperS.It includes the famous side story:Amy’s First Love. bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

btw:off topic,I took a pick at an astrological encylopedia when I was at the library today and it turns out since I was born at 3:15 a.m. I come under Venus for my birth planet,even though I’m a Pisces. 😆

Back on topic: I’m thinking of reading what I have of Rin*Ne next.I’m also thinking of getting the Wedding

Peach manga as well as more of the Sailor Moon one.I’ve also got the Tokyo Mew Mew Omnibus volumes

1 and 3.They really messed up the cultural/translation notes at the end of volume 3. 👿

But any way vol.3 of Sailor Moon SuperS on Sunday.

AJ LightH
        Currently looking into the Tenchi manga I didn’t even know existeand To aru majutsu index series. Really wish I heard about them back then but whatcha gonna do?

Also looking into Chrono Crusade and Sailor series. Only as a homage to shows I watched on toonam :D i. Gotta honor the memory.

chucklocker
        Participant
        none
        Tenchi manga you say…. Look no further! all the info, conversation, and links you could ever need are right in that thread! It’s funny how many people have never heard of this awesome series before, even though it’s pretty much a twelve year addition to the show! Anyway, check that link out and feel free to ask any questions about the manga over there :D

Also, totally look into the Sailor Moon manga! It may just start out as a trip down toonami memory lane, but it’s a fantastic series that shows a side of the show we here in the west never got to see!

Finished what I have of Rin*Ne and now on to volume 2 of Inukami on Sunday.I really need to get more of both,especially Inukami,I’m a Yoko fan. 😆 😎
        chucklocker
        Participant
        none
        Well, I’ve ordered the Deluxe Viz boxset of the complete Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga series by none other than Hayou Miyazaki! The movie is without a doubt one of the (if not THE) greatest animations of all time, and I am really looking forward to reading the series!
        Mamotte Shugogetten.

Re-read vol.2 of the compiled version on Sunday.

WisperG
        I picked up several manga volumes this month.

Vol.1 and 2 of Berserk. I’ve seen the anime series and the first movie and figured it was finally time to start reading the manga.

Thanks to Toonami I’m now a Soul Eater fan, so I recently went out and bought the first volumes of both the main series and the Soul Eater NOT spinoff.

I finally got around to picking up Vol. 6 of No Need for Tenchi. I look forward to reading that sometime soon.

Not a manga, but I also picked up the 4th Spice & Wolf novel.

I finished Angelic Days yesterday(or what I do have of it as vol.5 is a prequel involving Yui and Gendo

in Middle School that I don’t have)but more EVA goodness still ahead as I start the four volumes of

The Shinji Ikari Raising Project that I have this coming Sunday.Yes,Easter with Misato,Asuka and Rei! 😎 bth_kiyone3

chucklocker
        Participant
        none
        Well, to celebrate a very successful all-nighter I pulled two days ago, I decided to treat myself to some manga goodness yesterday! I originally went in just to pick up the next Sailor Moon manga, but….. well, you know how it goes! 😆

I ended up getting the volume 1-3 omnibus of the Evangelion manga (which, FYI fellow EVA fans, is super high quality and a FANTASTIC bargain! It’s printed on larger, high quality paper, and it’s got tons of interviews with staff and cast members. I highly recommend picking it up!) and the first half of the Trigun manga omnibus. So yeah, that’s what I’ll be reading for quite a long time :D

You should also pick up The Shinji Ikari Raising Project if you don’t have it now.I have volumes 1-4.

Why are you just buying the singles of Sailor Moon?If you have the money invest in buying the manga boxsets.Even though the second won’t be out until October it still saves on having to go back and forth all the time to buy the singles.Plus in the first boxset you get stickery goodness! bth_amii

Speaking of TSIRP I read volume 4 this Sunday and then plan on re-reading what I have of Hell Girl.

After that I think a re-read of Tokyo Mew Mew is in order and then probably get back to Omamori

Himari and so I can finally get to reading volumes 4 and 5 there.

chucklocker
        Participant
        none

mitsuki lover wrote:

You should also pick up The Shinji Ikari Raising Project if you don’t have it now.

I’ve often thought about getting it, but it always seemed a bit weird to me…. Can you tell me anything about it that might make me want to pick it up next time I see it?

mitsuki lover wrote:

Why are you just buying the singles of Sailor Moon?

Mainly because I’m lazy! 😆

😆

But aren’t we all.

Sunday I start my re-reading of Hell Girl for the next four weeks.

And now for some lighter reading with Tokyo Mew Mew.

Also I picked up vol.7 of Omamori Himari while I was at the B & N at Spokane’s Northtown Mall

along with vol.1 of Blood-C manga.Now I gotta get the Blood-C anime even more! 😎

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.