Your Favorite: Character / Episode / Top 10 Thread

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads Your Favorite: Character / Episode / Top 10 Thread

• This topic is empty.
    [mod=”wwwwhhhhoooo”]Note: The Following Posts May Contain Spoilers![/mod]

Has to be for me when the Mitsu dies in the manga. WHat really made it a tear jerker was when the Mitsu realised who she was and said.. “Thank you” before Ayeka kills it. *SNIFF* I had those tears ready to let loose, so had to put book down before reading last two pages. THat was a few days ago! Usually brings a tear to my eye that story.

What about you?

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Ah yes, the mitsu story is indeed a real tear jerkerer. Hmm… Other than that (and outside the manga, lol) I would have to say the “death” of Ryoko in TU. It literally brought tears to my eye… when I was 10 years old. Today though, its gotta be that previously mentioned scene, Ryoko/Ayeka’s reaction to Tenchi’s “death” in OVA 1, and the whole tragic story of Haruna in TMiL:2.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I would have to agree with Chuck, as the scene where Ryoko “died” bothers me too, although the Toonami edit cut out the blood running down her arm, the music and the drama got to me :( the final episode of Universe was sad for me too, because it was ending and everyone was coming back, but there were no more adventures to have.
      The final episode of Tenchi Universe

The two-part story with Hiwa in the manga

I thought it was pretty sad in Tenchi Universe episode 9 where Tenchi visits his mother’s grave, and worse, in the flashback when he’s delivered the news that his mother has passed away. It nearly brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. It’s especially sad to me since I had seen “Tenchi in Love” prior to viewing Universe, and had gotten to know Achika as a character, and the movie’s bitter-sweet ending (her knowing she was going to die, but deciding to live her life to the fullest anyway).
      Something should be said for the ending of OVA 1 episode 5 when Ryoko finds the blood stained cloth.

That’s probably the saddest moment of the first OVA.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Gah! I think all of these got to me! illtellonyouplz

I’d also have to mention when in ova we learn, via flashback and her own tearful admission (if memory serves, the only time we see Washu cry) that Washu was a mommy (other than in relation to Ryoko, that is) and her baby was essentially taken away from her. Tears, and many of them.

OVA 2 episode 9 when Tsunami is telling Aeka about what happened to Sasami when Ryoko attacked Jurai 700 years ago.
      Ballsmagee01
      When ryoko “died” episode 23 of Tenchi universe. I balled my eyes out for a hour. But then I’ll balled in joy when I saw her again in episode 26. I was 5 at the time XD
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I always get a bit emotional at the end of TMiL when Achika swears to live each day to its fullest, even though she knows her life will end relatively soon, and that she will never be able to be there when her son needs her the most. We sort of take it for granted that this is how she should feel, especially after her kickass fight against KAIN, but it’s easy to forget that she was just a seventeen(?) year old girl who’s life had just been turned upside down. Her strength and emotional courage is astoundingly mature beyond her years, and it always brings bittersweet tears to my eyes.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      This one will seem a bit “odd” but it struck me just the other day as I was re-watching ova for the umpteenth time (thus, instead of hitting me the first several viewings, this scene is only sad because I’ve seen it and now know the future)

wooooplz

Episode 13 of ova

The last episode of the ova before Kajishima attempts to resurrect his series over a decade later. Having seen ova3 (‘Ryo-Ohki’ as is now being called by some to distinguish it) admittedly only once, and having been a dub fan, without going into a detailed rant, it kinda’ got ruined for me (me, having set my expectations higher than a kite). So, in my mind, though not technically correct, in more ways than one Episode 13 is the last episode of Tenchi (ova) for me personally. Plus, as with the Tenchi series in general, it’s a nostalgic link to the past and the perceived future I had at the time (what could have been, etc.)

Anyway, the specific scene I’m referencing is when Misaki, Funaho and Azusa are leaving for Jurai. Everyone says their goodbyes. Misaki’s is particularly heart-felt and melodramatic as she holds back tears waving to each member of the Tenchi cast. She almost acts as if she knows she’ll never see them again, but the rest of the cast knows better. Now, every time that POV shot of Misaki mentioning each beloved character by name comes on, I can’t help but put myself in her shoes and literally wave goodbye to Tenchi, the girls (especially Ryoko!), and a part of my childhood. Because, in a weird extra-diegetic sense, unbeknownst to the characters and the viewers of yesteryear, in so many ways it really is a final ‘goodbye’ to good friends we’ve come to love.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/tenchi13_zps5d22dffb.jpg" />

On the bright side, we (especially me) ought to be thankful for what we got, and that the first two ova’s will live on as though they were made yesterday, even as we all grow older and wrinklier, and the characters themselves will never be forgotten and, hopefully, outlast us all.

Thorn
      You know, now that you’ve brought that up and I remember that scene, I agree with you 100%. It really is like a strange farewell to the characters from the fans. That isn’t to say that there wasn’t anything at all that I i enjoyed about OVA 3 because it did have its moments. Alas, the first two were a lot better and more memorable.

Anyway, I think the two scenes that are always the most heartbreaking for me are the scenes in Muyo and Universe, respectively in which Ryoko finds Tenchi’s bloody headband as well as where she begs Tenchi not to go to Jurai after Ayeka. Those scenes are always the two that immediately pop into my head when I think about the sad moments in Tenchi. In both cases we really get to see how much Ryoko really does feel for Tenchi and it’s painful to watch because you hurt for the girl every single time! The same is true of the rooftop scene in TinT where Ryoko sees Tenchi and Sakuya.

The entire first half of TU’s final episode is like one big long sad moment, as well. As fans who enjoy the world of this series, we’ve gotten used to the girls all living under one roof with Tenchi, and most of us probably can’t imagine it any other way. That episode gave us a glimpse of that and showed that Tenchi himself probably hadn’t thought they would ever really leave, either.

The honorable mentions include Washu’s sob story about her family, Ryoko’s “death” in TU, and Sasami’s confession to Ayeka.

highgear56

Thorn wrote:

The entire first half of TU’s final episode is like one big long sad moment, as well. As fans who enjoy the world of this series, we’ve gotten used to the girls all living under one roof with Tenchi, and most of us probably can’t imagine it any other way. That episode gave us a glimpse of that and showed that Tenchi himself probably hadn’t thought they would ever really leave, either.

Yeah I always thought that part was really sad, to be in his shoes and used to a big family of friends like that under a big roof and then it’s back to silence. For me that was the most heart-wrenching moment of the series. Glad Universe had an optimistic ending though, especially with the Ryoko x Tenchi pairing at the end.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

The last episode of the ova before Kajishima attempts to resurrect his series over a decade later.

I always also perceived this as the ending for the OVAs since OVA 3 is just too radically different in art style/animation/character cast/story arc. I always preferred the mangas’ continuation after the Kagato encounter. I wish the mangas would have been animated.

highgear56
      What is your guys’ favorite OVA episode?

For me, it’s really a hard choice because to be honest I love all of the episodes, but episode 4 was when I started to feel more emotionally attached to the characters and story.

I love the hot springs episode, but I think my favorite is Episode 11 when Zero clones Ryoko and we see this shy blushing side of Ryoko, it was really cute to see her blush at the sight or thought of Tenchi :3

http://tmau.fateback.com/episodes/ova/11-3.jpg" />

Thorn
      I think you make an excellent point in regards to episode 4, and it is so difficult to choose because all of the episodes of the first two OVAs are so high quality. If I really had to pick a single favorite, I’d have to say episode 8. I know there isn’t a whole lot going on in it overall aside from seeing all the girls playing mother to a baby, but it’s always been a favorite. I enjoyed the character development we see from Washu quite a bit, but it manages to do that well while still being a lighter episode. I do appreciate drama, but I’ve always been more into comedy and lighter moments, myself.

As for episode 11, I totally agree! The ending especially is a nice moment when Zero can’t bring herself to kill Tenchi and then in the following episode is brought to tears by the idea of killing Tenchi. In a way it reminds me of Episode 5 even though Kagato was the “killer” in that situation. It was also cool to see Tenchi sensing Ryoko’s cries for help even though he was all the way in Washu’s lab and in another dimension.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Personally, 5 and 6 were my favorite episodes of the ova; apart from 11 and 12. Although I love episode 8 and episode 4; the heartwrenching of episode 5’s ending that led into 6’s conflict then resolution, much like how it happens in 11 and 12. It brings in the way the show can be heartwrenching one second then be lighthearted and have a feel-good vibe to it. That’s just my personal take on it however.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved all of the episodes of the OVA(apart from OVA 3) but out of them all, those are the particular ones that really struck home for me :Tenchismile:

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      It’s really hard to decide on a favorite episode in OVAs 1 and 2 as they’re all fun to watch.Though I do have

favorite scenes,such as Ryoko walking through the fire in episode 1 and then Aeka torturing Ryoko in episode 2.Though I do have to say the hot springs episode comes close to being a all time favorite because of Mihoshi’s introduction and also the episode that introduces Washu and Washu’s “Do you want to be my

guinea pig.”line to Tenchi at the end of it. 😆 :washu:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Tough call indeed. Any choice is an excellent one.

If I had to pick…I’d be inclined to say the first episode. The quiet fade in, the green vegetation and the sounds of the summer cicadas chirping as Grampa slowly ascends the steps of the shrine. It’s how you know you’re about to experience a true work of art.

& I love how we see Tenchi’s quiet life before the girls show up, and how he’s a good kid with a bit of a curious side (don’t we all?), and of course when Ryoko is introduced…slap me on the face and call me Shirley, I literally get chills every time.

& the ending? Tenchi thinking “what a crazy day, but at least it’s over” & guess who’s in the bed waiting for him?! Man, I was hooked on Tenchi that first time I saw it, and well, here I am! A fan to this day, and probably for life.

thiefaelos
      Washu rooting on Tenchi before meeting him. :D
      Anonymous

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Tough call indeed. Any choice is an excellent one.

If I had to pick…I’d be inclined to say the first episode. The quiet fade in, the green vegetation and the sounds of the summer cicadas chirping as Grampa slowly ascends the steps of the shrine. It’s how you know you’re about to experience a true work of art.

& I love how we see Tenchi’s quiet life before the girls show up, and how he’s a good kid with a bit of a curious side (don’t we all?), and of course when Ryoko is introduced…slap me on the face and call me Shirley, I literally get chills every time.

& the ending? Tenchi thinking “what a crazy day, but at least it’s over” & guess who’s in the bed waiting for him?! Man, I was hooked on Tenchi that first time I saw it, and well, here I am! A fan to this day, and probably for life.

Who, I think we’re on some kind of wavelength.

I loved every episode, but I’ve said it before, I think that the first episode of Tenchi is just the purest it’s ever been and it’s my favorite. It showcases what would become classic instances in Tenchi throughout the episode, and introduces us to characters that would forever captivate our minds. Like the old sayings goes “Always put your best foot forward” and “First impressions are everything” well I’d say Tenchi did it perfectly.

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I would be tempted to say episode four, out of nostalgia because I remember Sasami’s quote from that episode in the Toonami ad for Tenchi, and then I loved that episode when I saw it. Mihoshi was pretty much instantly my favorite character, cause she was funny.

I do love that first episode with Kagato though. Everything falls into place, Kagato is a badass, grandpa is Yosho and Ayeka finds out, Mihoshi is awesome and we get that little bit of background for her… I could go on.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      thiefaelos
      The OVA was perfect, in general. Until the OVA 3, I loved every episode, but I don’t consider 3 part of the OVA anyways. (I don’t care if it is canon or not!)
      highgear56

thiefaelos wrote:

The OVA was perfect, in general. Until the OVA 3, I loved every episode, but I don’t consider 3 part of the OVA anyways. (I don’t care if it is canon or not!)

I’m glad other Tenchi fans think this too. I pretend OVA 3 doesn’t exist.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

highgear56 wrote:

thiefaelos wrote:

I’m glad other Tenchi fans think this too. I pretend OVA 3 doesn’t exist.

While we can’t speak for literally everyone in the fandom, and officially Tenchiforum doesn’t have a stance one way or the other…well, you’re right, most of us here personally feel that way 😉

Oh, and to stay on topic: Dagon, we are on the same wavelength here. 😎

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I agree with Nobuyuki entirely. Episode 7 is ALWAYS the “go to” episode for me when im in the mood for Tenchi. I simply love the sweet and cheerful dynamic of the Masaki household that pervades that story. After all, it was the first time we had ever seen the entire (OVA) cast living together under that one roof and it really set the bar for all future “slice of life” eps. Also, Washu’s crack at the end about “two wet fools who forgot to knock” puts me in stitches every time! 😆

EDIT: Also, how could anyone forget about the infamous “nurse Washu” scene! XD

Oh…yes…The infamous scene where we first see Washu in her nurse’s outfit. :washu: 😆
      Amitav
      Title describes it.

This can include anybody from the 3 movies, Tenchi Universe, Ova 1,2,3, Tenchi in Tokyo, Magical Project S, any of the games, and the Mangas. NOT gxp or Geminar.

I would have to say my favorites are Minagi and Noboyuki.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Amitav wrote:

NOT gxp or Geminar

Unless anyone’s absolute favorite character(s) from across the entire spectrum of Tenchi/Tenchi-related series is exclusively from GXP or Geminar (though, chances are we’ll be fine).

Nobuyuki fan? Hurrah! He could use more!

I’ve always been Team Ryoko, always will be.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Who%20made%20these%20Tenchi%20pics/Ryokowink2-1-1.png" />

But I love them all, dearly*

*the original cast, that is

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Nobuyuki is a great character and a good laugh. I must admit though, I am a full out Team Ryoko person myself. She’s the character that got me back into the series itself last year. :Tenchismile:
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Team bth_Ayeka member.Though I also like Ryoko,Kiyone,Washu and the other girls,it’s just that Aeka is my

main Tenchi girl.And if we can include Dual here it would actually be Sanada Mitsuki. bth_images15-1

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Without question. bth_MIHOSHI212121
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I’m also Team Mihoshi… but I really like Kiyone too. bth_kiyonespritegif.

I can relate to both of them at times;But moreso Mihoshi because I’m blonde and sometimes clumsy.

Tsushomei
      Righty then, I’mma represent the lean mean pimp ass team.

Team SASAMI!!!!

http://sadpanda.us/images/1727253-HD9QRVN.jpg" />

… Straight up pimpest.

highgear56
      Team Ryoko for sure!

I like all the characters honestly, except Ayeka. I think in the OVA (1 and 2) she was more tolerable because in Universe and other series (especially Pretty Sammy) she seemed to just thwart Ryoko instead of actively pursuing Tenchi as much as Ryoko did. It may be a biased observation but that’s how I see it.

Mihoshi in the OVA is hilarious too, it was a more subtle ditzy humor than something blatantly ridiculous like Tokyo where she was pretty much there just to be stupid with Kiyone yelling at her constantly.

I think I prefer the OVA (1, 2) character origins and personalities best, Universe and the movies are also good. I like how Universe had an overarching plot and it was more adventurous than the OVA where they just sat around a lot (not that I mind that, it was great for character development).

http://konachan.com/image/1d4bd8b756cccb183b6e04ddc71508e8/Konachan.com%20-%2022365%20ryo_ohki%20ryoko%20tenchi_muyo.jpg" />

Edit: Also Noboyuki, his comedic relief is great!

Ummm….what happened to Team Washu? also does Sasami also count for Tsunami since they’re merged?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Ummm….what happened to Team Washu? also does Sasami also count for Tsunami since they’re merged?

Give it til Saturday, then I suspect this will be rectified 😉

Also, generally that’s how I’ve observed it handled: Team Sasami=Team Tsunami, vice-versa (Sasami=Tsunami, Tsunami=Sasami).

Tsushomei

mitsuki lover wrote:

also does Sasami also count for Tsunami since they’re merged?

Yup

SnowQueen
      I love Ryoko and Ayeka evenly as my favorite character. They both hold a place in my heart so I guess I’m team RyoAye!….. :fight: oh boy. ^^;
      thiefaelos
      Let me tell you who the best character is in the Tenchi-verse….. ONLY THE NUMBER ONE GENIUS SCIENTIST IN THE UNIVERSE! :washu: Washu is so awesome beyond words that we are blessed to even be able to look upon her my friends.
      I was wondering when Team Washu was going to report in.
      Dizzae
      Participant
      For me the episode that I always remember is the one with the Tsunami and Sasami revelation. It was a touching episode and whilst other points in the series may have more action or humour that was really a fantastic emotional moment for the characters.
      If I remember rightly wasn’t that pre-shadowed in the previous episode during the conflict with Kagato when

Tenchi meets Tsunami for the first time and sees Sasami’s reflection?

Dizzae
      Participant
      It was Ayeka’s reaction like a perfect big sister that makes me remember that episode more than anything. I can’t remember the foreshadowing with Tsunami too clearly but seeing what actually happened to Sasami certainly was shocking to me.
      highgear56

chucklocker wrote:

I agree with Nobuyuki entirely. Episode 7 is ALWAYS the “go to” episode for me when im in the mood for Tenchi. I simply love the sweet and cheerful dynamic of the Masaki household that pervades that story. After all, it was the first time we had ever seen the entire (OVA) cast living together under that one roof and it really set the bar for all future “slice of life” eps. Also, Washu’s crack at the end about “two wet fools who forgot to knock” puts me in stitches every time! 😆

EDIT: Also, how could anyone forget about the infamous “nurse Washu” scene! XD

I agree as well, that episode was the 1st time we saw the entire cast together, and it was great to see their interactions together. I always loved the bit where Ryoko tried the ‘Earth style’ way of approaching Tenchi by bumping into him and introducing herself 😆

I felt there was a lot of content in Ep 7, more so than the rest

I always love Mihoshi’s reaction in the hot springs episode at the end when she calls Ryoko a Watchmaker

which leads to everyone else going: bth_Kiyo2342-1

susano
      I do preferred episodes 8 and 9. In episodee 8, we get a chance to see the mother side of Washu. Strangley, this episode gives us a hint about Mihoshi being related to Washu. In episode 9, We see how much Ayeka cares for her sister Sasami. When Sasami becomes an adult, she will look prettier than her sister Ayeka.

While I didn’t like OVA 3, the only episode which I like is the second episode. We get to find out about Tenchi having a sibling. Also, we have found that Tenchi’s parents are much older than we expected. Of course, I do wished that Noike’s personality was more like Sayuka from Tenchi In Tokyo.

bth_Ayeka bth_ann bth_amii

Amitav
      Hmm.

Well the last three episodes in Tenchi Universe have always gotten to me, along with episode 9 of Tenchi Muyo when Sasami tries to explain to Ayeka what happened, and in the manga when Minagi’s creator, Yakage died.

heromech40
      im not gonna lie i almost started to tear up when i saw ova 1 episode 5 or 6 cant remember which when they thought tenchi was killed it got to me
      NinjaboyMMGN
      When ever Ryoko cried over Tenchi… :Cheeks:
      heromech40
      exactly because ryoko is tough and doesnt cry
      Amitav
      Another thing that got to me was when Washu was telling Tenchi the story about how she used to have a kid but they took her away.
      segaman4
      Your favorite personal tenchi charicters! qt1 q
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      1) Thank you, mods.

2) I hate to be that guy to you segaman, but you first. ;)

I’ll go first if no-one else is going to:

1.Aeka

2.Ryoko

3.Kiyone

4.Mihoshi

5.Washuu

6.Sasami

7.Tenchi

8.Yosho

9.Nobuyuki

10.(tie)Misaki and Funaho

segaman4
      What? Ayek WANT1 a first place!!!!!!!!
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

1) Thank you, mods.

2) I hate to be that guy to you segaman, but you first. ;)

Well, we’ll give it a try for now…. Kiyofacepalm1

segaman4 wrote:

What? Ayek WANT1 a first place!!!!!!!!

Now, now, you asked for people’s personal favorites, no heckling.

[attachment=0]mutombo.gif[/attachment]

Off the top of my head, personal favorites:

1. Ryoko

2. Yosho

3. Washu

4. Kagato

5. Achika

6. Kiyone

7. Mihoshi

8. Ayeka

9. Nobuyuki

10. (Toss-up) Ryo-Ohki/Sasami

segaman4
      Nice list funny no one said aero noike z or evenpretty Sammy mmmm1
      SnowQueen
      Well….I love all the Tenchi cast and can’t really put one over another but….

1. Ryoko

2.Ayeka

3.Mihoshi

4.Kagato

5.Tenchi

6.Nagi

7.Kiyone

8.Minagi

9.Washu

10.Yume

Anonymous
      1. Ryoko

2. Tenchi

3. Katsuhito

4. Mihoshi

5. Kiyone

6. Nagi

7. Kagato

8. Achika

9. Azaka (Knight)

10. Kamidake (Knight)

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      1: Ryoko

2: Nagi

3: Kiyone

4: Tenchi

5: Azaka

6: Kamidake

7: Ayeka

8: Mihoshi

9: Yosho

10: Minagi

What can I say except I’m a Aeka fanboy! Tenchismile
      TheFrieza
      1. Ayeka

2. Tenchi

3. Sasami

4. Mioshi

5. Ryo ohki

6. Ryoko

7. Kagato

8. Yosho

9. Kinoie

10.Washu

TheFrieza

mitsuki lover wrote:

What can I say except I’m a Aeka fanboy! Tenchismile

Me too Tenchismile

kiyonesmile1
      Yosho24
      My top ten in order would probably be…

10: Achika

9: Sasami

8: Tenchi

7: Ayeka

6: Kagato

5: Washu

4: Mayuka

3: Kiyone

2: Yosho

1: Ryoko

highgear56
      10. Ryoko

9. Ryoko

8. Ryoko

7. Ryoko

6. Ryoko

5. Ryoko

4. Ryoko

3. Ryoko

2. Ryoko

1. Ryoko

fyeah1

😆
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      I hate this thread. A lot. Because… because I have to post. fyeah1 wtfisthis1

(Dear kami, you people are endearingly annoying)

Also, I’m indecisive, so I’m splitting my lists.

Kaji-verse:

Washu Hakubi

Naja Akara

Yosho/Katsuhito

Kei (Agga Ruter)

Kagato

Tsunami/Sasami

Ryo-Ohki

Mitoto Kuramitsu

Tokimi

Tenchi Masaki

I must say though, that if Clay wasn’t so arrogant, he’d be near the top of my list. He would be cool. Same goes for Seiryo Tennan. (more so after he gets Mihoshi’d)

Notable mention: Mitsuki Amaki and Kiyone Masaki.

Spin-off series:

Ginji Kawai (Magical Project S)

Washu Kobayashi (Pretty Sammy OVA)

Washu Fitzgerald Kobayashi (Magical Project S)

Pixy Misa (Pretty Sammy, Project S)

Dark Washu/Tama-chan (manga)

Yazuha (Daughter of Darkness)

Yugi (Tokyo)

Gohgei (manga)

Yakage (manga)

Kiyone Makibi (Universe, etc.)

Notable mention: Yume and the Shima Brothers.

Yosho24

highgear56 wrote:

10. Ryoko

9. Ryoko

8. Ryoko

7. Ryoko

6. Ryoko

5. Ryoko

4. Ryoko

3. Ryoko

2. Ryoko

1. Ryoko

fyeah1

I love the way you think, my friend.

Now if we were to include characters from say Dual my list would of course be:

MS

MS

MS

MS

MR

MR

MR

D

D

Yayoi

😆

But since we don’t,I won’t! 😆

SnowQueen
      mmhmm1 lol My El-Hazard list would look something like that…

1. Shayla-Shayla

2. Shayla-Shayla

3. Shayla-Shayla

4. Shayla-Shayla

5. Shayla-Shayla

6.Shayla-Shayla

7.Shayla-Shayla

8. Ifurita

9. Mr. Fujisawa/ Miz

10. Shayla-Shayla

I forget but which one is Shayla-Shayla is she the red head?
      SnowQueen
      mmhmm1 Yep.
      Thanks. I thought it was but just wasn’t certain.
      julia

highgear56 wrote:

10. Ryoko

9. Ryoko

8. Ryoko

7. Ryoko

6. Ryoko

5. Ryoko

4. Ryoko

3. Ryoko

2. Ryoko

1. Ryoko

fyeah1

Same LOL iloveit1

Neoghoster Akira
      Participant
      Here goes the list:

1-Kiyone (Mihoshi Partner)

2-Tsunami (Separated from Sasami)

3-Achika

4-Sakuya

5-Mirei (No need for Ghosts)

6-Aeka

7-Ryoko

8-Washu

9-Mihoshi

10-Sasami

—-

11-Nobouyuki

12-Yosho

13-Ryo-Oh-Ki

14-Amagasaki

15-Ken-Oh-Ki

16-Nagi Bounty Hunter

17-Mayuka

18-Funaho

19-Misaki

20-Kagato

Tenchi should choose? Ryoko.

Shounenbat
      Participant
      Favorite Character

Don’t know. I like all of them a lot!

Favorite Episodes of the OAV

The Kagato episodes, for sure. We get to see a number of things, such as the first hint that Mihoshi was a force to be reckoned with at some point. Aeka and Ryoko both react to Tenchi’s death in a way that I thought fitting for both of them, and suddenly Sasami becomes a huge enigma. Washu is introduced alongside Kagato, who is a pretty good villain and ties in nicely with introduction of Tsunami as well. All in all, it was a very good two-parter.

I also like The Night Before the Carnival. Slice of life with foreshadowing, so what’s not to love. The characters are all performing well and the whole thing makes me split my side. Even the nurse Washu scene with should, for all intents and purposes, have majorly turned me off.

Sasami and Tsunami goes up there as a favorite as well. I think it was supposed to settle the questions that the Kagato episodes brought up, but I was still pretty confused about the nature of their relationship. I think I’m just dumb, though, since other people don’t seem too concerned about it.

Anyway, it shows Aeka being very big-sisterly towards Sasami, which is something we don’t see all that often. I remember when a friend and I were trying to get another friend into the show, we had to explain that the two of them were related because, as my friend put it, “I just can’t see them as siblings. They don’t look or act anything alike, and they don’t even interact as siblings do!”

Finally, Here Comes Jurai. I love Lady Misaki and Funaho. I wish we’d see a whole lot more of them. I remember loving the Okuda manga with them in it.

Chapters/Scenes that Made Me Tear Up:

The obvious one being Ryoko’s “death” in TU, followed by the group breaking up. I was glad for the ultimately happy ending, though.

Achika’s death in TMiL was another tear jerker. It was like Tenchi’s mom was suddenly a real person, and Noboyuki was a much more relatable character instead of just “the father” in the show. I loved watching the pair of them, and Achika’s ultimate fate was pretty darn awful.

On that note, I was devastated in TMiL2’s manga, Eternal Memory, when

we find out that Sasami will ultimately share Achika’s fate for using her power to open the gateway to Haruna;s world. When Sasami’s hypothetical child explains that she has no memories of her mother, it’s pretty darn sad. Sasami explains that she may or may not decide to have children in the future, but that she realizes that she’s burnt herself out. The tears would literally not stop.

I suppose an honorary mention would be the Sasami “death” flashback in Sasami and Tsunami. It wouldn’t have affected me, I don’t think, except I saw the edited version of the episode first. Toonami cut out the massive amounts of blood, so when I saw it uncut I was pretty shocked. Somehow it seemed wrong to watch a badly hemorrhaging 3(?) year-old dying on a rock.

I think my favorite scene in Here Comes Jurai was the mother/son one between Yosho and

Funaho.Remember when he admits he can’t fool his own mother and it’s then we learn the entire

‘old man’ disguise was just that a disguise.

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.