WHOA WHAT

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum WHOA WHAT

• This topic is empty.
    Hi folks. The founding members will recall me as part of the reason why TF is around, due to an unfortunate falling out we once had over at another board. HOWEVER, this is all in the past. I’m here because I watched some Tenchi last night and wanted to see what’s up. You guys have done really good for yourselves and I’m so happy to see how much Tenchiforum is prospering!

So, just here to check in. I’ll probably lurk mostly but I wanted to stop by and say hi first before I disappear 😉

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Replies
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Hi :D Welcome to our forum, we have muffins and coffee and hot chocolate. You may remember me as Kiyami/MihoKiyo/MihoshiCasey on Tenchiboard. Remember to protect your eyes and have a fun time here. I am a mod, so if you need help, give a holler.
      bkev
      I’d love some hot chocolate :P
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

bkev wrote:

Hi folks. The founding members will recall me as part of the reason why TF is around, due to an unfortunate falling out we once had over at another board. HOWEVER, this is all in the past. I’m here because I watched some Tenchi last night and wanted to see what’s up. You guys have done really good for yourselves and I’m so happy to see how much Tenchiforum is prospering!

So, just here to check in. I’ll probably lurk mostly but I wanted to stop by and say hi first before I disappear 😉

bkev as I live and breathe! (dunno’ if you remember me from way back, still “Who” spelled the same dumb was as always) ^-^ welcome back! We’ve certainly had some improvements along the way, thanks to alot of hard work and contribution from alot of people. Totally agree with the past being in the past, I think we all would agree, for the most part, better to move forward.

Enjoy your hot chocolate, and the board, & hollar if you need anything else (what’s this talk about disappearing? You can always poke your head in from time to time if you’d like)

ryokofan21
      Welcome aboard, bkev. Enjoy your stay. :D
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome bkev! I always enjoy seeing members from before my time return to the fold. I hope that you enjoy your time here, and make yourself at home!
      bkev
      Oh, trust me. I think I’ve already made myself at home :P love your signature by the way. Haven’t seen Yamato myself yet, but I’m a big Matusmoto fan so it’s on my list for sure.
      Welcome and pass the cocoa,I just been shoveling snow myself earlier today. 😆

I agree with Chuck,it’s nice to see older members from Tenchiboards come on board here. :D

The more the merrier.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

bkev wrote:

Haven’t seen Yamato myself yet, but I’m a big Matusmoto fan so it’s on my list for sure.

Oh I think we’ll get along just fine! :D I’m the resident Yamato geek fanatic, so feel free to stop on by the Yamato/Star Blazers thread (started by yours truly! :Cheeks: ) for conversation about all things Yamato and Matsumoto, including my guide on how best to watch Yamato (WITH LINKS TO VIDS!!!)!

bkev
      Oh, totally digging that there’s a guide! I think I’ll watch Yamato while I wait for Discotek to finally release Harlock. I have all of 999 on my external hard drive, and I’m going to buy the s’more collection (even though it’s hardsubbed… seriously? in the DVD age?). So when I say I’m a fan I mean it :P

Just curious, does Manga have the subbed version available anywhere? While I do prefer my anime in English generally speaking a show from the ’70s was typically quite mangled. Sure, Star Blazers was obviously more accurate than say Battle for the Planets, but I’d prefer the unaltered show.

Nerevar
      Participant
      I’ve never heard of this show before, hows the art?
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Nerevar wrote:

I’ve never heard of this show before, hows the art?

To make a long story short, it’s the reason we in the west even know what anime is! It was a monumentally important show from the 70’s that started the international anime craze. This isn’t the proper thread to discuss it though, so stop on by the Yamato/Star Blazers thread to learn all about it! As for the art, well you tell me!:
      https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUMs54euM75vfspEkPD3xgwDbIe-WDzCE3iiNKFY8KhvB6TnNg" />

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSoqkKfmU2r7Muow–OU5J6nbR079T6TeRod8aMgcdK68B84Wi" />

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEgCWAIjgvryAi8AmjNkQhDOC50l514FjwVE2mjYgLTu84jqCS" />

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsDazOthBdR23GC6xun9SMhZg7J20QONmfIf_D2vlvlqqVXkoj" />

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0fcVLvLx3mU3TvwWQsNTJV7v8jjf2x_NblK0QKfkAWIjAMIoqkQ" />
      Also, @bkev: I know that someone has all of the third season up in Japanese easily findable on Youtube, but as for the first two seasons I’ve only ever found random episodes in Japanese, never in one complete season long playlist unfortunately. I know that they exist somewhere on the interwebs though, so if you wanted to don your peg-leg and eyepatch you could probably find them 😎 As for the English dub, I understand why you would mistrust the accuracy of the dub, but I can say pretty confidently that it stays remarkable faithful to the original, given the times. I actually quite like the English dub, but that’s just my own personal preference.

Again, but in a more formal manner outside of mini-chat, “welcome to the forum.”
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.