Where can i find Saint Knights Tale?

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads Where can i find Saint Knights Tale?

• This topic is empty.
    Hey, i’m from the UK and found out about SKT through listening to the tenchiforum podcasts.

Anywhere online i can watch/download them? preferably dubbed.

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • Replies
      jgzinv
      There is no dub of the show, it’s unlikely to get to the states due to the longer format it’d be very expensive to pick up for a distributor in the US.

Hence… unlikely there will be any English dub of it.

As to sub –

http://www.goodanime.net/category/isekai-no-seikishi-monogatari

http://anilinkz.com/series/isekai-no-seikishi-monogatari

Depending on how good your ad-blocker is…

stewonder44
      thanks!
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      First off, welcome to our forum stewonder44! It’s great to have another UK member! I was actually in the UK today for a short while believe it or not! Feel free to post a short introduction in the new members thread if you feel like it, we would certainly love to get to know you better! As for Saint Knight’s Tale, I think you are in for a real treat, I absolutely loved it! Anyway, welcome to our forum!
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Also, thanks so much for listening to our podcasts! They are really fun to make, and we do our best to make them enjoyable and informative for the larger Tenchi fandom. If you ever feel like taking part in one yourself we would love to have you!
      devilbecka
      HI NEIGHBOUR WELCOME!
      Yes welcome indeed.
      Actually I haven’t seen this either yet.Another title I need to see sooner or later.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I highly recommend it. It is an excellent anime, and it is very reminiscent of classic Tenchi. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
      stewonder44
      thanks chucklocker. Out of interest, Whereabouts were you when you were in the UK? Also, let me know your plans for the podcast and i’ll see if i can fit it in!
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Oh I was just in Heathrow for a layover on my way to Istanbul. I will be back for a few hours this wednesday if youre interested in meeting up lol. JK
      Impossible Odds
      Participant

I’ve been looking for this series for some time, having heard of its relation to the Tenchi series, but I never found anything.

Turns out I shouldn’t have been looking for the English title, urgh. Thanks for this!

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Impossible Odds wrote:

Turns out I shouldn’t have been looking for the English title, urgh.

Yeah, SKT isn’t the English title anyways. 😉

That’s why I personally never use it.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Impossible Odds wrote:

Turns out I shouldn’t have been looking for the English title, urgh.

Yeah, SKT isn’t the English title anyways. ;)

:WUTH:

Hopefully Dagon won’t notice this post…

😆

Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

[

Yeah, SKT isn’t the English title anyways. ;)

No, You’re right, its not

…its better, that’s why people use the one I made coolguyshadesplz

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1864/seikishione.jpg" />

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4880/whatsthatohright.png" />

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

…its better, that’s why people use the one I made

“Anime Expose”? How is that better? :Cheeks:

It’s the AIC translator’s fault, anyway. 😉

But what happened is that the full title translates literally into “Sage Machine Master’s Story in the Different World” (according to my book jacket) and as discussed in the old FUNi forums via a side-trip to AFC:

Quote:

From a certain Juraian princess’s fan club:

quote:

異世界の聖機師物語

Very literally(I think)

Another world’s Seikishi(Holy Machine Master)’s tale

I seem to remember a lot of old translations using holy/saint knight’s tale or some such. However, the kanji for knight are completely different(though it is pronounced the same), making it a play on words.

So that’s why.

I don’t expect either to be used if the show’s ever licensed.

Anonymous

Nobuyuki wrote:

Anime Expose? How is that better? :Cheeks:

Its from issue 70 of NEO, one of (if not) the biggest UK Anime magazine currently in syndication. :Cheeks:

Nobuyuki wrote:

It’s the AIC translator’s fault, anyway. 😉

But what happened is that the full title translates literally into “Sage Machine Master’s Story in the Different World” (according to my book jacket) and as discussed in the old FUNi forums via a side-trip to AFC:

Quote:

From a certain Juraian princess’s fan club:

quote:

異世界の聖機師物語

Very literally(I think)

Another world’s Seikishi(Holy Machine Master)’s tale

I seem to remember a lot of old translations using holy/saint knight’s tale or some such. However, the kanji for knight are completely different(though it is pronounced the same), making it a play on words.

So that’s why.

I don’t expect either to be used if the show’s ever licensed.

I’d like to think should that ever happen. they would use it,everybody pretty much has settled on that, :Cheeks: because that’s what people are searching but that would be too much common sense right? (That’s a rhetorical question, lol, oh, and I’d beat the time-stamp, but this isn’t about stretched egos)

Could be worse, could be the Engrish title found on the back of the box set. “Legend of the Jemina”, WTF is that?! Romanji & English took a beating there.

IF Funi ever licenses it, I expect the title will receive an entire renaming, so that everyone knows it is connected to Tenchi. “Kenshi! Tales From a Parallel World” or something along those lines.

http://i50.tinypic.com/19o8ye.jpg" />

Anonymous

shades of blue wrote:

Could be worse, could be the Engrish title found on the back of the box set. “Legend of the Jemina”, WTF is that?! Romanji & English took a beating there.

IF Funi ever licenses it, I expect the title will receive an entire renaming, so that everyone knows it is connected to Tenchi. “Kenshi! Tales From a Parallel World” or something along those lines.

http://i50.tinypic.com/19o8ye.jpg" />

I’m going to guess Jemina is “Geminar” so “Legend of Geminar”, I could get behind that title, sounds cool, but more then likely whoever grabs this show (Its too high budget for FUNi honestly, but who knows maybe they’re saving up :Cheeks: ) will throw Tenchi’s name somewhere in the title, or maybe they’ll go with Tenchi Muyo: Saint Knight’s Tale, who knows

jgzinv
      Tenchi Muyo: tales of the holy land

The holy knight of Geminar

At least those make sense in english….

If it were to be re-titled Tales From A Parallel World even with the Tenchi in front of it,it might end up

confusing Dual fans.

JGZinv wrote:

Tenchi Muyo: tales of the holy land

The holy knight of Geminar

At least those make sense in english….

Tales of the Holy Land has a nice ring to it, but I doubt would be used because some viewers might assume a religious connection to Israel/Judaism exists somewhere in the series. Which would discourage some viewers from buying and leave others feeling let down.

And the other one, well it’s already been established that the original title makes no mention of ‘knights’, nor at any point is Kenshi knighted. Combined with including Geminar, the name of the planet, the title has diverted too far from the intended meaning.

mitsuki lover wrote:

If it were to be re-titled Tales From A Parallel World even with the Tenchi in front of it,it might end up confusing Dual fans.

nah, it’s just standard pandering procedure. A retitling like that has just about the right amount of pandering to hook Dual & Tenchi fans. And lets be honest, whomever licenses it would want to pander to fans of as many related Tenchi titles they can. Since all of their fanbases are practically nonexistent.

Would that include El Hazard as well?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      No.

Fanon notwithstanding, aside from Hayashi/AIC, Tenchi and El-Hazard aren’t really connected.

Oh.So El Hazard is entirely separate then.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Right. But El-Hazard‘s fanbase is practically non-existent these days as well. :(
      Ah! And I do so enjoy the work of the Eternal Goddess of 17 Year Old aka The Ruler of the Cult of 17,

Inoue Kikuko so much.

stewonder44
      ah cool. Interesting. any ideas on the latest podcasts?
      jgzinv
      About what? Last one was TMil2.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Stew, we have a whole bunch of ideas floating around for the podcasts. There is actually a thread devoted to coming up with ideas, and we would love to hear your ideas! http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=536
      And now we know,Thank You Funi!
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      http://www.funimation.com/tenchi-muyo-war-on-geminar/videos (dates subjected to change)

– first subbed episode (EVS members only) scheduled for 9/4/12

– first subbed free episode scheduled for 9/21/12

Schedule

Ok,the bottom link worked but took forever. :?

What does EVS stand for any way?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      It’s funimation’s paying members. They get to view them early and have access to some other features.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      As Chuck said, EVS= “Elite Video Service” (I am not impressed with their current performance 🙄 )

One thing to note- “Seikijin” has been translated to “Sacred Mechanoid”. 😉

Also noted:

“Seikishin” = “Sacred Mechalord”

“Seikishi” = “Sacred Mechamaster”

I always wondered why some of the videos they have up for streaming had an stylized E stamped on them.

So those are the Elite Video ones then.

WisperG
      FUNi is now streaming the 1st subtitled episode for free on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwazKLaN7rLhLb7BCqq6XRO6t8CfI5MXo

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      ^ No more excuses, ML. 😉
      I could say Mihoshi crashed into my house and destroyed the computer… 😆
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

I could say Mihoshi crashed into my house and destroyed the computer…

Well, she needed to, anyway. :Cheeks:

BUT! How were you able to post a response? And you can’t say you used your phone either, my fellow Luddite.

Besides, there’s apps for that. 😉

I was rescued by a young blonde feller with an English accent wearing a fedora and a cricket outfit,with

a sprig of parsley in his lapel along with two girls,one of which has an Aussie accent and keeps going on

about some place called Guildford.Also this snotty kid….. 😆

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      And now, the Hulu! 😉
      AstroNerdBoy
      “Lashara-sama” is now “Princess-King Lashara?” *_* “Dagmyer-sama” is now “Sir Dagmyer?” *_* Seriously, I miss the good old days when FUNimation’s subtitles kept the Japanese honorifics in as a bone to fans like myself. Also, I miss the days when they posted the Romaji name of stuff too, such as “Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari” in the episode and not just the renamed version.
      WisperG
      Now I haven’t actually watched this yet, but “Sir” sounds ok I guess, but “Princess King”? That sounds really wierd. Wouldn’t plain-old “Princess” have been fine?
      ADV did the same with UFO Princess Valkyrie when they changed the title to UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie,and I

still am wondering what the heck an Ultramaiden is,really.

But I think Princess-King takes the cake.Couldn’t they have used a real word like Archduchess for example?

Anonymous

mitsuki lover wrote:

ADV did the same with UFO Princess Valkyrie when they changed the title to UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie,and I

still am wondering what the heck an Ultramaiden is,really.

But I think Princess-King takes the cake.Couldn’t they have used a real word like Archduchess for example?

Sometimes it’s a copyright issue, for instance, the show “Working!” had to be released in the states as “Wagnaria!” because being able to get the copyright for that word or a certain string of popular ones for a decent price would have been impossible.

As far as the name change, it is a bit goofy considering that Princess or Duchess, or any other title would have flown together correctly, but, then again, look who’s releasing it, lol.

Well at least they didn’t rename Utawerarumono ‘He Whose Name Must Be Sung’. 😆

Seriously though some of these titles they give are just plain goofy.

WisperG
      Just thought I’d give an update on the streaming episodes.

6 episodes are now available for free streaming, 8 for FUNi’s EVS subscription service.

I wonder if the full title when the DVDs come out will be Tenchi Moyu!War on Geminar or if they’ll simply

call it War on Geminar.And if it’s the former how they will arrange the title on the cover.

WisperG

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wonder if the full title when the DVDs come out will be Tenchi Moyu!War on Geminar or if they’ll simply

call it War on Geminar.And if it’s the former how they will arrange the title on the cover.

I’m not sure I understand. Why would they do any of that? Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar is what they’ve been calling it, I don’t see any reason why they would change the name for the DVD release.

As for the arrangement, it will probably be like the Movie and OVA sets…

…having the stylized “Tenchi Muyo!” logo…

http://westfieldcomics.com/wow/art/med/OCT122053.jpg" />

…followed by “War on Geminar” in plain text below it, like this:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/k6-96kmvJdnGaK-pDS/browse/item/96387/4/0/0

Well Tenchi Moyu!War on Geminar does seem a bit longish of a title was what I was trying to get at.I was also wondering how they were going to fit it all on the cover.Wait and see I guess.
      AstroNerdBoy
      I’d bet on them leaving the “Tenchi Muyo” moniker on the cover. FUNimation, for marketing purposes, wants to make sure folks know this series is associated with Tenchi, even if he isn’t directly in the series.
      Nerevar
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

Well Tenchi Moyu!War on Geminar does seem a bit longish of a title was what I was trying to get at.I was also wondering how they were going to fit it all on the cover.Wait and see I guess.

Probably with an underscore logo.

I guess we shall have to take a peek at the official Funi site for it to see how they do actually do it.
      So how much longer before it’s officially out?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      All episodes now available (subbed) on Youtube. :D
      Anonymous

The fact each series in Tenchi (minus Tokyo) and Geminar leading the pack beat Madoka Magicka, is DEFINITELY a good thing.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow, the number one spot! I certainly like seeing that, especially with so much other Tenchi hot on its heels! I’m pleased to see that people are enjoying WOG. I figured that it would strike a chord with the larger anime fandom, and I hope that it someday makes it on Toonami.
      I give anything Tenchi related landing on the current Toonami about the same changes as Seattle winning

the NBA Finals this year. :(

On the other hand: bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 :washu: :washu: :washu:

Tenchi (except for TiT) and Geminar beating out such an highly popular newer series as Madoka(not to be

confused with our beloved Ayukawa Madoka from KOR)is something to celebrate!

Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

I give anything Tenchi related landing on the current Toonami about the same changes as Seattle winning

the NBA Finals this year. :(

Hey, they came close last year. :Cheeks:

On topic- keep in mind that the ranking isn’t as important so much as people are noticing the show. 😎

WisperG
      If all goes well, we may not have to wait too much longer for Geminar.

https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/287411052457648128

Quote:

#tenchi War on Geminar probably out before summer, per #AnimeLA FUNimation panel

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      War on Geminar ~ English Dub episodes 1 – 2 TV-MA, are scheduled for 03/05/13 (EVS members) imhappyplz

(read: free viewing three weeks later 😉 )

My question is can Funi’s schedule be trusted.I mean they decided to move the Blood-C release from the

8 to the 22 of January so what is to keep them from moving the War on Geminar release up as well?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      So have they released the voice cast yet? I’m pretty curious to see who they got to voice the characters.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

So have they released the voice cast yet?

Nope. S’all I gots.

So we’re still in the dark as to the dub casting.

Funi= 😈 👿

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      [glow=red]Let there be (some) light![/glow]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VveDEDsxSl0[/BBvideo]

And I guess that’s the title logo they’re using.

WisperG
      And heres the full cast list :D

I’ll post this in the dub cast thread too.

via FUNimation.com

Quote:

MAIN CAST

CHARACTER ACTOR

AURA Lydia Mackay

CHIAIA Morgan Garrett

KENSHI Jason Liebrecht

LASHARA Jād Saxton

LITHIA Caitlin Glass

MARIA Tia Ballard

WAHANLY Cherami Leigh

ULYTE J. Michael Tatum

BABALUN R Bruce Elliott

SUPPORTING CAST

CHARACTER ACTOR

ALAN Joel McDonald

ANGELA Leah Clark

BWOOLE Allison Sumrall

CERES Josh Grelle

CLIFF Jerry Jewell

CORDYLINE Stephanie Young

DAGMYER Duncan Brannan

DOLL Monica Rial

EMERA Shelley Calene-Black

FLORA Colleen Clinkenbeard

GAIA John Swasey

GRYNO Ryan Reynolds

HANNAH Karen Bright

HAZUKI Andrea Freyberg

JOZZY Trina Nishimura

KING SHURIFON John Swasey

KORO Kristi Kang

LAN Brina Palencia

LAPIS Alexis Tipton

MEXIAH Jamie Marchi

MORGA Emily Neves

NANA Pam Dougherty

NEIL Ian Sinclair

NEIZAI Martha Harms

POPE Jerry Russell

UNCLE Jeremy Inman

VANESSA Brittney Karbowski

WREDA Michelle Rojas

YELISS Lindsay Seidel

YUKINE Kristi Kang

STAFF

ADR Director & Line Producer Joel McDonald

ADR Engineer Kevin Leasure

Head Writer John Burgmeier

Script Writer Jamie Marchi

thanks for the list!
      WisperG
      War on Geminar has finally been solicited for May 21st!

via Fandom Post Forums

Quote:

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) – 5/21/13

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) – 5/21/13

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) – 5/21/13

Well that is closer than we think.Hopefully FUNI doesn’t change the date at the last moment.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

(read: free viewing three weeks later 😉 )

Confirmed for March 22nd.

Looks like they’re the only two dubbed episodes to be put online prior to retail. :|

Still something to look forward to.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

War on Geminar ~ English Dub episodes 1 – 2 TV-MA, are scheduled for 03/05/13 (EVS members)

mitsuki lover wrote:

My question is can Funi’s schedule be trusted.I mean they decided to move the Blood-C release from the

8 to the 22 of January so what is to keep them from moving the War on Geminar release up as well?

Just had to say something, huh? :P

Date changed to 04/16/13. :(

Yeah,I hexed you Noboyuki,didn’t I? 😆

Seriously we should know by now to be a bit skeptically of any I do mean any

schedule that Funi comes out with.

I wonder how the change will affect any pre-orders already in.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Considering we’re talking about two different things (streaming video vs. physical release), probably not at all.
      Ah.I see,I think.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

War on Geminar ~ English Dub episodes 1 – 2 TV-MA, are scheduled for 03/05/13 (EVS members)

Date changed to 04/16/13. :(

Episode 1 paid stream up now.

Ep. 1 free stream out May 3rd.

You have to go to the second page to find it though.Rate Tv-MA.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Nobuyuki wrote:

Ep. 1 free stream out May 3rd.

Also on Hulu (registered users).

So are the DVDs coming out this month?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

So are the DVDs coming out this month?

WisperG’s already had his set for a week. 😉

And I see they are finally avaible at Rightstuf.
      bth_Kiyo2342-1

Goofed.

They started PRE-ORDERING it at Rightstuf.

btw:Checked out the WOG section at the Tenchi Wiki.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Complete English dub now available on FUNi’s Elite service.
      Will be going to Spokane on Wednesday,hoping to pick up Inuyasha:The Final Act but will look to see if

they got WOG avaible as well at B & N.

Well War on Geminar wasn’t there when I got to B & N.They still had Inuyasha:The Final Act though but

I decided I rather save the money and order it from Rightstuf.

The fact is the only Tenchi related anime they had was Universe which I already have.

Oh well…at least I got Sasami Wars:The Complete series! bth_kiyone3

Er…I mean Sakura Wars!! 😆

Ok,ok,Nobuyuki and everyone can get off my case now. 😆

I just sent in my order for part 1 to Right Stuf today and next month I will order part 2…

“Same Tenchi Time!Same Tenchi Station!” 😆

bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121 bth_MIHOSHI212121

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.